PDA

View Full Version : MJ Daniels transfer portal?

Dak Holliday
10-29-2021, 06:41 PM
If this stuff about MJD is true, get your popcorn ready.

Todd4State
10-29-2021, 06:49 PM
Did he announce he was transferring yet?

bulldawg28
10-29-2021, 06:50 PM
Come on home to Starkville MJ!

Santiago
10-29-2021, 07:08 PM
Did he announce he was transferring yet?

no not yet.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-29-2021, 07:37 PM
Rumors are that he wants out. And Dortch is trending to State. I never get hopes up on these things until they?re done deals.

Lord McBuckethead
10-29-2021, 09:09 PM
Well if it helps our team, I say come on dude.

SilentSteel16
10-29-2021, 09:38 PM
How many flips is that now? Didn’t he double tap both us and Ole Miss once already?

Dak Holliday
10-29-2021, 11:14 PM
Everyone knows someone that?s in the know, so take it with a grain of salt, but I was told he might be bringing some dirt with him and that this was the plan from the gate. I guess time will tell.

Homedawg
10-29-2021, 11:37 PM
Well if it helps our team, I say come on dude.

So wait, the guys that do this never pan out, but you want him back?? It's comical. When they flip from them to us, they are doing the right thing. When they flip the other way they never pan out. Gotcha. And no I'm not just talking to you just in general... so no offense

bulldawg28
10-29-2021, 11:44 PM
Everyone knows someone that?s in the know, so take it with a grain of salt, but I was told he might be bringing some dirt with him and that this was the plan from the gate. I guess time will tell.

The NCAA is pretty much dead so dirt doesn't matter anymore. It's only good gossip at this point.

Jarius
10-30-2021, 12:15 AM

The sooner our fanbase figures out that paying players is not against the rules any more the better. The ncaa does not give a shit who pays players. It’s not against the rules. There is no more dirt to be had. Our fans need to step up and get organized and pay with them instead of trying to catch them imaginary cheating.

Dak Holliday
10-30-2021, 08:51 AM
The sooner our fanbase figures out that paying players is not against the rules any more the better. The ncaa does not give a shit who pays players. It?s not against the rules. There is no more dirt to be had. Our fans need to step up and get organized and pay with them instead of trying to catch them imaginary cheating.

I don?t necessarily disagree with you, but not all violations are rooted in paying players. I just put out there what I had heard. I was under the impression that the point of message boards like this were to be the proverbial water cooler, so to speak. If not, please pardon me. I?m fairly new here. I thought it made for intriguing conversation.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2021, 12:34 PM
MJ isn't coming to State. Not at this point anyway. There's a lot to overcome before that's a consideration. Plus, he's not a CB and that's what he's wanting to play. I'd take him as a free safety but he doesn't want to play there. Then, you e got the whole shit show on signing day last year. I can't see this happening. Never say never, but it's not on the table right now.

Maverick91
10-30-2021, 01:11 PM
MJ isn't coming to State. Not at this point anyway. There's a lot to overcome before that's a consideration. Plus, he's not a CB and that's what he's wanting to play. I'd take him as a free safety but he doesn't want to play there. Then, you e got the whole shit show on signing day last year. I can't see this happening. Never say never, but it's not on the table right now.

Nick Saban convinced Jason Taylor to play the outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense while Jason was on his boat headed to key west.

Cooterpoot
10-30-2021, 01:35 PM
Nick Saban convinced Jason Taylor to play the outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense while Jason was on his boat headed to key west.

Nick ain't our coach and Taylor didn't intentionally show us up on signing day.

TNDawg35
10-30-2021, 01:40 PM

I don’t follow it very close, so can someone remind me what he did on signing day?

Santiago
10-30-2021, 01:57 PM

I would think an 18 year old gets a second chance if the reasoning makes sense. Some in the know say it was not his decision on that signing day flip. But I would welcome him along with Dortch, and on future recruiting years have them be the host for any kid getting played by TSUN to tell them how it really works out for success long term.

Maverick91
10-30-2021, 02:04 PM

Lol I know. More or less saying that for the position change.

Dawgfan77
10-30-2021, 03:02 PM

Well MJ was at our game against Bama and so was Dorch....

FoggyBottom
10-30-2021, 05:17 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/ShaneBlanton11/status/1454522668720459785?t=JEWs54d4J08TTZtevAgz5w&s=19

But I do believe Deion Smith will be returning to his home State before next season.

vv83
10-30-2021, 05:41 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/ShaneBlanton11/status/1454522668720459785?t=JEWs54d4J08TTZtevAgz5w&s=19

But I do believe Deion Smith will be returning to his home State before next season.

What does this tweet mean? He?s been at Ole Miss for 10 months

Santiago
10-30-2021, 05:49 PM
What does this tweet mean? He?s been at Ole Miss for 10 months

Is Blanton's firm representing only Ole Miss, or does signing MJ mean it is for regardless? The timing of this.... hmm.

Hambone
11-03-2021, 08:08 PM
I’m guessing he is going to wait until after the season to decide? Or is it done that he’s leaving?

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2021, 08:12 PM
Is Blanton's firm representing only Ole Miss, or does signing MJ mean it is for regardless? The timing of this.... hmm.

Malik Heath signed with him last week

LC Dawg
11-03-2021, 08:48 PM
I guess I'm out of the loop so maybe someone can explain it to me. I don't know who this Blanton guy is but from his Twitter it looks like he represents college athletes (from any school?) in regards to NIL and he is an obvious Ole Miss supporter and openly advocates for kids to sign with Ole Miss.
And he represents Malik Heath.
Does he get a percentage of anything the athletes receive?
Is there anyone with MSU ties that does the same thing as Blanton?

Dak Holliday
11-04-2021, 06:34 AM
Something to consider- lawyer friend of mine says that one of the biggest issues with the NIL is that it makes it legal for anyone from any fanbase to pay athletes on our team. The implications of this are that this could open up anything from point shaving to throwing games, all paid under the guise of NIL.

bulldawg28
11-04-2021, 06:48 AM
Something to consider- lawyer friend of mine says that one of the biggest issues with the NIL is that it makes it legal for anyone from any fanbase to pay athletes on our team. The implications of this are that this could open up anything from point shaving to throwing games, all paid under the guise of NIL.

That's a great point even swaying players to transfer to their respective schools.

FISHDAWG
11-04-2021, 06:52 AM
after the way the flip went down - and it seemed to have an element of intent, I doubt Leach is interested ... and I wouldn't blame him

Dak Holliday
11-04-2021, 07:30 AM
That's a great point even swaying players to transfer to their respective schools.

It is already speculated that it will create a farm system for the better programs. OM better enjoy Corral because in the future, players like that won?t be with MSU or OM once they?ve shown their worth if there?s much time left in college. That?s why they don?t have to worry about Arch. He might go to OM, get playing time that he wouldn?t as a freshman at a bigger school then transfer to a Bama or UGA and the new NIL makes that much more likely.

Dak Holliday
11-04-2021, 07:34 AM
Tbh, the upper level schools might talk players into signing with certain programs for experience and development, knowing that they will be able to transfer over after a year or 2. Schools like ours will become almost like JuCos for the uppers at that point.

Maverick91
11-04-2021, 08:30 AM
Tbh, the upper level schools might talk players into signing with certain programs for experience and development, knowing that they will be able to transfer over after a year or 2. Schools like ours will become almost like JuCos for the uppers at that point.

I do not like this, I do not like this at all.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-04-2021, 09:37 AM
Rumors are that he wants out. And Dortch is trending to State. I never get hopes up on these things until they?re done deals.

What is the source of your rumor??

Cooterpoot
11-04-2021, 09:55 AM
It is already speculated that it will create a farm system for the better programs. OM better enjoy Corral because in the future, players like that won?t be with MSU or OM once they?ve shown their worth if there?s much time left in college. That?s why they don?t have to worry about Arch. He might go to OM, get playing time that he wouldn?t as a freshman at a bigger school then transfer to a Bama or UGA and the new NIL makes that much more likely.

It's not going to work like that.

Cooterpoot
11-04-2021, 09:56 AM
MJ isn't going to be transferring to State. You can forget that. It's not going to happen.

Maverick91
11-04-2021, 09:59 AM
MJ isn't going to be transferring to State. You can forget that. It's not going to happen.

Is that a mutual thing or one sided?

Cooterpoot
11-04-2021, 11:35 AM
Is that a mutual thing or one sided?

No idea if he wants to transfer to State, but we aren't interested. I'm not convinced he wants to leave OM anyway. He's fully invested there. Just signed on with Blanton too. His drama needs to stay in Oxford.

Dak Holliday
11-04-2021, 11:40 AM
It's not going to work like that.

So says you, but it very well could work exactly that way.

Maverick91
11-04-2021, 11:58 AM
No idea if he wants to transfer to State, but we aren't interested. I'm not convinced he wants to leave OM anyway. He's fully invested there. Just signed on with Blanton too. His drama needs to stay in Oxford.

Agreed!

KOdawg1
11-04-2021, 12:26 PM
MJ can kick rocks.

It's one thing to flip to OM, but to orchestrate it the way they did? Nah, stay at OM or transfer somewhere else. I don't care. The fact he can't get on the field with OM's defense the way it is pretty telling too.

Todd4State
11-04-2021, 12:37 PM
What's the point of the portal if we act like we don't want players that we wanted before because of recruiting drama?

Dak Holliday
11-04-2021, 12:43 PM
What's the point of the portal if we act like we don't want players that we wanted before because of recruiting drama?

Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼