PDA

View Full Version : Why is our fanbase not showing up?

confucius say
10-28-2021, 08:29 AM
Still nowhere close to a sellout this week.
Huge game. KY playing for a NY6 bid. We are playing to secure a bowl. Cheap tickets.

KY, OM, Ark have all sold out this year.
Why are we refusing to show up?

BulldogDX55
10-28-2021, 08:58 AM
1. Covid
2. We don't live in a major population center, so the time commitment is significantly higher than say a resident of Baton Rouge or Lexington.
3. Some folks are still mad about Leach being hired
4. TV broadcasts look great
5. We've improved, but we aren't hyped. If the A&M win came AFTER they beat bama, things would be different. Same with NCSt. We didn't get press worthy of those wins because we didn't know how good they were when they happened. This is the reason why Arky and OM have had sellouts and we haven't.
6. Economy is weird and going to a game is a sizable investment for a lot of people - this is both a reference to inflation and rising economic inequality

Take your pick.

TrapGame
10-28-2021, 09:07 AM
Sitting in front of 65" flat screen >>> Stinky cups and hard pretzels.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2021, 09:12 AM
1. Covid
2. We don't live in a major population center, so the time commitment is significantly higher than say a resident of Baton Rouge or Lexington.
5. We've improved, but we aren't hyped. If the A&M win came AFTER they beat bama, things would be different. Same with NCSt. We didn't get press worthy of those wins because we didn't know how good they were when they happened. This is the reason why Arky and OM have had sellouts and we haven't.
6. Economy is weird and going to a game is a sizable investment for a lot of people - this is both a reference to inflation and rising economic inequality

Take your pick.

All of this.

I think people just weren't excited about the season & that led to poor season ticket sales, which leads to poor attendance.

We need to create some excitement down the stretch to help season ticket sales next year, which will lead to larger crowds.

As for Ark, OM, & KY, you're talking about 3 teams that have different circumstances than us.

Ark fans are starved for winning & got a little winning. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to sell out now that they're falling back to Earth.

OM wasn't selling out until they had a great season going & a huge home game. The Alabama game for us would've sold out if we were 5-0 at the time.

KY is having a great season & is in a fairly large city. Low investment for fans

Hot Rock
10-28-2021, 09:13 AM
Our fan base does not care about football. There is a reason State has sucked for the majority of the time. There just aren’t enough of us that care.

Then there the ones that only support the team part time

confucius say
10-28-2021, 09:13 AM
1. Covid

Take your pick.

1. So we worry more about covid than ark, OM, and Ky? Not buying.
2. This hasn't stopped us from selling games out in years past.
3. Viable answer.
4. It looks great for ark, OM, and ky fans too.
5. Viable answer. But doesn't say much for our football iq.
6. Doesn't stop om, ark, and ky. Maybe we are just poorer though.

WinningIsRelentless
10-28-2021, 09:17 AM
Hate the style of play we are playing now.

SilentSteel16
10-28-2021, 09:19 AM
Well to be fair, MS is the Covid hotspot for the past several months. Ole Miss people don’t care about Covid, remember they are invincible. Plus this IS THEIR ONLY CHANCE AT A RELEVANT SEASON. Certainly not basketball and I think they know not baseball either.

Offshore Dawg
10-28-2021, 09:23 AM
Look at MSU history.
1. First, if the team is not wining nobody cares enough to come = very fair weather fans.
2. Bunch of rednecks that would rather hunt than attend a game in person.
3. Easier to watch and drink at home, this is my excuse plus I am 71 and don't care for the extra aggravation.
4. State has always been a cheap fan base, people have other things that they need to do with their limited income than give to the school.
5. Last but not least most people expect somebody else to step up. Ex. all the Democrats on this board wanting to spend somebody else's money.

msstate7
10-28-2021, 09:26 AM
Just looking around a few games on stubhub, and here's a few cheapest ticket prices...

OM at auburn - $55
Florida - Georgia - $85
Us - $14
Saints hosting tom brady - $58

These all seem really low for the level of game. People just aren't attending like they did pre-covid

starkvegasdawg
10-28-2021, 09:36 AM
Well to be fair, MS is the Covid hotspot for the past several months. Ole Miss people don’t care about Covid, remember they are invincible. Plus this IS THEIR ONLY CHANCE AT A RELEVANT SEASON. Certainly not basketball and I think they know not baseball either.

Our numbers have been dropping like a rock for the last several weeks.

Coach34
10-28-2021, 09:40 AM

This is me. It's hard enough to watch on TV

SilentSteel16
10-28-2021, 09:42 AM
Our numbers have been dropping like a rock for the last several weeks.

Yes along with numbers every else but remember at beginning of the season MS was the hotspot of the world according to CDC.

Apoplectic
10-28-2021, 09:49 AM
Why I?m not going::

-Three hr drive one way
-It?s Kentucky
-Hotels expensive
-shitty bleacher seats
-Competition for my discretionary money in more appealing

chef dixon
10-28-2021, 09:57 AM
I'm personally not as into it as I was pre-covid. Just different life things in general happening. I don't think our fanbase is big enough to compensate for a lot of the reasons stated here, where as others can. Ole Miss is having a good season and a lot of their fans make Ole Miss their entire identity, so no way they are not going all in right now. I mean a lot of these guys will wear an Ole Miss polo every day of the week including to church.

confucius say
10-28-2021, 10:04 AM

We sold out under Joe when we would have less than 250 yards of offense.

Coach34
10-28-2021, 10:12 AM
We sold out under Joe when we would have less than 250 yards of offense.

Still had some Mullen-effect and optimism left. Optimism level is much lower now than it was for 2018

HoopsDawg
10-28-2021, 10:45 AM

Same for me. Very hard to watch.

Extendedcab
10-28-2021, 10:52 AM
I agree with all of the above.

In addition, just win and the crowds will return. I think this is true with most all programs regardless of the sport.

TrapGame
10-28-2021, 10:54 AM
Hard to watch???

Croom teams were hard to watch.

RezDog7
10-28-2021, 10:59 AM

Does your amazing offense put up 400 yards a game or nah?

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-28-2021, 11:01 AM
We go to the games because I?m trying to start a tradition with my kids the way my parents and grandparents did with me. I have some great memories. They love going?s this point. The more I think about, it may be cruel punishment to get them hooked on Mississippi State football!

RezDog7
10-28-2021, 11:02 AM
Same for me. Very hard to watch.

Yeah, because running the QB up the middle on 3rd and 7 was super exciting.

SilentSteel16
10-28-2021, 11:11 AM
We go to the games because I?m trying to start a tradition with my kids the way my parents and grandparents did with me. I have some great memories. They love going?s this point. The more I think about, it may be cruel punishment to get them hooked on Mississippi State football!

Probably the best post out of all the threads. Unfortunately probably is cruel and unusual. Haha. And well done on the family traditions !!

Irondawg
10-28-2021, 11:15 AM
One big thing this particular weekend is you are fighting most neighborhoods doing trick or treat Saturday night.

Coach34
10-28-2021, 11:19 AM
Does your amazing offense put up 400 yards a game or nah?

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/natchez-bulldogs-(natchez,ms)/football-fall-20/stats.htm

We averaged 348.5 in 4 HS Quarters- which are 12 mins long.

College quarters are 15 mins- so basically an extra quarter in HS. So at 87 yards per quarter- in a college game we would have averaged 435 per. Keep flinging your poop monkey.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2021, 11:25 AM
This offense has to start finding some big plays for people to get excited.

Not sure that'll happen until we get more dynamic at QB

SilentSteel16
10-28-2021, 11:26 AM
https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/natchez-bulldogs-(natchez,ms)/football-fall-20/stats.htm

College quarters are 15 mins- so basically an extra quarter in HS. So at 87 yards per quarter- in a college game we would have averaged 435 per. Keep flinging your poop monkey.

What he said was completely uncalled for and idiotic. I mean is he seriously trying to compare a HS offense and HS defenses to an SEC offense and defense?

Sometime C34 as you well know you have to just look away. And good on ya with having that kind of success in a HS football game.

Let the trolls play with their own highlighted hair.

msstate7
10-28-2021, 11:27 AM
Hard to watch???

Yeah, we were really filling the stadium then**

drummerdawg
10-28-2021, 11:29 AM
Our fans don't love football, or the program, like other SEC fanbases do. We like it just enough to get by, but we haven't gone all in as a fanbase.

TrapGame
10-28-2021, 11:37 AM
Yeah, we were really filling the stadium then**

IIRC, that Florida game that got Ron Zook Croomed had around 24K. Really pathetic. We will have 50K+ Saturday night with COVID and a "hard to watch" offense.

RougeDawg
10-28-2021, 11:47 AM
Yes along with numbers every else but remember at beginning of the season MS was the hotspot of the world according to CDC.

Hmm. Let me think. It?s warm in the summer. People spend more time indoors. Air conditioning circulates things in the air, such as an aerosolized virus. More infections.

Weather gets cooler up north. People spend more time inside. Central furnace circulates air and aerosolized virus. Infections move to that part of country. As they have for 2 consecutive years.

Seems to me a virus gonna virus no matter what precautions are taken. And the infection patterns clearly show seasonality and people being indoors, increases infection rates.

The data from the last two years also suggest and confirm the previous 80-100 years of viral studies. Lockdowns do not work, and most likely contribute to the spread. Makes perfect scientific sense when observing objectively.

There will be another wave in the south when it gets really cold. And then again next summer when it gets hot. Not very complicated stuff here.

RocketDawg
10-28-2021, 11:49 AM
1. Covid

Take your pick.

Does that really matter in most cases? Meaning, do the locals in places like Baton Rouge and Lexington, who have no connection to the universities there, really turn out for games? I doubt it. And I suspect most of the graduates leave the town and state for jobs elsewhere, so it's just as hard for the alumni to go to home games in those towns as anywhere else, perhaps other than really small places like Starkville and Oxford. There's no doubt that it's a pain for State and Ole Miss fans to get to a game since, in general, they are really widely dispersed.

confucius say
10-28-2021, 11:53 AM
IIRC, that Florida game that got Ron Zook Croomed had around 24K. Really pathetic. We will have 50K+ Saturday night with COVID and a "hard to watch" offense.

That team was garbage and nowhere close to playing for a bowl game like this one.
The comparison should be the 2007 season. I bet we were drawing more than 80% capacity then for sec games.

The bottom line is our fanbase is not committed like OM, ark, and KY at this juncture.

RocketDawg
10-28-2021, 11:54 AM

You may be right, and maybe I'm misremembering, but I remember that day as a beautiful sunny day, with temps in the middle 50s, no wind, and a packed stadium (which was before the east side club, suites, and upper deck were added, so total capacity was around 45K or so).

RezDog7
10-28-2021, 12:02 PM

Two 3-0 wins. Strong offensive output there buddy. Talk about hard to watch.

Gutter Cobreh
10-28-2021, 12:05 PM

-Three hr drive one way
-It?s Kentucky
-Hotels expensive
-shitty bleacher seats

Expensive? Try not available!!!

Where would all the pundits suggest lodging for games??? Columbus always has some sketchy hotels that are open, but who wants to fork over all the money it takes to attend a game - only to have to drive to another city to stay at a rat hole???

RezDog7

You spend too much time watching CNN.

PGHBulldogBG
The reality of the situation is that Ark, OM and UK have coaches that have been exceeding yearly expectations. Leach has not done that and just barely met them. I think if we end up 7-5 this year with an egg bowl win it will excite the crowd more and help for sales next year. Leach has also gone 0-3 against these coaches. I?m not saying Leachs system won?t work and that we won?t surpass them, but where we are right now there isn?t the same excitement based on the results as the other 3 mentioned

confucius say
10-28-2021, 12:11 PM
Pittman has the same record as leach and more talent, if you believe in recruiting rankings.

We are just not a fanbase on fire for football.

RezDog7
10-28-2021, 12:15 PM
Pittman has the same record as leach and more talent, if you believe in recruiting rankings.

We are just not a fanbase on fire for football.

More difficult when you have so called fans constantly berating an offensive system but their offense can only put up 3 points in two games.

R2Dawg
10-28-2021, 12:20 PM
1. Covid

Take your pick.

It is real simple. Product on the field. The extreme is this. If this was 2014 good, sell out city. If it is 2008 Croom's last dance, empty seats. Covid irrelevant now. Yes cost is a secondary factor but there are cheap seats available that most would afford for a big game if the product was proven or better.

R2Dawg
10-28-2021, 12:23 PM

Yep one of reasons I took my family as my kids grew up. But I also go as an alumni because I love to visit campus. More about that than the game. Even in our worst years I still go to some games, but not all.

confucius say
10-28-2021, 12:24 PM
It is real simple. Product on the field. The extreme is this. If this was 2014 good, sell out city. If it is 2008 Croom's last dance, empty seats. Covid irrelevant now. Yes cost is a secondary factor but there are cheap seats available that most would afford for a big game if the product was proven or better.

I can buy this.

But not sure. Our last 3 games we've gotten drilled by Bama, beat a top 15 team on the road, and drilled a bad Vandy team. If we can't get excited about that, I'm not sure it's just the product on the field.

FriarsPoint
10-28-2021, 12:26 PM
This is the answer. Always has been.

R2Dawg
10-28-2021, 12:30 PM
Our fans don't love football, or the program, like other SEC fanbases do. We like it just enough to get by, but we haven't gone all in as a fanbase.

We do when we win just like every other fanbase.

confucius say
10-28-2021, 12:36 PM
This is the answer. Always has been.

Not really. We were 5-7 in 2009 and 6-6 in 2011 and were selling out multiple times a year.

R2Dawg
10-28-2021, 12:46 PM
That team was garbage and nowhere close to playing for a bowl game like this one.
The comparison should be the 2007 season. I bet we were drawing more than 80% capacity then for sec games.

The bottom line is our fanbase is not committed like OM, ark, and KY at this juncture.

Big difference comparing 07. We were winning although not pretty. Fans were hungry for a bowl of any kind, it had been 7 years.

The UF upset win that year had Norwood. Team played hard but it was worth price of admission to see Norwood run. I was there for that Zook defeat. Norwood was worth the ticket. I remember the Houston game where Norwood ran for like 240 but for 2-3 shoestring tackles that day, Norwood would have easily went for 400+ and set single game NCAA marks.

R2Dawg
10-28-2021, 12:49 PM
You may be right, and maybe I'm misremembering, but I remember that day as a beautiful sunny day, with temps in the middle 50s, no wind, and a packed stadium (which was before the east side club, suites, and upper deck were added, so total capacity was around 45K or so).

I'm pretty sure Jackie built the upper deck on east side or started it. I was sitting in upper deck that day against UF when Croom/Norwood beat Zook and road elevator down with some UF folks. Stadium had more than 24K, probably around 40K.

TrapGame
10-28-2021, 12:49 PM

I watched it on TV. There wasn't 45K. Not even close. SPS just got launched and that was one of the threads going that night. A pathetic turnout to play Florida at home.

My point for my original post is we have actually grown as a fan base the last 15 years. Thanks to Mullen and Byrne. People do expect more and that's why some are unhappy with Leach. But, everything is circular. Once Leach hits his groove and start winning more games those wayward fans will find themselves back in the stadium.

R2Dawg
10-28-2021, 12:51 PM
Not really. We were 5-7 in 2009 and 6-6 in 2011 and were selling out multiple times a year.

Yes it is. Ain't got to do with record. If you watched the 5-7 team in 09, you'd know we were building something. We ain't built nothing yet and is why people are not showing up. The product on the field was getting better every game in those years.

FriarsPoint
10-28-2021, 12:52 PM

Product on the field. 2009 was coming off the Croom era. We were where Arkansas is now. 2011 was coming off a New Years bowl game. The product was proven at that point.

BrunswickDawg
10-28-2021, 12:52 PM
I can buy this.

But not sure. Our last 3 games we've gotten drilled by Bama, beat a top 15 team on the road, and drilled a bad Vandy team. If we can't get excited about that, I'm not sure it's just the product on the field.

Kind of like people won't show for men's basketball - we've been winning for 4 years now but it's not the way they like to win, or not enough winning, so they find every excuse to complain and compare to Stans or Mullen and how this "isn't the same" because because because.

confucius say
10-28-2021, 12:56 PM
Yes it is. Ain't got to do with record. If you watched the 5-7 team in 09, you'd know we were building something. We ain't built nothing yet and is why people are not showing up. The product on the field was getting better every game in those years.

We had not built anything on 09 either amd people showed up. Like you said, we were building, nothing was built. Just like now. You don't think the product on the field is better this year than last year? We just beat a top 15 team on the road and beat a bad Vandy team badly.

Will be a lot easier to build something with fan support. That's the number 1 thing Dan taught us. Fans show up first, then the winning comes.

confucius say
10-28-2021, 12:58 PM
Big difference comparing 07. We were winning although not pretty. Fans were hungry for a bowl of any kind, it had been 7 years.

The UF upset win that year had Norwood. Team played hard but it was worth price of admission to see Norwood run. I was there for that Zook defeat. Norwood was worth the ticket. I remember the Houston game where Norwood ran for like 240 but for 2-3 shoestring tackles that day, Norwood would have easily went for 400+ and set single game NCAA marks.

First paragraph is telling.

We are winning now, although some will argue not pretty. You're exactly right though, we just aren't hungry as a fanbase. That's the primary issue.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-28-2021, 01:00 PM

You are right. Our fanbase is full of bandwagon fans. They only like the team when they are good. If we had our best team ever it would be sellouts every game???? No Way!?!?!?

The fact is we have an entitled fanbase that wants instant results without contributing to what makes great programs such as fan support and financial backing.

SilentSteel16
10-28-2021, 01:00 PM

Your own link there acknowledges what he said he averaged per game which was 348. And clearly was a defensive game which was won 3-0. Only other problem was you can?t count because it was 3 game he won 3-0. Maybe we should look into the defenses those games? You are making yourself look silly and petty.

We as fans can say what we want, but when you start personally going at someone especially when your own link proves the other persons point, makes you look like an Ole Miss alum.

RiverCityDawg
10-28-2021, 01:26 PM
Our fan base does not care about football. There is a reason State has sucked for the majority of the time. There just aren’t enough of us that care.

Then there the ones that only support the team part time

Yep. When you strip away all the BS, this is the answer. There are reasons why it's the case, and being a committed State fan takes more effort than say being an LSU or Alabama fan, but at the end of the day we just don't have enough fans that care.

RezDog7
10-28-2021, 01:41 PM
Your own link there acknowledges what he said he averaged per game which was 348. And clearly was a defensive game which was won 3-0. Only other problem was you can?t count because it was 3 game he won 3-0. Maybe we should look into the defenses those games? You are making yourself look silly and petty.

We as fans can say what we want, but when you start personally going at someone especially when your own link proves the other persons point, makes you look like an Ole Miss alum.

I didn't link anything. Yep, you got me, I'm an OM alum. I'll stop when when the so called offensive genius stops trashing everything msu does.

Coach34
10-28-2021, 01:42 PM

Are you a complete idiot? Those were Covid forfeits. The games weren?t even played

State82
10-28-2021, 01:50 PM
Are you a complete idiot? Those were Covid forfeits. The games weren?t even played

Uh oh. Damn, that left a mark.

Dawgology
10-28-2021, 01:50 PM
We are doing trick or treat. Kids and family comes first

SilentSteel16
10-28-2021, 02:06 PM
Well to be honest those games really were very very hard to watch. Haha

Mobile Bay
10-28-2021, 02:34 PM

-Three hr drive one way
-It?s Kentucky
-Hotels expensive
-shitty bleacher seats

That's about the same for me. I would estimate going to a game which nobody else I know personally would go with me, would run me $800-$1,000 between hotel, food, bar, and ticket price. Plus outside the game itself, there isn't much of anything to do. Drive around town for an hour or so, and that's about it.

Percho
10-28-2021, 02:50 PM
For myself, once I turned 75 it became harder and harder to make the two and one half hour trip. Esp coming home.

I believe we are building something.
I like to watch our offense since we have began to play better. More worried about the defense, than the offense.

Also Covid and the political atmosphere since Covid has taken its toll. Take going out to eat for example, just not as enjoyable as it was before.

Normal?

RezDog7
10-28-2021, 03:00 PM

My apologies, didn't click each game to see stats. But now that have, woof. Lots of L's and inconsistencies in that offense. I'd love to meet you in person one day so you can call me an idiot to my face.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2021, 03:08 PM
The main reason I don't want to go is the offense. I do not like to watch the air raid, even when it's working. I've hated that offense ever since it was first developed. It's everything I don't like in offensive football. Just personal tastes. I still wear my MSU gear, I'm happy when we win, I hope Leach builds something here, I still watch on TV, but I'm not going to take the time, energy, or the money to go. I live close enough its real easy for me to go too. I might make the TSU game if I go to one at all. That one will be the least hassle and won't blow the whole day.

Coach34
10-28-2021, 03:20 PM
My apologies, didn't click each game to see stats. But now that have, woof. Lots of L's and inconsistencies in that offense. I'd love to meet you in person one day so you can call me an idiot to my face.

Nothing inconsistent about it. The 1st game we scored 20 was in the 1st half only. Game was called at half after our 3rd lightning delay. Wesson was cramping right before half and playing people both ways. We werent and were fresh. We would have scored at will in the 2nd half.

We got held to 12 by the 5A state champs. They were better than us. Kids played hard but we were young and they confused us upfront. I certainly could have had our OL better prepared against the slanting they did to confuse us. Good team put it on us.

Rest of our games we scored 30-plus.

Bothrops
10-28-2021, 03:38 PM
When reading some of these excuses, I get the feeling that a lot of these "fans" won't be back much at DWS for the rest of their days.

bulldawg28
10-28-2021, 03:39 PM

This is it all day. It's boring football. A&M was our most complete game and that team has only showed up once this year. If this team starts to compete the fans will be there. Leach and his team is the most consistent inconsistent team in the last 15 years.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-28-2021, 03:56 PM
Cohen.

WinningIsRelentless
10-28-2021, 04:09 PM
Cohen.
Let me guess you want Strickland back when he gets canned at FL in the next 12 months?

confucius say
10-28-2021, 05:04 PM
This is it all day. It's boring football. A&M was our most complete game and that team has only showed up once this year. If this team starts to compete the fans will be there. Leach and his team is the most consistent inconsistent team in the last 15 years.

What do you mean by compete?

SPMT
10-28-2021, 05:48 PM
It?s boring as ****

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-28-2021, 06:56 PM
At least we don't have to worry about high gas prices as a reason people are reducing travel.

Rawdawg
10-28-2021, 07:00 PM
We?re boring our fans to death. No explosive plays and not scoring 40 a game in a shootout going up and down the field to give some entertainment.

IMissJack
10-28-2021, 07:03 PM

I was about to post this. Will be at the game, but don?t think a lot of people like the brand of football we are playing. Passing every play just doesn?t seem like real football to many people. Secondly, this team is its own worst enemy when it comes to building excitement?win, lose to Memphis, win lose to a bad LSU, ?the balloon keeps developing a leak.

ETA I think the hotel situation is putting the brakes on some coming. Just too expensive.

bulldawg28
10-28-2021, 09:14 PM
What do you mean by compete?

We've played 1 full game A&M imo. If we compete like that weekly we only have one blemish with Bama and maybe win that game.

TALL DAWG
10-28-2021, 09:31 PM
We've played 1 full game A&M imo. If we compete like that weekly we only have one blemish with Bama and maybe win that game.

We could be rather easily be sitting
here 6-1 and ranked in top 20.
If there were the case, would we be having this discussion about attendance?
I think not.

LC Dawg
10-28-2021, 09:39 PM
I've always loved going to games but opted out of tickets last year and realized I didn't miss it that much. Its a pretty big hassle to go to games and I have somewhere free to stay. I'd just as soon go to Starkville on a non game weekend and hang out because there's so much more to do than when I was in school.
I renewed my tickets this year and have enjoyed seeing old friends but the games haven't been great.
It doesn't help that our two best wins of the Leach era were on the road. The Memphis loss also put a damper on the season. Even if we win Saturday it won't affect attendance unless we beat Arkansas and/or Auburn and we may can sell out the Egg Bowl if people think we have a chance to beat Ole Miss.
If we somehow can win 7 games including the Egg Bowl I think people will be more excited for next season. Even winning 6 with the Egg Bowl may but 6 wins without the Egg or less than 6 wins will lead to about the same apathy as this season.

Lord McBuckethead
10-28-2021, 09:45 PM
Because the last two coaches cannot string together two good games in a row.

Lord McBuckethead
10-28-2021, 09:53 PM
Hard to watch???

Crook teams didn?t sell out either.

Lord McBuckethead
10-28-2021, 09:58 PM
This offense has to start finding some big plays for people to get excited.

Not sure that'll happen until we get more dynamic at QB

If we had a QB that could scan a couple receivers and then take off and put the defense in a huge bind, the air raid would be bad ass.

SailingDawg
10-28-2021, 10:00 PM
Look at MSU history..
5. Last but not least most people expect somebody else to step up. Ex. all the Democrats on this board wanting to spend somebody else's money.

How much have you hoarded away? Is it enough? Did your kids go to private school? Have you ever helped anyone in your life? Do you have offshore tax shelters? How many homes do you have? Why is it so difficult for you to understand that people earning $8 an hour can?t even buy them a place to live? Why does anyone deserve less than you? Yeah I know you worked hard. People work hard no matter what. Can your feeble mind comprehend showing someone their worth by paying them enough to have a home, food, ability to pay bills, buy their kids school clothes! How much money did dad leave you? Have you ever suffered?

So tired of this arrogant white people bullshit. **** you.

BiscuitEater
10-28-2021, 10:02 PM
Our fan base does not care about football. There is a reason State has sucked for the majority of the time. There just aren?t enough of us that care.

BS .. meanwhile, real fans have been there through Tech and 10! Each and every year .. me back to Charlie Shira!

Dak Holliday
10-29-2021, 02:03 AM
If we had a QB that could scan a couple receivers and then take off and put the defense in a huge bind, the air raid would be bad ass.

And at that point, it?d no longer be the true AirRaid, which is what Leach wants. There are tons of dual threat QBs on the west coast. There?s a reason Will?s only other P5 offer was at way across the country at WSU. That?s what Leach wants. He inherited the QB he was recruiting. This is the AirRaid- exactly what you see every Saturday.

Dak Holliday
10-29-2021, 02:15 AM
BS .. meanwhile, real fans have been there through Tech and 10! Each and every year .. me back to Charlie Shira!

He?s not wrong. We have been conditioned by this administration to embrace being a baseball school. That we can?t compete in other arenas and thus should focus on baseball. Why be a nobody at the MGM Grand when we can rule the Golden Nugget? Know your role. We have watched complacently as Cohen destroyed WBB and ran off Vic so that there was no competition for money being spent on secondary sports outside of baseball. You can act like Hot Rock?s not a real fan for saying it, but if you are a real fan, you?ll have a hard time disputing it.

bulldawg28
10-29-2021, 05:56 AM
We could be rather easily be sitting
here 6-1 and ranked in top 20.
If there were the case, would we be having this discussion about attendance?
I think not.

If the team competed we would be 6-1, that's the problem.

Rawdawg
10-29-2021, 08:28 AM
If the team competed we would be 6-1, that's the problem.

No, if Brandon Ruiz were healthy we?d be 6-1

Lord McBuckethead
10-29-2021, 09:15 AM
It would be the air raid with a QB with a "pull down the icons" mentality when the defense is all 12 yards off the ball. Force them up and we torch them with crossers. Can't follow your man if the QB is going to gain 6 up the middle every single time you do.

dawgman15
10-29-2021, 09:24 AM
How much have you hoarded away? Is it enough? Did your kids go to private school? Have you ever helped anyone in your life? Do you have offshore tax shelters? How many homes do you have? Why is it so difficult for you to understand that people earning $8 an hour can?t even buy them a place to live? Why does anyone deserve less than you? Yeah I know you worked hard. People work hard no matter what. Can your feeble mind comprehend showing someone their worth by paying them enough to have a home, food, ability to pay bills, buy their kids school clothes! How much money did dad leave you? Have you ever suffered?

Nah bro **** you. It sucks if you only 8 dollars an hour. I worked my ass off so I didn't have to live like that and you expect me to take the money I actually worked for and give it to someone else? How about they go and make themselves worth more. To bring up someones skin color is just dumb. I'm tired of the woah me mentality. Get off your ass and earn it and quit expecting a handout. I wasn't given any handouts to get where I am.

Dak Holliday
10-29-2021, 09:43 AM
It would be the air raid with a QB with a "pull down the icons" mentality when the defense is all 12 yards off the ball. Force them up and we torch them with crossers. Can't follow your man if the QB is going to gain 6 up the middle every single time you do.

Yes, but Leach doesn?t want that and actively avoids recruiting a QB with that mindset. If WE could tweak it, it looks simple, but Leach has no nor has he ever had interest in that type of QB. You?re probably just gonna have to let that go, or you?re gonna be in for a bad time.

MadDawg
10-29-2021, 09:46 AM

So racism is ok on this board now? 17ing unbelievable.

Coach34
10-29-2021, 09:50 AM
As a teacher- I deal with way too many kids everyday that do nothing to attempt to make themselves more employable in the future.

Dak Holliday
10-29-2021, 09:55 AM
And it is going to get worse. We often think we are making progress without realizing that the road to ruin is oft paved with good intention.

msudawg1200
10-29-2021, 10:20 AM
As a teacher- I deal with way too many kids everyday that do nothing to attempt to make themselves more employable in the future.

Amen to that

SailingDawg
10-29-2021, 10:38 AM

Because for generations they?ve been told they?re not worth a shit. They hear how their parents and grandparents have been treated. It?s not the welfare state. Most kid?s parents I met work two jobs. What if that parent were paid enough to maintain her household so she could be home when the gets get off the bus? What if she was told she was valuable no matter her employment position? I know this is far fetched for y?all. And don?t worry, no one here makes enough for any upcoming tax plan (for our horrible infrastructure) to affect your income.

confucius say
10-29-2021, 10:49 AM
Crook teams didn?t sell out either.

Yea they did. In 2007. The only year we were decent.

confucius say
10-29-2021, 10:56 AM
Because for generations they?ve been told they?re not worth a shit. They hear how their parents and grandparents have been treated. It?s not the welfare state. Most kid?s parents I met work two jobs. What if that parent were paid enough to maintain her household so she could be home when the gets get off the bus? What if she was told she was valuable no matter her employment position? I know this is far fetched for y?all. And don?t worry, no one here makes enough for any upcoming tax plan (for our horrible infrastructure) to affect your income.

I made $8.50 an hour at two different jobs. Took out student loans to go to school bc I was non scholarship. Anybody can get those (though I wouldn't advise it for everyone). Got a degree and now make a living. Anybody can do that.

But school is not for everyone. Go learn a trade. Small loans for vocational training are available and can achieve that. Plumbers are making bank now. Electricians doing well too. Painters. Brick masons.

It's all about initiative. We just have to do a better job of impressing this upon youth. You can be successful if you work. We've gotten away from that.

Extendedcab
10-29-2021, 11:05 AM
So racism is ok on this board now? 17ing unbelievable.

Who said anything about racism? We all go to the same public schools (except the rich folks who go to private schools), and somehow we commmonors managed to get a college education in order to compete/live in a technically advanced world. So what separate the haves and the have nots for most people? It goes back to the family unit, the parents. My parents threaten me within an inch of my life TELLING me that I would get a college education so I would have it somewhat better than my parents. They did not want me to be exactly like them economically. They stayed on my ass to make sure I studied, made good grades and made damn sure I stayed away fro bad influences/gangs.

And no it is not a poor vs middle class either as I grew up POOR - lived in a tar paper shack with no running water for the first 5 years of my life, then in a company owned concrete house. If I can make it our of poverty so can anyone else, except for the mentally challenged and that is another story.

It goes back to the family unit and the parents!!! I thank GOD for my parents and the positive impact they had on my life!

I do not buy the racism garbage nor that they are poor excuse. It is only an excuse to NOT be all you can be! Hold you own self accountable for your actions and the choices you make in life. Do not expect others to come to the rescue because you were to dumb or stupid or lazy to do what is required in today's world to make a decent living.

SilentSteel16
10-29-2021, 11:34 AM
Who said anything about racism? We all go to the same public schools (except the rich folks who go to private schools), and somehow we commmonors managed to get a college education in order to compete/live in a technically advanced world. So what separate the haves and the have nots for most people? It goes back to the family unit, the parents. My parents threaten me within an inch of my life TELLING me that I would get a college education so I would have it somewhat better than my parents. They did not want me to be exactly like them economically. They stayed on my ass to make sure I studied, made good grades and made damn sure I stayed away fro bad influences/gangs.

And no it is not a poor vs middle class either as I grew up POOR - lived in a tar paper shack with no running water for the first 5 years of my life, then in a company owned concrete house. If I can make it our of poverty so can anyone else, except for the mentally challenged and that is another story.

It goes back to the family unit and the parents!!! I thank GOD for my parents and the positive impact they had on my life!

I do not buy the racism garbage nor that they are poor excuse. It is only an excuse to NOT be all you can be! Hold you own self accountable for your actions and the choices you make in life. Do not expect others to come to the rescue because you were to dumb or stupid or lazy to do what is required in today's world to make a decent living.

Nailed it !! And good for you and your parents. That is the definition of good parenting. Congrats to them and you !

Leeshouldveflanked
10-29-2021, 02:20 PM

It was Democrats who destroyed the Black Middle Class in the late 50s and 60s.

SailingDawg
10-29-2021, 03:28 PM
It was Democrats who destroyed the Black Middle Class in the late 50s and 60s.

Blanket statement you read somewhere, so it applies, right? Go back and study a little more.

TALL DAWG
10-29-2021, 09:47 PM
Blanket statement you read somewhere, so it applies, right? Go back and study a little more.

Sailing Dawg, I would like to hear your thoughts on the history of this issue.
Let?s all compare our history notes.

SilentSteel16
10-29-2021, 09:48 PM
Read up on LBJ. If you don’t know who that is, don’t mention the history word ….

Bdawg
10-30-2021, 11:04 AM

Amen to that. There are numerous able bodied individuals in my area who are unemployable because they choose not to better themselves or make themselves worthy of employment(because when given a chance they either can't catch on or too lazy to show up consistently).

Coach34
10-30-2021, 11:29 AM
Read up on LBJ. If you don’t know who that is, don’t mention the history word ….

This all day

1960? 75% of black families were 2 parent households
Today? About 25%

We can argue as to reasons why- but LBJ is the leading cause.

Bdawg
10-30-2021, 11:36 AM

Preach brother!! Have some rep! Anybody with a work ethic and a good head on their shoulders can make something g of themselves!! But the racist reference was for a previous post that said he was tired "arrogant white people bull****). I would call that a racist statement too.

Edit: Sorry I have to spread the rep, but you deserve some.

was21
10-30-2021, 11:55 AM
dele'

Leeshouldveflanked
10-30-2021, 12:14 PM
Read up on LBJ. If you don?t know who that is, don?t mention the history word ?.

If you give them a little money, they will vote Democrat for 200 years