PDA

View Full Version : M over S thread made me think

Maverick91
10-27-2021, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know as to why when we hired Croom that we changed to Russell athletics? Like were we not able to pay Nike anymore to use them, were we just that far into the dumpster? Did Croom have some contract with them that we had to look cheap as heck when he was hired on?

yjnkdawg
10-27-2021, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know as to why when we hired Croom that we changed to Russell athletics? Like were we not able to pay Nike anymore to use them, were we just that far into the dumpster? Did Croom have some contract with them that we had to look cheap as heck when he was hired on?

When Jackie left, the Nike contract ran out as well. I think our administration wanted go with a new look, and the M-State logo on the helmets, and that would be Russell and not Nike.

Gutter Cobreh
10-27-2021, 04:06 PM

You must be forgetting that at the time "maroon was all that matters".... and we lived up to that motto by implementing a universally despised logo...

shrimp
10-28-2021, 09:15 AM
The only thing I could think of was Croom maybe had some kind of loyalty to Russell since he’s from Alabama and Russell was headquartered in Alabama?? Probably a stretch, but that was the only connection I could think of.

Maverick91
10-28-2021, 09:35 AM
When Jackie left, the Nike contract ran out as well. I think our administration wanted go with a new look, and the M-State logo on the helmets, and that would be Russell and not Nike.

Well, they sucked. At least our uniforms matched our win totals.

Maverick91
10-28-2021, 09:36 AM
You must be forgetting that at the time "maroon was all that matters".... and we lived up to that motto by implementing a universally despised logo...

lol

Maverick91
10-28-2021, 09:36 AM
The only thing I could think of was Croom maybe had some kind of loyalty to Russell since he’s from Alabama and Russell was headquartered in Alabama?? Probably a stretch, but that was the only connection I could think of.

I can buy this and what yjnkdawg said.