ShotgunDawg
10-26-2021, 04:11 PM
Haha. Told ya

BayouDawg
10-26-2021, 04:14 PM
I like it!

BrunswickDawg
10-26-2021, 04:18 PM
If we beat Kentucky with M over S helmets, then they should stay.

"Don't 17 with a winning streak" - Crash Davis

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2021, 04:18 PM
Not sure if a joke or not... I hope it is

https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1453100909861355520

Maverick91
10-26-2021, 04:23 PM
I do not like this at all. It looks gimmicky!

Jarius
10-26-2021, 04:31 PM
It looks amazing and should be our permanent logo for every sport because it’s by far the best logo we have.

KOdawg1
10-26-2021, 04:39 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/DkNoZY9Zxebt5xbdaE/giphy.gif

Dawgology
10-26-2021, 04:42 PM
It should always be our logo on the football helmet. It’s unique. Looks good. Etc.

gtowndawg
10-26-2021, 05:04 PM
Not a fan at all but understand if it's a one game thing since they're honoring the baseball team.

I'd still love to see "State" written in script across the helmets. I thought that concept looked great.

msstate7
10-26-2021, 06:01 PM
I wanna see it with rest of uniform to judge it. If they wear pin stripe pants though, I might puke

lastmajordog
10-26-2021, 06:29 PM
Is this the Bruce
Threadgill era helmets....WINNER if true!!!!!!!

StarkVegasSteve
10-26-2021, 06:35 PM
If it's a one time thing I'm ok with it. I don't want this to become the regular football logo. It needs to stay specific to baseball. The M over S is synonymous with baseball at MSU and it needs to stay like that.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2021, 06:39 PM
If it's a one time thing I'm ok with it. I don't want this to become the regular football logo. It needs to stay specific to baseball. The M over S is synonymous with baseball at MSU and it needs to stay like that.

I just don’t understand this perspective

StarkVegasSteve
10-26-2021, 06:49 PM
I just don?t understand this perspective

Just my opinion. If we are going to change helmet logos I would rather have the script State that we use on the throwback basketball and baseball uniforms.

Jarius
10-26-2021, 06:50 PM

Baseball is a niche sport that very few people see or care about. The best logo we have being kept sacred for a minor sport makes very little sense. Especially when the other options we have are so poor.

Tater
10-26-2021, 06:52 PM
Better than the mock-ups. Now let's see if adidas shits the bed on the jerseys and pants. Maroon Hat, Maroon Jersey, Gray Pants. Script State instead of banner Mississippi State on chest. No overly tire treaded jersey. It's simple. Dont **** it up.

Tater
10-26-2021, 06:54 PM
Baseball is a niche sport that very few people see or care about. The best logo we have being kept sacred for a minor sport makes very little sense. Especially when the other options we have are so poor.

MoverS
Flying M
MSJ

Pick any of the three and stick with them. Retire everything banner. Walking bully can be on sports clothing. Everything else has a russell athletic feel and damnit, we're in the ****ing Jordan brand conference. High time our athletic department acted and dressed like it.

R2Dawg
10-26-2021, 07:46 PM
Not sure if a joke or not... I hope it is

https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1453100909861355520

Looks pretty good. I understand the keeping it for baseball but it does look good. Reminds me of my favorite - interlocking MSU from 80s-90s.

Dawgology
10-26-2021, 07:50 PM

100% correct

Dawgology
10-26-2021, 07:53 PM
Better than the mock-ups. Now let's see if adidas shits the bed on the jerseys and pants. Maroon Hat, Maroon Jersey, Gray Pants. Script State instead of banner Mississippi State on chest. No overly tire treaded jersey. It's simple. Dont **** it up.

This. And KEEP it for every game

BiscuitEater
10-26-2021, 07:57 PM
[QUOTE=ScoobaDawg;1376153]Not sure if a joke or not... I hope it is

They are honoring the National Championship MSU Baseball team; USE the baseball logo!

SilentSteel16
10-26-2021, 08:08 PM

Niche sport? Very few people care about? were you making a joke?

If this is for honoring the baseball team I am all for it. As for a standard going for, this is a weak move riding on the coattails of a NICHE sports program. Which happens to be the best program State has currently and traditionally. Win lose records historically prove it.

Jarius
10-26-2021, 08:34 PM
Niche sport? Very few people care about? were you making a joke?

If this is for honoring the baseball team I am all for it. As for a standard going for, this is a weak move riding on the coattails of a NICHE sports program. Which happens to be the best program State has currently and traditionally. Win lose records historically prove it.

No I’m not making a joke. Are you completely oblivious to how few people in the country keep up with college baseball? It’s a niche sport for the entire country outside of about 10 schools and no one outside a very few people invest in it at the college level. More people go to Football games when we are absolutely awful than do when we win the college World Series. How do you not know this? We are one of a handful of schools that don’t lose a ton of money on baseball at the college level. That is why there are 11.7 scholarships for baseball. Very few schools care.

Coach34
10-26-2021, 08:35 PM
Our current helmet logo is so bad I'd prefer them just leaving it off.

I'd be ok with making the M over S the school logo for everything. That is us and our brand. **** the "its only baseball" BS

But the MSU logo from the Jackie Era is the best one we have ever had or will have. It's ridiculous we dont come up with a version of that on run with it. I dont buy anything with the current logo and know others that do the same

HoopsDawg
10-26-2021, 08:40 PM
Very cool for 1 weekend and 1 weekend only.

Apoplectic
10-26-2021, 08:45 PM
Helmet would look great with pinstripes

Apoplectic
10-26-2021, 08:46 PM

I'd be ok with making the M over S the school logo for everything. That is us and our brand. **** the "its only baseball" BS

But the MSU logo from the Jackie Era is the best one we have ever had or will have. It's ridiculous we dont come up with a version of that on run with it. I dont buy anything with the current logo and know others that do the same

Agree I hate the M banner helmet logo. Think I would rather have the rocket M

SilentSteel16
10-26-2021, 08:58 PM
No I’m not making a joke. Are you completely oblivious to how few people in the country keep up with college baseball? It’s a niche sport for the entire country outside of about 10 schools and no one outside a very few people invest in it at the college level. More people go to Football games when we are absolutely awful than do when we win the college World Series. How do you not know this? We are one of a handful of schools that don’t lose a ton of money on baseball at the college level. That is why there are 11.7 scholarships for baseball. Very few schools care.

You calling baseball a niche sport is a really bad take. Really bad. I would dare say that baseball is the most DIVERSE sport out there. With exception to soccer. Football, basketball, hockey, none of them can say that. Don’t be so narrow minded. Might want to get a definition of niche next time. Football is very much a regional sport. Hell, they have to put American Football on it so the rest of the world doesn’t think soccer.

Tater
10-26-2021, 09:02 PM
You calling baseball a niche sport is a really bad take. Really bad. I would dare say that baseball is the most DIVERSE sport out there. With exception to soccer. Football, basketball, hockey, none of them can say that. Don’t be so narrow minded. Might want to get a definition of niche next time. Football is very much a regional sport. Hell, they have to put American Football on it so the rest of the world doesn’t think soccer.

Baseball isn't niche but college baseball is. Otherwise it wouldn't need football to supplement its budget. This is a silly argument.

Tater
10-26-2021, 09:05 PM

25K posts and this one is definitely the most correct and least controversial one. Pearl clutching "tradition" is the only reason people can posit to stop from MoverS being everywhere. They should have went to Aggy land.

SilentSteel16
10-26-2021, 09:05 PM
It has been proven time and time again the SEC is the major contributor to our sports, yes football makes the most of individual sports but you are crazy if you think football is the reason we have additional sports at State.

Tater
10-26-2021, 09:07 PM

Pinstripes is a no go. Those ND pants looked awful when they did it. Pinstripes is a baseball pattern. Gray pants with white big stripe and outer maroon lining stripes on the sides is football. Period

Jarius
10-26-2021, 09:14 PM

Niche - a specialized segment of the market for a particular kind of product or service

College baseball is a niche sport. I can’t help that you don’t know what you are talking about. Almost no one invests in it. I love MSU baseball but our school is in the extreme minority with investment into the sport.

Jarius
10-26-2021, 09:23 PM
It has been proven time and time again the SEC is the major contributor to our sports, yes football makes the most of individual sports but you are crazy if you think football is the reason we have additional sports at State.

Football is the entire reason the sec is able to pay out so much money dude.

preachermatt83
10-26-2021, 09:35 PM
Should be our school wide logo. It’s our brand. Period

mparkerfd20
10-26-2021, 09:53 PM
We just won the whole damn thing in college baseball, but whether you guys like it or not it absolutely is a niche sport. The majority of people outside a few baseball schools with football teams that historically suck (sans FSU, Texas, and USC) couldn't care less about college baseball. IDGAF though and absolutely love it!

All that said I love the M over S and hope we adopt it for all sports.

yjnkdawg
10-26-2021, 10:05 PM

I agree 100%. IMO, you can't beat those Nike interlocking MSU helmets, and those were the good dark true Maroon colored jerseys and not some of this off color maroon stuff. Don't know why our administration bought into the thinking that MState was such a great thing for our logo, other than somebody convinced them it was a good marketing tool, unique or whatever. We are MSU, Miss. State or State, and not MState. Now I may need to change my avatar? lol. I liked it because of the "Today.Tomorrow Forever."

KOdawg1
10-26-2021, 10:06 PM
Our current logo sucks re-fried ass, so I don't really care what else we put on the helmet as long as it's something different.

MoverS looks fine. Wouldn't be opposed to it every game. Interlocking MSU looks great too. Script State would be fine. Any of these are better options than the banner M-state that looks like a high school art class designed.

yjnkdawg
10-26-2021, 10:13 PM

JMO but I think pinstripes would ruin the intent and look of the helmet. We don't have pinstripes on our Maroon MS Baseball caps.

Apoplectic
10-26-2021, 10:25 PM
JMO but I think pinstripes would ruin the intent and look of the helmet. We don't have pinstripes on our Maroon MS Baseball caps.

Sorry pinstripes were a joke on the planned baseball theme

Maroonthirteen
10-26-2021, 10:32 PM
Multiple final 4s, #1 ranking, most successful decade in men's and women's basketball and football have all occurred under the MState logo.

However .... hate away State fans. Long for some Diagonal letters. That's imaginative.**

MoverS is a quintessential baseball logo.

CadaverDawg
10-26-2021, 10:53 PM
The Banner Logo is an embarrassment. I don't care what we put on the helmet as long as it isn't that banner logo that looks like a butterfly on the side of the helmet unless it's a close up shot. We need to embrace "State" on the jerseys, and any logo other than the banner. MoverS, STATE, Flying M, diagonal MSU...hell id rather see us with a plain helmet than the banner.

bobtail bob
10-27-2021, 07:07 AM
The Banner Logo is an embarrassment. I don't care what we put on the helmet as long as it isn't that banner logo that looks like a butterfly on the side of the helmet unless it's a close up shot. We need to embrace "State" on the jerseys, and any logo other than the banner. MoverS, STATE, Flying M, diagonal MSU...hell id rather see us with a plain helmet than the banner.

This all day. It looks weak and submissive. Almost like something you see in a church.
It's michigan's "m" with state written across it. We need to get rid of it

Tater
10-27-2021, 07:27 AM
To any Banner M apologists, the A in state isn't is not centered and that's how much attention was paid when we chose this logo.

KOdawg1
10-27-2021, 07:45 AM

I've never thought about it but it sure does look like a damn butterfly. That's embarrassing.

Santiago
10-27-2021, 08:02 AM
I get the university has poured money into marketing with the Banner Mstate, but at what point do they listen to fans and it seems a majority do not like it. They could kill it on merchandise alone with using the other logos. Heck, rotate the Flying M, State, MoverS, or merge the Flying M as M over S. Anything but the Banner Mstate.
Is this a generational thing that certain age groups like Banner Mstate, and that is who the university is insulated into listening to?

SilentSteel16
10-27-2021, 08:18 AM
The best uniform we ever had football wise was the Salute to the MS Air Guard uniforms. Maybe embrace the military more often and become known as a military loving school as well as Agriculture. But like some have said the diagonal MSU helmets looked good as well.

Maroonthirteen
10-27-2021, 09:20 AM
To any Banner M apologists, the A in state isn't is not centered .

Speaking of not centered.....you stated the current living conditions of a modern day college athlete was equal to that of a serf. gezzzz.

Maroonthirteen
10-27-2021, 09:21 AM
I get the university has poured money into marketing with the Banner Mstate, but at what point do they listen to fans and it seems a majority do not like it. ?

The opinions of this message board isn't the majority.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-27-2021, 09:23 AM
Any form of the diagonal MSU is fine with me. I personally like the late 80s early 90s version as on my avatar. But I like any of them over the banner

Maverick91
10-27-2021, 09:41 AM

THIS THIS RIGHT HERE! I have been trying to figure out what it looks like and a freaking butterfly! That is perfect!

Coach34
10-27-2021, 09:45 AM
The opinions of this message board isn't the majority.

The opinions on this message board are squarely in line with a majority of our fanbase in the 40-60 age range. I dont know anybody personally that likes the banner logo. Never met anybody that calls us "M-State". We are called "State" or "MSU". Our helmet should reflect that. The interlocking MSU in my avatar plus using the script State on the helmet from time to time is where we need to be. It would be overwhelmingly popular

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-27-2021, 09:53 AM
Same. None of my large family and group of State friends like the banner. In fact, most of our apparel now consists of The Vault collection released

Maroonthirteen
10-27-2021, 10:19 AM
One big point of the MState logo is to market "State." I don't hear people call us MSU any longer. It is always State and on rare occasion Mississippi State.

With that said, I'm of the "MSU" logo generation. I like the various forms of that logo. However, to me it represents the 80s and 90s. I am of the opinion the MState logo is a good logo and represents the new era, winning in football and basketball, Final 4s and #1s.

Also, I go to games, tailgates and dinners and hang out around town. I never hear anyone complain about the MState logo. I see people wearing it everywhere and see businesses use it (when they don't have to). The complains of the MState logo is just message board fodder.

preachermatt83
10-27-2021, 10:20 AM
Again… MoverS should be our logo. On everything

Tater
10-27-2021, 10:29 AM
Speaking of not centered.....you stated the current living conditions of a modern day college athlete was equal to that of a serf. gezzzz.

Is it really necessary to inject politics into a completely irrelevant thread that has 0 to do with politics?

ScoobaDawg
10-27-2021, 10:45 AM
Is it really necessary to inject politics into a completely irrelevant thread that has 0 to do with politics?

Drop it. Just ignore the comment.

StarkVegasSteve
10-27-2021, 11:51 AM
I'm interested to see what they'll do with the field this week. I could see us going M over S on the 50 and maybe doing the national champs logo somewhere else on the field.

Maverick91
10-27-2021, 11:57 AM
The opinions on this message board are squarely in line with a majority of our fanbase in the 40-60 age range. I dont know anybody personally that likes the banner logo. Never met anybody that calls us "M-State". We are called "State" or "MSU". Our helmet should reflect that. The interlocking MSU in my avatar plus using the script State on the helmet from time to time is where we need to be. It would be overwhelmingly popular

This, this all day! State or MSU needs to be us, I hardly ever say Mississippi State, I am to lazy and sometimes find myself saying middatippy tate instead just to be funny. I always say State I think that should be our marketing call and our Banner should be a mixture of State, Bulldogs, or MSU. The only other program that we would have to beat out on this is Michigan State, and if we just upped our marketing and owned that mess, we could take it over. Nothing on the Hailstate store is sold in any of those designs, I finally broke down and bought a pullover sweatshirt with bulldogs on it, but they HAD to include the stupid banner at the bottom. I wish that it just said bulldogs, or State, or MSU. That stupid banner is stupid and looks childish.

Edit: You could even go back to the 90's and put the Miss. State on or jerseys, I don't mind that at all. A&M changed to that last year or this year, it is kinda retro, but it looks good and clean.

Edit 2: Here in Alabama EVERYONE refers to us as State or Bulldogs. Take it, own it, use it, brand it, I bet most of the SEC we are known as State or the Bulldogs, so the knowledge is there, just brand that mess already!

Apoplectic
10-27-2021, 12:17 PM
Just pulled the banner logo up for closer look. WTH - why is the A not centered? My recollection is that Richard Williams designed this logo on a napkin at dinner late one night.

Tater
10-27-2021, 12:30 PM
Just pulled the banner logo up for closer look. WTH - why is the A not centered? My recollection is that Richard Williams designed this logo on a napkin at dinner late one night.

The word State itself is centered but the S and E are different lengths so it is slightly off center.

Welcome to hating the banner M forever.

Maroonthirteen
10-27-2021, 01:35 PM
Is it really necessary to inject politics.....

Wasn't politics. It was an injection of a ridiculous take of yours. Therefore, any opinions of yours will be ignored.

Enjoy your hate of the Official Logo of Mississippi State University.

yjnkdawg
10-27-2021, 02:06 PM
Multiple final 4s, #1 ranking, most successful decade in men's and women's basketball and football have all occurred under the MState logo.

However .... hate away State fans. Long for some Diagonal letters. That's imaginative.**

MoverS is a quintessential baseball logo.

LOL The MState logo had nothing to do with any of these accomplishments. We could have accomplished the same thing with MSU, MoverS, or State as our logo. It was coaches, players, more money for better facilities,etc. and some luck along the way. I highly doubt any coach or player made the choice to come to MSU because of our current logo.

HoopsDawg
10-27-2021, 02:18 PM
Wasn't politics. It was an injection of a ridiculous take of yours. Therefore, any opinions of yours will be ignored.

Enjoy your hate of the Official Logo of Mississippi State University.

I'm fine with it being our official logo. Just don't want it on our helmet. That's the disconnect a lot of people have when the helmet decal discussion comes up.

Lord McBuckethead
10-27-2021, 03:16 PM
Yeah, it is too small.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2021, 03:57 PM
Should be our school wide logo. It?s our brand. Period

Correct and obvious.

schddog72
10-27-2021, 07:13 PM
Not a fan at all but understand if it's a one game thing since they're honoring the baseball team.

I'd still love to see "State" written in script across the helmets. I thought that concept looked great.

Noooooo!!! Not a fan at all of the script look on helmets!!