PDA

View Full Version : Question: Why do we recruit so well

Thick
11-17-2013, 06:20 PM
with defensive linemen vs offensive linemen?? I do not understand how we sign 4 and 5 stars on defense, but scratch and claw to sign 2 and 3 stars on offense. It makes no sense!

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 06:23 PM
with defensive linemen vs offensive linemen?? I do not understand how we sign 4 and 5 stars on defense, but scratch and claw to sign 2 and 3 stars on offense. It makes no sense!

It's directly correlated with type of talent the state of MS normally produces. D linemen, RBs, and LBs grow on trees in MS.

There are other minor reasons, but that's the major one.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 06:24 PM

Been wondering this for years.

When you have an offense being built around the run game with Dak Prescott....you would think we could easily recruit big time OLinemen to come and play in the SEC for a team that wants to grind the ball. But nope, we have to develop projects. Granted, we have been decent at that...but you still need a few elite OL recruits here and there to put you over the top.

maroonmania
11-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Just being blount there are a lot of OL recruits that don't want to play for Hevesy. Hevesy seems to be polarizing, there are a few recruits that really like him but there are a lot more that don't.

BogeyGolfer
11-17-2013, 06:30 PM
A better job recruiting O linemen. They are the most important positions on the field. We really need to improve in this area.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Just being blount there are a lot of OL recruits that don't want to play for Hevesy. Hevesy seems to be polarizing, there are a few recruits that really like him but there are a lot more that don't.

Blasphemy!!1!! Chuck Norris wears Hevesy pajamas!!1!1!!***