PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper has Cross going 7th overall this April

Coach34
10-26-2021, 02:28 PM
Cross has really helped his draft stock playing with the wide splits. Really helps NFL personnel evaluate him.

Coral at #20.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-26-2021, 02:35 PM
Great to see!

Gutter Cobreh
10-26-2021, 02:38 PM
Outside of Jackson, Phillips, and Jenkins - we haven't put a whole lot of OL in the league. Great for Cross if he goes this high, and selfishly - hope it helps us recruit some higher rated O-lineman.

Coach34
10-26-2021, 02:47 PM
Outside of Jackson, Phillips, and Jenkins - we haven't put a whole lot of OL in the league. Great for Cross if he goes this high, and selfishly - hope it helps us recruit some higher rated O-lineman.

No kidding. Mullen hurt himself missing there so often. When was the last time we have a WR drafted?

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2021, 04:00 PM
No kidding. Mullen hurt himself missing there so often. When was the last time we have a WR drafted?

Had a TE go to Dallas in 2016. Does that count?

Rick Danko
10-26-2021, 04:03 PM
I can?t see Corral lasting that long. And I could see Polk with another good year going in top 2 rounds

TrapGame
10-26-2021, 04:14 PM
Had a TE go to Dallas in 2016. Does that count?

Yeah, whatever happened to him?**

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-26-2021, 04:40 PM

The last WR drafted from MSU was Eric Moulds

KOdawg1
10-26-2021, 04:41 PM
Good deal.

Should help with recruiting.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-26-2021, 04:41 PM
Cross has really helped his draft stock playing with the wide splits. Really helps NFL personnel evaluate him.

Coral at #20.

Who does he have taking Corral ? Life long Steelers fan...I really don't want to have to deal with that.

Westdawg
10-26-2021, 05:03 PM
I think the past issues for Corral will cause some pause for some teams. I have a feeling that when evaluations really get deep, personal workouts, etc., teams will want to see if he was able to make read progressions to the 2nd and 3rd reads effectively. Teams aren?t going to want to waste a 1st rd pick on a QB whose only read is ?1? or run. Not saying that?s Corral today - I haven?t watched a lot of him this year, but that has been his main issue the past couple years now.

Homedawg
10-26-2021, 07:19 PM

Moulds....

Coach34
10-26-2021, 07:27 PM
Thank goodness Polk is going to change that this coming April or next

R2Dawg
10-26-2021, 07:51 PM
Moulds....

Moulds was an absolute stud WR.

Matt3467
10-26-2021, 09:58 PM
The last WR drafted from MSU was Eric Moulds

Bear Wilson had a good shot at getting drafted before he bolted early

Tbonewannabe
10-27-2021, 10:00 AM

He didn't prepare for the draft like he needed. He looked really good catching the ball in drills but you could tell that he didn't work on his 40 time. He was one of my favorites on that 2014 team, I hate it that he never made it.

HancockCountyDog
10-27-2021, 10:02 AM

I don't know - when you run a 4.85 forty time, i'm not sure another year actually helps you get faster. I hated it for him because he was one of my favorite players and I hate his life ended so early.

StarkVegasSteve
10-27-2021, 10:07 AM

Coral at #20.

Not technically correct. He has him as the 7th ranked prospect. Corral will go higher than Cross based on QB needs in the Top 5. I think the only pick set in stone is that Kayvon Thibedaux will be the number 1 pick barring something unforeseen happening. He's in the same mold as the Bosa's and Chase Young. A day 1 starter.

Coach34
10-27-2021, 10:18 AM
Not technically correct. He has him as the 7th ranked prospect. Corral will go higher than Cross based on QB needs in the Top 5. I think the only pick set in stone is that Kayvon Thibedaux will be the number 1 pick barring something unforeseen happening. He's in the same mold as the Bosa's and Chase Young. A day 1 starter.

Well, looking at the standings right now- QB wont be a priority in the Top 5.

Detroit needs D.
NY Giants have a QB
NY Jets just drafted a QB
Jacksonville just drafted a QB
Houston maybe depending on Watson
Miami has Tua but he is made of glass- so they may be tempted.

Fader21
10-27-2021, 10:21 AM
I think the dolphins trade for a qb. San Francisco will be looking to upgrade. He might fit in that system. Def fits in that city being from Cali.

TrapGame
10-27-2021, 10:29 AM
I think the dolphins trade for a qb. San Francisco will be looking to upgrade. He might fit in that system. Def fits in that city being from Cali.

If Corral goes to the Dolphins he'd still be able to hang out w/ Kiffin while he's coaching at Miami.**

Tater
10-27-2021, 10:48 AM
Lions aren't committed to Goff and could take a QB but there's none in this class worth taking top 10 imo.

Miami doesn't have their pick. Philly does. Philly likely gives Hurts one more year and stocks up on weapons due to them having 3 1sts.

Houston will most likely reach for a QB.

Jets won't take a QB.

Jaguars won't take a QB.

Eagles, see above.

Giants are sold on Jones as of now.

Seattle's pick is with the Jets so they won't take a QB.

Washington will probably reach on a QB.

San Fran's pick is in Miami, but I have a suspicion it's traded for Watson. If not I don't think they take a QB yet unless they're wow'ed.

Kenny Pickett will likely be the first QB off the board. Some team will reach on Carson Strong. Corral/Howell/Willis/Ridder will all be based on fit. If DTR declares then a team would be smart to grab him late 2nd. If he doesn't then I think he's going to be the #1 pick next year.

StarkVegasSteve
10-27-2021, 11:46 AM
Well, looking at the standings right now- QB wont be a priority in the Top 5.

Detroit needs D.
NY Giants have a QB
NY Jets just drafted a QB
Jacksonville just drafted a QB
Houston maybe depending on Watson
Miami has Tua but he is made of glass- so they may be tempted.

Detroit- Will be looking QB. Goff won't be there long term.
Giants- Aren't sold on Jones so they'll probably be looking
Jets- Who the hell knows. Wilson isn't great, but his line and receivers are beyond bad
Jax- Lawrence is there so they won't be looking QB
Houston- Will be looking unless they trade Watson for Tea
Miami- Depending on if they trade Tua and what happens with Watson off field stuff they might be looking

And remember if there's anything the draft has taught us it's that you don't have to be a great QB because teams WILL ALWAYS reach for QBs. Trubisky, Rosen, Haskins, and I could go on and on.