PDA

View Full Version : PREACH MATT PREACH - Wyatt unloads on the CL

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2021, 09:13 AM
LOVE It!!! this should of been done and said a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILfY6XktYc

redstickdawg
10-26-2021, 09:23 AM
Matt says what many of us have been saying for many years, about time. Hopefully the cl's credentials get pulled.

Gutter Cobreh
10-26-2021, 09:40 AM
Matt says what many of us have been saying for many years, about time. Hopefully the cl's credentials get pulled.

Isn't what is being done essentially pulling the credentials? If a writer can't ask a question, what is the point of said writer attending the press conference?

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2021, 09:42 AM
Great to hear

StateDawg44
10-26-2021, 09:49 AM
Isn't what is being done essentially pulling the credentials? If a writer can't ask a question, what is the point of said writer attending the press conference?

Because you can just tell him he can ask his question but he isn't getting an answer much easier than having to answer why you officially pulled credentials from the CL.

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2021, 09:50 AM

We will know when basketball starts up... does Howland do the same thing and it's school sponsored across all sports, or is it just a Leach thing?

Activated Alpha
10-26-2021, 11:11 AM
I wish it would be sports wide. Let the CL bleed out and solely rely on OM, LSU, and Bama coverage to supplement their empty coffers

Gutter Cobreh
10-26-2021, 11:39 AM
Because you can just tell him he can ask his question but he isn't getting an answer much easier than having to answer why you officially pulled credentials from the CL.

Is it easier? Does this way not bring more attention to the issue that we've had with the CL versus quietly pulling credentials?

StateDawg44
10-26-2021, 12:10 PM
Is it easier? Does this way not bring more attention to the issue that we've had with the CL versus quietly pulling credentials?

Well if it has to be one or the other (which it's isn't) then obviously no, it's not the best choice. That's also assuming it would be "quietly" done. I don't think we or them would raise a big stink about it. But there would be backlash from MSU fans who still don't gaf.

They aren't pulling the CL credentials.

Coach34
10-26-2021, 12:21 PM
Well if it has to be one or the other (which it's isn't) then obviously no, it's not the best choice. That's also assuming it would be "quietly" done. I don't think we or them would raise a big stink about it. But there would be backlash from MSU fans who still don't gaf.

They aren't pulling the CL credentials.

I think it's completely the best way. Keep making him look foolish at every press conference

Lord McBuckethead
10-26-2021, 01:28 PM
I think it's completely the best way. Keep making him look foolish at every press conference

That is until the publicly acknowledge the bullshit they have been dealing for the past 25 years. We don't need them. Simple as that. We would do better to give the Commercial Appeal and the Sun Herald full access to our program than to deal with those back channel assholes.

BulldogBear
10-26-2021, 03:34 PM
That was awesome. Watch the whole video. He seems more gracious at first but ends saying everything that's needed to be said publicly for years, even decades.

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2021, 04:22 PM
That was awesome. Watch the whole video. He seems more gracious at first but ends saying everything that's needed to be said publicly for years, even decades.

Yep.. have watched it several times.. Absolutely love the passion.

Saltydog
10-26-2021, 06:36 PM
Excellent commentary there by Matt......I know a lot of MSU people criticize Matt but he's pretty much always been one to tell it like it is.....

Saltydog
10-26-2021, 06:40 PM
I may be wrong but if I had to guess it's a Leach thing......Leach doesn't pull any punches and he is who he is, whether you like it or not.......That's evident with his schemes.....I'm highly skeptical gentle Ben does a thing.......

Todd4State
10-26-2021, 07:21 PM
We will know when basketball starts up... does Howland do the same thing and it's school sponsored across all sports, or is it just a Leach thing?

I have a feeling it's just a Leach thing.

I love how Leach is handling them by the way too.

Todd4State
10-26-2021, 07:23 PM

Sometimes quiet is the best way to handle it. Sometimes letting your fanbase know that you're taking a stand is the best way.

Like the last year the entire MSU media was punished because of Horka basically writing a smear piece on one of our players but most fans didn't realize it.

lastmajordog
10-26-2021, 08:11 PM
What is the Clarion ledger.......???

TheLostDawg
10-26-2021, 08:59 PM
That is until the publicly acknowledge the bullshit they have been dealing for the past 25 years. We don't need them. Simple as that. We would do better to give the Commercial Appeal and the Sun Herald full access to our program than to deal with those back channel assholes.

This

Dawgology
10-26-2021, 09:17 PM

There’s no reason to do it quietly. Matt is 100% correct on this. State doesn’t NEED the Clarion Ledger. Make a spectacle of it. Let the few State fans that read and or buy ads on the Clarion ledger blindly finally realize the bull crap they pull in an attempt to keep State less significant in the state than Ole Miss. Paper print news is pretty much dead with social media, specialized college sites, and podcasts ruling the college sports news arena.

Gutter Cobreh
10-26-2021, 09:25 PM
There’s no reason to do it quietly. Matt is 100% correct on this. State doesn’t NEED the Clarion Ledger. Make a spectacle of it. Let the few State fans that read and or buy ads on the Clarion ledger blindly finally realize the bull crap they pull in an attempt to keep State less significant in the state than Ole Miss. Paper print news is pretty much dead with social media, specialized college sites, and podcasts ruling the college sports news arena.

I think you read my post wrong. I support what Leach is doing, and how he is doing it. I'm not a fan of pulling credentials; I'd much prefer the guy show up each time only to realize he isn't going to get his questions answered and then trying to validate to his half-rate company why.

Also, I don't care if Leach is the only one doing it now. He's simply opened the door for Howland or Lemonis to do the same if they should choose.

Bass Chaser
10-26-2021, 09:38 PM
Am I the only one that felt like he called out SuperTalk?

Dawgology
10-26-2021, 09:47 PM
I think you read my post wrong. I support what Leach is doing, and how he is doing it. I'm not a fan of pulling credentials; I'd much prefer the guy show up each time only to realize he isn't going to get his questions answered and then trying to validate to his half-rate company why.

Also, I don't care if Leach is the only one doing it now. He's simply opened the door for Howland or Lemonis to do the same if they should choose.

Ah ok. We’re on the same page. **** the CL.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2021, 09:59 PM
That was great!!!

trob115
10-26-2021, 10:07 PM
He definitely called out Super Talk too.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
10-27-2021, 06:26 AM
Am I the only one that felt like he called out SuperTalk?

No your not the only one. I was thinking the same thing.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-27-2021, 06:38 AM
Slow Clap, #7! And that was definitely a shot at SuperTalk

Saltydog
10-27-2021, 08:05 AM
Wonder if this is part of the reason he left?