PDA

View Full Version : Some good things, BUT some things never change!

Thick
11-17-2013, 06:06 PM
First, I thought the team as a whole got after it, and did not quit. Defense played lights out and put us into a position for the upset. Offense moved the ball, and really proved that we are getting better each game. Our special teams just suck, plain and simple!

Dan Mullen continues to amaze me with his lack of creativity and preparation regarding playcalling and personnel. He knew that Dak was not going to play, but not multiple packages in short yardage or goal line situations, no wild dawg package with Lewis, no nothing. I'm sorry, but Dan had a tremendous opportunity last night, and had a piss poor offensive game plan. You know TR cannot run, and yet we still ran read plays with Perkins as his lone back with the exception of the few times that JRob and Shump were back there. You have Bama on their heels a few times, and ran the same stale shit we have been running for the past 3 years.

Dan needs to go to the Gus Malzahn School of Offense. How to use a H back/Fullback? It's not about trick plays as much as it is different looks with different personel.

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Thick brings it as usual.

maroonmania
11-17-2013, 06:09 PM
You know TR cannot run, and yet we still ran read plays with Perkins as his lone back with the exception of the few times that JRob and Shump were back there.

This part had me about ready to throw things last night.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 06:12 PM
First, I thought the team as a whole got after it, and did not quit. Defense played lights out and put us into a position for the upset. Offense moved the ball, and really proved that we are getting better each game. Our special teams just suck, plain and simple!

Dan Mullen continues to amaze me with his lack of creativity and preparation regarding playcalling and personnel. He knew that Dak was not going to play, but not multiple packages in short yardage or goal line situations, no wild dawg package with Lewis, no nothing. I'm sorry, but Dan had a tremendous opportunity last night, and had a piss poor offensive game plan. You know TR cannot run, and yet we still ran read plays with Perkins as his lone back with the exception of the few times that JRob and Shump were back there. You have Bama on their heels a few times, and ran the same stale shit we have been running for the past 3 years.

Dan needs to go to the Gus Malzahn School of Offense. How to use a H back/Fullback? It's not about trick plays as much as it is different looks with different personel.

Spot on.

Thick
11-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like what Dan has done in the first 3 1/2 seasons. He's not a rookie head coach anymore, and that's what's frustrating to most everybody.

Guys, I love being competitive, but last night was our golden opportunity! I hope that he sees the light much sooner then later, because HIS in-game decisions, HIS playcalling, HIS personnel decisions, and HIS special teams have hurt us throughout the season as a whole.

Original48
11-17-2013, 07:48 PM
I was sitting in a suite last night (I'm a pretty big deal) and there were some suite people sitting around me. Tyler lines up with Ladarius offset to his left. I turn to the older couple to my left and say 'watch this..the quarterback is gonna hand it to the running back as he runs to the right in front of him.' They were blown away. How did I know this??? By the way, not lining up under center on 2nd and 1 at the 2 not only starts you off 5 yards deep but also completely takes away one of the most effective plays ever...the bootleg. When is the last time we have ever lined up in a formation that would allow us to utilize a bootleg in a second and short? That would be a nice option to add to Dak's arsenal.

MrKotter
11-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like what Dan has done in the first 3 1/2 seasons. He's not a rookie head coach anymore, and that's what's frustrating to most everybody.

Guys, I love being competitive, but last night was our golden opportunity! I hope that he sees the light much sooner then later, because HIS in-game decisions, HIS playcalling, HIS personnel decisions, and HIS special teams have hurt us throughout the season as a whole.

What I've been saying for a while, every part of the team he has the most input is the weakest part.

BulldogBear
11-17-2013, 08:05 PM
I was sitting in a suite last night (I'm a pretty big deal) and there were some suite people sitting around me. Tyler lines up with Ladarius offset to his left. I turn to the older couple to my left and say 'watch this..the quarterback is gonna hand it to the running back as he runs to the right in front of him.' They were blown away. How did I know this??? By the way, not lining up under center on 2nd and 1 at the 2 not only starts you off 5 yards deep but also completely takes away one of the most effective plays ever...the bootleg. When is the last time we have ever lined up in a formation that would allow us to utilize a bootleg in a second and short? That would be a nice option to add to Dak's arsenal.

Yeah that had shades of handing Dixon the ball 7 yds behind the line of scrimmage in short yardage situations. Made me cringe and wanna shout, "C'mon Croom!"

BulldogBear
11-17-2013, 08:14 PM
This part had me about ready to throw things last night.

Heh. I was visiting my aging parents and I think I startled my mom when I suddenly got up and stormed out of the living room when Wilson dropped the TD pass from Williams. I had been sitting there in somewhat calm comptemplative disbelief after Lewis had dropped 3 straight. Wilson's was more than I could stand. My Dad got more than his fair share of amusement out of the whole episode.

HailState39110
11-17-2013, 08:20 PM

To my wife. Told her we would play with Alabama up and down the field but would blow a red zone opportunity and miss a FG then after that we would allow points right before half. At half time she looked at me like I was crazy. Just told her I watch too much MSU football

Dawgfan77
11-18-2013, 07:37 AM

Dan needs to go

Fixed it for you Thick