PDA

View Full Version : Get to the Game Saturday!

confucius say
10-25-2021, 12:35 PM
Great weather.
Cheap tickets.
6:00 game.
Homecoming I think.
Honoring the national champions.
Huge game vs a top 15 team.
A win essentially guarantees a bowl.

Sell this out! Fanbases that care show up for this type game.

msstate7
10-25-2021, 12:44 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/R0rn1Sr5/22-D56311-F59-E-474-C-8-EDD-75892-EF37-DC8.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Bjg64GQM)

Cheap is right. Better than the $500 a pop for braves Saturday night

confucius say
10-25-2021, 12:56 PM
I think there are $25 tickets for sale on Gail state website.

Those on stubhub are good too though. Buy them up.
Isn't section 19 faculty by the way? I wish we would stop giving them tickets.

AROB44
10-25-2021, 03:22 PM

Amen!! If they want tickets, they can buy them just like everyone else.

LC Dawg
10-25-2021, 03:32 PM

19 is not faculty. Faculty is actually closer to the 50. Maybe section 21.
And there definitely should be something done about them selling their tickets.

BulldogBear
10-25-2021, 03:39 PM

Hell no, I buy a lot of faculty tickets!!!

Dak Holliday
10-25-2021, 03:49 PM
Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
😂

Jack Lambert
10-25-2021, 03:51 PM

They do not have to pay Bull Dog Club dues. That should change.

confucius say
10-25-2021, 05:45 PM

I would rather you just have the same opportunity to buy them from the school instead of the faculty getting them and selling them

Hambone
10-25-2021, 06:51 PM
I bought phenomenal tickets to LSU in ‘14 that ended up being the faculty section.

LC Dawg
10-25-2021, 06:56 PM
My sister in law traded me her faculty tickets for my tickets so she could have all her kids sit with her for the 2015 Egg Bowl. Two Ole Miss fans I work with were sitting on the same row. They told me they bought the tickets from scalpers. I think that pissed me off more than the loss.

BulldogBear
10-25-2021, 07:32 PM
I was quarantined for NCSU game so this will be my first trip to Starkville this season. Have they opened the food court and/or ballroom in the Union yet? For night games, my wife and I love to go eat lunch at Two Brothers, then park early and settle in the ballroom or lounge to watch football, then get something at the food court right before kickoff, then head over to stadium.

TheLostDawg
10-25-2021, 07:53 PM
I was quarantined for NCSU game so this will be my first trip to Starkville this season. Have they opened the food court and/or ballroom in the Union yet? For night games, my wife and I love to go eat lunch at Two Brothers, then park early and settle in the ballroom or lounge to watch football, then get something at the food court right before kickoff, then head over to stadium.

Ballroom?

TheLostDawg
10-25-2021, 07:54 PM
They do not have to pay Bull Dog Club dues. That should change.

This. Or at least move the section. Not give the best seating and then not pay the dues that cost more than the ticket themselves

BulldogBear
10-25-2021, 09:48 PM
Ballroom?

On the second floor of the Union. On many gamedays, it is open with rows of chairs and a few tables. There are three televised games projected onto three big screens, literally turning them into something like 15 foot by 25 foot TVs. Great way to spend an afternoon waiting for an evening kick. Plus food downstairs and easy access to clean restrooms.

confucius say
10-25-2021, 10:02 PM
This. Or at least move the section. Not give the best seating and then not pay the dues that cost more than the ticket themselves

Exactly. The whole way we do that is just moronic.

BayouDawg
10-25-2021, 10:07 PM
I will be there with 2 other bulldogs from red stick.

TheLostDawg
10-26-2021, 07:52 AM
On the second floor of the Union. On many gamedays, it is open with rows of chairs and a few tables. There are three televised games projected onto three big screens, literally turning them into something like 15 foot by 25 foot TVs. Great way to spend an afternoon waiting for an evening kick. Plus food downstairs and easy access to clean restrooms.

That's awesome. I never knew this. Is it usually packed?

TheLostDawg
10-26-2021, 07:55 AM
Exactly. The whole way we do that is just moronic.

Like button hit. As with everything else we do. Seems like everything is on cruise control without new ideas.
I'm sure they'd get a lot of push back from the people they work with but this is why they get paid what they do. To make the hard decisions. Maybe if they ever chairback the lower bowl, they'll move their seats.

IMissJack
10-26-2021, 08:56 AM

I went out to OM and Ark ticketing websites to see where their faculty seating is. I could not find any. Arkansas had a page where faculty and staff can purchase discounted season tickets with the additional donation not required. Then there is a image of the stadium seating and required donations. All lower level require a donation, so I assume they are seated in endzone or upper deck with all other nondonors, unless they make a donation like everyone else.

BulldogBear
10-26-2021, 09:20 AM
That's awesome. I never knew this. Is it usually packed?

Not packed. It is a relaxed atmosphere for the most part. More on bigger games of course. We go up in the morning, even for night games, just to eat lunch and pass the day watching. If the ballroom isn't open the lounge can be an acceptable alternative.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-26-2021, 10:42 AM
I know a former MSU employee who hasnt been employed by the University for at least 10 years that still gets faculty tickets. he doesnt even go to games, just sells them or gives them to family.

BayouDawg
10-26-2021, 03:55 PM
Just saw a teaser on Twitter that looks like the m over s logo will be on the helmets this weekend!

preachermatt83
10-26-2021, 09:39 PM
I bought phenomenal tickets to LSU in ?14 that ended up being the faculty section.

At Death Valley? We played them at BR In 14.

BulldogBear
10-28-2021, 11:06 AM

Bump. A call to the Union got me nothing more than a sjoukder shrug.