PDA

View Full Version : 2014 MSU football team

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Do you guys realize how many Fr and So's played last night? Next year we literally lose about 6 guys that get significant playing time....Russell, Perkins, Autry, Nickoe, Gabe, and Siddoway.

Not counting guys that either redshirted, didn't play, or will be incoming Freshmen/JUCO, we are looking at something like this next year....

QB:
Dak
D. Williams

RB:
JRob
Shump
Griffin
Milton

WR:
Lewis
RoJo
Wilson
Morrow
Ross
Fred Brown
Chappelle
Etc

OL:
Clausell
Day
Clayborne
Senior
Malone
Beckwith
Robinson

TE:
Malcolm
Hill
Samuel

DL:
Chris Jones
Preston Smith
Eulls
PJ Jones
Virges
Ryan Brown
Nick James
Quay Evans
AJ Jefferson
Adams

LB:
McKinney
Wells
B Brown
R Brown
Z Jackson

CB:
Love
Calhoun
Redmond
Jiles

S:
Cox
Jay Hughes
Arrington
Market

Am I missing anybody? Team looks pretty talented and experienced. That defense looks filthy. Then you have guys like Dez Harris and Torry Dale that have supposedly looked good in practice that I didn't even mention.

If Quay Evans and Nick James ever get it together, you wonder how in the hell we will be able to divide playing time on that DLine. That is an incredibly sick unit even without those two.

msstate7
11-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Pretty sure bohanna's career is over

msstate7
11-17-2013, 06:00 PM
James and Evans could be the difference between a good season and an all-time great season for us IMO

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Pretty sure bohanna's career is over

Yea, my bad. Deleted him

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Thought i heard dale may be transferring

DanDority
11-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw Quay at the gas station on my way home from the game. Also, the game was not over.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Thought i heard dale may be transferring

Really? Hate to hear that, I thought he was spoken highly of by the coaches. Well, if we have a transfer, that's the unit we can afford one.

msstate7
11-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I saw Quay at the gas station on my way home from the game. Also, the game was not over.

Based on second hand information about quay and nick, it may be a good idea to cut them both. Again I'm basing this on what I hear, not what I see.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Based on second hand information about quay and nick, it may be a good idea to cut them both. Again I'm basing this on what I hear, not what I see.

What a shame and a waste of talent.

was21
11-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Joe Morrow...if....

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Joe Morrow...if....

Forgot about Joe. Added him

HoopsDawg
11-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Nm

Coach 57
11-17-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm going to ignore Hoops' comment as I normally do as he is a blithering idiot.

One position that is going to be one to keep an eye in is RT. I know some bag on him (sometimes he gets beat badly) but he hasn't just been terrible. Not sure who they are going to have to fill that spot. Clausell may have actually increased his notoriety after that game Vs Clowney. But I sure hope they don't think Damien is ready for that roll. His feet are horrible! I have been out if my pads for over 15yrs from my DE spot & I will tell you if he lined up across from me at OT I would grin from ear to ear. This better be an addressed issue......I'm telling you!

It_Could_Happen
11-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Nm

Your a dumbass.

Now on to my real post. I'm not gonna lie I really feel like our secondary took a huge step last night. Market Calhoun and Redmond are going to be studs.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Your a dumbass.

Now on to my real post. I'm not gonna lie I really feel like our secondary took a huge step last night. Market Calhoun and Redmond are going to be studs.

I agree. For the first time this season, our secondary seemed to get it, and to all be on the same page for the most part. Yes, there were a few lapses, but not many. They definitely grew up a lot last night.

By the way, what a brilliant coaching move by Collins to rush 2 and drop 9 on some of those long yardage situations? You could tell that Bama thought we were going to try to blitz and make McCarron get rid of it quicker...but instead we made it impossible to find someone open. I thought is was brilliant, as was Collins' entire gameplan outside of the corner blitzes

Madkinmecrazy
11-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Do you guys realize how many Fr and So's played last night? Next year we literally lose about 6 guys that get significant playing time....Russell, Perkins, Autry, Nickoe, Gabe, and Siddoway.

Not counting guys that either redshirted, didn't play, or will be incoming Freshmen/JUCO, we are looking at something like this next year....

We are close. We have the talent but the great seniors we had last year came with one drawback, our guys in the depth chart didn't get gametime experience. This team hasn't lost to a ranked team this year, and we've been close in a few of those. We need to finish out wins and beat ranked teams but we are almost there.

I wan wait for us to win these next 3 games.

Bothrops
11-17-2013, 10:29 PM

QB:
Dak
D. Williams

RB:
JRob
Shump
Griffin
Milton

WR:
Lewis
RoJo
Wilson
Morrow
Ross
Fred Brown
Chappelle
Etc

OL:
Clausell
Day
Clayborne
Senior
Malone
Beckwith
Robinson

TE:
Malcolm
Hill
Samuel

DL:
Chris Jones
Preston Smith
Eulls
PJ Jones
Virges
Ryan Brown
Nick James
Quay Evans
AJ Jefferson
Adams

LB:
McKinney
Wells
B Brown
R Brown
Z Jackson

CB:
Love
Calhoun
Redmond
Jiles

S:
Cox
Jay Hughes
Arrington
Market

Am I missing anybody? Team looks pretty talented and experienced. That defense looks filthy. Then you have guys like Dez Harris and Torry Dale that have supposedly looked good in practice that I didn't even mention.

If Quay Evans and Nick James ever get it together, you wonder how in the hell we will be able to divide playing time on that DLine. That is an incredibly sick unit even without those two.

John Harris DE Jr.
Jordan Washington DT Injured ??

Bothrops
11-17-2013, 10:32 PM
And Holloway

Goat Holder
11-18-2013, 09:38 AM
You're just now seeing this?

You wonder why so many people are fired up about next year, it isn't the schedule. It's what you posted.

HancockCountyDog
11-18-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm going to ignore Hoops' comment as I normally do as he is a blithering idiot.

One position that is going to be one to keep an eye in is RT. I know some bag on him (sometimes he gets beat badly) but he hasn't just been terrible. Not sure who they are going to have to fill that spot. Clausell may have actually increased his notoriety after that game Vs Clowney. But I sure hope they don't think Damien is ready for that roll. His feet are horrible! I have been out if my pads for over 15yrs from my DE spot & I will tell you if he lined up across from me at OT I would grin from ear to ear. This better be an addressed issue......I'm telling you!

I agree, the only concern I have next year is OL, Siddoway is serviceable and played great Saturday night, and Jackson is a stud. I think we can find capable replacements, but its a concern;

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 09:49 AM
You're just now seeing this?

You wonder why so many people are fired up about next year, it isn't the schedule. It's what you posted.

Nope, Ive been talking abou 2014 for over a year.....just reminding everyone and changing topics. Remember, I was talking 2014 while you were saying we'd go 8-4 in 2013

stxdawg
11-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Our defense is going to be really good. Watching how well a lot of these young players are doing these past few weeks has got to get you excited. I was worried about our CB position after what we lost last season, but these kids are growing up fast. I think Redmond will be all SEC before he graduates, and I am really impressed with how well Market has played back there. Our DL is going to be one of the top 3 in the SEC next year.

Negative Waves
11-18-2013, 10:04 AM
What concerns me next year is the QB position. Dak is tough, but he's already been banged up and hasn't even started for a full year yet. Williams getting some reps at the end of this year might help us out in the long run. If the receivers hadn't gotten the case of the drops Saturday night, Williams would've looked really good in his time against Bama.

Barking 13
11-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Our defense is going to be really good. Watching how well a lot of these young players are doing these past few weeks has got to get you excited. I was worried about our CB position after what we lost last season, but these kids are growing up fast. I think Redmond will be all SEC before he graduates, and I am really impressed with how well Market has played back there. Our DL is going to be one of the top 3 in the SEC next year.

Scary good.... Jiles got burned a couple times, but he's learning.... The thing I like is pretty much everybody on D is getting some playing time this year...

Pollodawg
11-18-2013, 10:42 AM
I look for 2014 to be a return to what was so exciting about 2010--ground and pound bug boy offense and smothering defense.

Goat Holder
11-18-2013, 10:50 AM
You really don't want to go there. Especially after how much you have bitched about our 'under-achievements' this year. Seems like you agreed with me. If you don't, you really have no basis for calling for Mullen's head. If you knew we were going 6-6 or whatever back in the summer, and you knew you weren't happy with it, then you should have called for his head then. So you might want to hold back the reins when it comes to calling folks out.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 11:13 AM
You really don't want to go there. Especially after how much you have bitched about our 'under-achievements' this year. Seems like you agreed with me. If you don't, you really have no basis for calling for Mullen's head. If you knew we were going 6-6 or whatever back in the summer, and you knew you weren't happy with it, then you should have called for his head then. So you might want to hold back the reins when it comes to calling folks out.

I called for 6-6 or 5-7, but I didnt think we'd see rookie mistakes from Mullen all year. In fact, I expected us to be better than last year but our record would suck due to a tough schedule. So I was right on my prediction....just didnt think Mullen would suck so much in game.

And im not for firing Mullen unless we lose 7 this year and can get Hud. If he hadn't cost us games this year, I would want to keep him regardless.

So yea, Im cool with what I said above. And I didnt call you out....just stated a fact.

Maroons
11-18-2013, 11:32 AM

I think Senior moves to RT.

Goat Holder
11-18-2013, 12:06 PM
We will have 4 dual threat QBs on campus next year. They'll all be running the same system. I like Russell and thought (and still think) he was probably our best option at QB in most games this year, but even I'll admit our offensive system will run much more smoothly with all the same type of players.

I say all that to state that injuries won't be as big of a deal next season. I've always been curious as to what we could accomplish with a stable of dual threat QBs too, when we really can open it up and pound it away.

And alot of it is predicated on what our RB situation is. They need to take some of the wear off the QBs. We REALLY need another Dixon/Ballard. I'm afraid we don't have that on our roster as of yet. Maybe Aeris Williams is the answer, and we can move Shumpert over to SS. Robinson and Griffin need to step the f*ck up too.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 12:20 PM
We can move Shumpert over to SS. Robinson and Griffin need to step the f*ck up too.

Face palm.

What are you talking about? The Shumpert comment is absurd....and the JRob and Griff comments make no sense. Hard to step up when you cant get a ****ing carry bc Mullen gives all the carries to slip n slide Perkins

Goat Holder
11-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Robinson is over-rated, pal. Shumpert ain't nothing special either, and now he seems to have an attitude problem. There is a logical reason that Perkins is getting all the carries - we have nobody else.

This is actually a big concern of mine heading into next year. I honestly think we should bring in a JUCO TB unless they are sure Aeris Williams is the man.

Pollodawg
11-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Robinson is over-rated, pal. Shumpert ain't nothing special either, and now he seems to have an attitude problem. There is a logical reason that Perkins is getting all the carries - we have nobody else.

This is actually a big concern of mine heading into next year. I honestly think we should bring in a JUCO TB unless they are sure Aeris Williams is the man.

You've seen him play enough to know this?

Goat Holder
11-18-2013, 04:49 PM
It's just my opinion. From the limited amount I have seen, I can see why he's not taking serious time away from Perkins.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 04:56 PM

You've lost it. JRob is not overrated, he is underutilized. And the Shumpert attitude thing is pure speculation. Hell, I'd be pissed too if ****ing Perkins was getting goal line carries when I knew I could help the team win. You seriously are clueless if you think we're in bad shape at RB. We have so many more glaring issues right now....in fact, RB is at the bottom of our list of issues

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 04:57 PM
It's just my opinion. From the limited amount I have seen, I can see why he's not taking serious time away from Perkins.

What team are you watching every week? There's no way you can believe this shit

Barking 13
11-18-2013, 05:00 PM
I don't know about y'all, but I've seen Shump throw some hellatious blocks.. when he's been in....

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 05:03 PM
I don't know about y'all, but I've seen Shump throw some hellatious blocks.. when he's been in....

He's a beast. Any thoughts of moving him to safety are ludicrous. Between Shump, Robinson, Griffin, Milton, Williams, and Lee....we are sitting pretty in the RB category

thf24
11-18-2013, 05:18 PM

I'm just curious, what's going through your mind when Perkins runs up the middle and goes down after two yards from glancing contact? Or takes the ball and immediately slips and falls?

Goat Holder
11-18-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm just curious, what's going through your mind when Perkins runs up the middle and goes down after two yards from glancing contact?

My mind: "Damn, I wish we had Vick Ballard".

Or takes the ball and immediately slips and falls?

When I see them slip and fall, I can never tell if it's Robinson or Perkins, they both do it so damn much.

Goat Holder
11-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Nope. We've got a bunch of average guys at tailback. I realize it sucks to read this because it eliminates your ability to bitch about it. J-Rob isn't the answer. Sorry if you can't handle it.

Dan Mullen isn't a complete freaking idiot, dude. There is no favoritism in this thing.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Nope. We've got a bunch of average guys at tailback. I realize it sucks to read this because it eliminates your ability to bitch about it. J-Rob isn't the answer. Sorry if you can't handle it.

Dan Mullen isn't a complete freaking idiot, dude. There is no favoritism in this thing.

God you're awful. It definitely doesn't suck to read it, because I know it has no value coming from you. You are rarely correct about anything, so I feel pretty confident once again being on the opposite side of a dispute with you.

And while Mullen may not be a COMPLETE idiot....he has his moments. And this Perkins thing has Dan Mullen written all over it. No way that guy should be getting more carries than JRob. But then again, this is the coach that started Tyler Russell this year in game 1 and continues to run him on QB keepers, so I can't say I'm shocked. About as shocked as I am to see you making a ridiculous post

Goat Holder
11-18-2013, 05:52 PM
God you're awful. It definitely doesn't suck to read it, because I know it has no value coming from you. You are rarely correct about anything, so I feel pretty confident once again being on the opposite side of a dispute with you.

This really isn't the board for this douchey shit. How bout some ban smack now? It's original, and will REALLY get to me.

And while Mullen may not be a COMPLETE idiot....he has his moments. And this Perkins thing has Dan Mullen written all over it. No way that guy should be getting more carries than JRob. But then again, this is the coach that started Tyler Russell this year in game 1 and continues to run him on QB keepers, so I can't say I'm shocked. About as shocked as I am to see you making a ridiculous post

Yep, the backup is always better. The coaches don't watch them in practice at all, they are just idiots. How did this work out?

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?7592-Sobiesk-time-to-educate-the-masses-on-what-we-have-sitting-on-the-sidelines&highlight=sobiesk

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 05:55 PM
This really isn't the board for this douchey shit. How bout some ban smack now? It's original, and will REALLY get to me.

Ha, Obviously it got to you, or else you wouldn't have said that dumb shit.

Yep, the backup is always better. The coaches don't watch them in practice at all, they are just idiots. How did this work out?

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?7592-Sobiesk-time-to-educate-the-masses-on-what-we-have-sitting-on-the-sidelines&highlight=sobiesk

Umm...I wasn't even involved in that thread, but I was right about the backup QB while you were pushing for Russell, so....

But by all means keep making yourself look stupid. You've been doing it for years, why stop now

Goat Holder
11-18-2013, 06:10 PM
OK doucher, we'll keep going. Nobody said you were involved in anything. Quit taking things so personally. The thread was meant to demonstrate a point. The guy on the bench usually isn't on the field for a reason.

Oh, you want to play on the Russell/Prescott stuff? I point to nothing but our 4-6 record while Russell has been hurt (and he was, Prescott did NOT take his spot). Russell plays, we might have reached our potential. As it turns out, Prescott plays before he's ready, and we're fighting for a bowl.

What's hilarious, is literally EVERYTHING you've said has been off-base. You know nothing. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 06:12 PM
OK doucher, we'll keep going. Nobody said you were involved in anything. Quit taking things so personally. The thread was meant to demonstrate a point. The guy on the bench usually isn't on the field for a reason.

Oh, you want to play on the Russell/Prescott stuff? I point to nothing but our 4-6 record while Russell has been hurt (and he was, Prescott did NOT take his spot). Russell plays, we might have reached our potential. As it turns out, Prescott plays before he's ready, and we're fighting for a bowl.

What's hilarious, is literally EVERYTHING you've said has been off-base. You know nothing. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Please keep going....

hacker
11-18-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm afraid we don't have that on our roster as of yet. Maybe Aeris Williams is the answer, and we can move Shumpert over to SS. Robinson and Griffin need to step the f*ck up too.

HAHAHA, you are clueless.

hacker
11-18-2013, 07:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/APQOvM1.png?2

just saying

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 07:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/APQOvM1.png?2

just saying

Haha, ^this^

Thanks, Hacker.

Hell, even Shumpert is doing about as good as Perk, and most of his carries are on short yardage when teams know we're running.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-18-2013, 07:49 PM
He's a beast. Any thoughts of moving him to safety are ludicrous. Between Shump, Robinson, Griffin, Milton, Williams, and Lee....we are sitting pretty in the RB category

Now if we could get a true fullback that should be locked away in a mental ward and loves killing linebackers.

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Now if we could get a true fullback that should be locked away in a mental ward and loves killing linebackers.

No doubt

Barking 13
11-19-2013, 09:47 AM

Turtle? been saying it since before the season...

mek34
11-19-2013, 04:44 PM
Next years team has the potential to be very good IMO