PDA

View Full Version : The Clemson boards are in meltdown......3 losses already.......A lot of their fans

Saltydog
10-24-2021, 10:08 AM
seem to think their run is over.....Bama's run is not over but they are noticeably not as dominant as they have been in years past......Yes, the pulled away from UT yesterday but that was a 7 point game in the 4th quarter.....I wouldn't be too totally shocked if Auburn beat them on the plains in the Iron Bowl......

HaggardDawg
10-24-2021, 10:18 AM
I had this argument with a Clemson alum the other day. A rising UGA, is terrible for Clemson. Add to the fact Tennessee is become at least competent again, that?s terrible for Clemson.

HancockCountyDog
10-24-2021, 10:26 AM
seem to think their run is over.....Bama's run is not over but they are noticeably not as dominant as they have been in years past......Yes, the pulled away from UT yesterday but that was a 7 point game in the 4th quarter.....I wouldn't be too totally shocked if Auburn beat them on the plains in the Iron Bowl......

Yeah, it?s almost as if losing two took flight NFL QBs, can make your team a little less dominant.

Luckily for them, they play in the ACC, and can still win 8 games despite being pretty awful.

BrunswickDawg
10-24-2021, 10:37 AM
I think the portal is going to have an impact on some teams - and so far it looks like Dabo isn't adapting. Clemson has lost 16 players to the portal since 1/1/20. They have added none.

HoopsDawg
10-24-2021, 11:06 AM
I think the portal is going to have an impact on some teams - and so far it looks like Dabo isn't adapting. Clemson has lost 16 players to the portal since 1/1/20. They have added none.

Clemson doesn't over sign. And they don't process many players at all.

Also, shows how valuable Olinemen are.

TUSK
10-24-2021, 11:55 AM
This is great news, IMO...

Now that these dynasties are dead (or mitigated somewhat), college football is much more enjoyable to watch.

Matt3467
10-24-2021, 12:06 PM
Clemson could easily be 1-6 right now. It's strange how bad they're playing with all the talent and coaching they have.

Edit: I'll also add that the fact they played Georgia close is not good for Georgia.

captaindog
10-24-2021, 12:21 PM
Clemson could easily be 1-6 right now. It's strange how bad they're playing with all the talent and coaching they have.

Edit: I'll also add that the fact they played Georgia close is not good for Georgia.

I think Georgia was also playing against the rep of Clemson football from years past.

Lance Harbor
10-24-2021, 12:21 PM
Dabo's "no portal" policy will be adjusted. Hearing DJ won't be in the QB running next year.

Indndawg
10-24-2021, 01:44 PM
Add KC Chiefs to that too. Run is over.

Offshore Dawg
10-24-2021, 02:24 PM
and who gave them the right to win it all only in their tiny minds

Ari Gold
10-24-2021, 02:54 PM
I had this argument with a Clemson alum the other day. A rising UGA, is terrible for Clemson. Add to the fact Tennessee is become at least competent again, that?s terrible for Clemson.

All the “experts “ were saying Tennessee was coming back to old Tennessee with Pruitt.. So let’s pump the breaks a bit..
Clemson will be fine.. they pay In the ACC.

PGHBulldogBG
10-24-2021, 09:48 PM
Tennessee has some NCAA issues that will impact their recruiting. I don?t think they can get back to competing with UGA and UF most years for a while because they won?t have the players. UT and UK will be 3 and 4 most years though because I think even those two are way ahead of Mizzou, South Carolina and Vandy

SailingDawg
10-24-2021, 10:01 PM
Add KC Chiefs to that too. Run is over.

What conference are they in?

Activated Alpha
10-24-2021, 10:08 PM
This is great news, IMO...

Now that these dynasties are dead (or mitigated somewhat), college football is much more enjoyable to watch.

Tusk commenting on dynasties being dead is just about the most ironic quote ever.

TUSK
10-24-2021, 10:18 PM
Tusk commenting on dynasties being dead is just about the most ironic quote ever.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Activated Alpha again.

BrunswickDawg
10-25-2021, 06:37 AM
All the “experts “ were saying Tennessee was coming back to old Tennessee with Pruitt.. So let’s pump the breaks a bit..
Clemson will be fine.. they pay In the ACC.

People said the same after FSU started to stumble after 2015. "Their FSU, it's the ACC they will be fine..". Im really beginning to wonder if teams eventually start playing down to the competition in the ACC. You can only dominate for so long without getting complacent. Then you start losing to schools you regularly beat by 40-50 points it's starts to mess with your head. Before you know it you've fired 3 coaches in 5 years and your recruiting has tanked.

basedog
10-25-2021, 07:17 AM
Add Miami to the sky is falling!

StateDawg44
10-25-2021, 07:28 AM
Add Miami to the sky is falling!

Miami hasn't been relevant since I was a teenager.

They've crossed into out of touch and delusional ages ago.

basedog
10-25-2021, 07:56 AM
Miami hasn't been relevant since I was a teenager.

They've crossed into out of touch and delusional ages ago.

I realize that! But in a hot bed area for talent, it should be unacceptable, same with Fsu.

Saltydog
10-25-2021, 08:01 AM
Throw Nebraska into the conversations as well.......I don't think they'll ever be what they were in the 70's - 90's.......Same as TN........Neither State produces a lot of football talent so they have to rely on recruiting nationally and they're no longer relevant enough to do that..........