PDA

View Full Version : a few coaches I think will be fired this year...

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Holgerson-WVA, Beckman-Illinois, Pelini- Neb, Christenson- Wyoming, Mcgee- UAB, Rhodes-Iowa st, Brown-TX... who else yal got?

Political Hack
11-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Muschamp, Ogre, Matt Rhule, mike London, Paul Rhodes.

I think Muskrat could end up at UGA as DC if Florida fires him. Ogre and Rhode will also land big time DC jobs unless Ogre lands a HFC spot somewhere or stays at USC under Sumlin.

was21
11-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Norm Chow - Hawaii Rich Ellerson - Army Skip Holtz - La Tech Terry Bowden - Akron Weis - Kansas the guy at Virginia Pelini may hang on at Nebraska

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 05:30 PM
I don't think chow will get fired. Holtz wont after one year. weis bought himself another year yesterday.

dawgs
11-17-2013, 05:51 PM
if holgerson gets fired, i hope we offer him a blank check to be our OC

Dawgfan77
11-17-2013, 06:19 PM

He has Mississippi ties was OC at MC. London at UVA has a huge buyout. Lembo at ball state will end up with a nice gig. How about Mullen to wvu HUD to state O to ULL

Political Hack
11-17-2013, 06:22 PM
I'd love to have Holgerson. would be awesome.

I think Collins is close to becoming a great DC. He's just got to get the two minute offense figures out. He really showed me some good stuff last night after a few disappointing performances against A&M and LSU. What he did against OSU, Auburn, and Bama was pretty impressive IMO. Definitely needs some work, but I think he's close to being an excellent coordinator.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2013, 06:27 PM
I'd love to have Holgerson. would be awesome.

I think Collins is close to becoming a great DC. He's just got to get the two minute offense figures out. He really showed me some good stuff last night after a few disappointing performances against A&M and LSU. What he did against OSU, Auburn, and Bama was pretty impressive IMO. Definitely needs some work, but I think he's close to being an excellent coordinator.

Agree on Collins.

was21
11-17-2013, 06:31 PM
I agree. Since he's probably close and you and I notice it, he'll probably be getting some offers and will be gone soon. I wish I didn't believe it.

msstate7
11-17-2013, 06:44 PM
I agree. Since he's probably close and you and I notice it, he'll probably be getting some offers and will be gone soon. I wish I didn't believe it.

Didnt someone say Collins was being mentioned as HC candidate at FIU or somewhere like that?

smootness
11-17-2013, 07:13 PM
I don't think chow will get fired. Holtz wont after one year. weis bought himself another year yesterday.

Why do you keep talking as though that was a big win? They beat West Virginia...who isn't good this year. Yes, he finally won a conference game, but that makes it 1 in 2 years. That game didn't buy him anything.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-17-2013, 08:42 PM

I don't think there is enough booze and gaming around Starkville to get him here. I see him going to UNLV or UN-Reno.

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Why do you keep talking as though that was a big win? They beat West Virginia...who isn't good this year. Yes, he finally won a conference game, but that makes it 1 in 2 years. That game didn't buy him anything.

it was an upset win. how many have we had in the same time weis has been at Kansas? So if that's the case you better change your mullen love. Weis gets and upset win and you think he should be fired. Mullen hasn't had an upset in nearly four years and you want to keep him. Your logic is...well not very logical at all.

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 10:01 PM

Okie state...You know that team that held us to 3 points and embarrassed us? yea that team has one loss.. wanna guess who its to?

Coach34
11-17-2013, 10:48 PM
it was an upset win. how many have we had in the same time weis has been at Kansas?

We've only been an underdog one time to a team with a losing record in Mullen's 5 years- Kansas gets those chances quite ofyen

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 10:54 PM
We've only been an underdog one time to a team with a losing record in Mullen's 5 years- Kansas gets those chances quite ofyen

That doesn't apply. When considering the difference in talent at Kansas from State your argument becomes obsolete. Too many variables at play.

Coach34
11-17-2013, 10:59 PM
That doesn't apply. When considering the difference in talent at Kansas from State your argument becomes obsolete. Too many variables at play.

What the hell are you talking about? W. Virginia is 4-7, Kansas is 3-7. They arent too damn much more talented than Kansas. It completely and totally applies

CooterDavenport
11-17-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't think there is enough booze and gaming around Starkville to get him here. I see him going to UNLV or UN-Reno.

Get that man to Philadelphia and Tunica.

smootness
11-17-2013, 11:20 PM
it was an upset win. how many have we had in the same time weis has been at Kansas? So if that's the case you better change your mullen love. Weis gets and upset win and you think he should be fired. Mullen hasn't had an upset in nearly four years and you want to keep him. Your logic is...well not very logical at all.

I have no idea where to begin with this....

So you're telling me that if Mullen coached a bunch of 2- and 3-win teams, as long as he beat a 4- or 5-win team every now and then, his job is safe?

But since he's winning more (and still beating teams like WVU this year with regularity), it's a knock on him?

We need to stop centering all of our discussions about Mullen around 'upset wins' because it leads to insane crap like this.

msstate7
11-17-2013, 11:29 PM
I have no idea where to begin with this....

So you're telling me that if Mullen coached a bunch of 2- and 3-win teams, as long as he beat a 4- or 5-win team every now and then, his job is safe?

But since he's winning more (and still beating teams like WVU this year with regularity), it's a knock on him?

We need to stop centering all of our discussions about Mullen around 'upset wins' because it leads to insane crap like this.

A few weeks back the fire Mullen crowd just wanted us to continue beating teams we should and start playing the good teams well. Since that time we've started playing good teams well, but now that's not good enough. If Mullen would've beaten bama last night, some would say hud would've beat them worse.

Coach34
11-17-2013, 11:32 PM
A few weeks back the fire Mullen crowd just wanted us to continue beating teams we should and start playing the good teams well. Since that time we've started playing good teams well, but now that's not good enough. If Mullen would've beaten bama last night, some would say hud would've beat them worse.

Well you had to know the boundary would move once Mullen crossed it. Just wait till he wins the last 2 and finishes 6-6, and has the same SEC record as Freezus

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 11:35 PM
Well you had to know the boundary would move once Mullen crossed it. Just wait till he wins the last 2 and finishes 6-6, and has the same SEC record as Freezus

I assure you that if we win 6 games I will officially eat crow and be off the fire mullen wagon. But it ain't gonna happen. Mullen can't beat Freeze.

Coach34
11-17-2013, 11:50 PM
. Mullen can't beat Freeze.

Based on what?

Freezus is 0-2 vs Malzahn. So you saying Freezus will never beat Malzahn?

wrb7480
11-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Based on what?

Freezus is 0-2 vs Malzahn. So you saying Freezus will never beat Malzahn?

How depraved do you have to be make fun of a man being a Christian? Whether it's MSU or TSUN, I don't care who it is! If he were a devout Jew and you tried this you'd be called an anti-Semite. If he were Muslim and you tried this, you be in danger for your life! But because he's a Christian you get by with it. We'll, I'm as passionate an MSU fan as the next, but I WILL NOT stoop to this level. I know it's your board and you can do whatever you want. You can't ban me from the board though, because I'm done!

CadaverDawg
11-18-2013, 12:08 AM
How depraved do you have to be make fun of a man being a Christian? Whether it's MSU or TSUN, I don't care who it is! If he were a devout Jew and you tried this you'd be called an anti-Semite. If he were Muslim and you tried this, you be in danger for your life! But because he's a Christian you get by with it. We'll, I'm as passionate an MSU fan as the next, but I WILL NOT stoop to this level. I know it's your board and you can do whatever you want. You can't ban me from the board though, because I'm done!

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff430/Malackai/Lol/LoL_zps8e8e873f.gif

Did I miss something?

Coach34
11-18-2013, 12:17 AM

Jim Baker was a Christian also- He and Freezus are about the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG98jVubcgM

War Machine Dawg
11-18-2013, 12:20 AM

I said it two weeks ago when we hung with SCar: It's a got damn moving target with the Fire Mullen crowd. They'll never be happy until he's gone.

cheewgumm
11-18-2013, 04:08 AM
Mullen has " hung with" good teams since day 1. This is year 5. I'm not even real big into " fire Mullen" but I can see that. Though I would make a chamge.

Lost to #7 LSU 30-26
Lost to # 25 g tech 42-31
Lost to #1 Florida 29-19
Beat #25 ole miss 41-27

Lost to #21 auburn 17-14
Lost to #15 LSU 29-7
Beat #22 Florida 10-7
Lost to #11 Alabama 30-10
Lost to #22 Arkansas 38-31
Beat #21 michigan 52-14

Lost # 3 lsu 19-6
Lost to # 15 South Carolina 14-12
Lost to #4 Alabama 24-7
Lost to #6 Arkansas 44-17

Lost to #1 Alabama 38-7
Lost to #16 a&am 38-13
Lost to # 9 lsu 37-17
Lost to #21 northwestern 34-20

Lost to #13 ok state 21-3
Lost to #10 lsu 59-26
Lost to # 14 South Carolina 34-16
Lost to #11 a & m 51-41
Lost to #1 Alabama 20-7

Pro Mullen crowd wants to make the case that we are "turning the corner"by playing these ranked teams tough. Mullen's record shows from day 1 he has played ranked teams close. Nothing has changed and there is no evidence that we are " turning a corner". In fact I think you could argue we are getting worse, at least in how " close" we play the tough teams. In fact if I'm croom, I'm making the case that mullin was much better with my players than his own.