PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Prospect Camp - Name to Watch

GeoDawg
10-23-2021, 04:49 PM
I attended MSU's Baseball Prospect Camp with my son. I got to talking with one of the other dads and found out he is from Hollywood. Florida. His son, Ryan McPherson is a 2024 grad. His son played for Team USA this past summer and was clocked at 90. Blew up and is now getting interest from the likes of Florida, Miami, Duke, Vanderbilt, LSU, Ole Miss, and MSU. Apparently MSU has offered. They are just starting the recruiting process but I just thought I would share a tidbit of info.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanMcP04468573

AlSwearengen
10-23-2021, 06:42 PM
Thank for the info. We will keep an eye on him.

What were your impressions of the camp and attendees? About how many were there?

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2021, 07:01 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanMcP04468573

Good looking player

GeoDawg
10-23-2021, 07:27 PM
It was a Prospect Camp. So, there wasn't any one on one instruction going on. It was set up for them to identify kids to target and for your for child to have a chance to get on their radar. The coaches generally don't say a lot and are more just observing. With that in mind, it was run well. Prospects are divided into two groups, position players and pitchers. Position players run the 60 and then go to the field for reps. Pitchers work in the pitching lab under the stadium. It lasts about 3 hours.

Coach Lemonis wasn't there. He had a minor family conflict. My best guess is there were about 75 to 100 kids ranging from 8th grade to jucos. They been running these camps just about every week since the World Series. There were several really good looking prospects.

My son is a 2025 kid. He would be in the group that was just hoping to get noticed. We've been twice. The last time he worked as a position player and this time as a pitcher. After he pitched his pen today, Coach Foxhall pulled him to the side and asked his name and where he played. Needless to say we left pretty pumped. 😆

klong-dog
10-23-2021, 07:57 PM
Kin to Evan?

HoopsDawg
10-23-2021, 07:57 PM
It was a Prospect Camp. So, there wasn't any one on one instruction going on. It was set up for them to identify kids to target and for your for child to have a chance to get on their radar. The coaches generally don't say a lot and are more just observing. With that in mind, it was run well. Prospects are divided into two groups, position players and pitchers. Position players run the 60 and then go to the field for reps. Pitchers work in the pitching lab under the stadium. It lasts about 3 hours.

Coach Lemonis wasn't there. He had a minor family conflict. My best guess is there were about 75 to 100 kids ranging from 8th grade to jucos. They been running these camps just about every week since the World Series. There were several really good looking prospects.

My son is a 2025 kid. He would be in the group that was just hoping to get noticed. We've been twice. The last time he worked as a position player and this time as a pitcher. After he pitched his pen today, Coach Foxhall pulled him to the side and asked his name and where he played. Needless to say we left pretty pumped. ��

Congrats! That's awesome. What's his top velo? I would think anything around 80 is good at that age.

GeoDawg
10-23-2021, 08:48 PM
Congrats! That's awesome. What's his top velo? I would think anything around 80 is good at that age.

He's not fast at all. He's quirky with a whole lot of movement. He throws two arm slots, over the top and side arm with three legit pitches in each arm slot. Fastball, Split and Slider. His two seam runs in on right handed batters, split dives down at the plate, and slider runs away from right handers. We are hoping he can be in the mid to high 80's by the time he graduates. We'll see.