PDA

View Full Version : Rumors That Lack of NIL Opportunities Is Tanking Recruiting

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2021, 09:45 PM
That's the rumor.

Has anyone been asked to participate?

Do MSU businesses get asked to help?

Has our head coach gone to the podium like Oregeron & asked people to help?

This is the rumor yet no one seems to have much interest in communicating with people that can help

Hambone
10-21-2021, 09:49 PM
Well what do you expect when you have “cigar boys” that wouldn’t pony up before they could legally do it.

I’m not surprised.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2021, 09:52 PM
Well what do you expect when you have “cigar boys” that wouldn’t pony up before they could legally do it.

I’m not surprised.

Yeah, it's not surprising, but frustrating nonetheless. Meanwhile, the baseball team has a massive NIL deal.

The priorities are completely backwards. Makes no sense to me why we wouldn't choose to compete in football first. It literally funds the athletic department & is BY FAR the most followed sport on campus

BeardoMSU
10-21-2021, 09:53 PM
Obviously it's the faculty and staff's fault***

Tater
10-21-2021, 09:55 PM
What we need is business sponsoring each position group to generate interest. Should be a lot more restaurants than Just Moe's trying to sponsor the OL. Seems easy to me to solicit a deal where each OL group gets a free meal once a week from 7 different local restaurants to eat what they need. Same for DL.

Then there is lack of social media promotion. How many recruits even know what NIL deals we do have? We should have a 24/7 social media team producing nonstop content about these type of deals and whether or not you're actually giving a ton of money, having a high quantity of sponsorship exposure would benefit both the team and the city of Starkville. Free meals in exchange for constant social media exposure that a visible college football social media platform seems like an easy trade off.

Promote the hell out of every NIL deal no matter how small and give the appearance of high quantity booster involvement and the perception would change more than having one billionaire oil booster throw each kid $10k a year.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2021, 09:58 PM
As predicted for us. That rule will eventually result in a 20-30 team "NFL" for college football. We won't be a part of it. I doubt Ole Miss will either. Mississippi is a small market. That rule was the death blow to traditional college football, and college athletics in general. Hopefully it won't affect high school ball, which I also love. That being said it's already lead to an absolute abomination in Texas HS ball. Personally I think it all boils down to the fact that liberals hate sports in general, and college football specifically. The recent NIL crap and several other rulings were basically tailor made to destroy traditional interest in amateur college football. If I want to watch pros I will watch the REAL pros. When it comes to football I don't really want to watch pros at all, much less faux ones . I hope I'm wrong, and will be glad if I am.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2021, 09:58 PM
What we need is business sponsoring each position group to generate interest. Should be a lot more restaurants than Just Moe's trying to sponsor the OL. Seems easy to me to solicit a deal where each OL group gets a free meal once a week from 7 different local restaurants to eat what they need. Same for DL.

Then there is lack of social media promotion. How many recruits even know what NIL deals we do have? We should have a 24/7 social media team producing nonstop content about these type of deals and whether or not you're actually giving a ton of money, having a high quantity of sponsorship exposure would benefit both the team and the city of Starkville. Free meals in exchange for constant social media exposure that a visible college football social media platform seems like an easy trade off.

Promote the hell out of every NIL deal no matter how small and give the appearance of high quantity booster involvement and the perception would change more than having one billionaire oil booster throw each kid $10k a year.

Yeah, absolutely no one is communicating what is needed or how people can help

BeardoMSU
10-21-2021, 10:00 PM
Yeah, absolutely no one is communicating what is needed or how people can help

Because we're not a serious program.

Tater
10-21-2021, 10:06 PM
As predicted for us. That rule will eventually result in a 20-30 team "NFL" for college football. We won't be a part of it. I doubt Ole Miss will either. Mississippi is a small market. That rule was the death blow to traditional college football, and college athletics in general. Hopefully it won't affect high school ball, which I also love. That being said it's already lead to an absolute abomination in Texas HS ball. Personally I think it all boils down to the fact that liberals hate sports in general, and college football specifically. The recent NIL crap and several other rulings were basically tailor made to destroy traditional interest in amateur college football. If I want to watch pros I will watch the REAL pros. When it comes to football I don't really want to watch pros at all, much less faux ones . I hope I'm wrong, and will be glad if I am.

Thinking certain people being the main product of a multi-billion dollar entity and shouldn't see any of that money except bills being forgiven on debt for a college degree which everyday becomes less powerful really shouldn't be a liberal take. Just common sense. You've boogeymanned the wrong thing here.

Todd4State

Outstanding post.

OLJWales
17 every thing to death. Just 17 it all to hell cuz I can't figure this shit out. Im at the point of deciding whether spending the time researching is worth it due to the likelihood of it being bullshit anyways. 17 it.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2021, 10:07 PM
We're going to wind up about where we always wind up and with the same type players. Nothing has really changed. Sure we could
do better but nothings really changed for us. I wish we could do better too.

Todd4State
10-21-2021, 10:08 PM
That's the rumor.

This is the rumor yet no one seems to have much interest in communicating with people that can help

I'm not surprised. Our AD needs the football coach to literally hold his hand and tell him how to do things. It's ridiculous.

Talk about baseball- well that's basically what Polk did in the 80's. Showed us how to do it. That's why MSU needs a Polk type of football coach and not some offensive guru that can't recruit next time we hire a coach.

Todd4State
10-21-2021, 10:10 PM
We're going to wind up about where we always wind up and with the same type players. Nothing has really changed. Sure we could
do better but nothings really changed for us. I wish we could do better too.

I wish we would do better. We don't seem to do very well with things that are within our control. And it's absolutely frustrating.

Commercecomet24
10-21-2021, 10:10 PM
I wish we would do better. We don't seem to do very well with things that are within our control. And it's absolutely frustrating.

Yep, I agree.

OLJWales
10-21-2021, 10:17 PM
It's 17ing free advertising paid by cigar boys!!! What the living hell is so damned complicated? Just change the name-category of the expenditure from "miscellaneous" on the balance sheet to something the damn H&R Block dude can better understand. 17.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2021, 10:23 PM
I would give money to a recruit IF I knew it would help him sign with us AND if I knew he wouldn't hit the transfer portal. But it's hard for me to give money to a random football player already on the team.

And we just don't have as many deep pocket guys as everyone else in the SEC. The NIL is a net negative for us in football. No doubt about it.

BeardoMSU
10-21-2021, 10:29 PM
I would give money to a recruit IF I knew it would help him sign with us AND if I knew he wouldn't hit the transfer portal. But it's hard for me to give money to a random football player already on the team.

And we just don't have as many deep pocket guys as everyone else in the SEC. The NIL is a net negative for us in football. No doubt about it.

All that is true, but that doesn't explain our total ineptness of planning and outreach with NIL. Honestly, every school outside of the bluebloods have their respective limitations, but we're not even trying. I'm assuming we will eventually get our shit together, but we'll have to be lead by the wrist...

We're always going to be buried by the bluebloods, but now we're going to be slumped by teams who have historically been our equal or worse. wunderbar.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2021, 10:33 PM
All that is true, but that doesn't explain our total ineptness of planning and outreach with NIL. Honestly, every school outside of the bluebloods have their respective limitations, but we're not even trying. I'm assuming we will eventually get our shit together, but we'll have to be lead by the wrist...

We're always going to be buried by the bluebloods, but now we're going to be slumped by teams who have historically been our equal or worse. wunderbar.

I agree. I will say this though, it's hard to quantify how much of our poor recruiting is from NIL and how much is a result of a poor recruiting staff led by a head coach who has no desire to recruit.

OLJWales
10-21-2021, 10:33 PM

Someone on the team already not worthy? Why sign with a team Like that? Or just hope we don't give a 17 about our reputation ? STATE will 17 you once inked?

Leeshouldveflanked
10-21-2021, 10:35 PM
Fire Cohen

BeardoMSU
10-21-2021, 10:36 PM
I agree. I will say this though, it's hard to quantify how much of our poor recruiting is from NIL and how much is a result of a poor recruiting staff led by a head coach who has no desire to recruit.

No doubt.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2021, 10:40 PM
Should work out for us....I was told Leach prefers the 2 stars since that's what he's always won with. **

RezDog7
10-21-2021, 10:50 PM
That's the rumor.

What other schools are killing it with NIL deals right now?

Jack Lambert
10-21-2021, 11:21 PM
Someone just needs to set up a 501c foundation. (Might be another tax code) Start asking for donations. It would be a tax right off to the donor. The foundation can make who ever they want to be employees and pay them what they want out of the foundation money. I think every politician has one and the foundation get millions in contributions every year. The best part they name their wives employees and pay them millions. Or they do like the Clinton's and named thier daughter. Set one up and make football players employees.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2021, 11:51 PM
Thinking certain people being the main product of a multi-billion dollar entity and shouldn't see any of that money except bills being forgiven on debt for a college degree which everyday becomes less powerful really shouldn't be a liberal take. Just common sense. You've boogeymanned the wrong thing here.

Lol at that. A college degree has even more financial power now, provided you major in something that will provide an actual return on investment. I have recent family experience with that. As for college athletes, they get a free education. Provided they use that opportunity wisely it's a DAMN good deal. That is their "deal", they get a free education in exchange for playing a GAME. It absolutely pisses me off at the, " they ain't getting paid crowd". They ain't getting paid my ass. They are getting paid a full college education in return for playing a damn game, no matter the sport, that many would play for free just to get to play it at that level.

Todd4State
10-22-2021, 12:19 AM
Lol at that. A college degree has even more financial power now, provided you major in something that will provide an actual return on investment. I have recent family experience with that. As for college athletes, they get a free education. Provided they use that opportunity wisely it's a DAMN good deal. That is their "deal", they get a free education in exchange for playing a GAME. It absolutely pisses me off at the, " they ain't getting paid crowd". They ain't getting paid my ass. They are getting paid a full college education in return for playing a damn game, no matter the sport, that many would play for free just to get to play it at that level.

The reality is right or wrong they can get paid now. And if I was MSU I would try to jump at the opportunity.

Activated Alpha
10-22-2021, 12:42 AM
I mean he ain?t wrong though, the left has been clamoring for football players to be paid like the pros for over a decade now

Dawgtini
10-22-2021, 12:46 AM
Yeah, it's not surprising, but frustrating nonetheless. Meanwhile, the baseball team has a massive NIL deal.

The priorities are completely backwards. Makes no sense to me why we wouldn't choose to compete in football first. It literally funds the athletic department & is BY FAR the most followed sport on campus

Come on mane! Being in the S E C funds the athletic department. Everything else is peanuts.

Tater
10-22-2021, 02:50 AM

It's really not anymore. Tuition at State alone has gone up over 50% in the past ten years. Student Loan debt cripples everyone, even engineers and doctors. And State is on the cheap end of the spectrum. Most of these football players aren't going to have the ability to take advantage of an engineering degree "Wisely" (read: do a co-op rotation), so they're missing out on experience that helps get them actual jobs. Then the wages don't really pay enough to see dividends for selling your body for over 40 hours a week for a job as a football player.

Your problem is that you think it's a privilege to work as a football player when it's a job that generates billions. Probably think if we had fry-cook olympics, McDonald's employees should be happy to work for McDonalds waiving the debt to train them to be the best Fry-cook. Absolutely insulting line of thinking. Anyone who would "play it for free" doesn't have to worry about bills to pay. I couldn't pursue any club sports or intramurals while in college because I was on my own dime at State. Damn sure couldn't afford to play for free. If you ever were wondering what privilege and echo chamber thinking looks like, what the big liberal boogeyman could possibly be talking about, it's that right there. That's a privilege not extended to everyone.

Play for free, my ass.

Tater
10-22-2021, 02:52 AM
I mean he ain?t wrong though, the left has been clamoring for football players to be paid like the pros for over a decade now

He ain't wrong about that. But to act like it's somehow a bad thing that they clamored for people to get paid for the job they are doing with fair compensation is the type of take by people who took a big fat L in the 1860s.

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2021, 07:02 AM
fact that liberals hate sports in general, and college football specifically. The recent NIL crap and several other rulings were basically tailor made to destroy traditional interest in amateur college football. m.

Nah, the liberals eat up the "rich men making money off free labor" narrative. So, they pass legislation to try to right a perceived wrong. However, like always, their perspective and legislation is backwards, short sighted and will ruin things for everyone in the end.

SilentSteel16
10-22-2021, 07:09 AM
Come on mane! Being in the S E C funds the athletic department. Everything else is peanuts.

I believe Brunswick proved this, that the SEC is the main part. But hey, don’t let facts cloud the judgement. Sometimes you just have to let em talk. I really do believe the NIL deal is going to be the downfall of an already broken system. Going to eventually be like the AFL and NFL before to long.

ShotgunDawg
10-22-2021, 07:24 AM
What other schools are killing it with NIL deals right now?

Mizzou landed a 5 star yesterday due to NIL & Kentucky is doing some good things are well.

KOdawg1
10-22-2021, 07:43 AM
I said when all this came out that, like everything else in CFB, Mississippi State would be the last to adapt and take advantage of this. But I was told that MSU was "ready" for it and had people in place to get us rolling. Even Steve said it.

As we can see, that was a lie.

msstate7
10-22-2021, 07:50 AM
Leach hasn't recruited well anywhere. Maybe that's the connection

Ifyouonlyknew
10-22-2021, 07:51 AM
Mizzou landed a 5 star yesterday due to NIL & Kentucky is doing some good things are well.

The Missouri kid is from St. Louis who they convinced to stay home & be a face of the franchise. It wasn't as simple as due to NIL. We're selling Trevion Williams & Jaheim Oatis on doing the same & staying Instate.

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2021, 07:52 AM
It's really not anymore. Tuition at State alone has gone up over 50% in the past ten years. Student Loan debt cripples everyone, even engineers and doctors. And State is on the cheap end of the spectrum. Most of these football players aren't going to have the ability to take advantage of an engineering degree "Wisely" (read: do a co-op rotation), so they're missing out on experience that helps get them actual jobs. Then the wages don't really pay enough to see dividends for selling your body for over 40 hours a week for a job as a football player.

Your problem is that you think it's a privilege to work as a football player when it's a job that generates billions. Probably think if we had fry-cook olympics, McDonald's employees should be happy to work for McDonalds waiving the debt to train them to be the best Fry-cook. Absolutely insulting line of thinking. Anyone who would "play it for free" doesn't have to worry about bills to pay. I couldn't pursue any club sports or intramurals while in college because I was on my own dime at State. Damn sure couldn't afford to play for free. If you ever were wondering what privilege and echo chamber thinking looks like, what the big liberal boogeyman could possibly be talking about, it's that right there. That's a privilege not extended to everyone.

Play for free, my ass.

So..... you admit going to MSU is expensive and college debt cripples. However you still believe the players play for "free"?

Anyways.... I guess the fry cook at McDonald's should make 6 figures because the franchise owner does. **

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2021, 07:55 AM
I said when all this came out that, like everything else in CFB, Mississippi State would be the last to adapt and take advantage of this. But I was told that MSU was "ready" for it and had people in place to get us rolling. Even Steve said it.

As we can see, that was a lie.

It can be true that the school is ready on their end. The school acts as a clearing house to make sure that the NIL deals that students are presented with meet state and and NCAA requirements.
The school can also not be "involved" in organizing NIL deals.

So, as usual, this falls on the organizational ability of the program to communicate with the cigar boys on how to play the game. And as we all know, that has never been a strength.

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2021, 08:00 AM
The best hope for all this, is that businesses realize that player nil deals have little to no ROI. Rattler at Oklahoma and King at Miami for example. Also John Rice Plumlee has like 3 different deals. What's the point?

Maybe people just like to throw money at athletes because it makes them feel involved. However at some point people will realize they aren't selling one more widget regardless where Johnny football plays or much he plays.

MaroonFlounder
10-22-2021, 08:12 AM
We pay our coach 5M per year for measly results, but can't take care of our student athletes when it is finally legal.

We are MState.

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2021, 08:19 AM
One more thing.... why is it MSUs fault? I thought one of the main points of this nil was the ability to freelance without punishment. Oklahoma's Punter has 22k subscribers on YouTube because he does game day vlogs. States players need to take some initiative.

OLJWales
10-22-2021, 08:33 AM
The Missouri kid is from St. Louis who they convinced to stay home & be a face of the franchise. It wasn't as simple as due to NIL. We're selling Trevion Williams & Jaheim Oatis on doing the same & staying Instate.

What stopped others from matching or exceeding St Louis money?

The companies ain't paying fair market advertising money are they? Isn't it just mostly "money laundering" for the most part tween cigar boys & bidnesses?

WinningIsRelentless
10-22-2021, 08:45 AM
How many of y?all bitching have offered players NIL deals? If you haven?t shut the hell up about it.

If you are going to say you don?t have a business it cost like 50 bucks to create a LLC and run it thru that. We have the biggest bunch of crybabies that have to be spoon feed everything and that?s our biggest problem!

MaroonFlounder
10-22-2021, 08:53 AM
How many of y?all bitching have offered players NIL deals? If you haven?t shut the hell up about it.

If you are going to say you don?t have a business it cost like 50 bucks to create a LLC and run it thru that. We have the biggest bunch of crybabies that have to be spoon feed everything and that?s our biggest problem!

Post your LLC info and how much it offers in deals for student athletes.

Tripp McNeely
10-22-2021, 09:04 AM
Someone just needs to set up a 501c foundation. (Might be another tax code) Start asking for donations. It would be a tax right off to the donor. The foundation can make who ever they want to be employees and pay them what they want out of the foundation money. I think every politician has one and the foundation get millions in contributions every year. The best part they name their wives employees and pay them millions. Or they do like the Clinton's and named thier daughter. Set one up and make football players employees.

Spectacular idea! I tried to suggest this (much less eloquently) to Lee Van Horn's group! This would generate millions!

Ifyouonlyknew
10-22-2021, 09:04 AM
What stopped others from matching or exceeding St Louis money?

The companies ain't paying fair market advertising money are they? Isn't it just mostly "money laundering" for the most part tween cigar boys & bidnesses?

Contrary to popular belief this isn't always about kids getting up front money. If I can present to you a plan on how being the big man in your home state of Missouri is more lucrative than being 1 of 10-15 All Americans at Bama then it's not that difficult.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-22-2021, 09:06 AM
Spectacular idea! I tried to suggest this (much less eloquently) to Lee Van Horn's group! This would generate millions!

You can make donations. The problem is right now they're only available to baseball. Basketball & football deals with VanHorn are coming so donations will be allowed & accepted.

OLJWales
10-22-2021, 09:12 AM
Contrary to popular belief this isn't always about kids getting up front money. If I can present to you a plan on how being the big man in your home state of Missouri is more lucrative than being 1 of 10-15 All Americans at Bama then it's not that difficult.

Still doesn't answer the question where the $ is ACTUALLY coming from, no?

Homedawg
10-22-2021, 09:13 AM

He's not the one(s) complaining. His point is valid.

Captain Falcon
10-22-2021, 09:26 AM
We picked a bad year to have a boring football team with very little star power.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-22-2021, 09:32 AM
Still doesn't answer the question where the $ is ACTUALLY coming from, no?

If you're paying a kid in recruiting it's still coming from under the table like always. That hasn't changed.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-22-2021, 09:34 AM
We picked a bad year to have a boring football team with very little star power.

That's what people don't understand. We don't have any stars. A Nick Fitzgerald, Kylin Hill, or even Jon Abram would've make good money with NIL deals. Our best 2 players are an OL & a CB from Pensacola that most couldn't pick out of a lineup.

StarkVegasSteve
10-22-2021, 09:37 AM
Spencer Rattler, D'Eriq King, and DJ Uiagalelei are scaring a lot of companies off from making NIL deals. I mean hell DJ is on everyone's tv every Saturday on a Dr. Pepper commercial and his team isn't even in the Top 25. Rattler has more cars than TDs this year and King is already out for the year.

OLJWales
10-22-2021, 09:54 AM
If you're paying a kid in recruiting it's still coming from under the table like always. That hasn't changed.

So cigar $ ain't going to those bidnesses to cover marketing and advertising "costs"?

I'm thinking maybe the Missouri deal developed due to the athlete's local appeal gives a bidness incentives to chip in versus an Alabama bidness where the athlete is not as well known?

WinningIsRelentless
10-22-2021, 09:57 AM

I?m not one of the one?s bitching. I?m 33 with three kids and student loans so I don?t have the income. But I?m not complaining about what someone else does with their money. If I had the income I would easily create a LLC and help out and wouldn?t ask for help. Just damn do it.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2021, 10:02 AM

Yeah I think some folks think the school is responsible for the nil but that's not true. The school doesn't pay the players or act as agent.

StarkVegasSteve
10-22-2021, 10:25 AM
Yeah I think some folks think the school is responsible for the nil but that's not true. The school doesn't pay the players or act as agent.

That's something else that people have a misconception of. The school isn't reaching out to businesses or individuals. Those people have to reach out to the university to let them know they'd like to pursue an NIL deal.

OLJWales
10-22-2021, 10:37 AM

Would be interesting to know what percentage of "Bobby Bowden Network Slush Fund" $ comes from average Joe Blow fans like me vs Fat Cats who pull strings. If the latter, your post is quite harsh. If not, good point.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2021, 10:47 AM
That's something else that people have a misconception of. The school isn't reaching out to businesses or individuals. Those people have to reach out to the university to let them know they'd like to pursue an NIL deal.

Exactly. I think people think the school is supposed to market the players but that's not how this works.

gtowndawg
10-22-2021, 10:50 AM
So is a day coming where people donate more to some NIL fund than the Bulldog Club? If it really gets better players I'd rather donate to the NIL fund.

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2021, 11:10 AM
That's something else that people have a misconception of. The school CAN'T REACH out to businesses or individuals. Those people have to reach out to the university to let them know they'd like to pursue an NIL deal.

FIFY - NIL is going to be much more about booster organization and execution. The schools are just serve as a compliance clearing house.

Commercecomet24
10-22-2021, 11:13 AM
FIFY - NIL is going to be much more about booster organization and execution. The schools are just serve as a compliance clearing house.

This

Dawgology
10-22-2021, 11:27 AM
Our recruiting is woefully disorganized. Terrible

AROB44
10-22-2021, 11:53 AM
Our recruiting is woefully disorganized. Terrible

Nothing new about that.....been that way for years.

confucius say
10-22-2021, 12:07 PM
That's the rumor.

Who communicated this rumor to you?

confucius say
10-22-2021, 12:12 PM
I?m not one of the one?s bitching. I?m 33 with three kids and student loans so I don?t have the income. But I?m not complaining about what someone else does with their money. If I had the income I would easily create a LLC and help out and wouldn?t ask for help. Just damn do it.

Going to need you to be true maroon. Get a second job and find the NIL 😂

BrunswickDawg
10-22-2021, 12:29 PM
Going to need you to be true maroon. Get a second job and find the NIL ��

Get that third mortgage on the trailer and sell your wife's boyfriends prosthetic leg, we need us some WR!

Maverick91
10-22-2021, 12:41 PM
Ight, I got dis. I will step in, I have 500 in Vcash. Where do I send this to make some stuff happen? If that is not enough well then the free education, free food, free housing, free travel, free clothing, free tutoring, free exposure and whatever else they get to play a wonderful game should be enough.

WinningIsRelentless
10-22-2021, 12:42 PM
Get that third mortgage on the trailer and sell your wife's boyfriends prosthetic leg, we need us some WR!

Going to need you to be true maroon. Get a second job and find the NIL 😂

How about the owners of elitedawgs create a fund we can all donate to that goes to NIL deals for players. I think 17 TSUN Fund by THE Elitedawgs sounds good. I would donate a 100 a month for it.

confucius say
10-22-2021, 12:45 PM
How about the owners of elitedawgs create a fund we can all donate to that goes to NIL deals for players. I think 17 TSUN Fund by THE Elitedawgs sounds good. I would donate a 100 a month for it.

I'm in for 100 a month too.

I think we could raise 5k a month easy. Then have 5 players a month do a QandA on here and pay them 1k each for it.

TrapGame
10-22-2021, 01:15 PM

I'm down with this too.

Tripp McNeely
10-22-2021, 01:15 PM

Fantastic idea! I'm in!

WinningIsRelentless
10-22-2021, 01:20 PM
I'm in for 100 a month too.

I think we could raise 5k a month easy. Then have 5 players a month do a QandA on here and pay them 1k each for it.

Forget q&a just have them take a picture with a custom shirt on and post it on social media. Make it super easy for them.

WinningIsRelentless
10-22-2021, 01:35 PM
Forget q&a just have them take a picture with a custom shirt on and post it on social media. Make it super easy for them.

Do a tshirt a month that people can order and find someone to drop ship them. Another way to raise funds for the cause. Have the athletes wear the shirt of the month and post on social media. Pay them 500 a month plus split 50% of the profit with everyone who was that month athlete. One defense starter one offense starter one defense 2nd teamer one offense 2nd teamer and 5th person could be a special teamer or true freshman that doesn?t fall in the above.

bulldawg28
10-22-2021, 01:40 PM
I think Shotgun made this entire thread up to melt over recruiting again like he does every year. We have 5 to 6 spots left but we're struggling... please

Commercecomet24
10-22-2021, 01:41 PM

Sounds like a great idea. Someone make this happen.

AROB44
10-22-2021, 02:56 PM

Where is your decimal? Is that 100.00 or 1.00 per month?

Tater
10-22-2021, 04:28 PM
So..... you admit going to MSU is expensive and college debt cripples. However you still believe the players play for "free"?

Anyways.... I guess the fry cook at McDonald's should make 6 figures because the franchise owner does. **

It's a pretty simple story we've seen play out over history.

I, as lord of the manor, enter into contract with you, serf, to work on my land. In exchange for your labor I will give you the scraps of my food and the rotten shed housing as housing. You should be grateful as I have deemed them supremely expensive and the rental rates go up 10+% per year. I set the price, there is no negotiation, and you have no other option to continue this path. I don't care if you only need 3 years to get to the NFL which discriminates on age (with good reason imo, but still a valid criticism).

Do you see how un-American that sounds? How close to slavery that strikes?

The fry cook should make enough to live without fear of homelessness and be comfortable if he works for 40+ hrs a week. This isn't a zero sum game. The owner can pay a decent wage or his business can fail. We're slowly seeing that be the case across america.

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2021, 04:48 PM

I, as lord of the manor, enter into contract with you, serf, to work on my land. In exchange for your labor I will give you the scraps of my food and the rotten shed housing as housing. Y.

Here is an example of the sheds and table scraps the poor poor souls enjoy and receive..... my gosh, the players are dumpster diving for food at the 7:15 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDKW_6Bh_QQ

TUSK
10-22-2021, 05:28 PM

I, as lord of the manor, enter into contract with you, serf, to work on my land. In exchange for your labor I will give you the scraps of my food and the rotten shed housing as housing. You should be grateful as I have deemed them supremely expensive and the rental rates go up 10+% per year. I set the price, there is no negotiation, and you have no other option to continue this path. I don't care if you only need 3 years to get to the NFL which discriminates on age (with good reason imo, but still a valid criticism).

Do you see how un-American that sounds? How close to slavery that strikes?

The fry cook should make enough to live without fear of homelessness and be comfortable if he works for 40+ hrs a week. This isn't a zero sum game. The owner can pay a decent wage or his business can fail. We're slowly seeing that be the case across america.

Lemme guess... You just stepped outta one of them "Hyperbolic Chambers", didn'tcha?

Rawdawg
10-22-2021, 05:57 PM
There?s a lot coming for football and basketball with Van Horn towards the end of the year. Everyone needs to chill out. NIL will be taken care of.

Tater
10-22-2021, 09:17 PM
Lemme guess... You just stepped outta one of them "Hyperbolic Chambers", didn'tcha?

Im off a bean, got me going super saiyan

FriarsPoint
10-22-2021, 11:16 PM
So is a day coming where people donate more to some NIL fund than the Bulldog Club? If it really gets better players I'd rather donate to the NIL fund.

This is an excellent question. Surprised no one else picked up this yet. For your sidewalk alumni schools, I?m sure it won?t be a problem. But for us, it will make a difference. IMO, I think it?s the next step in the evolution of all this. I would imagine the Bulldog Club money would go to fund non-revenue sports scholarships and NIL would take care of your big 3. But, BC donations are no longer tax deductible.

Interesting times indeed.

Personally, I don?t like NIL. Friend of mine is a past president of the local UA alum chapter. He told me the numbers he got from Tuscaloosa for one player over a 4 to 5 year period was in the neighborhood of half a million per player when you include everything. Training, nutrition, room and board, tutors, books, equipment, everything. So it?s not like this is a labor exploitation situation.

Tater
10-23-2021, 08:56 AM
Here is an example of the sheds and table scraps the poor poor souls enjoy and receive..... my gosh, the players are dumpster diving for food at the 7:15 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDKW_6Bh_QQ

That's cool and all but paying each player equally instead of relative to their value seems like communism to me. Weird how I'm the liberal for wanting a freer market and conservatives think that ruining this communism and introducing a free market would cause the system to further a gap between haves and have-nots.

There's a lesson here, but it's gameday so you can learn it tomorrow. **** Vandy.