PDA

View Full Version : LSU/Manning

Gutter Cobreh
10-20-2021, 09:34 PM
Wonder if the LSU coaching change allows for them to pursue Arch Manning?

How many tears would the RebelBearShark fans cry if Kiffen takes over and Manning commits to the Tigers???

Tripp McNeely
10-20-2021, 10:19 PM
Smart people have to be in Kiffin's ear telling him that the time to go is now! With Corral leaving, he's not gonna have this kind of success that he's having this year for awhile. So, you better strike while the iron is hot and get LSU or Miami, etc. If they are 6-6 next year (which is the likely best scenario) his "shine" is gonna be way off.

Todd4State
10-20-2021, 10:39 PM
Maybe. I wouldn't rule it out at this point. It really all depends on who LSU hires.

Since the Manning's have zero ties to LSU him going somewhere else isn't too shocking for LSU fans.

Gutter Cobreh
10-20-2021, 11:16 PM
Smart people have to be in Kiffin's ear telling him that the time to go is now! With Corral leaving, he's not gonna have this kind of success that he's having this year for awhile. So, you better strike while the iron is hot and get LSU or Miami, etc. If they are 6-6 next year (which is the likely best scenario) his "shine" is gonna be way off.

Similar to Mullen w/ Dak.

Maybe. I wouldn't rule it out at this point. It really all depends on who LSU hires.

Since the Manning's have zero ties to LSU him going somewhere else isn't too shocking for LSU fans.

I don't follow recruiting, but would the gap be too large for them to makeup if they make a splash hire that is offensive minded??? Are the bonds being made now too much to overcome? I realize the family doesn't have ties, but the kid has grown up in the state. Have to imagine that most, if not all, of those that live in Louisiana pull for LSU. Or am I wrong on that?

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2021, 05:23 AM
If Kiffen leaves, Ole Miss will hire whomever Cooper and Archie tells them to hire to land Arch.

Cooper has always been the most vocal of the Manning's regarding his rooting interest, Ole Miss.

This weekend of kissing Eli's ass is all about maintaining the relationship with the Manning family.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-21-2021, 06:39 AM
If Kiffen leaves, Ole Miss will hire whomever Cooper and Archie tells them to hire to land Arch.

Yep. If Kiffin leaves, the new coach will be approved by the Mannings.

OLJWales
10-21-2021, 06:51 AM
Why has Arch not named the glory holers in his top 3? Or has he updated of late?

basedog
10-21-2021, 08:47 AM
Rumors are the Oklahoma QB will transfer out and Ole Dixie is one of the schools he would look at.

AROB44
10-21-2021, 09:16 AM
Rumors are the Oklahoma QB will transfer out and Ole Dixie is one of the schools he would look at.

you mean his isn't looking to play in the airbone?

basedog
10-21-2021, 09:19 AM
you mean his isn't looking to play in the airbone?

I think he doesn't like the rep thing over and over**

Hambone
10-21-2021, 09:23 AM
I think Texas is the odds on favorite for Manning sweepstakes.

OLJWales
10-21-2021, 10:06 AM
Prediction: Manning INC. gives no public indication then flipmas.

parabrave
10-21-2021, 10:42 AM
He going to be a bulldog. Eastside Bulldog though.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-21-2021, 10:48 AM

Where did you see this rumor??? On a message board? I haven't seen that rumor anywhere but there.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2021, 10:55 AM
I think he doesn't like the rep thing over and over**

Kiffin is already actively recruiting the Richardson kid from Florida.

I?m told that Kiffin at the bears is not helping them with arch.

If he leaves, that could help them with his recruitment.

basedog
10-21-2021, 12:33 PM
Where did you see this rumor??? On a message board? I haven't seen that rumor anywhere but there.

I read it on some sports page, said his best "choices" Bearsharks, Vols and Georgia.

SailingDawg
10-21-2021, 12:56 PM
Did Coop go to Old Mrs?

defiantdog
10-21-2021, 01:03 PM
Smart doesn't miss out on too many recruits he actively goes after..... He's going to UGA.

OLJWales
10-21-2021, 01:04 PM
Did Coop go to Old Mrs?

Yep but an illness ended it.

Todd4State
10-21-2021, 10:05 PM
Similar to Mullen w/ Dak.

I don't follow recruiting, but would the gap be too large for them to makeup if they make a splash hire that is offensive minded??? Are the bonds being made now too much to overcome? I realize the family doesn't have ties, but the kid has grown up in the state. Have to imagine that most, if not all, of those that live in Louisiana pull for LSU. Or am I wrong on that?

I think the Manning's are still open minded at this point. His leader has changed several times.

LSU was one of those leaders early on after they won a National Championship so I think anything is possible with this next coaching cycle coming up.

MoreCowbell
10-21-2021, 10:12 PM
I read it on some sports page, said his best "choices" Bearsharks, Vols and Georgia.

Arizona State is main school being mentioned

OLJWales
10-21-2021, 10:23 PM
17 what 3rd parties say, Manning Inc ain't got OM mentioned as far as public direct quotes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

HaggardDawg
10-22-2021, 12:13 PM
$100 says the Manning?s will be consulted about who the next coach at LSU will be

Todd4State
10-22-2021, 12:40 PM
$100 says the Manning?s will be consulted about who the next coach at LSU will be

They might be consulted although I kind of doubt it. But if they are they aren't going to have much of a say in it.

Now if Kiffin leaves Ole Miss then yes.

But even then I'm not sure that they want him going there to 7-5, 7-6, and 10-3 like Eli did. I think Arch wants to go somewhere that he can win a National Championship. That's why honestly I think he goes to either Alabama or Georgia and that's what it eventually comes down to.

Maroonthirteen
10-22-2021, 01:14 PM
I'd bet he goes to OM or Someone that does not have OM on the schedule every year. Not Bama or LSU.

HaggardDawg
10-22-2021, 02:40 PM
They might be consulted although I kind of doubt it. But if they are they aren't going to have much of a say in it.

Now if Kiffin leaves Ole Miss then yes.

But even then I'm not sure that they want him going there to 7-5, 7-6, and 10-3 like Eli did. I think Arch wants to go somewhere that he can win a National Championship. That's why honestly I think he goes to either Alabama or Georgia and that's what it eventually comes down to.

I think the Manning?s are reasonable people. Not to sound cheesy but I really think they value a coach who develops men?s on and off the field snd one with character ala Cutcliffe. There?s very few coaches that fit that mold. Saban is one, Dabo maybe. Kiffin ain?t one and for that reason alone I think OM is out. My money is on Bama.

Dak Holliday
10-23-2021, 06:18 PM
I will say, I flipped the game on when we got home from soccer and I can tell you, they chose the perfect weekend for Arch?s visit. His last name across the end zones, his uncle being honored with his granddad, and a big win over LSU. OM put its best foot forward. I can?t believe how that would?ve been as a recruit. Hopefully he doesn?t want to play in their shadows🤞.