PDA

View Full Version : Trey Carter - 4* DE

Big4Dawg
11-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Trey Carter (http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Trey-Carter-35304/RecruitInterests) visited this weekend. He's a 4 star DE from Texas. Offers from Texas, Ok State, OU, Miami, Arizona. You get the picture.

Apparently he had a great time:

"Oh, man it was awesome," said Carter of his visit. "I had a great time and they all showed me and my family a great time.

"I loved everything about it."

"Mississippi State is right where they need to be," said Carter with a chuckle. "That's all I can really say.

"I am not ready to delete anybody from the picture or name any leaders, but Mississippi State is right where they need to be with me.

"I have family in Vicksburg and in Jackson too, so that is something I am going to think about.

"My grandmother lives in Vicksburg."

We look to be in good shape.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the info....sounds like we had a great response overall.

I just saw on twitter where Jamoral Graham said "MSU should have beaten Bama last night. Them boys better be ready for next year though". So apparently Jamoral is fully on board. That is great news to me

engie
11-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Great news... Be tremendous if we start recruiting La and Texas like we could. Next year has potential to be a tremendous DL class for us...

Some talk out there right now that Moton is telling LSU insiders that he didn't actually commit to us -- so who knows?

Coach34
11-17-2013, 04:21 PM
I can check on Moton this week

Big4Dawg
11-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Molton probably got caught up in the moment. No one has been able to contact him yet. Also, Staley (QB commit) said he feels good about both Trey and Reed. Said he feels they may be close to both committing. His family and Trey's family hung out and their dad's swapped numbers.

DCdawg
11-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Anyone hear anything about Marlon Humphrey's visit? Wondering what he thought.

MarketingBully01
11-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Was a great game for defensive recruits to see and even offensive recruits as I would assume they would believe with their help we could have beaten Bama. Personally, I am on the fire Mullen bandwagon now but after the showing last night and how close we were to upsetting them should have made for a great recruiting atmosphere. That and the crowd was electric on the TV. If we can get Dak back, we will finish the year 7-6.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Was a great game for defensive recruits to see and even offensive recruits as I would assume they would believe with their help we could have beaten Bama. Personally, I am on the fire Mullen bandwagon now but after the showing last night and how close we were to upsetting them should have made for a great recruiting atmosphere. That and the crowd was electric on the TV. If we can get Dak back, we will finish the year 7-6.

I personally don't understand how anyone can be on the fire Dan Mullen bandwagon right now.

I totally understand how you could be if we lose to ARK and or OM, but after last night, you seriously think that, if the season ended today, we need a change?

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 05:22 PM
I personally don't understand how anyone can be on the fire Dan Mullen bandwagon right now.

I totally understand how you could be if we lose to ARK and or OM, but after last night, you seriously think that, if the season ended today, we need a change?

we lost. Bama played pitiful and we still lost. Our offense(Dan's specialty) was awful. Yes, I am still on the HUD train!

engie
11-17-2013, 05:31 PM

Why would you think that game would be enough to sway the non-roller coaster fans one way or another? It looked almost exactly like 2011 to me. Glad the effort was back -- but coaching style and mistakes basically guarantees we will never win a game like that under Mullen. I've seen no improvement on these things since 2009 and no reason to believe they are going to fix themselves anytime soon. That's the part that I'm most down on

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Why would you think that game would be enough to sway the non-roller coaster fans one way or another? It looked almost exactly like 2011 to me. Glad the effort was back -- but coaching style and mistakes basically guarantees we will never win a game like that under Mullen. I've seen no improvement on these things since 2009 and no reason to believe they are going to fix themselves anytime soon. That's the part that I'm most down on

This is how I feel too.

was21
11-17-2013, 05:39 PM
delete

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 05:50 PM

Well said.

MarketingBully01
11-17-2013, 06:01 PM
This is exactly how I feel what Engie said and after that performance last night it made me realize we will never get the wins we got under Sherrill with Mullen. He just doesn't have it in him to win those type of games. Alabama basically gave us that game and played the worst game they have played under Saban and they still beat us by two scores. That should tell you something.

I hate to say it but that is a great parallel between how poorly LSU played against Ole Miss this year. They won their statement game. We didn't. We had a 4-1 advantage in the turnover game and that was similar to what LSU had against Ole Miss. I was a Dan supporter until that game last night when I realized no matter what happens and who is playing he won't win those games.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 06:04 PM

You make fair points, well said. After last night, and barring losing to Ark and or OM, I believe Mullen deserves a spring and season with HIS style of QB, and a chance to fix these problems that are simple to correct.

I realize he has short comings, but the players play hard for him, and schemes are solid.

Barring a disaster, I believe he deserves one more year with some sort of win or be gone ultimatum.

msstate7
11-17-2013, 06:06 PM

TR being our qb guaranteed we were gonna lose. We can't run the ball against good teams with him out there. For us to take bama to the 4th quarter with no qb and kicker is a credit to our defense and coaching staff IMO. Bama didnt play well on offense bc we played so well on defense. To say bama just didnt play well against air is incorrect. We forced them to play bad IMO

Jack Lambert
11-17-2013, 06:09 PM
we lost. Bama played pitiful and we still lost. Our offense(Dan's specialty) was awful. Yes, I am still on the HUD train!

You are wrong. Bama played good we just made them look bad by forcing turn overs. Our guys striped the ball twice and made good plays on good passes and intercepted the ball. So don't let your Mullen hate take away what our defense was able to do.

Jack Lambert
11-17-2013, 06:10 PM
This is exactly how I feel what Engie said and after that performance last night it made me realize we will never get the wins we got under Sherrill with Mullen. He just doesn't have it in him to win those type of games. Alabama basically gave us that game and played the worst game they have played under Saban and they still beat us by two scores. That should tell you something.

I hate to say it but that is a great parallel between how poorly LSU played against Ole Miss this year. They won their statement game. We didn't. We had a 4-1 advantage in the turnover game and that was similar to what LSU had against Ole Miss. I was a Dan supporter until that game last night when I realized no matter what happens and who is playing he won't win those games.

This is not the same SEC west that JWS faced every year.

Dawgfan77
11-17-2013, 06:13 PM
We love us some moral victories at MSU while our rival actually wins games ie LSU. Great news about crutin but it's really nothing that HUD couldn't pull in. I guess I'm in the minority as I'm more on get rid of Dan band wagon after last night. Bama gift wrapped that game for us With thise 4 TO. We will finish 4-8 due to the great QB recruiting over last 5 years

msstate7
11-17-2013, 06:14 PM

Lsu = bama? Really? I thought bama was the 2-time defending national champs with a coach that didnt allow let downs

MarketingBully01
11-17-2013, 06:28 PM
It's the same concept. 2nd and 1 at the two with no points. 1st and 10 at Alabama's 30 and 28 and no points? That wasn't the same Bama team that won 2 straight titles. We were moving the ball on them too but didn't make the plays to win the game. Heck scoring a TD when we had it 2nd and 1 at the 2 would have made a huge difference in that game. The parallels are similar. LSU played like crap against Ole Miss and Ole Miss beat them. Alabama gave us their D game and beat us by two scores. We should have won last night but instead are making excuses why we lost...

MarketingBully01
11-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Oh and Cadaver I was wrong you were right. Even if we don't turn it over against USC two weeks ago, we still would have found a way to lose. After last nights performance, I am almost certain of it.

BulldogBear
11-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Lsu = bama? Really? I thought bama was the 2-time defending national champs with a coach that didnt allow let downs

We dang near beat the 2 best teams on our schedule and guess what? neither was LSU. We blew that one and they played lights out. They headed for 8-4 and fanbase will go apesh*t calling for Les to be fired if they lose bowl game. Not that many of their fanbase have any connection to the university nor have set foot in Louisiana beyond that Mardi Gras trip when they were 20. ***

blacklistedbully
11-17-2013, 09:39 PM

Dan finally lost me this year because he keeps insisting on having TR in with just Perk and running a read option with Perk up the middle or TR keeping on 3rd & short. I just can't abide that much stupidity. Yes, he has shown some adjustment over the past 2 games, but too little, too late for me. We are wasting far too many plays every game, and have lost games we might have won but for 1 or 2 plays.

Madkinmecrazy
11-17-2013, 09:44 PM

Couldn't agree more. This team has heart but not experience. We're getting there, and it looks like we might be getting some of these young guys to sustain a little success. We had a huge miss in recruiting a couple of years ago and we're feeling it now but I think we will recover.

Mullen is doing a great job. I know this is a results business and we're 4-6 right now, but we have a very competitive team who is so close to doing something special. I'm not proud of the fact that we haven't beaten a ranked team this year, but I am proud of the fact that we played several of the best teams in the country very well. I think Mississippi State football is in a good place with potential to grow into being great. There is no reason to make a coaching change.

hells bells
11-17-2013, 09:51 PM

Bama played bad. No, Bama was got punched in the mouth you dumb ass.

Bothrops
11-17-2013, 10:02 PM

I will be on that bandwagon if we lose to Arkansas. No excuse to lose to Arkansas!!! We will win it and then prepare for Eggbowl.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 10:07 PM
I will be on that bandwagon if we lose to Arkansas. No excuse to lose to Arkansas!!! We will win it and then prepare for Eggbowl.

Exactly

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-17-2013, 10:12 PM

This is a dumb comparison. You really are trying to equate LSU to Alabama? Alabama is more than likely going to finish 13-0 and play in the NCG. LSU is going to finish with 4 regular season losses and end up in the Chick-Fil-A/Gator Bowl. Last year we were a 8 win SECW team. Were we a signature win for anyone? Good talk- see you out there.

engie
11-17-2013, 10:54 PM
This is a dumb comparison. You really are trying to equate LSU to Alabama? Alabama is more than likely going to finish 13-0 and play in the NCG. LSU is going to finish with 4 regular season losses and end up in the Chick-Fil-A/Gator Bowl. Last year we were a 8 win SECW team. Were we a signature win for anyone? Good talk- see you out there.

So, do we then compare it to our home performance against LSU?

DownwardDawg
11-17-2013, 10:59 PM

I agree with Cadaver, very well said. Mullen did enough for me to "lay off" him by getting them to play with relentless effort again. However, the coaching is still the same. I'll support him until the end, but I would do cartwheels if we hired Hud at the end of the season.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2013, 11:01 PM

I'm just curious, when did you change? What was it that made you change your mind? Are you on the Hud train or are you just wanting a change at HC?

Coach34
11-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Cant speak for anyone else, but my decision will be based on these last 2 games

HoopsDawg
11-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Cant speak for anyone else, but my decision will be based on these last 2 games

Same here.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Sure. If you switch Mettenberger's performance in the two games, we probably win that one. I am just not ok with someone picking out one game, and using it to try to prove their agenda.

engie
11-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Sure. If you switch Mettenberger's performance in the two games, we probably win that one. I am just not ok with someone picking out one game, and using it to try to prove their agenda.

Yet you are doing the same thing in your scenario...