PDA

View Full Version : Tigerdroppings

Dawgsfanalongtime77
10-20-2021, 07:51 AM
(A buddy of mine sent me a copy of this post of their board. Mind boggling.)
LSU is one of the best coaching jobs in the U.S.
Posted by crawdaddy717 on 10/19/21 at 7:10 am
We can have any coach we want with the possible exception of Saban and Smart. So why is our minority president demanding the hiring of Mel Tucker, a minority and wholly unproven candidate

HancockCountyDog
10-20-2021, 07:56 AM
(A buddy of mine sent me a copy of this post of their board. Mind boggling.)
LSU is one of the best coaching jobs in the U.S.
Posted by crawdaddy717 on 10/19/21 at 7:10 am
We can have any coach we want with the possible exception of Saban and Smart. So why is our minority president demanding the hiring of Mel Tucker, a minority and wholly unproven candidate

Yikes

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 08:06 AM
Yikes

Double yikes.

Outside of the racism, the "with the possible exception of Saban and Smart" is especially LOLZ.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2021, 08:12 AM
Bad choice of words but he might have been referring to the idea that the reason they are considering him is because he's a minority not that he is good enough to do the job. Don't know. In todays world I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

Coach34
10-20-2021, 08:21 AM
They thought that last time and ended up with Orgeron.

Tucker is technically unproven but he comes from the Saban tree and is doing a good job this season. That's why his name is out there.

LSU wants a splash and they may be SOL. Firing a guy less than 2 years after winning a Natty doesnt help their cause.

HancockCountyDog
10-20-2021, 08:25 AM
They thought that last time and ended up with Orgeron.

Tucker is technically unproven but he comes from the Saban tree and is doing a good job this season. That's why his name is out there.

LSU wants a splash and they may be SOL. Firing a guy less than 2 years after winning a Natty doesnt help their cause.

I think Kiffin wants the job - he wants to get on the national stage and that job gives him the opportunity to do that. It gives him a pipeline to talent that only 3-4 jobs in the country have access to.

They would love him there. Bonus is that it gets him out of oxford.

I think they may make a run at Urban as well. Woodward can sell people on how it worked for Bama and Saban and Urban wants out of Jacksonville badly.

If they end up with Aranda or Tucker, those will be solid hires but not what the fan base wants.

TrapGame
10-20-2021, 08:31 AM
I think Kiffin wants the job - he wants to get on the national stage and that job gives him the opportunity to do that. It gives him a pipeline to talent that only 3-4 jobs in the country have access to.

I think they may make a run at Urban as well. Woodward can sell people on how it worked for Bama and Saban and Urban wants out of Jacksonville badly.

If they end up with Aranda or Tucker, those will be solid hires but not what the fan base wants.

If Kiffin leaves OM for LSU the meltdown will be glorious.

Coach34
10-20-2021, 08:32 AM
Kiffin has a chance- but his rep for chasing tale almost kills his chance as well. That's one of the reasons O is gone.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 08:41 AM
Kiffin has a chance- but his rep for chasing tale almost kills his chance as well. That's one of the reasons O is gone.

He's a single guy now, and surprisingly he's kept a low profile in Oxford.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
10-20-2021, 08:57 AM

I agree. Kiffin seems the logical choice. Will need to change his catchphrase however. Better get your corndogs ready. I think Franklin could get the USC job.

confucius say
10-20-2021, 09:03 AM

So does that mean the same for urban?

Jack Lambert
10-20-2021, 09:08 AM
He's a single guy now, and surprisingly he's kept a low profile in Oxford.

It took four years before we found out about Freeze and whore cracking pecker.

confucius say
10-20-2021, 09:11 AM
Double yikes.

Outside of the racism, the "with the possible exception of Saban and Smart" is especially LOLZ.

There are some LSU beat guys who have said this week that the new president, Tate, wants a minority hire. Jordy Culotta for one. If that is true and I'm a fan of LSU I would not be happy if that is one of the top criterion. Same way if it a criterion was for the coach to be white or a man. Just give me the best person for the job. I don't care if it's an Asian transgendered male.

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2021, 09:16 AM
he might have been referring to the idea that the reason they are considering him is because he's a minority not that he is good enough to do the job. Don't know. In todays world I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

Listen to the Jurdy Cullotta interview on Out of Bounds from yesterday. Cullota says the President wants a minority candidate.

Johnson85
10-20-2021, 09:35 AM
There are some LSU beat guys who have said this week that the new president, Tate, wants a minority hire. Jordy Culotta for one. If that is true and I'm a fan of LSU I would not be happy if that is one of the top criterion. Same way if it a criterion was for the coach to be white or a man. Just give me the best person for the job. I don't care if it's an Asian transgendered male.

If that's really true, he needs to be fired. Even if you want a minority hire, why would you let that info out and immediately undermine your next head coach if he does end up being a minority. The first information anybody has about the coaching search is that merit wasn't the first consideration? Just 17ing stupid info to let out.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 09:40 AM

It may be true, I suppose, but I really doubt it is. Considering they've just tasted a NC, and Ed O has sucked since...they want one thing: to win again. They will want to hire a guy that will win them games. Now if that candidate happens to be black, and they can get some form of "good will", I suppose that would be a positive, but I can't imagine that is even remotely a top priority of their administration.

I feel this type of rumor is the similar to how message board folks here gossip about John Cohen, or others about their AD's, coaches, etc. They make up some reason/excuse for things, and run with it.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 09:40 AM
It took four years before we found out about Freeze and whore cracking pecker.

Lol, good point. They are masters at covering "things" up.

StarkVegasSteve
10-20-2021, 09:41 AM
If Lane wants that job then he needs to keep his mouth shut and out of the spotlight for the remainder of the season. Which is going to be pretty much impossible for him. My money right now is on Arranda being the hire if he can guarantee a top notch OC.

Coach34
10-20-2021, 09:43 AM
If Lane wants that job then he needs to keep his mouth shut and out of the spotlight for the remainder of the season. Which is going to be pretty much impossible for him. My money right now is on Arranda being the hire if he can guarantee a top notch OC.

If Arranda gets it they missed on 4-5 guys

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 09:52 AM

Agreed. I think they want an offensive minded guy.

TrapGame
10-20-2021, 09:55 AM

No doubt.

Aranda shouldn't be on the short list at all.

bulldawg28
10-20-2021, 10:11 AM
If they want a minority Franklin is the guy.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 10:15 AM
If they want a minority Franklin is the guy.

And he'll jive perfectly with their Title IX philosophies, lol.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-20-2021, 10:28 AM

I don't buy this at all....Since when has LSU gave a damn about morals? They would hire LK in a heartbeat

confucius say
10-20-2021, 10:31 AM
It may be true, I suppose, but I really doubt it is. Considering they've just tasted a NC, and Ed O has sucked since...they want one thing: to win again. They will want to hire a guy that will win them games. Now if that candidate happens to be black, and they can get some form of "good will", I suppose that would be a positive, but I can't imagine that is even remotely a top priority of their administration.

I feel this type of rumor is the similar to how message board folks here gossip about John Cohen, or others about their AD's, coaches, etc. They make up some reason/excuse for things, and run with it.

Maybe so. Just to be clear, that's not a rumor or something I started. That was a direct statement by Culotta on the radio yesterday. Where he got that info, I don't know. But he isn't the only LSU personality saying it.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 11:11 AM
Maybe so. Just to be clear, that's not a rumor or something I started. That was a direct statement by Culotta on the radio yesterday. Where he got that info, I don't know. But he isn't the only LSU personality saying it.

Ah, I see. Good to know.

TrapGame
10-20-2021, 11:12 AM
I don't buy this at all....Since when has LSU gave a damn about morals? They would hire LK in a heartbeat

Children with cancer can vouch for that.

StarkVegasSteve
10-20-2021, 11:25 AM

Exactly. I think a lot of the coaches that are being mentioned(Tucker, Fickell, Stoops, etc.) are going to use this opening to get pretty substantial raises. I think Franklin goes west to USCw.

PGHBulldogBG
10-20-2021, 12:11 PM
Franklin to USCw makes most sense, but USCw might go NFL route. Aranda and Tucker are both doing well this year, but if LSU hires one of them it seems a bit desperate as there is not enough data to show if they can maintain success. I?m surprised Lincoln Riley isn?t getting more publicity for this job.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 12:29 PM
Franklin to USCw makes most sense, but USCw might go NFL route. Aranda and Tucker are both doing well this year, but if LSU hires one of them it seems a bit desperate as there is not enough data to show if they can maintain success. I?m surprised Lincoln Riley isn?t getting more publicity for this job.

I'm thinking Riley's next gig will be NFL.

Dak Holliday
10-20-2021, 02:07 PM
LSU desperately wants 2019. they want Joe Brady. I think they back a Brinks truck up and make him all out refuse them. That will be their first choice, IMO.

RezDog7
10-20-2021, 02:50 PM
If it's Aranda, does Baylor come after Leach?

Johnson85
10-20-2021, 02:55 PM

Oklahoma is still a blue blood. I'd much rather be at LSu with the access they have to talent, but for people without an SEC bias, I'm not sure if LSU looks like an obvious upgrade.

Why is Matt Campbell not getting any interest? Winning at a good clip at an awful ISU program. Seems like there would be people after him.

MedDawg
10-20-2021, 03:03 PM

LSU should definitely hire Beth Mowins for head football coach. Anything to get her off the air.

schddog72
10-20-2021, 06:13 PM
LSU should definitely hire Beth Mowins for head football coach. Anything to get her off the air.

THIS - IN TRIPLICATE!!

Mjoelner34
10-20-2021, 07:03 PM

Saltydog
10-20-2021, 07:19 PM

If you really want to check all the boxes you need a Hispanic/Native American/African American/Asian mix female (that identifies as a male or vice versa) that's a disabled veteran and member of BLM (with a cajun accent)...Now, there's your perfect candidate and in this day and age it's all some people look at.....I could give a shit less if we hired a hair lipped Mexican with one leg as long as we win.....