PDA

View Full Version : So are they in or out? I'm talking our #1 and #2 QBs.....

Goat Holder
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM
The intel I hear is saying both out for the year. Williams has a bright future, but if he starts the last two games it might be bad enough to get Mullen fired.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm confused. Bonner just tweeted that Mullen expects both to be available at Arkansas, but Dan says "he's no doctor" though.

Will James
11-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Seems like Merlin has himself a nice little excuse ready to go if 4-8 occurs.

Coach34
11-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Admin saying he doesn't need one- he's returning

Quaoarsking
11-17-2013, 04:25 PM
I think we still beat Arkansas with Williams. They're really bad, and all those drops made Williams look much worse last night.

If Derunnya doesn't drop that TD we'd all be singing Williams' praises right now for coming in as a true freshman against Alabama and closing the gap to 20-14.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2013, 04:32 PM
I think we still beat Arkansas with Williams. They're really bad, and all those drops made Williams look much worse last night.

If Derunnya doesn't drop that TD we'd all be singing Williams' praises right now for coming in as a true freshman against Alabama and closing the gap to 20-14.

This is so true. So true. We would all (myself included) be saying that the true freshmens did something that TR couldn't do. Orchestrate a TD drive. Fumbling into the endzone and relying on a OL to recover it doesn't count. It would be advantage Williams. Wilson has got to catch that 17'n pass!!!!!

MarketingBully01
11-17-2013, 04:33 PM
He is a true freshman. We gained a total of five yards on all the series he was in. He couldn't move the ball very well against Alcorn or Troy when he was in those games. We need Dak and Tyler back desperately. He may be good in time but depending on him the last two games would be disasterous.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 04:41 PM
He is a true freshman. We gained a total of five yards on all the series he was in. He couldn't move the ball very well against Alcorn or Troy when he was in those games. We need Dak and Tyler back desperately. He may be good in time but depending on him the last two games would be disasterous.

I thought Williams looked pretty good against Alcorn (granted it was Alcorn), he was 8-13 for over 100 yards, and ran 5 times for 30 yards. He did have a pick, and I can't remember if it was a bad pass, tipped ball, or what...but not bad for his first outing. I think we could beat Arkansas with Damien.

http://www.hailstate.com/fls/16800/stats/fb/2013/ms0907.htm?ATCLID=209252961&SPSID=90889&SPID=10997&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=16800

maroonmania
11-17-2013, 04:42 PM

If all we have is Williams we should all prepare for 4-8. The kid has potential but he is clearly not ready yet.

MarketingBully01
11-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Those are okay stats but he really didn't lead us on very many scoring drives at all in either game in the second half. I think we only scored what 14-17 points?

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Those are okay stats but he really didn't lead us on very many scoring drives at all in either game in the second half. I think we only scored what 14-17 points?

Yea. He's far from great, and I dont think we have any chance of beating OM with him...but maybe Ark. Hopefully we don't have to find out

cbrunt29
11-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Yea. He's far from great, and I dont think we have any chance of beating OM with him...but maybe Ark. Hopefully we don't have to find out
Amen to that. We REALLY need Dak to be healthy

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 05:43 PM
News im hearing is that Tyler will be probable for arky and Dak doubtful.. The thought is keep dak doubtful until gametime against OM and he comes out starting!!

hells bells
11-17-2013, 07:13 PM
The intel I hear is saying both out for the year. Williams has a bright future, but if he starts the last two games it might be bad enough to get Mullen fired.

What the hell is wrong with Tyler?

War Machine Dawg
11-17-2013, 07:29 PM

Appeared to get hurt on the sack he took last night. Possibly his shoulder, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was his knee that he keeps hurting.

Coach34
11-17-2013, 07:32 PM

he is soft

Op4isabitch
11-17-2013, 07:36 PM
I thought it was his arm, when he slapped at the defender that intercepted his pass, Ha Ha Clinton Dix I believe it was, he looked to hyper extend his elbow. If you rewatched it look at that play and as soon as it happens he reaches for his elbow. Didn't look bad on T.V but only Tyler knows how much it hurts and how it affects his throwing motion.

I'm betting he is ready to go against Arkansas.

cbrunt29
11-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Anyone think we beat OM with Tyler? I'm pretty confident we would with Dak but what if he's still hurt?

Jack Lambert
11-17-2013, 08:00 PM

Well if he is going to be the starter he will get all the snaps this week and that will help a lot. I am pretty sure he did not think that he would have to take over during the game. He was probably thinking I might get in but not to take over and it was in the biggest game of the year against the number 1 team in the country. Maybe gettin thrown into the fire last night did more good then we could imagine. He will be much more prepared if he is the starter.

BogeyGolfer
11-17-2013, 08:02 PM
UM but we would need our D to play similar to last night to win with Tyler. Tyler should be able to beat Upig but who knows? I think it will be a very close game Saturday. Our D Line must play well to stop Ark from running with their very good backs. Their QB should not be able to beat us.

cbrunt29
11-17-2013, 08:07 PM
UM but we would need our D to play similar to last night to win with Tyler. Tyler should be able to beat Upig but who knows? I think it will be a very close game Saturday. Our D Line must play well to stop Ark from running with their very good backs. Their QB should not be able to beat us.
Agreed about our D. If our defense plays like they did last night over the next 2 games we'll beat Arky no problem and be right there with Ole miss no matter who the qb is

hells bells
11-17-2013, 08:07 PM
he is soft

Coach34 hit the nail on the head. Time to get tuff TR.

whosyourdawgy
11-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Has Tyler not taken a pounding in games this year and last and hung in there. You 17s are terrible fans of a school. If you for a minute think Tyler didn't want to be in the game at the end you are a 17ing fool. Tyler has done nothing to deserve any of the bashing he has gotten hear and SPS and it is frankly embarrassing that our supposed fans are doing this. You'd think we lived in 17ing Philly.

Dawg61
11-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Tyler should try pitching in baseball. He has a great arm if he stands still but can not do anything else involved with being a quarterback. As soon as he has any contact or has to perform anything athletic he will injure himself. But if he is a pitcher in baseball he can avoid his downsides completely. Just use his arm. I bet he could throw some 95mph gas.

Thick
11-17-2013, 09:08 PM
I thought it was his arm, when he slapped at the defender that intercepted his pass, Ha Ha Clinton Dix I believe it was, he looked to hyper extend his elbow. If you rewatched it look at that play and as soon as it happens he reaches for his elbow. Didn't look bad on T.V but only Tyler knows how much it hurts and how it affects his throwing motion.

I'm betting he is ready to go against Arkansas.

Go back and watch the replay, TR never gets his arm fully extended to get hurt on that play....he's a *****! I'm sitting there watching it with a former teammate and there's no way that play injured him. Hell, I've seen waterboys tougher then that!

cheewgumm
11-17-2013, 09:15 PM
I feel confident with Williams. He has looked good, and gasp...I'm one of the ones who thiniks we should part with *******, but Mullen should get credit for that. Dude is a true freshman and in my mind threw a TD pass(drop by Wilson) to pull us wihtin 7, when he probably had little practice this week.

Madkinmecrazy
11-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Has Tyler not taken a pounding in games this year and last and hung in there. You 17s are terrible fans of a school. If you for a minute think Tyler didn't want to be in the game at the end you are a 17ing fool. Tyler has done nothing to deserve any of the bashing he has gotten hear and SPS and it is frankly embarrassing that our supposed fans are doing this. You'd think we lived in 17ing Philly.

Couldn't agree more. Sitting back and armchair quarterbacking injuries is just ridiculous. Tyler is getting pounded this year and is going to play if he and the trainers think he is able. He has the talent to play in the NFL, and not even trying to taking advantage of the chances he gets would be completely counterintuitive. He's going to play through anything to get out there.

Sitting back and bashing people who you think are "soft" just because they get "hurt" because they aren't being "protected" properly by the offensive "linemen" is childish.

He isn't soft, he's getting destroyed by defenses when he gets in there. He seems to be pretty terrible at taking hits, but maybe he is just injury prone, not soft.

War Machine Dawg
11-17-2013, 09:16 PM

Welcome, Mrs. Russell.

Tyler asked to be removed from the game. Unless doctors forced him out, do you think McCarron, Murray, Mettenberger, Shaw, Manziel, Mariota, Dak, etc. would ever come out of a game? Hell no. And they DAMN SURE wouldn't ask to be removed from the game. TR is soft. This isn't something that is just now being said in the wake of a loss to Bama. C34 & I both have been saying it for probably more than a year now. It's there to be seen, if you want to open up your eyes and see it.

cheewgumm
11-17-2013, 09:19 PM
True....people give the benefit of the doubt to who they like (like Mullen), but speculate that Tyler is faking and call him a ***** without batting an eye. I think Dak is gonna be great, but he's prone to TOs too. They all have flaws.

Couldn't agree more. Sitting back and armchair quarterbacking injuries is just ridiculous. Tyler is getting pounded this year and is going to play if he and the trainers think he is able. He has the talent to play in the NFL, and not even trying to taking advantage of the chances he gets would be completely counterintuitive. He's going to play through anything to get out there.

Sitting back and bashing people who you think are "soft" just because they get "hurt" because they aren't being "protected" properly by the offensive "linemen" is childish.

He isn't soft, he's getting destroyed by defenses when he gets in there. He seems to be pretty terrible at taking hits, but maybe he is just injury prone, not soft.

Coach34
11-17-2013, 09:25 PM

Just what the hell do you think soft is?

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 09:26 PM
I kinda have to disagree about Russell being "soft". Now, I will admit that I didn't see anything that should have injured him on that play, but for the last few years I have seen Russell stand in the pocket and get absolutely rocked while delivering passes accurately. This is coming from the president of Team Dak too. Russell may be injury proned, and he may be frustrated this season...but "soft" is extreme IMO. He may be fragile, but he's not soft in the fact that he's scared to take a hit. He will take a damn hit. Not to mention, I think it's shitty to call out a player that has stuck with this shit hole of an offense for 5 years.

Again, I don't think Russell should play, and most here know that I think he is the opposite of what this offense needs at QB...but calling the guy that has been getting rocked for 4 years "soft"? Come on, mane. We're better than that.

It's one thing to call out a coach making millions, but another to call out a guy that has put the team before himself. Now, if we find out that he truly faked an injury to come out of the game...then I agree. But nobody knows that for sure. Just my $.02

Barking 13
11-17-2013, 09:32 PM
If williams has to go they better start posihing the diamond with Nick, Jrob, and Shump. And Bear and Tubby better catch it when it's thrown to them... better still, throw it up and just go get it..

Madkinmecrazy
11-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Just what the hell do you think soft is?

I define it as someone who is faking an injury.

I don't know how hurt Tyler is, but I have confidence in him that he is playing if he is able. THis macho-mentality that everybody can play through anything, without even knowing the specifics of the injury, is just plain dumb. I have a suspicion that you are just trying to get everyone riled up and you don't even believe that. If we don't want Russell hurt, or hell, even faking hurt - then we better find a way to protect his ass. He's been getting rocked every game for the last 4 years and not everyone is immune to injury like yourself.

Op4isabitch
11-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Go back and watch the replay, TR never gets his arm fully extended to get hurt on that play....he's a *****! I'm sitting there watching it with a former teammate and there's no way that play injured him. Hell, I've seen waterboys tougher then that!

I'm not arguing that fact, it just appears that is the only thing that could have happened.

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Welcome, Mrs. Russell.

Tyler asked to be removed from the game. Unless doctors forced him out, do you think McCarron, Murray, Mettenberger, Shaw, Manziel, Mariota, Dak, etc. would ever come out of a game? Hell no. And they DAMN SURE wouldn't ask to be removed from the game. TR is soft. This isn't something that is just now being said in the wake of a loss to Bama. C34 & I both have been saying it for probably more than a year now. It's there to be seen, if you want to open up your eyes and see it.

hahahaha!! I was thinking the same thing.

Coach34
11-17-2013, 09:51 PM
I define it as someone who is faking an injury.

Then you dont know what "soft" is

Soft is someone that doesnt like to get hit, doesnt like contact, and gets hurt frequently

Someone who fakes injury is a coward

Madkinmecrazy
11-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Soft is someone that doesnt like to get hit, doesnt like contact, and gets hurt frequently

Agreed. I may have rushed the definition a bit.

Of those aspects of your definition of hurt, I think that the only one that applies to Tyler is the last. He doesn't shy away from hits, often to his detriment. If he could be out there I'm sure he would.

4Dawgs4Life
11-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Can't believe some if the things that get moderated on this board but it's ok to call a young man who has taken a beating for his school a pvssy. This is ridiculous and unnecessary. No wonder our fan base gets called necks!

Russell was praised by national media last year for his pose and toughness in the pocket last year. Tell you what get your sorry fat asses out there and take a beating for 12 games like Russell did last year and see if you don't become gun shy. Fvck ing idiots.

Even OM fans talked last year with respect on how tough Russell was. F y'all he's a bulldog and we begged Mullen to get him. He has played his heart out for MSU

Shouldn't be a surprise though since I heard a moderator from this board praised the near death of an OM student in Austin. They may be rivals and all but have some class. This praising injuries and such and calling players pvssies is ridiculous!

Dawg61
11-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Why do you keep spelling ***** with a v?

Bothrops
11-17-2013, 10:37 PM

I agree with your second paragraph. But Arkansas has enough tools to beat us, esp with an inexperienced qb.

hacker
11-17-2013, 10:42 PM
Why do you keep spelling ***** with a v?

He's referring to the *****'s twin brother, the "pfffffssy"

PendingTransaction
11-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Tyler is soft? Dak is soft? Relf is soft? All three MSU QBs got injuries that affected their ability to play. Whats the common thread? Pussies? No. It a 2004 version of the spread offense that makes your QB a damn running back. Defenses have long figured out how to stop this version. LBs are taller and faster. The spread has to incorporate "hurry up." Hell, I thought Mullen figured that out 3 years ago when he went to Oregon for help. The Mullen-offense will keep HIS style QB at Columbus Orthopedics.

DawgsBite34
11-17-2013, 11:06 PM
I just love all the insiders on here that know everything......you'd think with all the ''im hearing this and that'' that we would all know a lot more than we actually do, have a teammate on the team, he himself said that while Dak was hurt last night he is not out for the year. I know its only 2 hopefully 3 games left but still. Pretty confident the Dak Attack is not done for the year

Dawg61
11-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Tyler is soft? Dak is soft? Relf is soft? All three MSU QBs got injuries that affected their ability to play. Whats the common thread? Pussies? No. It a 2004 version of the spread offense that makes your QB a damn running back. Defenses have long figured out how to stop this version. LBs are taller and faster. The spread has to incorporate "hurry up." Hell, I thought Mullen figured that out 3 years ago when he went to Oregon for help. The Mullen-offense will keep HIS style QB at Columbus Orthopedics.

This in spades! Hurry up the ****ing offense Mullen. If Oregon, Baylor or Auburn snaps the ball as slow as MSU their offenses wouldn't be nearly as effective. We need our OC to spend here till next spring in Waco or Eugene till he can learn how to get the ball snapped with 20+ seconds left on the play clock.

hells bells
11-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Then you dont know what "soft" is

Just watched the play back on CSS. Really having problems with the TR situation Saturday night Coach. I ain't seeing it brother. With that said I was in the stands, not the field.

Coach34
11-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Just watched the play back on CSS. Really having problems with the TR situation Saturday night Coach. I ain't seeing it brother. With that said I was in the stands, not the field.

I dont want to believe that he just got mad and gave up after the interception. So I'm gonna just go with that he is soft and keeps getting hurt on little stuff.

Dawg61
11-18-2013, 12:02 AM
I dont want to believe that he just got mad and gave up after the interception. So I'm gonna just go with that he is soft and keeps getting hurt on little stuff.

He got butthurt and tapped out in his last ever chance to beat Bama leaving the game to a deer in headlights freshman. Way to be a Senior Captain TR.

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 12:26 AM
He got butthurt and tapped out in his last ever chance to beat Bama leaving the game to a deer in headlights freshman. Way to be a Senior Captain TR.

Hey your telling the truth about a player on a message board but its kinda mean so you should be insulted and shit on for it******

cheewgumm
11-18-2013, 02:54 AM
So our potential recruits will get pissed if people talk about the coach, but will have no problem if we call a sr QB a ***** when he gets hurt?

drunkernhelldawg
11-18-2013, 11:09 AM
This is a new era in injury precaution. Care is taken to prevent making injuries worse. This thread is disgusting.

Madkinmecrazy
11-18-2013, 11:12 AM
So our potential recruits will get pissed if people talk about the coach, but will have no problem if we call a sr QB a ***** when he gets hurt?

Couldn't agree more. Talk about our coach gets censored to keep things civil, but some are on here claiming that our QB is a ***** because he gets destroyed by defenses every time he gets in the game. Some people really need to reevaluate their perspectives....

mek34
11-19-2013, 05:03 PM
I think both will be back and like has already been stated we beat Ark regardless of the QB

Political Hack
11-19-2013, 05:06 PM
based on what I've heard I think Dak is likely back and TR is likely out, although "they don't know yet" is the most accurate answer.

Homedawg
11-19-2013, 05:23 PM
I just love all the insiders on here that know everything......you'd think with all the ''im hearing this and that'' that we would all know a lot more than we actually do, have a teammate on the team, he himself said that while Dak was hurt last night he is not out for the year. I know its only 2 hopefully 3 games left but still. Pretty confident the Dak Attack is not done for the year

He would be right in the sense he isn't having surgery and it is possible that he can play again this year. However, he might be wrong if Dak can't take a snap bc he can't raise his shoulder, then he won't play. As of now, he wouldn't play if the game were today. So I wish I could share in your confidence but it's nothing more than a hope. Maybe he can play Saturday. Maybe he can thanksgiving. Or it's possible it's after that before he is better. Thus the day to day.