PDA

View Full Version : You guys are so predictable

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Remember last week how I was criticized when I said that Mullen either needed to get blown out or win because if we lost a close game, he would be criticized heavily.

Some of you guys don't have a clue and completely lack any perspective.

You make this awesome board lose a little more credibility every time you post. So predicable.

By the way, there is no such thing as a perfect coach. Saban even made a Dumbass decision last night when he accepted the penalty near the goal line that gave us 3rd down over again and a better angle at a field goal. Just because the decision worked out for him doesn't mean it was the right decision. That decision could have cost Bama dearly. You never give any team an extra down inside the 10 yard line. No perfect coaches fellas.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Well for what it's worth, Mullen reeled me back in a lot last night. If we continue to play that hard I'm all in. I just want him to get some of the play calling figured out and for God's sake fix the ST's!!!!!

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Remember last week how I was criticized when I said that Mullen either needed to get blown out or win because if we lost a close game, he would be criticized heavily.

You make this awesome board lose a little more credibility every time you post. So predicable.

What the hell are you talking about?

Everything I have seen is pretty positive after last night...but it was still a loss. What the hell do you people want? Im hoping you aren't talking about me, bc I've been about as positive as I can be after a loss.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Well for what it's worth, Mullen reeled me back in a lot last night. If we continue to play that hard I'm all in. I just want him to get some of the play calling figured out and for God's sake fix the ST's!!!!!

Exactly.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 04:00 PM
You've been good today Cadaver, but if you read around, you'll see that many still don't have a freaking clue.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM
You've been good today Cadaver, but if you read around, you'll see that many still don't have a freaking clue.

I see both sides of it. On one hand we played Bama a great game...that's a huge positive. On the other hand, we still lost and we still saw a lot of the same personnel and play calling issues, plus poor special teams.

So while the effort and overall game was a positive....the 2 areas of the game that Mullen has his hands directly on, were the 2 that were the worst last night. Therefore it's a bitter sweet thing.

Personally, I give Dan more credit than blame last night, and I haven't been able to say that since Troy. Keep that effort up and I will be fully on board with Mullen going forward. I just hate that we have to anxiously await the graduation of Russell and Perkins so that two of his biggest flaws will be eliminated from happening every game. His stubbornness is frustrating.

Overall, it's just a so-so feeling because we played great, but actually had a chance to upset them if we make a few plays. I'm as pleased as possible after a loss. I feel better about this loss than I did after the wins over UK and BG, ha.

I seen it dawg
11-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Shotgun you make the same post about 10 times a day. Granted I appreciate your homerism and love for State sports but it's the same thing over and over and over with you. You have zero room calling anyone or any group of people out.

was21
11-17-2013, 04:15 PM
The irony that I see is a scenario where Mullen may be working on an exit strategy (for whatever reason) and the rumored golden boy is not interested, then State is going to be caught between a rock and a hard place. Dan will not be viewed as damaged goods as a coach but State will be put in an unfavorable light. I hope everybody will just get behind the coaching staff and the team for the next two weeks. A lot may come to light in that time period. With two QB's questionable at present, it is further complicated. If he stays, he definitely needs to give up ST responsibility. If he can't see that need, then I'm really disappointed. Guess I have all kinds of mixed thoughts about it, so call me crazy or simply ignore my post.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Shotgun you make the same post about 10 times a day. Granted I appreciate your homerism and love for State sports but it's the same thing over and over and over with you. You have zero room calling anyone or any group of people out.

Did you ever consider that it's because I know what I'm talking about?

There are also others on this board that make the same posts 10 times a day that lack any perspective and only see things in black and white and wins and losses, which is about the most uneducated viewpoint you can have.

I seen it dawg
11-17-2013, 04:19 PM

There are also others on this board that make the same posts 10 times a day that lack any perspective and only see things in black and white and wins and losses, which is about the most uneducated viewpoint you can have.

Not one time.

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 04:19 PM

By the way, there is no such thing as a perfect coach. Saban even made a Dumbass decision last night when he accepted the penalty near the goal line that gave us 3rd down over again and a better angle at a field goal. Just because the decision worked out for him doesn't mean it was the right decision. That decision could have cost Bama dearly. You never give any team an extra down inside the 10 yard line. No perfect coaches fellas.

Asking for 8-10 wins and playing the best personnel while recruiting better is considered wanting "perfection"? We must have the most laid back perfectionists in the history of man kind on this board.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2013, 04:23 PM
I see both sides of it. On one hand we played Bama a great game...that's a huge positive. On the other hand, we still lost and we still saw a lot of the same personnel and play calling issues, plus poor special teams.

So while the effort and overall game was a positive....the 2 areas of the game that Mullen has his hands directly on, were the 2 that were the worst last night. Therefore it's a bitter sweet thing.

Personally, I give Dan more credit than blame last night, and I haven't been able to say that since Troy. Keep that effort up and I will be fully on board with Mullen going forward. I just hate that we have to anxiously await the graduation of Russell and Perkins so that two of his biggest flaws will be eliminated from happening every game. His stubbornness is frustrating.

Overall, it's just a so-so feeling because we played great, but actually had a chance to upset them if we make a few plays. I'm as pleased as possible after a loss. I feel better about this loss than I did after the wins over UK and BG, ha.

Dude, I agree with every damn word of your post. I was about to highlight your 2nd paragraph, then I read the 3rd one, then I read the 4th one. Great post. We are 2 of the biggest Hud fans but I think we see potential in Mullen. Potential.....gotta graduate Perkins and Russell so we can move forward. Strange situation.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;88967]Asking for 8-10 wins and playing the best personnel while recruiting better is considered wanting "perfection"? We must have the most laid back perfectionists in the history of man kind on this board.[/QUOTE

Has nothing to do with perfection. Has to do with perspective and awareness of time and place.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Not one time.

Love when people hide their affection. I know you have at least half a brain.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Shotgun, we love you man! I think you need a hug....or a beer.

MarketingBully01
11-17-2013, 04:42 PM
We missed a 23 yard field goal. We caught a Bama team that played their worst game since Saban had been at Alabama. The only bright spot I saw last night was our defense played up to our ability and the OL played like we know they are capable of. Special teams killed us and our offense killed us. Tyler played great in spots but when we needed him and our defense gave us opportunities Tyler told coach he couldn't go so we depended on a true freshman with obvious results and that is the game. Alabama tried to give us that game but we said no we have our own problems. When we needed to make a play (2nd and 1 from the 2) we still have no clue how to get it in with Tyler. When we needed an easy field goal we miss it. Like I said, the positives are the defense and the OLine, crowd, and atmosphere. Negatives were the other two phases special teams and offense. We desperately need Dak back.

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Todd4State;88967]Asking for 8-10 wins and playing the best personnel while recruiting better is considered wanting "perfection"? We must have the most laid back perfectionists in the history of man kind on this board.[/QUOTE

Has nothing to do with perfection. Has to do with perspective and awareness of time and place.

So, 8-10 wins is asking too much? With this schedule, 3-1 OOC, and 4-4 in the SEC (wins over Kentucky, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and an upset) and a bowl win.

I also feel like I have a very good perspective on who our best players are- and the fact that not all of them are playing is concerning to say the least.

Dawgface
11-17-2013, 05:55 PM

Some of you guys don't have a clue and completely lack atime you post.

What irks me more are the self proclaimed experts who get on here and act like they have all the answers. And starts a new thread telling everyone they are clueless. What a joke.

maroonmania
11-17-2013, 06:04 PM

Let's be clear, we played great on DEFENSE last night. We still called some bonehead plays for having TR in there, didn't execute in the red zone and our STs still were very bad in FG kicking and punt returns especially. And those are the areas (offense and special teams) that Mullen has the most influence over. Last night's game didn't do a lot positively or negatively for me and I've already said that unless we have a deal in place to bring in Hud I'm fine with sticking with Mullen for the time being. I'm very pleased Mullen hasn't lost the team and we gave great effort but our execution at critical times is still severely lacking. I know we didn't have Dak but we were still playing with a 5th yr SR QB. You know my thought went back to the LSU-OM game where everyone was saying "why can't a good SEC team play that poorly against us?". Well Alabama DID last night. That is by FAR the worst offensive game AL has played all year. We finished a +3 in turnovers against the #1 team and still didn't have a real chance to win at the end of the game. So right now OM is by no means elite but they are good enough to take advantage when a team better than them does not play well, it appears we are not able to do that.

bluelightstar
11-17-2013, 06:17 PM

Good Lord this is ironic

Radddawg
11-17-2013, 06:33 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

Everything I have seen is pretty positive after last night...but it was still a loss. What the hell do you people want? Im hoping you aren't talking about me, bc I've been about as positive as I can be after a loss.

Does this mean you'll stop accusing me of being Megan Mullen every time I say something positive about CDM and his staff ?

Vandownbytheriver
11-17-2013, 06:38 PM
I still want his ass gone. Moral victories don't count for shit.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Does this mean you'll stop accusing me of being Megan Mullen every time I say something positive about CDM and his staff ?

Not if your comments are dumb, false, lack perspective, or anything else that makes them worthy of calling out.

And I would expect the same from others towards me if I deserved it. Why don't you just prove your points instead of whining about it like this? Everyone either needs to lighten up or toughen up

The Croom Diaries
11-17-2013, 06:50 PM

You're just asking for folks to tune you out with that mess. Let your opinions do the talking. Don't go around telling people how great you are, that's the giant red flag that tells folks you are just looking for affirmation.

BulldogBear
11-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Saban's worst showing was losing to ULM in Tuscaloosa not last night. Even when we make otherwise excellent points/observations we sound a bit foolish for a moment when we make those kind of categorically exclusive statements that just simply aren't true. In fact, it was a bit of a surprise to me that Bama DID show up to play last night and got b*tch slapped by our defense on more than a few plays. We simply could not or would not do what it took on offense to beat them. at times the wrong personel and/or play calls kept us at bay, not to mention Lewis being in Little Rock already in the 4th qtr. Dropped 3 straight with game on line late in 4th qtr inside Bama 25 yd line. Where was he? I have almost nothing negative to say about Lewis and Wilson, but they killed us at the end with not catching balls that hit them right in hands. Those are not on Williams.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
I see that Bama team as well as our defense that gave us a ton of opportunities to win and our offensive and special teams coach fell flat on his face

DownwardDawg
11-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Saban's worst showing was losing to ULM in Tuscaloosa not last night. Even when we make otherwise excellent points/observations we sound a bit foolish for a moment when we make those kind of categorically exclusive statements that just simply aren't true. In fact, it was a bit of a surprise to me that Bama DID show up to play last night and got b*tch slapped by our defense on more than a few plays. We simply could not or would not do what it took on offense to beat them. at times the wrong personel and/or play calls kept us at bay, not to mention Lewis being in Little Rock already in the 4th qtr. Dropped 3 straight with game on line late in 4th qtr inside Bama 25 yd line. Where was he? I have almost nothing negative to say about Lewis and Wilson, but they killed us at the end with not catching balls that hit them right in hands. Those are not on Williams.

When we do something, like play Bama close or actually beat somebody, our fanbase plays it down. Florida sucked when we beat them in the swamp. UGA sucked when we beat them for the 1st time since 1970 something. Bama played horrible last night because they turned the ball over. blah blah blah.
Come on people!!! Our defense played lights out and pressured Bama into making mistakes. We were full of energy and looked like we actually thought we could win. Bama players were showing frustration in the 4th quarter because they were in a dog fight. Yall say what you want, but I'm saying we went toe-to-toe with Bama and had opportunities to make it a one possession game.

Madkinmecrazy
11-17-2013, 09:27 PM
I think that Mullen and the boys made a good showing.

People can say that Alabama played bad, but a team has to MAKE a team look bad. That game was a few plays away from being a WIN against the Tide. TO beat a team like that, you need all of those plays to go your way.

Sure, it wasn't perfect - but our boys played well. All of our losses so far this year were against current Top 12 teams except for LSU, and they are #22. We were just a few plays away from beating AUburn, the current #6.

Our team isn't far off. Our record doesn't reflect it but we have lost to SIX CURRENTLY RANKED TEAMS with several in there that could have easily gone our way.

I know our record is 4-6 and almost doesn't count for shit, but this team isn't that bad. We play to the level of our opponents (especially on defense, a la OSU and Bama) and we keep it close. We need to learn how to finish out and we WILL, we are just inexperienced.

I truly believe that the Dawgs that played last night could finish this season out 7-6 with a bowl win. We just have to keep that same level of confidence in the next 2 weeks.

Dawg61
11-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Are you aware there's a thread about you on NAFOOM. They call you a Rebel Troll. That's coming from Rebels. What's up with that?

maroonmania
11-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Our team isn't far off. Our record doesn't reflect it but we have lost to SIX CURRENTLY RANKED TEAMS with several in there that could have easily gone our way.

Let's be realistic, the Auburn game is the only one that truly could have easily gone our way. All the others were double digit losses.

Madkinmecrazy
11-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Let's be realistic, the Auburn game is the only one that truly could have easily gone our way. All the others were double digit losses.

I'll accept that. I was being a bit too wooly, but realistically, we could easily be 5-5 right now save 1 play in the Auburn game.

Dan and the Dawgs will get it together and close out this season strong with momentum into next year and its easier schedule. I think we're an 9 win team at worst next year and I think we get to 7 this year.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Are you aware there's a thread about you on NAFOOM. They call you a Rebel Troll. That's coming from Rebels. What's up with that?

Who are you replying to? Shotgun or Madkin or who?

DawgsBite34
11-17-2013, 11:27 PM
Mullen did his best job of the year so far last night in my opinion. I think somewhere somebody, maybe Stricklin, maybe a big money alum, told him to get his shit straight or get ready to pack your bags. One of my biggest probs with Mullen was that he seemed to lack fire, he would quit. He would look nonchalant about everything. Last week and this week, while the playcalling hasn't been great, and his personnel usage is still confusing, hes shown fire. Hes shown that hes not gonna quit, he used his timeouts at the end of the game last week at A&M and this week he went for it inside his own 10 down 20-7 with a true freshman QB. I like that. I still say we underachieved so far and the only way we shouldn't go get Hud is if we win these last two but he has done better the last two weeks. I think the playcalling issues are due to him having to play TR. I've said it 1000000 times but I'll say it again. We run about 5-10 plays with TR. That's it. With Dak everythings open. If we get Dak back, Mullen keeps his job we win 6. If we don't get Dak back unless TR plays out of his mind or Damian Williams gets it done he shouldn't be coming back. Just my opinion

Dawg61
11-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Shotgun

http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/46842/Buy-or-sell-Shotgundog-is-actually-C34

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Shotgun

http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/46842/Buy-or-sell-Shotgundog-is-actually-C34

Hahaha. I don't think I have ever agreed with Nafoom on anything, but I do agree with them that "there is some serious trolling going on over there". Shotgun doesn't appear to be a troll to me. Just an incredibly optimistic bastard with a scoop of Jeanspage. I don't mind his optimism until he starts threads like this one.

I will say this though....if Shotgun is a troll, the Rebels should hang a banner for the work he has done over here.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 11:51 PM

Pretty funny, right! I seriously have no clue. They think C34 and I are the same person also. I am not near smart enough to pull off a troll job on this whole board for this long.

I spend way to much time on this board to not be emotionally invested in MSU.

Can you imagine how exhausting it would be to troll another school's message board at the level I post on this board?

IDK, what do think I am?

Dawg61
11-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Pretty funny, right! I seriously have no clue. I think C34 and I are the same person also. I am not near smart enough to pull off a troll job on this whole board for this long.

I spend way to much time on this board to not be emotionally invested in MSU.

Can you imagine how exhausting it would be to troll another school's message board at the level I post on this board?

IDK, what do think I am?

Haha idk the thread just surprised me. I was checking other boards last night because I was interested in what Ole Miss, Bama and Arkansas said about our game. Ole Miss thought we got fisted all night by the refs (I agree) and I didn't find one single Bama fan surprised or mad that we gave them such a close game. They were all relieved to have won.

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2013, 11:58 PM
Hahaha. I don't think I have ever agreed with Nafoom on anything, but I do agree with them that "there is some serious trolling going on over there". Shotgun doesn't appear to be a troll to me. Just an incredibly optimistic bastard with a scoop of Jeanspage. I don't mind his optimism until he starts threads like this one.

I will say this though....if Shotgun is a troll, the Rebels should hang a banner for the work he has done over here.

Love you too buddy. I'm optimistically realistic. I call BS when I see it, both good and bad.

Hell, I'm even on the fence about firing Mullen or not.

I expect MSU to be an 8-10 win program on a regular basis, but I also realize that there have been some bad coaching moves and unfortunate circumstances that have led to that not happening this season. If Mullen gets to a bowl and gets another season, I will be completely on board with Mullen having to win 8-10 games next season to keep his job.

I think Mullen is a better coach than he is manager, and that's where we often get confused as fans. Mullen develops players and evaluates pretty well, but lacks the game management skills to be an excellent coach. However, I also believe coaches, if they are willing to admit mistakes, can improve and gain those skills.

I also, see a team that is getting better and most of our talent is young. Therefore, right now, I willing to give Mullen the chance to fix his mistakes and take the team he built to the promise land next season.

I think I'm a pretty level headed poster.

This thread was just pointing out how people still complain about Mullen, when they expected to get blown out, but ended up playing a close game. Nothing more. Perhaps bad judgement on my part, but I could care less about internet cred. Just trying to allow the MSU fan base the opportunity to read something that is a little less slanted and little more realistic.

If you knew me in real life, you would understand, but since I'm not willing to offer my identity or what I do for a living, I'll just have to continue to explain myself.

PMDawg
11-18-2013, 08:36 AM

No. Never.

EngineerDawg
11-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Hell, I'm even on the fence about firing Mullen or not.

I expect MSU to be an 8-10 win program on a regular basis, but I also realize that there have been some bad coaching moves and unfortunate circumstances that have led to that not happening this season. If Mullen gets to a bowl and gets another season, I will be completely on board with Mullen having to win 8-10 games next season to keep his job.

I think Mullen is a better coach than he is manager, and that's where we often get confused as fans. Mullen develops players and evaluates pretty well, but lacks the game management skills to be an excellent coach. However, I also believe coaches, if they are willing to admit mistakes, can improve and gain those skills.

You were beginning to lose me, but you brought me back with this.

Coach007
11-18-2013, 11:58 AM

No.. Saban made the right call. It moved us back. Had he left us there, we would have needed only 6 inches to get a first down on their 1! 4 downs to move a yard!