PDA

View Full Version : Nick Rolovich (Wazzu) fired with cause

Pages : 1 [2]

confucius say
10-20-2021, 09:37 AM
"Stop being so scared of a vaccine billions have taken without incident," is excellent advice that many Americans should take to heart.

Who exactly is scared? Almost 80% of those eligible have received a vaccine shot. Why do you assume the 20 who have not are scared? I'm sure some are, but I think it is a small number of people relatively speaking.

Johnson85
10-20-2021, 09:39 AM
I'm not going to bother to read through this whole thing since I left it yesterday.

On the one hand, that's probably a good thing because it would probably be uncomfortable to realize how stupid some of the statements you have made are. On the other hand, if you ever did want to drop the obstinately wrong branding you have going and actually learn and grow, it might be helpful for you to realize how stupid and wrong some of the statements you have made are.

I will leave yall with this: The vaccinated majority is getting really tired of the excuses from the unvaccinated. They are running out of patience. They know we could get back to as normal as we will ever be if we had universal uptake of the vaccine. There is GROWING anger over it. One of the most interesting things I have seen lately on this particular subject was a poll. It showed that the group MOST angry with the unvaccinated is vaccinated Republicans. Unlike the pollsters I don't find that surprising in the least. We as as a group tend not to be very vocal in public about it, but the anger is seething.

You can go 17 yourself with a dildo that is more studded than the one you usually use. All we have to do to go back to normal is for 17 twats like you to stop stopping us from going back to normal. We are facing a disease that is very survivable by healthy people, we have improving treatments if you catch the disease, and there is a vaccine available that is ok at stopping you from getting it but pretty good at improving your odds of not getting severely ill if you do get it. If anybody is not willing to go back to normal, all they have to do is stay in their home until they feel safe. But because they are really shitty at understanding risks and can't stomach the thought of people making their own decisions, they insist on making things worse for everybody else and for everybody else to be punished for their unreasonable fears.

You sick, chicken shit mother 17ers are running out of patience? Un17ing believable how little self awareness you have.

confucius say
10-20-2021, 09:41 AM
I'm not going to bother to read through this whole thing since I left it yesterday. I will leave yall with this: The vaccinated majority is getting really tired of the excuses from the unvaccinated. They are running out of patience. They know we could get back to as normal as we will ever be if we had universal uptake of the vaccine. There is GROWING anger over it. One of the most interesting things I have seen lately on this particular subject was a poll. It showed that the group MOST angry with the unvaccinated is vaccinated Republicans. Unlike the pollsters I don't find that surprising in the least. We as as a group tend not to be very vocal in public about it, but the anger is seething.

Any vaccinated person not living their normal life when over 75% of those eligible are vaccinated and a significant portion of the remaining 20% have already had covid are doing themselves an injustice.

Coach34
10-20-2021, 09:45 AM
On the one hand, that's probably a good thing because it would probably be uncomfortable to realize how stupid some of the statements you have made are. On the other hand, if you ever did want to drop the obstinately wrong branding you have going and actually learn and grow, it might be helpful for you to realize how stupid and wrong some of the statements you have made are.

haha no way. Please let him keep telling people it came from a wet market Pangolin and Fauci has been right about the virus

msstate7
10-20-2021, 10:01 AM

You can go 17 yourself with a dildo that is more studded than the one you usually use. All we have to do to go back to normal is for 17 twats like you to stop stopping us from going back to normal. We are facing a disease that is very survivable by healthy people, we have improving treatments if you catch the disease, and there is a vaccine available that is ok at stopping you from getting it but pretty good at improving your odds of not getting severely ill if you do get it. If anybody is not willing to go back to normal, all they have to do is stay in their home until they feel safe. But because they are really shitty at understanding risks and can't stomach the thought of people making their own decisions, they insist on making things worse for everybody else and for everybody else to be punished for their unreasonable fears.

You sick, chicken shit mother 17ers are running out of patience? Un17ing believable how little self awareness you have.

Damn, I have never saw Johnson this wound up haHa

confucius say
10-20-2021, 10:11 AM
Johnson85 has re-entered the chat.

msstate7
10-20-2021, 10:16 AM

He's right on this

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 10:18 AM

Lol! I've stayed out of this debate (and not picking sides), but Johnson85's post in .gif format is basically...

https://64.media.tumblr.com/9c2d346271e8e50d9f2f5b9719c56448/f9828cad63ed1873-00/s500x750/9c51be337c64aaddea74ab31afc1de14613b2bab.gifv

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 10:29 AM

LOL, that's absolutely hilarious. First you seem to be under the delusion that I care what people here think of me. If I DIDN'T get responses like yours from people like you I'd be worried. Second, the most of what's been posted in this thread, with a few good exceptions, has been regurgitated conspiracy stuff. Most of it's so asinine it would be funny if it wasn't about such a serious subject. And there is anger at the unvaccinated, serious anger. It had been more exasperation till the Delta surge. The selfishness is starting to wear thin. Y'all want those who did the right thing to cater to YOU so you you can have your "freedom". You always preach about personal responsibility for your actions but you won't even acknowledge yours. I did the responsible thing. The majority of the country has now. Grow up.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 10:29 AM
haha no way. Please let him keep telling people it came from a wet market Pangolin and Fauci has been right about the virus

Reading comprehension has never been your strong point has it.

confucius say
10-20-2021, 10:39 AM
LOL, that's absolutely hilarious. First you seem to be under the delusion that I care what people here think of me. If I DIDN'T get responses like yours from people like you I'd be worried. Second, the most of what's been posted in this thread, with a few good exceptions, has been regurgitated conspiracy stuff. Most of it's so asinine it would be funny if it wasn't about such a serious subject. And there is anger at the unvaccinated, serious anger. It had been more exasperation till the Delta surge. The selfishness is starting to wear thin. Y'all want those who did the right thing to cater to YOU so you you can have your "freedom". You always preach about personal responsibility for your actions but you won't even acknowledge yours. I did the responsible thing. The majority of the country has now. Grow up.

Is that anger at the Biden admin who refuses to mandate vaccinations for the million(s) of immigrants who have come to the country this year?

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 10:46 AM
Is that anger at the Biden admin who refuses to mandate vaccinations for the million(s) of immigrants who have come to the country this year?

Yes. I have no politics at all on this.

Coach34
10-20-2021, 10:54 AM

This is where I cannot understand people refusing or being unable to understand what is going on:

Congress is exempt from the mandate (which has tons of old people in it)
Pfizer employees are exempt from the mandate
We dont vaccinate illegal immigrants invading this country at 200K per month
None of these elites wear a mask when they dont think a camera is on them
Fauci called college football games "super spreaders" a month ago and the opposite has happened
The jab doesnt prevent you from getting C19 nor does it prevent you from spreading it
and now OSHA is no longer tracking adverse reactions

How can people remain blind to all this?

basedog
10-20-2021, 10:55 AM

I have to strongly disagree with you saying the unvax are pissed, I have yet to talk to one person who is invax ( and there are many) and none have talked or shown anger. It's the vax folks raising hell.

You have strong opinions and seem to get pissed when folks disagree with you, I'm not so sure but you seem to have anger management problems. No way should anyone tell me what is best for me or my family, I wish for you and your healthy to be good and safe. I'm not against the vax, but don't force something on or in me when especially a shot hasn't been out but a year plus. Only time will tell how or what the true side effects are, they may be helpful but it's short term right now. Too each there on, I'm out and I know better voices opinion especially dealing a shot.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-20-2021, 11:02 AM
I believe the vaccine prevents severe disease in most cases. Doctors I trust have said so. But I also don?t believe those with natural immunity should be forced to take a shot.

BB30
10-20-2021, 11:07 AM
You need to take off the tinfoil hat.

Dude, just six weeks or so ago you argued with multiple people on here about antibodies being stronger and lasting longer from the vaccine because that is what you were reading in the media. Well that has been proven to be absolutely false. The "mainstream" media has been wrong on just about everything regarding the vaccine. So either they absolutely suck at their jobs or they are trying to push a narrative.

First it was you couldn't get breakthrough cases with the vaccine. Then it was well its way less likely. Then it was the vaccine provides longer and better protection than antibodies from actually getting COVID, wrong again. I mean how many times does the "mainstream" media have to be wrong before you start to somewhat question the motives. They could have simply reported that there isn't enough data out there yet to determine if the vaccines are more effective than covid antibodies or any of the above.

So if they truly didn't know at the time then why report as though everything they are saying is stone cold fact. It is an absolute joke. They reported that Rogan took horse dewormer when he had a legit prescription for ivermectin from an actual doctor. That is just an outright lie, they didn't even try to hide the lie.

It isn't tinfoil hat stuff to think the media is pushing a narrative. I can show you hard fact after hard fact where they have either downplayed something or outright lied and FWIW I'm pro vax if you fall into one of the high risk categories. But by all measures, if you're a healthy 2-30 year old you have just about a zero percent chance of anything truly bad happening to you if you don't have any underlying conditions and aren't obese.

Meanwhile I don't see anyone attacking Mcdonalds, Wendys, Zaxbys etc. and the people that eat at those places multiple times a week/day. People say the unvaccinated are a strain on the healthcare system, well what about the 69% of adults who are either obese or overweight? What about those that eat sh** and now have heart disease? Don't they hold some responsibility for their own lack of discipline and lack of eating right/working out once in a blue moon? Those that smoke a pack of cigs a day? I think they should bear some of the responsibility as well. But if you say that you're being insensitive... If you're going to blame the healthy unvaxed people then you damn well better blame the unhealthy people too.

dalmuti
10-20-2021, 11:07 AM

biden won fair and square.

msstate7
10-20-2021, 11:11 AM

Maybe, but he's absolutely gonna get crushed if he's up for a 2nd term.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 11:13 AM
This is where I cannot understand people refusing or being unable to understand what is going on:

Fauci called college football games "super spreaders" a month ago and the opposite has happened
The jab doesnt prevent you from getting C19 nor does it prevent you from spreading it

1: that's BS and business as usual for Congress. Stuff like that is why they all need to be turned out, ALL of them.
2. If true then that is BS as well
3. See above
4. Not exactly true, but true enough...see #1
5. There almost certainly has been some spread at them but outdoor events are much safer than indoor stuff of any kind. The data on that is overwhelming.
6. You are wrong on that. You are only correct if you are referring to 100% prevention. NO vaccine does that and it has never been claimed for this one. It DOES really lower the odd of both. I saw a well done study (real world data) on this last week. You are
6 1/2 times less likely to get it if you are vaxxed according to that study. You can't spread it if you don't get it. The figures on hospitalization and death were even better than that, MUCH better. That's why universal vaccination would enable us to get back to
normal. It would take the pressure of the periodic surges off the hospitals.
7. Adverse reactions are still tracked. That has never been OSHA's job on vaccines and it shouldn't be now.

As for the one thing you keep throwing back on me in this thread, you would be surprised what my suspicions are. That being said I don't know and neither do you. I seriously doubt we ever will. China won't admit it either way, and we will never know without their cooperation. I know enough people who have done business over there that have talked about how they operate. they will either ignore it or will try to blame someone else. They will never admit that they let it spread and couldn't contain it even if it IS natural. If it's not they dang sure won't. The effort to find out is likely wasted.

confucius say
10-20-2021, 11:15 AM

Good for you

confucius say
10-20-2021, 11:18 AM

Not really, I voted for him twice so he had help

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 11:21 AM
I have to strongly disagree with you saying the unvax are pissed, I have yet to talk to one person who is invax ( and there are many) and none have talked or shown anger. It's the vax folks raising hell.

You have strong opinions and seem to get pissed when folks disagree with you, I'm not so sure but you seem to have anger management problems. No way should anyone tell me what is best for me or my family, I wish for you and your healthy to be good and safe. I'm not against the vax, but don't force something on or in me when especially a shot hasn't been out but a year plus. Only time will tell how or what the true side effects are, they may be helpful but it's short term right now. Too each there on, I'm out and I know better voices opinion especially dealing a shot.

You misunderstood, I said it is the vaxxed that are getting pissed. Now I will disagree that the unvaxxed aren't. They have been all along and have demonstrated it in public many, many times. How do you know what's best for your family when it comes to this? I certainly don't know MYSELF with mine. I DO trust the people who have dedicated their lives to stuff like this to get it right. They certainly know more about it than I do. The preponderance of opinion and evidence in the medical realm is overwhelming. It's rare that you see it that overwhelming. There are always going to be outliers and crack pots out there and they tend to be VERY vocal. It's all in who you trust. I don't like trusting the outliers.

TUSK
10-20-2021, 11:25 AM
Ya know, I am no virologist, nor do I have a post doctorate degree in Infectious Diseases like most of you cats,

but I ask myself this:

"Tusk, if 'the powers that be' wanna mandate me (and I read that as 'to force under physical threat by the authorities')...

to undergo a medical procedure (and that's what it is),

with a really short track record of potential negative effects,

to protect me from a virus that has a longer track record of not killin' folks like me,

and, even if I don't take it and catch the Covid, and I transmit it to someone that HAS been vaccinated, they'll be aight?

"Why should I take it??"

Hell, we'd save more lives if we "mandated" that criminals can't shoot up folks with illegal handguns, or if we "mandated" that mamas & daddies were properly prepared to raise their children, so they don't become said "criminals"?

edit: sorry, I copied and pasted that from MSWord and it jacked up my "quotes"...

msstate7
10-20-2021, 11:36 AM
This is what happens when the wrong ones are in charge...
https://i.postimg.cc/sgVQ4pZc/CD15543-C-DCD4-4-A1-F-A958-C86685-F42-E95.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://twitter.com/chuckcallesto/status/1450220258204258311?s=21

#thescience

Let's get someone in charge that solves problems like...

https://i.postimg.cc/1Xkprnr0/4-FE2-B6-C7-4-FB0-46-D7-A9-F9-CF59-A576-AEDA.jpg (https://postimg.cc/RJT6M08q)

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1450483394673004553?s=21

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 11:40 AM
Dude, just six weeks or so ago you argued with multiple people on here about antibodies being stronger and lasting longer from the vaccine because that is what you were reading in the media. Well that has been proven to be absolutely false. The "mainstream" media has been wrong on just about everything regarding the vaccine. So either they absolutely suck at their jobs or they are trying to push a narrative.

First it was you couldn't get breakthrough cases with the vaccine. Then it was well its way less likely. Then it was the vaccine provides longer and better protection than antibodies from actually getting COVID, wrong again. I mean how many times does the "mainstream" media have to be wrong before you start to somewhat question the motives. They could have simply reported that there isn't enough data out there yet to determine if the vaccines are more effective than covid antibodies or any of the above.

So if they truly didn't know at the time then why report as though everything they are saying is stone cold fact. It is an absolute joke. They reported that Rogan took horse dewormer when he had a legit prescription for ivermectin from an actual doctor. That is just an outright lie, they didn't even try to hide the lie.

It isn't tinfoil hat stuff to think the media is pushing a narrative. I can show you hard fact after hard fact where they have either downplayed something or outright lied and FWIW I'm pro vax if you fall into one of the high risk categories. But by all measures, if you're a healthy 2-30 year old you have just about a zero percent chance of anything truly bad happening to you if you don't have any underlying conditions and aren't obese.

Meanwhile I don't see anyone attacking Mcdonalds, Wendys, Zaxbys etc. and the people that eat at those places multiple times a week/day. People say the unvaccinated are a strain on the healthcare system, well what about the 69% of adults who are either obese or overweight? What about those that eat sh** and now have heart disease? Don't they hold some responsibility for their own lack of discipline and lack of eating right/working out once in a blue moon? Those that smoke a pack of cigs a day? I think they should bear some of the responsibility as well. But if you say that you're being insensitive... If you're going to blame the healthy unvaxed people then you damn well better blame the unhealthy people too.

Actually that has NOT been proven to be false. The opposite actually. You need to quit believing what you believe in the media. There were always going to be breakthrough cases and it was never said there wouldn't be. The goal from the beginning was to reduce the risk of serious disease. The reduced risk of infection, and it is substantial, is a great bonus. Where do you get this stuff? I have a friend who lost a 28 year old daughter to COVID. I know of others. I'm old enough to remember getting lined up in the hall at school to be given the then brand new rubella vaccine. The goal was not to protect us. Rubella is not normally a serious disease in kids. It is VERY serious if a pregnant mother it. The danger to her unborn child is high. We were given it to reduce the risk of us taking it home to our mothers. That's the same reason young people and healthy people need this one, to reduce the spread of it to people who are at high risk. I don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand. Perhaps they just don't care, I hope not. That's why I'm so passionate about it. I have several at risk loved ones, some of whom can't stay home.

basedog
10-20-2021, 11:44 AM
You misunderstood, I said it is the vaxxed that are getting pissed. Now I will disagree that the unvaxxed aren't. They have been all along and have demonstrated it in public many, many times. How do you know what's best for your family when it comes to this? I certainly don't know MYSELF with mine. I DO trust the people who have dedicated their lives to stuff like this to get it right. They certainly know more about it than I do. The preponderance of opinion and evidence in the medical realm is overwhelming. It's rare that you see it that overwhelming. There are always going to be outliers and crack pots out there and they tend to be VERY vocal. It's all in who you trust. I don't like trusting the outliers.

As far as me and my family, well first off, we are blessed to be healthy, we watch what we eat, we exercise and we take supplements to help us stay healthy and safe, such as ..........
I don't take any prescribed meds, I ride a bike around 25 miles daily, ok let me end this by saying we are very careful what we put into our bodies. I just had clerical fusion on my c4 and c5, i only took two pain meds from the surgery, so my point is, yes I know what is best for me and my family which is about 10 of us, wife, Kids, grandkids.

Hope that explains. now back to my recovering, LOL, Take care Liver, I don't dislike you, I just wish you would ease up just a little, it's all about choice in my mind.

Now let's get pissed about the no air bone offense* It sucks, lol!

Coach34
10-20-2021, 11:48 AM
And another that grinds on me:

Obama's Administration pushed constant "global warming" and the climate change agenda. "The glaciers are meltingggggggggggggg". So what does Obama- the man who was privy to more information on climate than 99% of the population- do as soon as he leaves office? Buys a mansion located right on the water next to an ocean. Not too worried about rising oceans is he?

The world's going to end in 8 years AOC? Antarctica just had its coldest year on record since it started being tracked in 1954.

"Climate Change" has been a money grab since the 60's. They just have to keep rebranding. We've come a long way since Acid Rain they used to scare me with as a kid in the 70's

Dawgfan77
10-20-2021, 11:49 AM
LOL, if you only knew.
Look here. I know a hell of a lot more than you do because I'm educated and don't make false statements like you continue to do. Since this thing started you have come on this board and others spouting your nonsense about how bad things are and we are all gonna die. Hell you stated one time half your damn inner circle was going to die from Rona.
I hate to tell you but people are tired of your bull shit. All you do is propagate a narrative that you know more than most but really you know nothing. You are still living in fear and literally you are on every covid thread since March 2020 you have spouted lies and nonsense. Dude we are over your shit. Point blank!
Get a grip, go see a therapist, have better research than what you have now.
I'll try to respect your opinion but when you don't bring up factual information or continue to speak lies I lose that respect.
Again GET HELP!

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 11:54 AM
This is what happens when the wrong ones are in charge...
https://i.postimg.cc/sgVQ4pZc/CD15543-C-DCD4-4-A1-F-A958-C86685-F42-E95.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

https://twitter.com/chuckcallesto/status/1450220258204258311?s=21

#thescience

Let's get someone in charge that solves problems like...

https://i.postimg.cc/1Xkprnr0/4-FE2-B6-C7-4-FB0-46-D7-A9-F9-CF59-A576-AEDA.jpg (https://postimg.cc/RJT6M08q)

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1450483394673004553?s=21

1: If they are eligible to retire then that will get shot down in court, as it should. My guess is that was just grandstanding and they won't actually do it. They know what the result will be.
2: Desantis was grandstanding on that on that too. I laughed when I first saw it. I had just read a WSJ article on the problem. That's not going to do much of anything. You need to look at the way container ports operate, specifically the depth of the harbors and the infrastructure to transport the containers away from the docks. There are only three in the entire country that can take most of those transpacific ships simply due to the draft of the ships, Long Beach, LA, and Tacoma. Tacoma doesn't have the infrastructure to handle many more. Of the other ships most of them can only use 4-5 others, and only one is in Florida. Most of those are backed up as well. The problem is as much demand as it is port problems. LA is handling something like 30% more than it has ever so far this year. Now they haven't been operating 24-7 7 days a week either. That was mostly due to unions. The article said even if that happens there may not be enough port labor to handle it. Even if it is the railroads and trucks probably can't handle a lot more than they are now. I've been reading a lot on this lately. It's fascinating stuff. The roots of it seem to go back a decade or more. The roots were in post 2008 economics in the shipping industry (water, road, rail) it seems. There were already cracks showing prior to the recent trouble.

OLJWales
10-20-2021, 12:16 PM

Yep.

OLJWales
10-20-2021, 12:19 PM

Obama's Administration pushed constant "global warming" and the climate change agenda. "The glaciers are meltingggggggggggggg". So what does Obama- the man who was privy to more information on climate than 99% of the population- do as soon as he leaves office? Buys a mansion located right on the water next to an ocean. Not too worried about rising oceans is he?

The world's going to end in 8 years AOC? Antarctica just had its coldest year on record since it started being tracked in 1954.

"Climate Change" has been a money grab since the 60's. They just have to keep rebranding. We've come a long way since Acid Rain they used to scare me with as a kid in the 70's

Yep.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 12:21 PM
Look here. I know a hell of a lot more than you do because I'm educated and don't make false statements like you continue to do. Since this thing started you have come on this board and others spouting your nonsense about how bad things are and we are all gonna die. Hell you stated one time half your damn inner circle was going to die from Rona.
I hate to tell you but people are tired of your bull shit. All you do is propagate a narrative that you know more than most but really you know nothing. You are still living in fear and literally you are on every covid thread since March 2020 you have spouted lies and nonsense. Dude we are over your shit. Point blank!
Get a grip, go see a therapist, have better research than what you have now.
I'll try to respect your opinion but when you don't bring up factual information or continue to speak lies I lose that respect.
Again GET HELP!

LOL, if you only knew!

OLJWales
10-20-2021, 12:23 PM
"Stop being so scared of a vaccine billions have taken without incident," is excellent advice that many Americans should take to heart.

Without incident my hairy ass.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 12:25 PM

You're trying to pull me into this fray, lol.

People are hypocrites? Yes. A whole helluva lot of them. Lets not get into a who has the most hypocrites on their side debate, because no body will come out clean.

Is AOC a dumbass? Yes. One of 20-ish dem congress members from the state of NY, I believe, so not sure why so many of y'all are obsessed with her, lol. The green new deal is a rally banner for her "progressive" caucus...it has some valid stuff in it, but mostly it's an overly ambitious piece of garbage that has only served as a political weapon to be used against actual, good-faith, and realistic measures to combat the issue. AOC, Bernie, and their lot aren't interested in coalition to tackle this issue, which is exactly what you need...they just cause the other side to dig in. **** them.

Ok, lol....now that I've thoroughly distanced myself from that.....

Is climate change real, significantly important, and worthy of our attention? Yes.

Can there be policy debate on how we handle it? Yes. Certainly. Absolutely. But we can't have those debates when a large portion of one side of the aisle refuse to even admit its a problem.

Now stay with me, C34....

Is acid rain real and a problem, especially for vegetation? Yes. Not sure why you chose this one as an example. It's danger has been pretty rigorously documented.

Now your comment on the south pole temperature is really revealing....because, as any earth scientist will tell you, huge swings in temp, regional climate trends, weather events, natural disasters, etc....are all symptomatic of drastic global changes in climate. That's the whole point, actually. Not just picking on you, because I see it/hear it all the time, but one of the most ignorant colloquial rebuttals of climate change is the statement "we just had the coldest winter ever, so how can the earth be warming???".

dalmuti
10-20-2021, 12:30 PM
AOC will be President eventually

tireddawg
10-20-2021, 12:30 PM
Your #2 is disgusting. Completely and absolutely disgusting.

Your health and safety are none of my concern as mine is none of yours. You can stick whatever you want into you, pun intended, but I'll pass. Thanks for your concern though. This is a free society we live in. Sounds like you may be in the wrong country bud.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-20-2021, 12:33 PM
As in any aspect of life, watch how people live to know what they believe to be true. Not what they say. Actions tell the tale. When someone claims to believe warming can be controlled by humans and that we are on the precipice of destruction, but they have not changed their habits, I do not believe them.

Coach34
10-20-2021, 01:00 PM

People are hypocrites? Yes. A whole helluva lot of them. Lets not get into a who has the most hypocrites on their side debate, because no body will come out clean.

Is AOC a dumbass? Yes. One of 20-ish dem congress members from the state of NY, I believe, so not sure why so many of y'all are obsessed with her, lol. The green new deal is a rally banner for her "progressive" caucus...it has some valid stuff in it, but mostly it's an overly ambitious piece of garbage that has only served as a political weapon to be used against actual, good-faith, and realistic measures to combat the issue. AOC, Bernie, and their lot aren't interested in coalition to tackle this issue, which is exactly what you need...they just cause the other side to dig in. **** them.

Is climate change real, significantly important, and worthy of our attention? Yes.

Can there be policy debate on how we handle it? Yes. Certainly. Absolutely. But we can't have those debates when a large portion of one side of the aisle refuse to even admit its a problem.

Is acid rain real and a problem, especially for vegetation? Yes. Not sure why you chose this one as an example. It's danger has been pretty rigorously documented.

Now your comment on the south pole temperature is really revealing....because, as any earth scientist will tell you, huge swings in temp, regional climate trends, weather events, natural disasters, etc....are all symptomatic of drastic global changes in climate. That's the whole point, actually. Not just picking on you, because I see it/hear it all the time, but one of the most ignorant colloquial rebuttals of climate change is the statement "we just had the coldest winter ever, so how can the earth be warming???".

"Climate Change" is absolutely real. It's been going on for millions of years. The problem is that we as humans have very little to do with it or much we can do about it. Mother Earth is going to do what she damn well pleases. Nobody is saying be reckless, trash the oceans, or factories shouldnt filter to help the environment. If people wanted to really cut down on carbon emissions- nuclear energy would be at the forefront.

dawgday166
10-20-2021, 01:05 PM
DantheMan used to say "follow the money". Except ... he didn't really know how to do that. This guy shows you how using Yahoo finance, Wikipedia, official websites for UN, World Economic Forum, Who, Event 201, etc. Conspiracy?? It's all in plain sight. Hour long video but well worth the watch.

https://rumble.com/vn7lf5-monopoly-who-owns-the-world-must-see.html?fbclid=IwAR2sWLdOyposO0ukOP1p-zJ30pbvWJZ_eZAlTs0hV8OCNzBQSSeY4IxFnCA

maroonmania
10-20-2021, 01:10 PM
For those speaking about the religious exemption, just remember, that is not a get of jail free card. We are dealing with this where I work. Even if you get the exemption, most Government entities or companies or universities affiliated with the Government are still going to require regular testing to prove you aren't infected. And a test is really only good for about 72 hours. Most folks that feel strongly about not getting the vaccine are not going to submit themselves to testing every 3 days. We are losing employees over this now because if you won't get the vaccine and you won't submit to getting tested once or twice a week you can't come into the office. Hard to work a job when you can never come in the office unless you can totally fulfill your obligations working from home.

msstate7
10-20-2021, 01:12 PM
For those speaking about the religious exemption, just remember, that is not a get of jail free card. We are dealing with this where I work. Even if you get the exemption, most Government entities or companies or universities affiliated with the Government are still going to require regular testing to prove you aren't infected. And a test is really only good for about 72 hours. Most folks that feel strongly about not getting the vaccine are not going to submit themselves to testing every 3 days. We are losing employees over this now because if you won't get the vaccine and you won't submit to getting tested once or twice a week you can't come into the office. Hard to work a job when you can never come in the office unless you can totally fulfill your obligations working from home.

As if the vaccinated can't get the virus or spread it

Jack Lambert
10-20-2021, 01:16 PM
No idea - but the OP asked how you could ignore a religious exemption and I gave an example - your religious leader saying get the dang shot kinda cuts the legs out from under that.

And I'll say as a Catholic, we kinda pay attention to what the pope says. We may not follow it, but we pay attention.

You still have relationship with god and can receive revelations for your self. If the Popes word was so powerful you would not have so many pro choice catholic politicians.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 01:52 PM
"Climate Change" is absolutely real. It's been going on for millions of years. The problem is that we as humans have very little to do with it or much we can do about it. Mother Earth is going to do what she damn well pleases. Nobody is saying be reckless, trash the oceans, or factories shouldnt filter to help the environment. If people wanted to really cut down on carbon emissions- nuclear energy would be at the forefront.

Ok, I agree with just about all of your post outside the first 3 sentences.

I hear "of course climate changes, it's been changing for millennia" or "it's cyclical" all the time as retorts to this discussion. While both statements are indeed true, they are also so trivial in terms of our understandings of climate, the earth, nature, etc., they don't make any type of valid point...It's like, "Yeah ok? So you mention something we've known and had fairly figured out since ancient Greek times", lol. It'd be like someone saying "water is wet", then leaning back and smugly crossing their arms as if they just dropped some knowledge.

Humans absolutely have an impact, a huge one, and at multiple scales (from the local ecosystem, to the biome, to the biosphere), and in myriad ways. There are mountains (literally mountains) of vetted research demonstrating all sorts of anthropogenic impacts on climate and the environment. The scientific consensus on this topic is so overwhelming, to deny it is like arguing over the temperature at which water boils.

Johnson85
10-20-2021, 02:00 PM

It's not about them being hypocrites in that case, it's about what they actually believe is true. Obviously they are not really worried about sea level rise if they buy property subject to flooding from sea level rise (of course being ocean front doesn't necessarily mean the property is threatened by sea level rise).

This is somewhat different than the typical hypocrite charge, where essentially 0% of any high profile climate change politicians or activists are willing to sacrifice their standard of living in any way at all to decrease their carbon footprint. It's entirely possible that they truly believe that they are destroying the planet but just decide the temporary pleasure is worth it, just like a religious leader can truly believe in the sanctity of marriage but decide that strange is going to remain undefeated because the temporary pleasure is worth it.

dawgday166
10-20-2021, 02:02 PM
Can't I just self identify as "vaccinated"...? Surely that should count, right?

I tried that working for the govt. They told me that was only allowed for transhumanoids or whatever they are.
I tried the "my body my choice" approach too but that's only allowed when killing unborn babies. Those lives apparently don't matter.

So I'm retiring at end of year.

Johnson85
10-20-2021, 02:06 PM

I hear "of course climate changes, it's been changing for millennia" or "it's cyclical" all the time as retorts to this discussion. While both statements are indeed true, they are also so trivial in terms of our understandings of climate, the earth, nature, etc., they don't make any type of valid point...It's like, "Yeah ok? So you mention something we've known and had fairly figured out since ancient Greek times", lol. It'd be like someone saying "water is wet", then leaning back and smugly crossing their arms as if they just dropped some knowledge.

Humans absolutely have an impact, a huge one, and at multiple scales (from the local ecosystem, to the biome, to the biosphere), and in myriad ways. There are mountains (literally mountains) of vetted research demonstrating all sorts of anthropogenic impacts on climate and the environment. The scientific consensus on this topic is so overwhelming, to deny it is like arguing over the temperature at which water boils.

The scientific consensus that humans can impact climate, especially local climate, is overwhelming. The consensus that any negative impacts from CO2 emissions is going to be greater than the benefits of CO2 emissions, or that any achievable CO2 emission reductions are going to be worth the cost is not nearly as strong and even if it were, a prediction about how the world climate will react to a minor change in the composition in its atmosphere and what kind of positive reinforcement mechanisms there might be that amplify the effects of CO2 emissions are nothing like observing the boiling point of water.

Coach34
10-20-2021, 02:09 PM

The mountains of evidence supports whomever funds the grant for the research. I'm old enough to have to lived thru warnings of another Ice Age coming and now the glaciers melting and flooding the coasts. It's Science!!!! Now Antarctica is colder than its ever been in modern history.

Climate will continue to change, and people will continue their grift to chase that green.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-20-2021, 02:12 PM
Until the global warming alarmists start riding bikes everywhere and using zoom for global warming conferences instead of flying private jets to attend, I will not believe them.

OLJWales
10-20-2021, 02:17 PM

Yep. 20-30 years from now cleaner alternatives will replace fossil fuels once science makes it cheaper. New Greeners don't give a 17 about a poor persons ability to pay their bills or eat.

confucius say
10-20-2021, 02:28 PM
Our VP tweeted yesterday from her jet that she was on the way to a climate change convention to discuss how to reduce emissions. The irony.

Maverick91
10-20-2021, 02:30 PM

And what is beautiful about this country is that is your choice to completely trust those that have that knowledge and to follow it to a T or to say 17 that, or to think about it and then act in someway shape form or fashion. but, we should never be forced to take something, no matter what it is.

Quaoarsking
10-20-2021, 02:40 PM
And what is beautiful about this country is that is your choice to completely trust those that have that knowledge and to follow it to a T or to say 17 that, or to think about it and then act in someway shape form or fashion. but, we should never be forced to take something, no matter what it is.

Agreed 100% and thankful that no one is being forced. However that doesn't mean that people who forsake their personal responsibility are immune to the consequences of their choices.

Allowing the unvaccinated workers the opportunity to take a weekly test to prove their negative status is a very gracious accommodation from the federal government that most private companies would prefer not to bother with.

OLJWales
10-20-2021, 02:41 PM
Agreed 100% and thankful that no one is being forced. However that doesn't mean that people who forsake their personal responsibility are immune to the consequences of their choices.

Allowing the unvaccinated workers the opportunity to take a weekly test to prove their negative status is a very gracious accommodation from the federal government that most private companies would prefer not to bother with.

Take it or your fired isn't forced?

dawgday166
10-20-2021, 02:42 PM
Yep. 20-30 years from now cleaner alternatives will replace fossil fuels once science makes it cheaper. New Greeners don't give a 17 about a poor persons ability to pay their bills or eat.

The goal is less than 9 years. Check out video I posted up above. It's all on official websites too. And ... there's even more on the official websites but then, that's tinfoil hat stuff.

Maverick91
10-20-2021, 02:44 PM

Don't know how much you have read on the the "infrastructure bill" and "reconciliation bills" but, they if passed will do exactly what the Green deal wanted to do. Just some info if you didn't know.

Now to the living organism that we call Earth. You can call it global warming, but, in all reality its a living organism and it isn't meant to be hear for forever, honestly I think it is going through its life cycle and decaying. God put us here and told us to subdue the earth, I think we do a good job of that, I also think we do a pretty bad job of taking care of it. America has really stepped its game up and the pollution compared to Asian counties and India pails in comparison. It would really help out if people would stop littering, please just put your trash in a trashcan.

OLJWales
10-20-2021, 02:58 PM
I don't think enough is being said about rain forest destruction in Africa SE Asia & South America and the only viable option to thwart it is being able to get more food per acre. That's where STATE comes into play.

Johnson85
10-20-2021, 03:18 PM

Protecting the climate without sacrifice doesn't satisfy Mother Gaia. You have to be willing to throw some poor people into the metaphorical volcano to soothe her anger.

Johnson85
10-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Agreed 100% and thankful that no one is being forced. However that doesn't mean that people who forsake their personal responsibility are immune to the consequences of their choices. This is such a dickish argument. We're not forcing you to heil to the fuhr, you can always choose a bullet to the head.

There are certainly situations where it is reasonable to effectively force vaccinations on people. COVID is within shouting distance of that type of situation, but just doesn't make it.

Allowing the unvaccinated workers the opportunity to take a weekly test to prove their negative status is a very gracious accommodation from the federal government that most private companies would prefer not to bother with. It's not an gracious accommodation because it's unnecessary. Businesses have plenty of incentives to decide whether to require vaccination. Individuals have plenty of incentive to get vaccinated. There is just no reason for the federal government's involvement here.

But the government also isn't actually allowing a testing alternative for the federal contractor and subcontractor executive order. There's just an exemption for medical or religious reasons, with the religious reasons likely not resulting in an accommodation unless the person/organization considering the request actually wants to be reasonable.

For the ETS,

Homedawg
10-20-2021, 03:34 PM
Until the global warming alarmists start riding bikes everywhere and using zoom for global warming conferences instead of flying private jets to attend, I will not believe them.

Just like Liverpool. Oh you should do this and do it for me. But I'm gonna go to work. Now you stay home so you won't get me sick and take it back to my wife.

confucius say
10-20-2021, 03:48 PM

But why is a test the accommodation? Why not follow science? Every piece of data tells you that someone who is unvaccinated and who had covid in august is way more protected and less dangerous than someone who was vaccinated in April. Why would the latter be ok to come to work but the former has to test to come to work? That makes zero sense scientifically and is why people don't trust this whole ordeal.

Percho
10-20-2021, 04:07 PM
I'm not going to bother to read through this whole thing since I left it yesterday. I will leave yall with this: The vaccinated majority is getting really tired of the excuses from the unvaccinated. They are running out of patience. They know we could get back to as normal as we will ever be if we had universal uptake of the vaccine. There is GROWING anger over it. One of the most interesting things I have seen lately on this particular subject was a poll. It showed that the group MOST angry with the unvaccinated is vaccinated Republicans. Unlike the pollsters I don't find that surprising in the least. We as as a group tend not to be very vocal in public about it, but the anger is seething.

If every living soul on earth from 8 days to 108 years were vaccinated we would not get back to the normal of the year of out LORD 2018. The End.

Percho
10-20-2021, 04:32 PM

I was wondering the same, testing for what, testing why? Testing how with the same bogus test thay have been using.

Why are we having football games Why no forfeits? Why no playing games with 48 players.

If they tested just the vaccinated using the same criteria used last year, what would the result be?

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 04:53 PM
Just like Liverpool. Oh you should do this and do it for me. But I'm gonna go to work. Now you stay home so you won't get me sick and take it back to my wife.

Y'all actually don't know how big a jerks you are.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 04:55 PM
If every living soul on earth from 8 days to 108 years were vaccinated we would not get back to the normal of the year of out LORD 2018. The End.

I never said we would. This thing is with us to stay. But we have to get it to where it's not overwhelming the hospitals once or twice a year. When we get to there then we are going to be back to as normal as we will ever be.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 04:58 PM

You have never had the freedom to make a choice that harms others. Y'all don't want to accept that your actions have consequences beyond your own selves. Y'all aren't really conservatives, that much has now been seen.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 05:01 PM
Without incident my hairy ass.

Billions HAVE taken it with no incident. If your standard is no incident EVER, then you need to go curl up in a ball somewhere and starve yourself because you couldn't feed billions of people the blandest gruel in the world without it killing somebody. Y'all are just being absurd.

OLJWales
10-20-2021, 05:09 PM
Protecting the climate without sacrifice doesn't satisfy Mother Gaia. You have to be willing to throw some poor people into the metaphorical volcano to soothe her anger.

Repped. Solid and LMAO.

Liverpooldawg

I'm going to make my standard statement on climate change that neither side will ever agree with completely. It IS happening. Man is almost certainly causing some of it but in NO WAY all of it. Climate has ALWAYS changed. Overall a warmer globe has always been better for life than a colder one. Even if in the unlikely event man IS causing every single bit of it, we will never stop it. We likely won't even be able to change it that much. What we need to be focusing on is adapting to it, not trying to stop time. The species that have adapted to climate change have been the ones to survive and flourish. The above opinion is an OPINION and is mine alone.

confucius say
I never said we would. This thing is with us to stay. But we have to get it to where it's not overwhelming the hospitals once or twice a year. When we get to there then we are going to be back to as normal as we will ever be.

Wait. So you think a vaccine mandate for everyone is necessary to keep from overwhelming hospitals once or twice a year?

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 05:10 PM

But they are MUCH less likely to. That dog won't hunt.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 05:12 PM
Maybe, but he's absolutely gonna get crushed if he's up for a 2nd term.

I doubt he will run but if he does, a lot will depend on who the GOP runs against him.

Percho
10-20-2021, 05:14 PM
Don't know how much you have read on the the "infrastructure bill" and "reconciliation bills" but, they if passed will do exactly what the Green deal wanted to do. Just some info if you didn't know.

Now to the living organism that we call Earth. You can call it global warming, but, in all reality its a living organism and it isn't meant to be hear for forever, honestly I think it is going through its life cycle and decaying. God put us here and told us to subdue the earth, I think we do a good job of that, I also think we do a pretty bad job of taking care of it. America has really stepped its game up and the pollution compared to Asian counties and India pails in comparison. It would really help out if people would stop littering, please just put your trash in a trashcan.

There is a lot being said there in bold. Heb 2:6-11 Especially the last sentence of V-8, V 5 is pretty interesting also relative to this., Rom 8:28,29

confucius say
10-20-2021, 05:16 PM
You have never had the freedom to make a choice that harms others. Y'all don't want to accept that your actions have consequences beyond your own selves. Y'all aren't really conservatives, that much has now been seen.

Not true. The flu harms millions every year. Kills tens of thousands. And I have the choice to not take a flu shot without losing my job.

Plus, my actions affect nobody bc I JUST HAD COVID TWO MONTHS AGO and the data says I pose zero risks. Certainly less risk than one who was vaxed in April.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 05:21 PM
Wait. So you think a vaccine mandate for everyone is necessary to keep from overwhelming hospitals once or twice a year?

I think so, for a few years anyway. We are going to be dealing with this for a long time, longer if we don't get it at least under some semblance of control. The thing a lot of you don't realize is that we get close to that at times with the flu. Throw this unchecked on top of the flu.............last year people were still mostly taking precautions that really knocked the flu back, hand washing, masks, distancing.....that kind of thing. Not so this year. There are already indications that this might be at best a normal flu year.

OLJWales
10-20-2021, 05:25 PM
Not true. The flu harms millions every year. Kills tens of thousands. And I have the choice to not take a flu shot without losing my job.

Plus, my actions affect nobody bc I JUST HAD COVID TWO MONTHS AGO and the data says I pose zero risks. Certainly less risk than one who was vaxed in April.

Yep. Never had a flu shot and hadn't had flu in prolly 20 years. Just got over my mild bout with covid and never got the shot. Ain't gonna either. 17 anyone to death that says I gotta. And 17 your childish self righteous tears. Buncha ******.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 05:29 PM

This ain't the flu. It's WAY more contagious. Delta is almost measles level in some studies. It's way deadlier than the flu. Flu kills on average an ESTIMATED 60,000 in the US. COVID is over 730,000 in about 19 months. We still mandate measles shots in most places, and measles isn't as deadly as covid. I know someone who got covid twice in two months. The vast majority of studies have shown that natural immunity is not as good as that provided by the MRNA vaccines. I know you can link others that say different, I've seen them too. Personally I would say based on what I've seen that three months would be a reasonable time to wait. The preponderance of the people who know enough to make a true informed choice seem to be saying 2-3 month after a documented case.

confucius say
10-20-2021, 05:31 PM
I think so, for a few years anyway. We are going to be dealing with this for a long time, longer if we don't get it at least under some semblance of control. The thing a lot of you don't realize is that we get close to that at times with the flu. Throw this unchecked on top of the flu.............last year people were still mostly taking precautions that really knocked the flu back, hand washing, masks, distancing.....that kind of thing. Not so this year. There are already indications that this might be at best a normal flu year.

Do you have any studies to cite to support that a vaxed person is less likely to go to the hospital if he gets covid than someone who just had covid in august and who gets it again?

confucius say
10-20-2021, 05:35 PM
This ain't the flu. It's WAY more contagious. Delta is almost measles level in some studies. It's way deadlier than the flu. We still mandate measles shots in most places, and measles isn't as deadly as covid. I know someone who got covid twice in two months. The vast majority of studies have shown that natural immunity is not as good as that provided by the MRNA vaccines. I know you can link others that say different, I've seen them too. Personally I would say based on what I've seen that three months would be a reasonable time to wait. The preponderance of the people who know enough to make a true informed choice seem to be saying 2-3 month after a documented case.

I didn't say it was the flu. You said weve "never had the freedom to make a choice that harms others." I told you the flu harms others when I spread it to them, and I've never been required to get a flu shot. Therefore, you're wrong. I cannot get a flu shot despite my choice to do so harming others. Speaking in absolutes is dangerous.

Please cite me the vast studies that say the covid vaccine is better than natural immunity. The most comprehensive blind study conducted on the topic says the exact opposite.

Dawgfan77
10-20-2021, 05:37 PM
Do you have any studies to cite to support that a vaxed person is less likely to go to the hospital if he gets covid than someone who just had covid in august and who gets it again?

I'll help you out. He doesn't...

Covid is under control in a lot of places and delta ran its course. Find a new hobby Liverpool. You got USC coaching search to be wrong about

dawgday166
10-20-2021, 05:46 PM

What he's leaving out is that all those "unvaccinated" were classified as such because they hadn't made it 14 days past their last shot. And a lot of the Covid cases were folks that had at least one dose of a vax. Folks have pretty much stopped getting vaxxed where I live and cases have fallen significantly since then.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 06:58 PM

No, do you have any relevant studies? I'm just going by the majority of the studies that I have seen that shown the MRNA vaccines to provide superior and longer lasting immune responses than natural immunity. Respiratory viruses, including the other corona viruses, do not provoke lasting immunity. The vaccines aren't going to either. The likely need for boosters was pointed out from the beginning. ALL the studies I have seen show that natural immunity combined with one of the MRNA vaccines is the strongest of all. That is the reason for the recommendation that those who have had COVID get the vaccine. At least one I saw said that that combination provided something like 85% protection against INFECTION. That is REALLY high for infection by anydisease. The measles vaccines don't even do that I don't think, although they are about 95% effective against the disease. My niece, age 20, did exactly that.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 07:06 PM
What he's leaving out is that all those "unvaccinated" were classified as such because they hadn't made it 14 days past their last shot. And a lot of the Covid cases were folks that had at least one dose of a vax. Folks have pretty much stopped getting vaxxed where I live and cases have fallen significantly since then.

So you are saying the vaccine causes COVID. OH BROTHER not that crap again. That one has been used for every vaccine EVER. It's older than any of us on this board. Jeeze just look at the dang data from the MSDH. If you live in Mississippi they have fallen everywhere, just like they did this time last year. The next wave will start in late November. There is some optimism, with reason, that it won't be so bad this year. Way more vaccinated people, even in Mississippi, than last year. A lot more people will have residual natural immunity as well. That is assuming there won't be another mutant that is even more contagious than delta. Delta will eventually find all of those with no immunity at all. It will find some vaccinated and will find some again too.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 07:07 PM
I'll help you out. He doesn't...

Covid is under control in a lot of places and delta ran its course. Find a new hobby Liverpool. You got USC coaching search to be wrong about

Lol, If you only knew!

dawgday166
10-20-2021, 07:09 PM
So you are saying the vaccine causes COVID. OH BROTHER not that crap again. That one has been used for every vaccine EVER. It's older than any of us on this board. Jeeze just look at the dang data from the MSDH. If you live in Mississippi they have fallen everywhere, just like they did this time last year. The next wave will start in late November. There is some optimism, with reason, that it won't be so bad this year. Way more vaccinated people, even in Mississippi, than last year. A lot more people will have residual natural immunity as well. That is assuming there won't be another mutant that is even more contagious than delta. Delta will eventually find all of those with no immunity at all. It will find some vaccinated and will find some again too.

I know it can. Not everyone gets it from vax but they do shed it IMO. I know a few people that got Covid right after taking J&J or Phizer (1st or 2nd dose). One got Covid right after having Covid in 1st wave, got the vax, and got it again.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 07:25 PM
I didn't say it was the flu. You said weve "never had the freedom to make a choice that harms others." I told you the flu harms others when I spread it to them, and I've never been required to get a flu shot. Therefore, you're wrong. I cannot get a flu shot despite my choice to do so harming others. Speaking in absolutes is dangerous.

Please cite me the vast studies that say the covid vaccine is better than natural immunity. The most comprehensive blind study conducted on the topic says the exact opposite.

There are plenty that show it both ways. The preponderance say the MRNA vaxx is better. Here is the first one that popped up. It is about your specific situation. Hence why they want you to get vaccinated too.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

I assume that you are referring to the Israeli pre-print? EDIT: It has now been really published. The points below remain.

This is a great ARTICLE that touches on that and a lot more. This source is always a good read, even when I don't agree with it.
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/natural-immunity-covid-19/

Then there is this. It's nota study but it has links to them to back what it's saying.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination

confucius say
10-20-2021, 07:32 PM
No, do you have any relevant studies? I'm just going by the majority of the studies that I have seen that shown the MRNA vaccines to provide superior and longer lasting immune responses than natural immunity. Respiratory viruses, including the other corona viruses, do not provoke lasting immunity. The vaccines aren't going to either. The likely need for boosters was pointed out from the beginning. ALL the studies I have seen show that natural immunity combined with one of the MRNA vaccines is the strongest of all. That is the reason for the recommendation that those who have had COVID get the vaccine. At least one I saw said that that combination provided something like 85% protection against INFECTION. That is REALLY high for infection by anydisease. The measles vaccines don't even do that I don't think, although they are about 95% effective against the disease. My niece, age 20, did exactly that.

Yes. You can read the first sentence of the below article discussing the study. It says natural immunity provides far superior protection than vaccine immunity. Can you provide those studies you reference?

https://www.science.org/content/article/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-vaccination-remains-vital

confucius say
10-20-2021, 07:42 PM
There are plenty that show it both ways. The preponderance say the MRNA vaxx is better. Here is the first one that popped up. It is about your specific situation. Hence why they want you to get vaccinated too.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

I assume that you are referring to the Israeli pre-print? EDIT: It has now been really published. The points below remain.

This is a great ARTICLE that touches on that and a lot more. This source is always a good read, even when I don't agree with it.
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/natural-immunity-covid-19/

Thanks. Here is another good one. And I've had one dose and covid.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 07:46 PM
I know it can. Not everyone gets it from vax but they do shed it IMO. I know a few people that got Covid right after taking J&J or Phizer (1st or 2nd dose). One got Covid right after having Covid in 1st wave, got the vax, and got it again.

It ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT. It is IMPOSSIBLE. There is no live virus or whole inactivated virus in ANY of them. I can excuse ignorance. Spreading out right lies on this is beyond the pale. I will assume you are just ignorant. Ignorance is not stupidity. Know the difference before you respond.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 07:47 PM

That is the one I was refencing above as having problems.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 07:49 PM
Yes. You can read the first sentence of the below article discussing the study. It says natural immunity provides far superior protection than vaccine immunity. Can you provide those studies you reference?

https://www.science.org/content/article/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-vaccination-remains-vital

This article is a good summery AND it has links to a FEW of the studies.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination

Dawgfan77
10-20-2021, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=Liverpooldawg;1374543]Lol, If you only knew![/QUOTE

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-20-2021, 07:55 PM
This ain't the flu. It's WAY more contagious. Delta is almost measles level in some studies. It's way deadlier than the flu. Flu kills on average an ESTIMATED 60,000 in the US. COVID is over 730,000 in about 19 months. We still mandate measles shots in most places, and measles isn't as deadly as covid. I know someone who got covid twice in two months. The vast majority of studies have shown that natural immunity is not as good as that provided by the MRNA vaccines. I know you can link others that say different, I've seen them too. Personally I would say based on what I've seen that three months would be a reasonable time to wait. The preponderance of the people who know enough to make a true informed choice seem to be saying 2-3 month after a documented case.

Since you like stats, do you look at yesterday's traffic patterns and crash statistics to determine how much you drive the next day? Stop living in fear. As a preacher I figured you would put your faith in the Lord.

First it's me to get the shot to keep my job, then it will be my wife, then my kids. I've see the argument businesses are doing this to keep insurance costs down. What happens when they say they will only cover a family of four going forward to save on costs? Are you going to adjust how many kids you wanted to have based on that?

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 07:55 PM

That's the same study your article and my article were talking about. It has been seized on by every anti vaxxer and crank out there. It doesn't say what they, and you, think it says. It DOES say some of it, but people are leaving out context also contained in the study, such as the actual numbers and not just the ratios. It is also one study. If all you will pay attention to are ones that agree with you then I cant help you. That study was the one I was referencing above when I said I knew you could provide something to back your assertion. Its THE one most linked on certain media. I saw it right after the pre-print came out. Fact remains, even in that study, that you are better off getting the vax even if you have had it.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 08:00 PM
Since you like stats, do you look at yesterday's traffic patterns and crash statistics to determine how much you drive the next day? Stop living in fear. As a preacher I figured you would put your faith in the Lord.

First it's me to get the shot to keep my job, then it will be my wife, then my kids. I've see the argument businesses are doing this to keep insurance costs down. What happens when they say they will only cover a family of four going forward to save on costs? Are you going to adjust how many kids you wanted to have based on that?

Why do you people always assume anyone that has the point of view I do is living in fear? As I have been saying above to that nut that follows me around the internet, if you only knew. WHERE did you get that I'm a preacher? LORD HELP US if that were true, LOL! I'm in a clinical healthcare field, not a physician. I've posted that numerous times. I look at this stuff because I have to to do my job as safely as possible. I even have to sort through CDC stuff directed at my field and try to decipher exactly what it means. This is serious business for me. It's not some bizarre hobby. It's not my first rodeo with stuff like this either. When AIDS first got going it was much the same, the unknown. We did the same then as we are doing now, following the best available recommendations from people who study this kind of things their whole lives. We got a handle on that after a few years, even though we are STILL having to live with and work with what that meant. COVID is going to be no different. At least we DO have a vaxx for COVID, and a pretty good one considering what type of virus and disease it is.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 08:26 PM
Hey... would love to know. I know who you are and don't mind outing you but I been really respectful. But you can continue to post this. But I know who you are. FYI... so by all means. What do I know. Oh you don't want me to post what I know BrO...

Don't doxx people on this board, please. I don't care how pissed you are or how pissed they make you. That's over the line.

confucius say
10-20-2021, 08:39 PM
This article is a good summery AND it has links to a FEW of the studies.

That links to the same study you cited above.
And it is about antibodies, which have nothing to do with long term immunity. That's why the T cell studies are so important and why the double blind Israel study is the gold standard. At least that's what my doctor said.

confucius say
10-20-2021, 08:46 PM
That's the same study your article and my article were talking about. It has been seized on by every anti vaxxer and crank out there. It doesn't say what they, and you, think it says. It DOES say some of it, but people are leaving out context also contained in the study, such as the actual numbers and not just the ratios. It is also one study. If all you will pay attention to are ones that agree with you then I cant help you. That study was the one I was referencing above when I said I knew you could provide something to back your assertion. Its THE one most linked on certain media. I saw it right after the pre-print came out. Fact remains, even in that study, that you are better off getting the vax even if you have had it.

I just googled it.

Care to retort the Israel study that is recognized by the gold standard? It was 32,000 people, not a couple hundred like the American ones and the KY one you linked.

At best, you can say that it is inconclusive whether the vaccine or natural immunity is better. That being the case, why would you insist the ones with natural immunity be treated worse than those with the vaccine?

confucius say
10-20-2021, 08:47 PM
Don't doxx people on this board, please. I don't care how pissed you are or how pissed they make you. That's over the line.

Agree. We can disagree but let's keep it civil

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 09:10 PM
I just googled it.

Care to retort the Israel study that is recognized by the gold standard? It was 32,000 people, not a couple hundred like the American ones and the KY one you linked.

At best, you can say that it is inconclusive whether the vaccine or natural immunity is better. That being the case, why would you insist the ones with natural immunity be treated worse than those with the vaccine?

It's not recognized as the gold standard yet. Both of the articles listed do it better than I can.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 09:12 PM

No surprise from that guy. He has been boarding on it with me too. Threatening to do what he did to beardo will get an IP ban on most boards. It used to here.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 09:29 PM
I just googled it.

Because there are other studies that show different, in fact most of them do. It's still an unknown. If we start to see a lot of well done studies by other researchers (there are still questions about that one) ("questions" don't mean that the study is bogus,) that say the same thing then ok. Read that science based medicine article closely. That guy does a better job explaining it than I ever could. His credentials are also way better than mine. Even the Israeli one says that you are way better off getting the vaccine if you have had COVID. Most all studies are in agreement you are something like two and a half times less likely to be re-infected if you get the vaccine. That well worth doing. I haven't got the booster yet. I was Moderna. I will be in the first or second group when the guidelines are issued. I got my 1st dose in January . If the guidelines are the same as for Pfizer I will be in the first one, job related. I will get it as soon as possible. I would like to stick with Moderna, it's number are a bit better than Pfizer so far.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
No surprise from that guy. He has been boarding on it with me too. Threatening to do what he did to beardo will get an IP ban on most boards. It used to here.

Jeez I didn't know it was me. He has been stalking me for a while. He follows me, and who he thinks is me around several boards.

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 09:33 PM
Hey... would love to know. I know who you are and don't mind outing you but I been really respectful. But you can continue to post this. But I know who you are. FYI... so by all means. What do I know. Oh you don't want me to post what I know BrO...

Interesting, and no surprise. Confirms a lot.

Coach34
10-20-2021, 09:42 PM

As someone that gets it constantly- don’t Doxx that dumb mf’er. Let me enjoy his posts and his stupidity. I don’t want him to lose his job. I just want him to keep posting. Don’t be like Mississippi Rebel people

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 09:47 PM
As someone that gets it constantly- don’t Doxx that dumb mf’er. Let me enjoy his posts and his stupidity. I don’t want him to lose his job. I just want him to keep posting. Don’t be like Mississippi Rebel people

Thanks and my feeling for you is mutual, in a friendly way of course. What you have been through is well known, and terribly wrong. I'm glad you are back.

Activated Alpha
10-20-2021, 10:10 PM
Thread lock in 3,2,1

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2021, 10:16 PM

Thanks. I don't take this stuff personally. That was going a bit too far IMHO.

starkvegasdawg
10-20-2021, 10:26 PM
Thread lock in 3,2,1

I thought that was coming 200 posts ago. Scooba must be having phone trouble.

BeardoMSU
10-20-2021, 10:31 PM
I thought that was coming 200 posts ago. Scooba must be having phone trouble.

I happened to bump into him on his run to the bourbon store 2 days ago. Figured y'all needed to vent.**

https://c.tenor.com/YbCmX8_obPgAAAAd/ace-ventura.gif

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2021, 08:10 AM
I just googled it.

This is an add on. I was still looking at that study last night. I ran across something from a fairly reputable source that had a plausible theory to back up what the Israeli study shows. That's the first time I had seen one of the observations it made. It was technical stuff, cell physiology level minutia, but it gave a frame work that would lead me to accept the hypothesis, IF we get other good studies that duplicate the results. What I would like to see is a non-retrospective study that gets the same result. Retrospective studies can sometimes give wonky results. You need to have an explanation for the results that makes sense. I don't have time to link it right now as I'd have to go back and find it again, if I can I will.

I know it's a fact checker but this kind of lays it out there about that study.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/scicheck-instagram-post-missing-context-about-israeli-study-on-covid-19-natural-immunity/

As I said there are questions about it. That doesn't mean it won't turn out to be correct.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-21-2021, 08:28 AM
I like these discussions. Also why I love sports. Despite different views and opinions, we all unite behind the frustration of the often inept dawgs and our hatred of the sharks! Hail state!

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2021, 09:26 AM
This is an add on. I was still looking at that study last night. I ran across something from a fairly reputable source that had a plausible theory to back up what the Israeli study shows. That's the first time I had seen one of the observations it made. It was technical stuff, cell physiology level minutia, but it gave a frame work that would lead me to accept the hypothesis, IF we get other good studies that duplicate the results. What I would like to see is a non-retrospective study that gets the same result. Retrospective studies can sometimes give wonky results. You need to have an explanation for the results that makes sense. I don't have time to link it right now as I'd have to go back and find it again, if I can I will.

I know it's a fact checker but this kind of lays it out there about that study.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/scicheck-instagram-post-missing-context-about-israeli-study-on-covid-19-natural-immunity/

As I said there are questions about it. That doesn't mean it won't turn out to be correct.

Here is the article. It is from a reputable source.

https://www.rockefeller.edu/news/30919-natural-infection-versus-vaccination-differences-in-covid-antibody-responses-emerge/

ScoobaDawg
10-21-2021, 09:32 AM
I happened to bump into him on his run to the bourbon store 2 days ago. Figured y'all needed to vent.**

https://c.tenor.com/YbCmX8_obPgAAAAd/ace-ventura.gif

That's about right... My life's far too damn busy for this place currently.. 8 more days of my weight loss challenge.. bowling league. countless bourbon get togethers...

Yall have fun. I aint readin this shit..

Yall can burn the place down for all I care right now..

OLJWales
10-21-2021, 09:58 AM
New info out. Fauci lied to Rand Paul regarding U.S. Funding Chi-Com lab making it infectious to people. Whoda thunk it? Bad for STATE athletics , sports and societies. (Keeping it sports related)

Johnson85
10-21-2021, 10:05 AM
It ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT. It is IMPOSSIBLE. There is no live virus or whole inactivated virus in ANY of them. I can excuse ignorance. Spreading out right lies on this is beyond the pale. I will assume you are just ignorant. Ignorance is not stupidity. Know the difference before you respond.

You would have a hard time living with yourself if you didn't.

OLJWales
10-21-2021, 10:10 AM

Ouch. Dat hadda hurt.

Johnson85
10-21-2021, 10:13 AM
That's about right... My life's far too damn busy for this place currently.. 8 more days of my weight loss challenge.. bowling league. countless bourbon get togethers...

I'm no Nostradamus, but I am going to guess that you are struggling in your weight loss challenge.

ScoobaDawg
10-21-2021, 10:30 AM
I'm no Nostradamus, but I am going to guess that you are struggling in your weight loss challenge.

Define struggling... down 22lbs since Aug. 1st and pushing hard to get to 25 by the end at least. Started doing Les Mills 2 days ago for some extra motivation.
Am I happy where I am? nope. but made great progess.

If you are implying you can't lose weight while drinking bourbon.. that's a myth.

OLJWales
10-21-2021, 10:43 AM
Define struggling... down 22lbs since Aug. 1st and pushing hard to get to 25 by the end at least. Started doing Les Mills 2 days ago for some extra motivation.

If you are implying you can't lose weight while drinking bourbon.. that's a myth.

South Beach. Eat similar kinda like a diabetic even if you are not. Replace white breads and rice with beans lentils quionae and shit. Slack on taters. Do not eat till you are stuffed. Snack on nuts and carrots and shit tween meals. Gin, vodka and red wine are the lowest in glycemic levels.

22 lbs since Aug is awesome. You doing something right. Not a believer in starvation diets however as I'm a big believer in providing the needed vitamins and minerals the body needs. The more nutritious the food is, the more time it takes to get hungry again. But at the end of the day, we are all unique and what works for one may not for another..

Johnson85
10-21-2021, 11:06 AM

I am implying that you can't properly participate in a bowling league while losing weight. So I will revise my prediction to you must suck at doing a bowling league. Are you bowling without nachos and hot wings and shitty pizza and pitcher beer? You disgust me.

msstate7
10-21-2021, 12:04 PM
What?s the Status of the Biden Administration?s Workplace Vaccine Mandate?
https://www.lawfareblog.com/whats-status-biden-administrations-workplace-vaccine-mandate

dawgday166
10-21-2021, 12:31 PM

Spike protein in the vax?? Yes. Can folks shed that ... I believe they can. Looking at data .. vax rates go up and then cases go up. Virus was almost completely gone till folks started getting vaxxed. Now I will say I dunno for sure, these are my observations and hypothesis. But I will tell you this ... YOU DON"T KNOW SHIT ABOUT WHAT IS IN VAX EITHER!!!

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2021, 01:35 PM
What?s the Status of the Biden Administration?s Workplace Vaccine Mandate?
https://www.lawfareblog.com/whats-status-biden-administrations-workplace-vaccine-mandate

My company has said 12/8 is the drop dead date to be fully vaxed. After that you're fired. No weekly testing option. Vaxed or the door.

ScoobaDawg
10-21-2021, 02:19 PM
I am implying that you can't properly participate in a bowling league while losing weight. So I will revise my prediction to you must suck at doing a bowling league. Are you bowling without nachos and hot wings and shitty pizza and pitcher beer? You disgust me.

If your eating all that crap while bowling... you aren't serious about bowling. and my league is. I don't even touch the beer or bourbon during the games anymore either.
None of that falls within my diet... nor does any of that stuff look or taste good. it's all crap fast food.
So if you eat that and bowl..

You disgust me...

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2021, 02:30 PM

At least when I'm looking at this board. Thankfully I don't have to deal with it much otherwise.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2021, 02:32 PM
Spike protein in the vax?? Yes. Can folks shed that ... I believe they can. Looking at data .. vax rates go up and then cases go up. Virus was almost completely gone till folks started getting vaxxed. Now I will say I dunno for sure, these are my observations and hypothesis. But I will tell you this ... YOU DON"T KNOW SHIT ABOUT WHAT IS IN VAX EITHER!!!

You are just trolling. No way you can be that ignorant or stupid.

OLJWales
10-21-2021, 04:13 PM

HEY NOW!!! LET FREEOM RULE ED. Can't we all just get along as BULLDOGS? How bout we sing along in UNISON together the new top single blazing to number one on the charts:

"LET'S GO BRANDON!!!"

dawgday166
10-21-2021, 04:29 PM
You are just trolling. No way you can be that ignorant or stupid.

Not trolling ... just figured I'd yell back at you too. I'll admit I don't have all the answers but you act like an authority when you have no real clue and scream at everyone else to get vaxxed cause you scared to friggin death.

There are studies out there about viral shedding from the vaccinated. Whether they're accurate studies or not, I couldn't tell you for sure. But I for one don't trust the CDC as far as I could throw them. There is a TON of conflicting info but what I do know is ... you're the test subject in Phase 3 of the clinical trial. And nothing that's approved by FDA is currently available in the US. These vaccines are Emergency Use Authorization vaccines.

So I choose not to be a test subject myself. You chose to be one. I'm alright with your choice cause ... it's your decision for yourself and not mine to make for you.

Liverpooldawg
10-21-2021, 05:43 PM
Not trolling ... just figured I'd yell back at you too. I'll admit I don't have all the answers but you act like an authority when you have no real clue and scream at everyone else to get vaxxed cause you scared to friggin death.

There are studies out there about viral shedding from the vaccinated. Whether they're accurate studies or not, I couldn't tell you for sure. But I for one don't trust the CDC as far as I could throw them. There is a TON of conflicting info but what I do know is ... you're the test subject in Phase 3 of the clinical trial. And nothing that's approved by FDA is currently available in the US. These vaccines are Emergency Use Authorization vaccines.

So I choose not to be a test subject myself. You chose to be one. I'm alright with your choice cause ... it's your decision for yourself and not mine to make for you.

Why do you people always think that people who have my view on this are living in fear? It's as stupid as those who think that those of us who disagree with the LBGTQABCDEFG agenda fear them. You post so much stuff that is just dead out wrong you have to be trolling. You can't shed virus from the vaccine. It is utterly impossible. Every vaccine and COVID treatment out there in the US has been approved by the FDA, either on emergency approval or in the case of the Pfizer vaxx, full approval. What isn't approved for covid is sheep dip and malaria meds.

BoomBoom
10-21-2021, 10:47 PM

The problem with this analysis is the tens of millions of Americans who are immunocompromised, or otherwise at increased risk from Covid. A lack of participation in a vax program will unnecessarily kill many of these citizens. That your analysis ignores this is ironic given how you've treated Liver here (though God knows he deserves it, just not for this). You clearly don't give a shit about those people so long as you can go back to Applebees. But I already knew that.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-21-2021, 10:58 PM
My company has said 12/8 is the drop dead date to be fully vaxed. After that you're fired. No weekly testing option. Vaxed or the door.

Is there anything in writing that is mandating then to do this? As for the feds, Biden's mandate is as good as Obama's red line. There are multiple lawsuits ongoing and there will be no fed guidance until the defense bill is passed. The vaccine makers are currently protected under the EUA but employers are not. Several large businesses are going to be sued into extinction. How is this good for anyone?

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2021, 11:13 PM
Is there anything in writing that is mandating then to do this? As for the feds, Biden's mandate is as good as Obama's red line. There are multiple lawsuits ongoing and there will be no fed guidance until the defense bill is passed. The vaccine makers are currently protected under the EUA but employers are not. Several large businesses are going to be sued into extinction. How is this good for anyone?

They're saying the federal mandate. They have no choice. And osha has suspended the rule that reactions to the Covid vaccine at work are recordable incidents.

Coach34
10-22-2021, 12:07 AM
https://twitter.com/atensnut/status/1451146778112401411?s=21

Great find back to 1989 to the Big Green Grift

dawgday166
10-22-2021, 12:13 AM
Why do you people always think that people who have my view on this are living in fear? It's as stupid as those who think that those of us who disagree with the LBGTQABCDEFG agenda fear them. You post so much stuff that is just dead out wrong you have to be trolling. You can't shed virus from the vaccine. It is utterly impossible. Every vaccine and COVID treatment out there in the US has been approved by the FDA, either on emergency approval or in the case of the Pfizer vaxx, full approval. What isn't approved for covid is sheep dip and malaria meds.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines

Show me anywhere on there it says anything other than Emergency Use Authorization. It might say approved for EUA but everything is EUA.

As far as sheep dip & malaria meds, if I think that might cure me I should be allowed to take it. It's my body, not the ****ing govt's.

And if this was about saving lives then why did Biden ration monoclonal antibodies? And don't tell me cause there was a supply shortage cause that's bullshit. DeSantis went and made his own deal with a supplier to get them in FL.

And I know that monoclonal antibodies are experimental too, but there is no mRNA or Spike Protein in those, so if I were to get it that is what I would do, if allowed by Biden and CDC. I'll take my chances with that treatment.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2021, 12:22 AM
https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines

Show me anywhere on there it says anything other than Emergency Use Authorization. It might say approved for EUA but everything is EUA.

As far as sheep dip & malaria meds, if I think that might cure me I should be allowed to take it. It's my body, not the ****ing govt's.

And if this was about saving lives then why did Biden ration monoclonal antibodies? And don't tell me cause there was a supply shortage cause that's bullshit. DeSantis went and made his own deal with a supplier to get them in FL.

And I know that monoclonal antibodies are experimental too, but there is no mRNA or Spike Protein in those, so if I were to get it that is what I would do, if allowed by Biden and CDC. I'll take my chances with that treatment.

You absolutely are a troll. Nobody is that dense.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2021, 12:29 AM
The problem with this analysis is the tens of millions of Americans who are immunocompromised, or otherwise at increased risk from Covid. A lack of participation in a vax program will unnecessarily kill many of these citizens. That your analysis ignores this is ironic given how you've treated Liver here (though God knows he deserves it, just not for this). You clearly don't give a shit about those people so long as you can go back to Applebees. But I already knew that.

Welcome to the donnybrook boomer. Really good post. Good Lord have mercy I would never for seen the day we would be on the same side, even on limited issue like this. I always told you boomer, I think for myself. I will absolutely take on my side when they are in the wrong. By the way I'm not sure I have a side anymore. I'm certainly no Democrat. I don't think I belong to the current GOP either, they left me, I didn't leave them. I'm sure we can find plenty to disagree about, I haven't changed and I'm sure you haven't either.

dawgday166
10-22-2021, 12:36 AM
You absolutely are a troll. Nobody is that dense.

Correction .. Pfizer has been approved. Outside of that everything else I said was correct.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2021, 12:39 AM
Correction .. Pfizer has been approved. Outside of that everything else I said was correct.

Lol, what you posted was all wrong. It's a start!

BoomBoom
10-22-2021, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the donnybrook boomer. Really good post. Good Lord have mercy I would never for seen the day we would be on the same side, even on limited issue like this. I always told you boomer, I think for myself. I will absolutely take on my side when they are in the wrong. By the way I'm not sure I have a side anymore. I'm certainly no Democrat. I don't think I belong to the current GOP either, they left me, I didn't leave them. I'm sure we can find plenty to disagree about, I haven't changed and I'm sure you haven't either.

They are who they always were. That you didn't see it for decades is on you. They are behaving no different on this issue than they do on any other. That should open your eyes a good bit, but probably won't.

OLJWales
10-22-2021, 08:06 AM
https://twitter.com/atensnut/status/1451146778112401411?s=21

Great find back to 1989 to the Big Green Grift

I don't understand how this kinda stuff isn't eye opening to ALL.. The alarmists running this scam are raking in. trillions while nobody seems to understand money trails. Energy is the foundation of our economy and is paid for by everybody who buys ANYTHING. Saving the rain forests is MUCH more important than this cow fart bullshit we are being subjected to. Sending federal grant money to schools like STATE to continue improving on food per acre would work wonders on that and other places. But that kinda common sense isn't swampy enough for those in charge. How bout back to the basics like clean air and water? Air particulates impacting respiratory health and shit.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2021, 08:36 AM

Unreal. The Pfizer vaccine has full FDA approval. If you get COVID at least you won't have worms or malaria on top of it.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2021, 08:43 AM
They are who they always were. That you didn't see it for decades is on you. They are behaving no different on this issue than they do on any other. That should open your eyes a good bit, but probably won't.

Boomer unlike you and them I think for myself. My stance on a particular issue isn't tied to a party and never has been. I'm still a staunch conservative, that hasn't changed. Now whether I'm still a Republican is something I don't know myself right now. I'm no Democrat, THAT is for sure.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2021, 08:48 AM

The courts are going to back up vaccine mandates in the end. They have been doing that for well over 100 years.

BoomBoom
10-22-2021, 08:55 AM
Boomer unlike you and them I think for myself. My stance on a particular issue isn't tied to a party and never has been. I'm still a staunch conservative, that hasn't changed. Now whether I'm still a Republican is something I don't know myself right now. I'm no Democrat, THAT is for sure.

I never mentioned a Party. The CONSERVATIVES are who they always were.

OLJWales
10-22-2021, 09:05 AM
I think the WH policy is on all federal employees, federal contractors and companies employing over 100 but have yet to point any guns at citizens YET.

Meanwhile companies are using this to drive down health care costs and pulling out their own guns on their workers. I would be willing to bet Big Pharma is greasing those insurance palms.

BoomBoom
10-22-2021, 09:10 AM
The courts are going to back up vaccine mandates in the end. They have been doing that for well over 100 years.

That's certainly what the precedents lead to. But the "conservatives" on the courts, that you've championed for so long, have no qualms about ignoring obvious law and precedent when it suits the politics of the movement. If you would open your eyes, you'd see that. And has been aluded to herein, past religious exemption rulings regarding the govt providing alternative means for citizens to fulfill the govts compelling interest gives the courts a foothold to stick it to Biden if they want to. And you know they want to.

basedog
10-22-2021, 10:21 AM
None of this is sports related, at least move this post to the political board. I haven't read much but 20 pages long that has nothing to do with Msu and sports.

Where are the so called moderators?

P.S. And don't tell me if I don't like it don't read or post, I'm interested in sports on ED!

dawgman15
10-22-2021, 10:38 AM
None of this is sports related, at least move this post to the political board. I haven't read much but 20 pages long that has nothing to do with Msu and sports.

Where are the so called moderators?

P.S. And don't tell me if I don't like it don't read or post, I'm interested in sports on ED!

Thank you Base, get this shit about vaccines out of here. I come here for MSU related things. I don't give a damn about your opinion on the vaccine and if you think you're going to change someone's mind about it on a message board for MSU sports then you're just wasting your time

Johnson85
10-22-2021, 11:34 AM

This is not ignoring them. If it weren't a leaky vaccine, then that would be a much stronger argument. But there is no eliminating risk for those people. They are at risk from the flu and other virsuses also. It would be better if our government and related institutions weren't so hopelessly corrupt and incompetent, because it definitely would be better for immunocompromised people if more people got vaccinated, and there are a lot of unvaccinated people that probably would have gotten the vaccine if the government and related institutions and individuals hadn't been so focused on things other than persuading people to get the vaccine. Shitty politicians and governemnt and bureaucrats and institutions are the worst for the most vulnerable. I wish people in charge gave more of a shit, but they don't.

And nice elitist shot at Applebees. I'm certainly not a fan of applebees, but I'm also not the kind of ass hole that thinks just because I don't like it that other people wanting to go there is somehow an illegitimate preference that shouldn't count compared to what "better" people want to do.

Johnson85
10-22-2021, 11:41 AM
They're saying the federal mandate. They have no choice. And osha has suspended the rule that reactions to the Covid vaccine at work are recordable incidents.

If they are digging in on 12/8, your company is probably a government contractor or subcontractor subject to Biden's executive order. The 12/8 deadline depends on how recently your company has signed (or extended an existing) a federal contract, but lots of companies are just latching onto it for simplicity.

Alternatively your company is not a federal contractor and is just pretending they have a 12/8 deadline because they want to save on insurance costs and deflect blame for the mandate.

BoomBoom
10-22-2021, 11:47 AM
This is not ignoring them. If it weren't a leaky vaccine, then that would be a much stronger argument. But there is no eliminating risk for those people. They are at risk from the flu and other virsuses also. It would be better if our government and related institutions weren't so hopelessly corrupt and incompetent, because it definitely would be better for them if more people got vaccinated, and there are a lot of unvaccinated people that probably would have gotten the vaccine if they hadn't been so focused on things other than persuading people to get the vaccine. Shitty politicians and governemnt and bureaucrats and institutions are the worst for the most vulnerable. I wish people in charge gave more of a shit, but they don't.

And nice elitist shot at Applebees. I'm certainly not a fan of applebees, but I'm also not the kind of ass hole that thinks just because I don't like it that other people wanting to go there is somehow an illegitimate preference that shouldn't count compared to what "better" people want to do.

It unquestioningly massively reduces their risk, so you very much are ignoring them. There is NEVER such as a thing as eliminating all risk. Our corrupt corporate govt is irrelevent here. Applesbees was just a placeholder for any generic public activity, no "elitist" shot or statement on its quality or lack thereof intended.

Bottom line, you just don't care about a massive increase in risk to a large chunk of the nation that can be massively reduced by a simple mandate onto the public of massively low risk. If you did, you wouldnt be blithely dismissing it like you are. And it's clear that the reason you don't care is self interest. All those at risk people can 17 off and die before you'll consider the slightest imposition on yourself. And you aren't honest enough to admit to your current position's inconsistancy with any prior assessments as to risk vs reward for freedom vs goct requirements, whether personal or not.

Bigger picture: many people currently are under the mistaken impression that "freedom" means that their any selfish desire comes before any responsibilities to the public or nation whatsoever, and they are very wrong about that, at least as far as this country's govt has historically ruled.

OLJWales
10-22-2021, 01:11 PM
Maybe we need a thread estimating how many lives would be saved reducing the max speed to fiddy MPH.

BoomBoom
10-22-2021, 01:25 PM
Maybe we need a thread estimating how many lives would be saved reducing the max speed to fiddy MPH.

Probably a good many. But of course we also save many by having it at 70, which of course is a minor imposition on everyone. Freedom vs safety/security. Who decides where that tradeoff happens? Our duly appointed legislature (when they don't pass the buck to the executive). No one is naive enough to run around yelling how unconstitutional speed limits are, or how they're tyranny designed to put us under "their" thumb.

Thanks, that was a great example.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2021, 01:28 PM
https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-vaccine-mandates-are-surviving-nearly-all-court-challenges-11634904317

The courts are following the over century old precedent when it comes to mandates.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2021, 01:32 PM
That's certainly what the precedents lead to. But the "conservatives" on the courts, that you've championed for so long, have no qualms about ignoring obvious law and precedent when it suits the politics of the movement. If you would open your eyes, you'd see that. And has been aluded to herein, past religious exemption rulings regarding the govt providing alternative means for citizens to fulfill the govts compelling interest gives the courts a foothold to stick it to Biden if they want to. And you know they want to.

As of now they are almost all staying with the precedent, as they should. The original case in 1905 was a religious objector.

Liverpooldawg
10-22-2021, 01:36 PM

Yeah, maybe get rid of those stop signs and traffic lights too. Those violate my right to get where I'm going in the fastest way possible.

Percho
10-22-2021, 02:47 PM
Yeah, maybe get rid of those stop signs and traffic lights too. Those violate my right to get where I'm going in the fastest way possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8bfNplEmfo&ab_channel=VocalBoothToGo

Johnson85
10-22-2021, 03:49 PM
It unquestioningly massively reduces their risk, so you very much are ignoring them. There is NEVER such as a thing as eliminating all risk. Our corrupt corporate govt is irrelevent here. . It's not irrelevant. Public trust is a valuable asset. The vaccination rate is much lower than it would be if they had not squandered it by being corrupt and incompetent.

Applesbees was just a placeholder for any generic public activity, no "elitist" shot or statement on its quality or lack thereof intended.

Bottom line, you just don't care about a massive increase in risk to a large chunk of the nation that can be massively reduced by a simple mandate onto the public of massively low risk. If you did, you wouldnt be blithely dismissing it like you are. And it's clear that the reason you don't care is self interest. All those at risk people can 17 off and die before you'll consider the slightest imposition on yourself. And you aren't honest enough to admit to your current position's inconsistancy with any prior assessments as to risk vs reward for freedom vs goct requirements, whether personal or not. It's not about not caring, it's about recognizing what's an appropriate role of the threat or use of force. I get my flu vaccine every year not because I am worried about myself but because I am don't want to pass it on to people that are susceptible to the flu. But I recognize that it's not legitimate to use the threat of force to make people get a flu vaccine.

Bigger picture: many people currently are under the mistaken impression that "freedom" means that their any selfish desire comes before any responsibilities to the public or nation whatsoever, and they are very wrong about that, at least as far as this country's govt has historically ruled. No, many people are under the mistaken impression that freedom doesn't have any negative consequences. It'd be better if people didn't go interact with the public when they feel like shit. But we don't go around arresting and beating people that are out with colds and potentially the flu. It'd be better if they were more responsible, but most people are not dense enough to think that giving the government the power to go around arresting them is an improvement. We choose freedom even though there are times people use it poorly.

Some people are scared to death of COVID, and they think that excuses them being huge assholes. As is the case with the flu and the common cold, some people are really ass holes about what risks they expose other people to. There are ass holes everywhere everyday and neither force nor the threat of force is the appropriate response in the vast majority of situations.

BoomBoom
10-22-2021, 04:15 PM
It's not irrelevant. Public trust is a valuable asset. The vaccination rate is much lower than it would be if they had not squandered it by being corrupt and incompetent.

It's not about not caring, it's about recognizing what's an appropriate role of the threat or use of force. I get my flu vaccine every year not because I am worried about myself but because I am don't want to pass it on to people that are susceptible to the flu. But I recognize that it's not legitimate to use the threat of force to make people get a flu vaccine.

No, many people are under the mistaken impression that freedom doesn't have any negative consequences. It'd be better if people didn't go interact with the public when they feel like shit. But we don't go around arresting and beating people that are out with colds and potentially the flu. It'd be better if they were more responsible, but most people are not dense enough to think that giving the government the power to go around arresting them is an improvement. We choose freedom even though there are times people use it poorly.

Some people are scared to death of COVID, and they think that excuses them being huge assholes. As is the case with the flu and the common cold, some people are really ass holes about what risks they expose other people to. There are ass holes everywhere everyday and neither force nor the threat of force is the appropriate response in the vast majority of situations.

See, there you go again. Its about people "scared to death of Covid, and they think that excuses them being huge assholes". A, no mention here that this is about immunocompromised people who have legitimate concerns, and B, they're being "huge assholes" by wanting people to......checks notes.....get a vaccine and wear a mask. Also C, "threat of force"? All I'm aware of is people losing their jobs. You suddenly against employing at will now? Because that level of hypocrisy would be entirely on brand for you.

And I'm not even going to go into the tinfoil hat stuff of the govt is corrupt and incompetent because they won't admit to the crazy things I heard they did. The vax rate is low because the GOP took a stand that way, and their sheep followed. Some misstatement by Fauci or whatever had nothing to do with it. Those sheep sure aint scared of Regeneron. Where's the lack of trust effect there?

msstate7
10-22-2021, 11:11 PM
This looks like an old school thread on the old politics board now that boom and Johnson arguing. Just missing gordon gekko now...

Commercecomet24
10-23-2021, 12:27 AM
What was this thread about again?

starkvegasdawg
10-23-2021, 07:21 AM
What was this thread about again?

I think somebody asked about a good brownie recipe.***

Liverpooldawg
10-23-2021, 10:06 AM
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/covid-19-reinfection-likely-for-unvaccinated-study-suggests.html?origin=BHRE&utm_source=BHRE&utm_medium=email&utm_content=newsletter&oly_enc_id=5756C7918623B8Z

msstate7
10-23-2021, 10:34 AM
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/covid-19-reinfection-likely-for-unvaccinated-study-suggests.html?origin=BHRE&utm_source=BHRE&utm_medium=email&utm_content=newsletter&oly_enc_id=5756C7918623B8Z

"Reinfection can reasonably happen in three months or less," lead author Jeffrey Townsend, PhD, the Elihu Professor of Biostatistics at the Yale School of Public Health, said in a news release. "Therefore, those who have been naturally infected should get vaccinated. Previous infection alone can offer very little long-term protection against subsequent infections."

How many cnfirrmed re-infections last year before vaccines?

Liverpooldawg
10-23-2021, 11:05 AM
"Reinfection can reasonably happen in three months or less," lead author Jeffrey Townsend, PhD, the Elihu Professor of Biostatistics at the Yale School of Public Health, said in a news release. "Therefore, those who have been naturally infected should get vaccinated. Previous infection alone can offer very little long-term protection against subsequent infections."

How many cnfirrmed re-infections last year before vaccines?
No idea. I personally know a few.

msstate7
10-23-2021, 11:21 AM
No idea. I personally know a few.

"Cases of reinfection with COVID-19 have been reported, but remain rare​.​"

August 6, 2021

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/reinfection.html

No idea what "rare" is, but it doesn't imply "refection can reasonably happen in 3 months or less".

msstate7
10-23-2021, 12:23 PM
Sweden Suspends Moderna Shot Indefinitely After Vaxxed Patients Develop Crippling Heart Condition

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/sweden-suspends-moderna-shot-indefinitely-after-vaxxed-patients-develop-crippling-heart

"Swedish health officials have now decided that a moratorium on giving the Moderna vaccine to anyone under 31 will be extended indefinitely, the U.K. Daily Mail reported. The pause on the Moderna shots had been scheduled to end on Dec. 1.

Finland, Iceland and Denmark have taken similar steps. Norway is encouraging men under 30 not to get the Moderna shot, but is not mandating it.

For months, the Moderna vaccine has been under scrutiny because of data that shows young men who receive it are at increased risk for myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac around the heart...."

Dawg Tired
10-23-2021, 01:01 PM
Dont worry, you will eventually do it willingly!

This is the exact reason I know I am on the right side of this argument. I believe if you and/or your doctor think you should get then I back that decision whole heartedly. But to witness this take and many others citing ?Oh you?ll take it and you?ll like it or we will cancel you?. Wow. And then call the live and let live beliefs as tyranny? I just can?t believe these people are real.

Liverpooldawg
10-23-2021, 03:14 PM
Sweden Suspends Moderna Shot Indefinitely After Vaxxed Patients Develop Crippling Heart Condition

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/sweden-suspends-moderna-shot-indefinitely-after-vaxxed-patients-develop-crippling-heart

"Swedish health officials have now decided that a moratorium on giving the Moderna vaccine to anyone under 31 will be extended indefinitely, the U.K. Daily Mail reported. The pause on the Moderna shots had been scheduled to end on Dec. 1.

Finland, Iceland and Denmark have taken similar steps. Norway is encouraging men under 30 not to get the Moderna shot, but is not mandating it.

For months, the Moderna vaccine has been under scrutiny because of data that shows young men who receive it are at increased risk for myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac around the heart...."

You do know COVID causes that too right? And at a MUCH higher rate and generally much more severe cases. The vaccine cases rarely require any treatment beyond OTC meds. Not so the COVID caused cases. I had Moderna, hoping to get the booster next week.

Liverpooldawg
10-23-2021, 03:16 PM
This is the exact reason I know I am on the right side of this argument. I believe if you and/or your doctor think you should get then I back that decision whole heartedly. But to witness this take and many others citing ?Oh you?ll take it and you?ll like it or we will cancel you?. Wow. And then call the live and let live beliefs as tyranny? I just can?t believe these people are real.

Except it's let ME do whatever I want, and I don't care if you die. I have a hard time believing those people are real.

msstate7
10-23-2021, 03:24 PM
You do know COVID causes that too right? And at a MUCH higher rate and generally much more severe cases. The vaccine cases rarely require any treatment beyond OTC meds. Not so the COVID caused cases. I had Moderna, hoping to get the booster next week.

I just posted an article. Tell Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, and Finland

Dawg Tired
10-23-2021, 05:07 PM
Except it's let ME do whatever I want, and I don't care if you die. I have a hard time believing those people are real.

If you are vaccinated how do I affect you by not getting the shot? You made my point for me. I am still in awe at how people like you really exist.

vindastra
10-24-2021, 08:22 AM
If you are vaccinated how do I affect you by not getting the shot? You made my point for me. I am still in awe at how people like you really exist.

The kids are not. Essentially the whole issue is this:

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aDDAQR7_700bwp.webp

Dawg Tired
10-24-2021, 09:13 AM
The kids are not. Essentially the whole issue is this:

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aDDAQR7_700bwp.webp
So let me get this straight, the COVID shot works so well that I should be forced to get or my ability to provide for my family should be terminated. But it doesn?t work well enough to protect those around me? Makes perfect sense. I guess I am the selfish one.

AROB44
10-24-2021, 12:07 PM
So let me get this straight, the COVID shot works so well that I should be forced to get or my ability to provide for my family should be terminated. But it doesn?t work well enough to protect those around me? Makes perfect sense. I guess I am the selfish one.

Just curious, do you feel the same way about having to take a drug test?

Liverpooldawg
10-24-2021, 12:13 PM

Yes, you are the selfish one. There are people around you that you interact with that it doesn't work well for. You don't exist in a vacuum.

Dawg Tired
10-24-2021, 12:21 PM
Yes, you are the selfish one. There are people around you that you interact with that it doesn't work well for. You don't exist in a vacuum.
I appreciate you enlightening me on this. I was under the assumption I could spread it whether or not I had the shot. I guess my natural immunity is not as good as the shot. I guess I should trust this new science.
Either the shot works so well that it should be forced on everyone or people are still vulnerable after receiving the shot. Pick one.

Dawg Tired
10-24-2021, 12:23 PM
Just curious, do you feel the same way about having to take a drug test?
When I was hired, I agreed that I would not take drugs and would submit to random drug tests. I uphold that end of the bargain.

dalmuti
10-25-2021, 10:48 AM
get the shot, dinguses

Matt3467
10-25-2021, 04:33 PM

The FDA is actually being sued right now for their bait and switch with the vaccine. They have military doctors that are faking labels to try and convince people they're getting something different than what's actually being given. People are being told they're getting the approved Pfizer vaxx, Comirnaty, but they're actually still getting the one that's been under EUA (no they're not the same thing). The FDA says the two are medically interchangeable in ways that don't impact safety and efficacy but it's misleading because under the EUA approvals you don't have to comply with good manufacturing policies and also under the EUA you're completely immune from liability. Once it shifts to a licensed product it has to go through a different manufacturing process, it has to meet good manufacturing policies, it has to be distributed in a certain way. Contrary to what the FDA said it is medically different; they claim it won't impact safety and efficacy but that's mostly speculative and it has a whole different legal liability risk and by law cannot be compelled. This is the big issue right now with the military and their vaccine mandate and why it's being called a bait and switch - https://www.yahoo.com/now/children-health-defense-sues-food-152300483.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAD8wDEhgiu_WalbrE5w_Q60fHRH3 UM0uBUxlucf90PL7akEqEtl3wdhJ9h_QWA4eusJB3zHYlCbrkI _AswqJq4ukKRDrfJnFWvWXM1eAc1247mJZw1arpzoLIkkCRPSk Iw7M6bfL13R66aItEpw04hdxyKMl8F8YOZUZqKEToLG2 - the words of Robert Barnes, one of the lawyers leading the lawsuit

Under the law anything under an EUA cannot be forced. There's an informed consent requirement and that's the Nuremburg Code put into law. Lloyd Austin, the Defense Secretary, said the only vaccine they're going to require is the licensed Pfizer approved vaccine or in other words, Comirnaty, not the EUA ones. Pfizer has said they won't be producing the Comirnaty ones for months. It's deceptive marketing to manipulate people into getting the "approved" shot when in all actuality they're getting the same one under EUA.

BayouDawg
10-25-2021, 04:40 PM

When someone is forced to get the vaccine and dies from complications is that due to you being selfish or is that ok because it is for the greater good? Rare or not one life is too many.