PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy?

Maverick91
10-17-2021, 03:35 PM
End of season. Truly, what makes you happy?

Rules:

Leach cannot be fired.

For me 8-4 wins against arky, Kentucky, ole piss, vandy, tenn. state.

If we end up 7-5 it better not be ole piss or ten.state and it better be a heart breaker.

Homedawg
10-17-2021, 03:55 PM

Rules:

Leach cannot be fired.

If we end up 7-5 it better not be ole piss or ten.state and it better be a heart breaker.

You aren't going to be happy...

Maverick91
10-17-2021, 04:03 PM
You aren't going to be happy...

I know… I’m a State fan.

Todd4State
10-17-2021, 04:06 PM
Yeah I'd be happy with that.

Commercecomet24
10-17-2021, 04:10 PM
I said at beginning of season I expected 6 maybe 7 wins and I still think we get 6 and a bowl,, so we're about where I thought we'd be.

Quaoarsking
10-17-2021, 04:13 PM
Don't get blown out in any of our last 6 games. Finish 7-5. Win the bowl. Improve again next year.

Todd4State
10-17-2021, 04:14 PM
I said at beginning of season I expected 6 maybe 7 wins and I still think we get 6 and a bowl,, so we're about where I thought we'd be.

Yeah. I thought we would be 3-3 at this point. Thought we would beat Memphis and lose to A&M on the road through.

I'm not too concerned at this point honestly. We were intimidated by Alabama which is disappointing but the potential is still there.

TrapGame
10-17-2021, 04:33 PM
6-6 or better. Win the bowl game. I'm happy.

If we go 5-7 Leach is on the hot seat and just finishing 6-6 next season ain't gonna cut it.

I expect more next year if we finish 6-6. I want 8-4 or better next season.

TrapGame
10-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Yeah. I thought we would be 3-3 at this point. Thought we would beat Memphis and lose to A&M on the road through.

I'm not too concerned at this point honestly. We were intimidated by Alabama which is disappointing but the potential is still there.

Saban wasn't going to look bad in this game let alone lose it. He rode their asses all week and the players stepped up.

Todd4State
10-17-2021, 04:54 PM
Saban wasn't going to look bad in this game let alone lose it. He rode their asses all week and the players stepped up.

I don't disagree but we should have played better. And we had players in interviews saying they were intimidated.

TrapGame
10-17-2021, 04:57 PM
I don't disagree but we should have played better. And we had players in interviews saying they were intimidated.

I think we had some guys on defense that quit. And we had lazy WRs running wrong routes. But, a focused Bama can be intimidating. They were focused. Thanks Jimbo.

Jack Lambert
10-17-2021, 04:57 PM
What changed since last week? We knew we were going to get beat by Bama. Bye weeks kill you. You lose momentum, timing and you are rusty. Next week they will look like champions again. We still get to six or seven wins. You can agree or not agree. Don't care.

QuadrupleOption
10-17-2021, 06:22 PM

Rules:

Leach cannot be fired.

6+ wins is improvement over last season. I don't know if "happy" is the right term, but I'll be okay if we get that number. I expect us to be better next season though and not drop games and/or struggle with shit teams we have no business doing that to.

Dawgfan77
10-17-2021, 07:06 PM
I think we had some guys on defense that quit. And we had lazy WRs running wrong routes. But, a focused Bama can be intimidating. They were focused. Thanks Jimbo.

Building that toughness.... Leach Beach baby

Leeshouldveflanked
10-17-2021, 07:43 PM
Last night looked very JoeMo ish from an effort and execution standpoint.

lastmajordog
10-17-2021, 07:47 PM
del

CadaverDawg
10-17-2021, 07:53 PM
Beat Vandy, UK, Arkansas, Ten St, and Ole Miss. Only way I'm "happy".

Wouldn't take as much if we had beaten Memphis and LSU like we should have.

Tater
10-17-2021, 09:41 PM
Happy with the direction of the football team? Having 0 quit by our players the rest of the year (or benching their ass) and make a bowl game.

Happy based on the outcome of a game? I've learned to accept that I really shouldn't attribute my happiness to MSU football. It's toxic. Plus I can always remind myself we have a natty now. So I can enjoy shit show performances like last night without needing to be a miserable sack of shit. No way in **** was I letting a loss to bama ruin a weekend in Starkville for me.

That being said the Egg Bowl will probably piss me off if we **** that one up. Hardwired into my brain to hang my hat on that one.

Happy with the program? When the athletic department gives me something to be happy about. Utterly pathetic social media presence, gameday "experience" and really it starts from the top down. Needs to be a clean house but the ones who make the decision to clean house need to be cleaned out too. So that won't happen. So I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and enjoy my day until MSU itself buys in. Crazy we can't figure this shit out when we did it with baseball. Makes me wonder if the top does care about football...

shoeless joe
10-17-2021, 09:50 PM
I?ve said for years I?d take a baseball natty over anything else in college athletics?so hell yeah I?m happy.

As far as football goes I?d be happy with a bowl game. I do think we should at least finish reg season at 7-5

Maroonthirteen
10-18-2021, 09:38 AM
I am a realist. I can be happy with 6-8 wins. However beat your rivals. 6-6 isn't much fun when you lose to all the local rivals.......Memphis, Alabama, Arkansas and OM. Beat OM to finish with 6 or 7 wins, I will be grinning.

Liverpooldawg
10-18-2021, 09:53 AM
6-6

msugolf
10-18-2021, 10:06 AM
Im apathetic. Dont really care about watching the games. Recruiting is meh. QB should be playing at Delta State. Running game is ..well there is no running game. The offense is about as entertaining as an English lit class. And we are basically being forced to watch this for 2 more years so I will spend my time and money elsewhere

msstate7
10-18-2021, 10:15 AM
Im apathetic. Dont really care about watching the games. Recruiting is meh. QB should be playing at Delta State. Running game is ..well there is no running game. The offense is about as entertaining as an English lit class. And we are basically being forced to watch this for 2 more years so I will spend my time and money elsewhere

I take it you aren't impressed

HancockCountyDog
10-18-2021, 10:23 AM
What is funny is that after we beat Vandy by 30 everyone will be looking for our next game and take a damn breath.

I thought we had a shot against Bama, but Saban did a great job giving us looks we haven't seen all season. I think Will got so used to variations of the 3-8 that he didn't know what to do when a faced with pressure and we simply didn't have a counter.

I doubt many teams will be that smart all season. We can still win 7-8 games. Anyone that thinks we can't is just posting for fun.

None of this means I like the offense we are running, but at the end of the day we can still have a solid season.

msstate7
10-18-2021, 10:35 AM
What is funny is that after we beat Vandy by 30 everyone will be looking for our next game and take a damn breath.

I thought we had a shot against Bama, but Saban did a great job giving us looks we haven't seen all season. I think Will got so used to variations of the 3-8 that he didn't know what to do when a faced with pressure and we simply didn't have a counter.

I doubt many teams will be that smart all season. We can still win 7-8 games. Anyone that thinks we can't is just posting for fun.

None of this means I like the offense we are running, but at the end of the day we can still have a solid season.

7-8 wins? Like regular season?

Santiago
10-18-2021, 10:36 AM
I like the offense we are running in that even against Alabama in the first quarter, other than INT's , we would move the ball quickly. Seems as the game goes deeper, we slow down. The early quick pace is something I hope we continue.

Not making excuses for Leach, but he is still playing with players he walked into, and building his team of skill players and Oline. We had alot of misses in Oline recruiting for several years. So for that I do want to see what he builds over another year or so.
Depth at QB and WR by next year will be unlike anything we have had at MSU.

I am happy other than us giving 2 losses away this year.
To be happy for end of season record I would say 6 minimum. We need to take 2 W's minimum from Arkansas/Kentucky/Auburn/Ole Miss.

PendingTransaction
10-18-2021, 10:37 AM
At this point 6 wins would surpass my expectations, 7 would quite the feat.

msugolf
10-18-2021, 10:49 AM
I like the offense we are running in that even against Alabama in the first quarter, other than INT's , we would move the ball quickly. Seems as the game goes deeper, we slow down. The early quick pace is something I hope we continue.

Not making excuses for Leach, but he is still playing with players he walked into, and building his team of skill players and Oline. We had alot of misses in Oline recruiting for several years. So for that I do want to see what he builds over another year or so.
Depth at QB and WR by next year will be unlike anything we have had at MSU.

I am happy other than us giving 2 losses away this year.
To be happy for end of season record I would say 6 minimum. We need to take 2 W's minimum from Arkansas/Kentucky/Auburn/Ole Miss.

You're gonna have to show me this depth. Our current backup QB is a walk-on from Jackson Prep and the 2 freshmen seem for right now to be big misses, hell one of them would rather play baseball. And outside of Polk and Walley, I'm not seeing anything that jumps out to me as dynamic.

StarkVegasSteve
10-18-2021, 11:08 AM
What changed since last week? We knew we were going to get beat by Bama. Bye weeks kill you. You lose momentum, timing and you are rusty. Next week they will look like champions again. We still get to six or seven wins. You can agree or not agree. Don't care.

Jack where do you see 3-4 more wins on this schedule. I'll give you Vandy and TSU but I have trouble seeing us be able to beat any of the remaining 4 (UK, Arky, Barn, and OM). I feel like Arky is our best chance and we have to go there.

Santiago
10-18-2021, 11:30 AM
You're gonna have to show me this depth. Our current backup QB is a walk-on from Jackson Prep and the 2 freshmen seem for right now to be big misses, hell one of them would rather play baseball. And outside of Polk and Walley, I'm not seeing anything that jumps out to me as dynamic.

How does a true freshman look already like a big miss? You have a point though that maybe we have to see them develop first. But TX HS QBs are usually much more developed against better competition than what we have typically signed.
WR's no question we are better overall and with depth than we ever were, and it has only been 1 whole recruiting cycle so far.
At the very least we are improving in skill players, and Oline.

Johnson85
10-18-2021, 11:33 AM

Shit, I thought I was an optimist. I can see 7 games. I don't expect it, but it's definitely doable if Will's AC joint sprain doesn't affect his play. But 8 means we win 3 out of Ark, UM, UK, and Auburn. That just seems out of reach.

HancockCountyDog
10-18-2021, 12:01 PM
7-8 wins? Like regular season?

We are beating Vandy and TN Tech. So we are talking two more wins.

If you aren't paying attention, the bears are losing players left and right. Only reason they beat UT was because Corral stayed upright just long enough. Against A&M, AU and even LSU, that won't last. They don't have playmakers at WR and we can stop the run.

I think we can score against their defense, because well - they are awful.

If you think we had a better chance to beat A&M on the road than we do to beat the bears at home, well I can't help you.

Just because I think Leach's system has been figured out, doesn't mean I don't think we can win games this season. We have Kentucky at home and a road game against Arkansas team that is reeling. We can certainly win 2 of the games I just mentioned, and that doesn't even include a free shot against AU.

msstate7
10-18-2021, 12:11 PM

If you aren't paying attention, the bears are losing players left and right. Only reason they beat UT was because Corral stayed upright just long enough. Against A&M, AU and even LSU, that won't last. They don't have playmakers at WR and we can stop the run.

If you think we had a better chance to beat A&M on the road than we do to beat the bears at home, well I can't help you.

Just because I think Leach's system has been figured out, doesn't mean I don't think we can win games this season. We have Kentucky at home and a road game against Arkansas team that is reeling. We can certainly win 2 of the games I just mentioned, and that doesn't even include a free shot against AU.

We'll see. We don't even know if we'll have our qb for those games

PikeDawg15
10-18-2021, 12:32 PM

Rules:

Leach cannot be fired.

I would be happy with this

Blowout win @Vanderbilt 44-13

im Ok with losing to kentucky close in starkville..... 31-27

Go to Arkansas and steal a game 28-27

Play a competitive game @auburn 27-17

blowout win against tennessee state 51-14

Win the egg bowl in starkville.... we really do need this egg bowl bad....

finish 7-5 and go to a bowl game and finish 8-5 would have people back on the ship for next year

StarkVegasSteve
10-18-2021, 12:57 PM

As others have stated a lot of this depends on who we have at QB because if an injured Will is still better than Lovertich, Robertson, or Greek then we are in a WORLD of trouble. I do agree with you that the only reason OM won against UT was Corral. I mean it took a Herculean performance from him and the refs helping for them to get that one. I think we'll be able to move the ball on them. I also think a pissed off Orgeron and LSU roll up there this weekend and take one from the Rebs because now Orgeron is back in his element "Interim HC". If you're counting Saturday's game he's now 13-4 as an interim.

yjnkdawg
10-18-2021, 10:07 PM

This ........If Bama had played TAMU this past Saturday night, they would have probably blown TAMU out. This was a good teaching time for Saban on focus and execution, as Bama had lost that when they played TAMU. A loss was probably what Bama needed, but we just didn't need to play them after it. Saban had Bama 100% ready, and was planning on making a statement in our game, and Will Anderson had gotten his teammates' attention and had them fired up too.