PDA

View Full Version : O done at seasons end

Msujd164
10-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Ross Dellenger

@RossDellenger
? 9m
#LSU and Ed Orgeron have reached a separation agreement: He will not return in 2022 but expected to complete this season, sources tell @SINow.

Negotiations began last week before UF win.

It?s unprecedented in the sport - coach & school divorcing 21 months after winning it all.

TUSK
10-17-2021, 12:24 PM
Ross Dellenger

@RossDellenger
? 9m
#LSU and Ed Orgeron have reached a separation agreement: He will not return in 2022 but expected to complete this season, sources tell @SINow.

Negotiations began last week before UF win.

It?s unprecedented in the sport - coach & school divorcing 21 months after winning it all.

Dang.

defiantdog
10-17-2021, 12:24 PM
Works for them since they can go out and get a good coach. LSU recruits itself for the most part anyways. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go after Mel Tucker. It worked last time they grabbed the Mich state coach.

parabrave
10-17-2021, 12:28 PM
Heck they treated him better than Aubbie did Chizeck.

MetEdDawg
10-17-2021, 12:40 PM
This is a smart move by them. I didn't like this yesterday when it seemed like it might be a straight mid season fire, but them doing it the way they with him coaching it out makes some sense.

They keep everything together to give themselves the best chance to keep winning and not look like a total dumpster fire while at the same time giving them time to work on recruits and not letting the emotion of a last minute December coaching change affect recruiting.

Offer Joe Brady 7 million a year, offer Eric Bieniemy 6 million a year, then fall back to Napier if those 2 won't leave their NFL OC jobs

was21
10-17-2021, 12:43 PM
Doubt if they would even consider Tucker...reason undisclosed

chef dixon
10-17-2021, 12:54 PM
Hopefully they rally behind him this Saturday

TrapGame
10-17-2021, 01:06 PM
Now watch LSU win every game left. It ain't crazy.

Do they play it safe w/ Napier or go all in w/ Freeze?

parabrave
10-17-2021, 01:06 PM
This is a smart move by them. I didn't like this yesterday when it seemed like it might be a straight mid season fire, but them doing it the way they with him coaching it out makes some sense.

They keep everything together to give themselves the best chance to keep winning and not look like a total dumpster fire while at the same time giving them time to work on recruits and not letting the emotion of a last minute December coaching change affect recruiting.

Offer Joe Brady 7 million a year, offer Eric Bieniemy 6 million a year, then fall back to Napier if those 2 won't leave their NFL OC jobs

Brady and Bieniemy might be coaching in Jacksonville next year. Heck Bieniemy might be waiting for Reid to call it quits. But those are NFL guys,

smootness
10-17-2021, 01:26 PM

Why do you think Freeze is a potentially better option than Freeze?

LSU is not hiring Hugh Freeze.

SteelCurtain74
10-17-2021, 01:26 PM
Doubt if they would even consider Tucker...reason undisclosed

According to a story I read yesterday, he is the favorite of some of the big LSU boosters.

TrapGame
10-17-2021, 01:54 PM
Why do you think Freeze is a potentially better option than Freeze?

LSU is not hiring Hugh Freeze.

They take money from kids with cancer. They'll hire Freeze in ****ing heartbeat.

BeardoMSU
10-17-2021, 01:59 PM
Hopefully they rally behind him this Saturday

Aye

CadaverDawg
10-17-2021, 02:19 PM
Any chance we can sell them on Leach?

BayouDawg
10-17-2021, 02:39 PM
Any chance we can sell them on Leach?

Then we would probably hire someone even worse.

CadaverDawg
10-17-2021, 02:41 PM
Then we would probably hire someone even worse.

Probably. That's one thing Cohen could accomplish

BayouDawg
10-17-2021, 02:44 PM
Probably. That's one thing Cohen could accomplish

This is depressing. Maybe leach can at least get us back to 6-8 wins a year and then retire. Then at least we would have some wide receivers that can catch for the next regime.

Or maybe it all just goes to shit.

Homedawg
10-17-2021, 02:55 PM
Now watch LSU win every game left. It ain't crazy.

Neither

TrapGame
10-17-2021, 03:39 PM
Neither

Hmm.

Can't be Lane Train he's bound for Miami. He loves him some Florida.

Brady? Great offensive mind but zero head coaching experience.

Tucker? Could be but would he leave MSU North?

Dawgsfanalongtime77
10-18-2021, 12:08 AM
Coach O seems to have the ability to get his guys to play for him no matter the circumstances. It happened at USC when he was interim. If I was him. Finish this season how you can. Take your 17 million and step away from the game for awhile. Lay low because I?m sure Urban Meyer probably wishes he had just stayed behind a teleprompter currently. What a fire storm he is in

Todd4State
10-18-2021, 12:16 AM
Hmm.

Can't be Lane Train he's bound for Miami. He loves him some Florida.

Brady? Great offensive mind but zero head coaching experience.

Tucker? Could be but would he leave MSU North?

I could see Florida dumping Dan and getting Kiffin.

Todd4State
10-18-2021, 12:16 AM
Coach O seems to have the ability to get his guys to play for him no matter the circumstances. It happened at USC when he was interim. If I was him. Finish this season how you can. Take your 17 million and step away from the game for awhile. Lay low because I?m sure Urban Meyer probably wishes he had just stayed behind a teleprompter currently. What a fire storm he is in

Coach O is set up at LSU for life. I would just hang out if I were him.

Dawgfan77
10-18-2021, 07:06 AM
I could see Florida dumping Dan and getting Kiffin.
The cheer leader redeems himself to his alma matter

BeardoMSU
10-18-2021, 08:08 AM
The cheer leader redeems himself to his alma matter

Then OM hires Dan and immediately gets a Rebel Rags sponsorship, lol.