PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun

msstate7
10-17-2021, 09:12 AM
Waiting for your explanation on how this offense gives us a better chance against blue bloods

Saltydog
10-17-2021, 09:42 AM
All you have to do is outgain them in yards, right?

Todd4State
10-17-2021, 09:54 AM
Ask Jimbo Fisher.

Dak Holliday
10-17-2021, 09:59 AM
Ask the guy that out smarted himself trying to show the world that he could create his own way instead of following the recipe used time and again? Nah. If we played them 9 more times, that might be our only win.

TUSK
10-17-2021, 12:58 PM
Waiting for your explanation on how this offense gives us a better chance against blue bloods

I think the root of the problem lies (mostly) at the feet of the QB, MS7....

You see, I have noticed that his apexial elevation isn't ideal for someone with such a low thoracic to weight ratio... that may have caused his injury., too..

well either that or that large man beating him up...

parabrave
10-17-2021, 01:03 PM

You see, I have noticed that his apexial elevation isn't ideal for someone with such a low thoracic to weight ratio... that may have caused his injury., too..

OK just be brutally honest won't you!

Coach34
10-17-2021, 01:07 PM
Jimbo is kicking himself for being so vanilla on offense against us.

They were talking yesterday about how much more motion and things Jimbo had in the offense against Bama than before. Basically saving things for Bama. That part worked for him. Losing to us was the cost of it though.

msstate7
10-17-2021, 01:09 PM

Lol

parabrave
10-17-2021, 01:09 PM
Jimbo is kicking himself for being so vanilla on offense against us.

They were talking yesterday about how much more motion and things Jimbo had in the offense against Bama than before. Basically saving things for Bama. That part worked for him. Losing to us was the cost of it though.

Jimbo is also kicking himself and his DC for going man to man on 2 of our TDs against them.

basedog
10-17-2021, 01:21 PM

"Gun should be kicking rocks".......if not then he can't be helped*

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2021, 02:07 PM

I think it does help, but we clearly need non concrete shoes at QB. Gotta have a guy that can extend plays and make them pay for losing track of him.

Also need a mobile QB so we can be more versatile in the red zone

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2021, 02:14 PM
Secondly, Saban essentially invented a new defense for this game or used one never implemented at Bama. Tough prep for that

https://twitter.com/_nickkelly/status/1449568185552973826?s=21

msstate7
10-17-2021, 02:18 PM
Secondly, Saban essentially invented a new defense for this game or used one never implemented at Bama. Tough prep for that

https://twitter.com/_nickkelly/status/1449568185552973826?s=21

Leach hasn't added a wrinkle since... has he ever?

HoopsDawg
10-17-2021, 02:30 PM
I think it does help, but we clearly need non concrete shoes at QB. Gotta have a guy that can extend plays and make them pay for losing track of him.

Also need a mobile QB so we can be more versatile in the red zone

Ah, so now we just need a mobile QB. Ok.

BayouDawg
10-17-2021, 02:35 PM
Delete

CadaverDawg
10-17-2021, 02:47 PM
"We just need a QB with a laser, rocket arm like Peyton, and wheels like Lamar, and arm angles like Mahomes, and an OL like the Cowboys, and a defense like the 85 Bears. Once we put those pieces in place to go with Ruiz, we'll be hell versus the blue bloods."

- Shotgun probably

BayouDawg
10-17-2021, 02:48 PM
"We just need a QB with a laser, rocket arm like Peyton, and wheels like Lamar, and arm angles like Mahomes, and an OL like the Cowboys, and a defense like the 85 Bears. Once we put those pieces in place to go with Ruiz, we'll be hell versus the blue bloods."

- Shotgun probably

Damn you. I dont want to laugh right now.

War Machine Dawg
10-17-2021, 03:09 PM
Ah, so now we just need a mobile QB. Ok.

Does Shotgun even realize Leach doesn't recruit mobile QBS? He likes the statue pocket passers from the 80s. He thinks they're more accurate than mobile QBs, evidence to the contrary be damned. Even most of the blue bloods that could get away with old school pocket passing QBs have adopted mobile QBs. Look no further than Saban and Bama for evidence.

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2021, 03:22 PM

- Shotgun probably

Nailed it.

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2021, 03:23 PM
Does Shotgun even realize Leach doesn't recruit mobile QBS? He likes the statue pocket passers from the 80s. He thinks they're more accurate than mobile QBs, evidence to the contrary be damned. Even most of the blue bloods that could get away with old school pocket passing QBs have adopted mobile QBs. Look no further than Saban and Bama for evidence.

Minshew was mobile. Go watch the tape. Sawyer is mobile as well.

I don’t think we need Lamar Jackson, but concrete feet isn’t going to work and never has at a school like MSU.

Bothrops
10-17-2021, 04:32 PM
Gotta have a quarterback
Gotta have a quarterback
Gotta have a quarterback
Gotta have a quarterback
Gotta have a quarterback
Gotta have a quarterback
Gotta have a quarterback
Gotta have a quarterback
Gotta have a quarterback
Gotta have a quarterback
Gotta have a quarterback

msstate7
10-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Minshew was mobile. Go watch the tape. Sawyer is mobile as well.

I don’t think we need Lamar Jackson, but concrete feet isn’t going to work and never has at a school like MSU.

You're such a roller coaster ride. After the aTm game, will was the man. After last night, he's concrete feet

State82
10-17-2021, 05:00 PM
Bottom line is, Leach WILL NOT adjust or improvise like a competent attorney would do under fire in court. He may have a JD degree but he is a dumbass, incompetent or just does not give a shit. He needs to be shown the door ASAP.

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2021, 05:14 PM
You're such a roller coaster ride. After the aTm game, will was the man. After last night, he's concrete feet

We’re all roller coasters buddy

In reality, the answer is in the middle. When there isn’t a pass rush, Will is good. When there is a good pass rush, we’re in trouble

Commercecomet24
10-17-2021, 05:21 PM
We’re all roller coasters buddy

In reality, the answer is in the middle. When there isn’t a pass rush, Will is good. When there is a good pass rush, we’re in trouble

The roller coaster part is the most accurate post ever in the history of ED. We're all roller coasters.

Dak Holliday
10-17-2021, 05:25 PM
Leach doesn?t recruit athletic running QBs purposely. Running QBs give up too quickly and run vs waiting for the pass to develop. AIRRAID.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
10-18-2021, 12:20 AM
Leach hasn't added a wrinkle since... has he ever?

Nope and he won?t. That?s the eyesore in this air raid.

parabrave
10-18-2021, 02:39 AM
Leach doesn?t recruit athletic running QBs purposely. Running QBs give up too quickly and run vs waiting for the pass to develop. AIRRAID.

Most times you want the QB to wait till the last moment to Bail. Look at Dak now compared to his 1st season. He is staying in the pocket more instead of bailing quick. I think Geno Smith wished he would've waited longer tonight.

SilentSteel16
10-18-2021, 12:21 PM
Garret S was a mobile QB so what was your point? He worked out swimmingly for us under Leach. Like everyone has said, Leach doesn’t want mobile QBs, therefore won’t have any mobile QBs. Your point is moot due to the fact your opinion doesn’t matter much like mine. Just stating an observation.