PDA

View Full Version : Flame away

Dawgfan77
10-16-2021, 10:15 PM
I'd trade Danny boy right now from Florida

msstate7
10-16-2021, 10:17 PM
The only problem with this is mullen wanted to go. If mullen wanted to be here though, it's a no brainer

Dawgfan77
10-16-2021, 10:19 PM
The only problem with this is mullen wanted to go. If mullen wanted to be here though, it's a no brainer
Agree but I hate this product we have now

IMissJack
10-16-2021, 10:20 PM

No coach with experience is going to want to work for our AD.

HoopsDawg
10-16-2021, 10:20 PM

Of course. Almost no MSU fans wanted Mullen to leave until it became apparent that Mullen wanted to leave. He didn't think he could win a championship at MSU. I hope he never does at UF.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-16-2021, 10:23 PM
There is better coaches out there than Mullen. I think his next stop is the NFL or a golf course. Our immediate need is a Athletic Director. We dont need Cohen hiring another football coach.

HoopsDawg
10-16-2021, 10:23 PM
Agree but I hate this product we have now

This product we have is horrible. I have no idea how we beat A&M. But I do know it took the biggest comeback in school history to beat La Tech. We lost to Memphis. Our head coach doesn't recruit or really watch film of the other team. He doesn't make adjustments. He's married to his system and he's on the downcycle of his career. It's not a good situation.

Washington State fans said we would be sick of Leach after 4 years. It took me about 4 games. This is not the way to build a program at Miss State.

Dawgfan77
10-16-2021, 10:24 PM

Nail on the head. Cohen is our down fall we are back to the 80s

parabrave
10-16-2021, 10:25 PM
Mulls had finally got his players in place to have a nice 4 year run. I think he would've done wonders with KT. But he left for :greener" pastures and will be begging us for his job if he can't win the SEC next year.. JOMO had the right offense but he couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Hell we need to go get another young coord who understands the SEC and how to win with what we can get here,.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-16-2021, 10:29 PM
This is why several good candidates passed on us and we had to overpay for Leach.

NCDawg
10-16-2021, 10:30 PM
Theres better coaches out there than Mullen. I think his next stop is the NFL or a golf course.

One of which is Hugh Freeze in my opinion. I doubt he would be acceptable to our fan base, though.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-16-2021, 10:53 PM
Nail on the head. Cohen is our down fall we are back to the 80s

Cohen isn't a favorite of mine but Cohen isn't the reason Leach is struggling. Now you can argue the hire but he's here now. It's on him.

Dawgfan77
10-16-2021, 10:56 PM
Cohen isn't a favorite of mine but Cohen isn't the reason Leach is struggling. Now you can argue the hire but he's here now. It's on him.
I'm arguing him being hired then hiring leach cause he and other screwed up the hire in18 and 20.. You know exactly what I'm speaking of.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-16-2021, 11:20 PM
I'm arguing him being hired then hiring leach cause he and other screwed up the hire in18 and 20.. You know exactly what I'm speaking of.

If I knew what you were speaking about I would've said it.

Dawgfan77
10-16-2021, 11:23 PM
If I knew what you were speaking about I would've said it.

We had opportunities to make a better hire a more cultural fit and we were held hostage if you will be administration. Then JC tried to make an publicity hire to offset the Kiffin hire and its backfired on us. More to the story that we know but we are hear and it's not going to get better

Ifyouonlyknew
10-16-2021, 11:55 PM
We had opportunities to make a better hire a more cultural fit and we were held hostage if you will be administration. Then JC tried to make an publicity hire to offset the Kiffin hire and its backfired on us. More to the story that we know but we are hear and it's not going to get better

I said if you want to blame the hire on Cohen go ahead. I then said Leach is here now so any issues should be laid at his door. Now if you decide to get rid of both after next year if it's not going well I'll buy the moving boxes.

SaintDawg
10-17-2021, 03:09 AM
I don't give one ******* **** about our football team any more. Until they start to win on a regular basis, all my time, money and support goes to baseball. Maybe basketball. I dont ****ing care about our football team. They are lazy and have no direction.

Bothrops
10-17-2021, 06:49 AM

Danny boy is what 0-11 against Saban?

basedog
10-17-2021, 07:46 AM
I just don't see us competing in the Sec with this one dimensional non scoring offense. Stats are worthless when you get your ass handed to you.

State82
10-17-2021, 08:31 AM
I just don't see us competing in the Sec with this one dimensional non scoring offense. Stats are worthless when you get your ass handed to you.
Of course it will not work. It is a complete embarrassment. The entire program needs a thorough renovation.

Dawgfan77
10-17-2021, 08:41 AM
Of course it will not work. It is a complete embarrassment. The entire program needs a thorough renovation.
I don't blame ML for taking the job. I blame John Cohen for making the hire and I blame Mark Keenum for promoting a baseball coach to the AD of an SEC school.
Read that last sentence again and realize it's 2021 not 1981.

CadaverDawg
10-17-2021, 08:59 AM
There is better coaches out there than Mullen. I think his next stop is the NFL or a golf course. Our immediate need is a Athletic Director. We dont need Cohen hiring another football coach.

Most accurate post of the weekend

HoopsDawg
10-17-2021, 09:15 AM

The system is laughable in 2021. It's a joke. A team with the talent of Alabama dropping 8 superior athletes into coverage and Leach is still trying to throw it every down?! It's a joke and the jokes on us.

parabrave
10-17-2021, 10:34 AM

Be careful thats sacrilege to some on here, Gun.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-17-2021, 10:43 AM
One of which is Hugh Freeze in my opinion. I doubt he would be acceptable to our fan base, though.

I've said it before and will say it again. If MSU ever hires Hugh Freeze, I am done with the program.

tcdog70
10-17-2021, 10:45 AM
Danny boy is what 0-11 against Saban?

Dan might be shit canned before Leach. He for sure has another whipping coming.. the Gators fired their last Coach because he could only Win 10 games a year. See you Mullen?I don?t want his ass back.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-17-2021, 10:51 AM
I don't give one ******* **** about our football team any more. Until they start to win on a regular basis, all my time, money and support goes to baseball. Maybe basketball. I dont ****ing care about our football team. They are lazy and have no direction.

Win on a regular basis means win every game ever, no exceptions. This is such a tired gripe.

NCDawg
10-17-2021, 10:59 AM
I've said it before and will say it again. If MSU ever hires Hugh Freeze, I am done with the program.

A few more beatdowns like we saw last night and we're going to have lots of people done with the program regardless.

Todd4State
10-17-2021, 11:00 AM
Dan might be shit canned before Leach. He for sure has another whipping coming.. the Gators fired their last Coach because he could only Win 10 games a year. See you Mullen?I don?t want his ass back.

Dan isn't doing much better than McElwain did there .

Percho
10-17-2021, 11:10 AM
Of course. Almost no MSU fans wanted Mullen to leave until it became apparent that Mullen wanted to leave. He didn't think he could win a championship at MSU. I hope he never does at UF.

I agree.

CadaverDawg
10-17-2021, 11:16 AM

I'd take Dan back in a red hot minute over the shit we've seen with the last two hires. Give me Dan and a physical style of play, over a coach whose style is to go ahead and give defenses the one dimensional aspect they're wanting to force you in to.

Especially if we're going to keep hiring coaches that we know give us no real shot at the West. Might as well guarantee a bowl and an occasional 9-10 win season with Mullen. Since our expectations as a fan base is now to just be 6-6 it appears, based on most of the comments here. Dan will give us that plus some

SaintDawg
10-17-2021, 11:57 AM
Win on a regular basis means win every game ever, no exceptions. This is such a tired gripe.

and the griping will continue.thats what BBs are for.

War Machine Dawg
10-17-2021, 01:39 PM
If Saddawg didn?t already own the moniker, I'd definitely use it. This has all been so predictably awful. Our AD should be a baseball GM. He has no business being an AD. He's 17d up every hire that isn't baseball. He inherited Howland, who has us back to being a bubble team. But hiring Leach was dumb on a completely different level. If no other SEC school ever seriously considered hiring Leach in the last 20 years, why did Cohen actually hire him? It defies all good sense.

was21
10-17-2021, 01:59 PM
Because he miffed on several others to begin with. Then he panicked and overpaid Leech. And he was tired of running around all over the country trying to find someone who was willing to take the job.

War Machine Dawg
10-17-2021, 02:58 PM
Because he miffed on several others to begin with. Then he panicked and overpaid Leech. And he was tired of running around all over the country trying to find someone who was willing to take the job.

Sounds about right.

Percho
10-17-2021, 03:05 PM
I'd take Dan back in a red hot minute over the shit we've seen with the last two hires. Give me Dan and a physical style of play, over a coach whose style is to go ahead and give defenses the one dimensional aspect they're wanting to force you in to.

Especially if we're going to keep hiring coaches that we know give us no real shot at the West. Might as well guarantee a bowl and an occasional 9-10 win season with Mullen. Since our expectations as a fan base is now to just be 6-6 it appears, based on most of the comments here. Dan will give us that plus some

How many real shots have we had at the west since there has been a west? And how many coaches have we had in that time?

Our problem is the quality of the talent we can realistically get to accept to come to MSU. Name 5 coaches you believe could get better players and also ask yourself if you believe MSU could hire any of those coaches.

Other than that, who would you like to get to try their style of coaching with the players we can get to come to school at MSU?

Percho
10-17-2021, 03:07 PM
My post to CD is an open question to all.

viverlibre
10-17-2021, 03:42 PM
Our head coach doesn't recruit or really watch film of the other team. He doesn't make adjustments. He's married to his system and he's on the downcycle of his career. It's not a good situation.

This is the best summation of the situation I have read.

Maverick91
10-17-2021, 03:59 PM

I’d let 34 coach state before I sneezed towards Mullen. He will manny Diaz us so hard we will forget who manny Diaz was. He can take his his play calling board eating face anywhere but State.

Todd4State
10-17-2021, 04:08 PM

If Saddawg didn?t already own the moniker, I'd definitely use it. This has all been so predictably awful. Our AD should be a baseball GM. He has no business being an AD. He's 17d up every hire that isn't baseball. He inherited Howland, who has us back to being a bubble team. But hiring Leach was dumb on a completely different level. If no other SEC school ever seriously considered hiring Leach in the last 20 years, why did Cohen actually hire him? It defies all good sense.

Tennessee almost hired Leach when Dan jilted them for Florida.

War Machine Dawg
10-17-2021, 04:26 PM
Tennessee almost hired Leach when Dan jilted them for Florida.

Considering how poorly run their AD is, that isn't an endorsement of Leach.

Dawgfan77
10-17-2021, 04:31 PM
The UT AD was also fired....

Dak Holliday
10-17-2021, 05:57 PM
The UT AD was also fired....
Say it again for those in the back. 👆🏼