PDA

View Full Version : SCOTT STRICKLIN READ THIS

Behrdawg
11-17-2013, 12:20 PM
If you don't do something about that shitastic job your moo-tube team is doing, then just do us the favor of
playing my little pony cartoons during the time outs. Your team KILLS the crowd. After our TD last night, the moo-tube sat everyone down and entertained us with a commercial and then that stupid CHICKEN DANCE. I'm sick of this shit and so are all the other alumni that sit around me.

Op4isabitch
11-17-2013, 12:34 PM
http://https://twitter.com/stricklinmsu/status/402092655313563649 (https://twitter.com/stricklinmsu/status/402092655313563649)

Will James
11-17-2013, 12:52 PM
The Mercedes Benz commercial is the main running joke and they play that right after our MF touchdown! Unacceptable! When your most loyal fans become infuriated every game at the MF atmosphere IT IS A PROBLEM! Your bread is not buttered by families of four Scott! It is a ever expanding younger alumni base ages 25-40.

If it is not fixed for the Egg Bowl followed up by a non-firing of Merlin if we miss a bowl game my tickets will not be renewed and all money will go into baseball-specific for as long as you are the AD.

DawgsBite34
11-17-2013, 12:53 PM
The Mercedes Benz commercial is the main running joke and they play that right after our MF touchdown! Unacceptable! When your most loyal fans become infuriated every game at the MF atmosphere IT IS A PROBLEM! Your bread is not buttered by families of four Scott! It is a ever expanding younger alumni base ages 25-40.

If it is not fixed for the Egg Bowl followed up by a non-firing of Merlin if we miss a bowl game my tickets will not be renewed and all money will go into baseball-specific for as long as you are the AD.

GOLD

TrueMaroon
11-17-2013, 01:37 PM
http://https://twitter.com/stricklinmsu/status/402092655313563649 (https://twitter.com/stricklinmsu/status/402092655313563649)

Notice that Scott responded to the original tweet-he did not tweet it out to all for all of his followers. So only if a person follows the original tweeter AND Scott would one be able to see his admission. This is what happens when you get a marketing grad to try to run a $45 million dollar budget. He is woefully over his head.

AlSwearengen
11-17-2013, 01:50 PM
I don't think Stricklin or whoever is in charge of the game has a grasp of how important atmosphere is and how far down it trickles. It can have an effect on recruiting, therefore ditch the commercials. If a lifelong fan of MSU can't stand to sit in the stadium b/c it is so depressing, imagine what a recruit leaves the game thinking.

Some folks need to take inventory and get shit fixed. There is a new end zone that needs to be paid for.

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Learfield dictates it. Someone needs to step up and write the check for around 4 million a year or it will continue.

engie
11-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Learfield dictates it. Someone needs to step up and write the check for around 4 million a year or it will continue.

No way that jumbotron is pulling that kind of revenue...

We get out of our Learfield TV deal on Aug 1 -- wonder how the SECNetwork effects the rest of our media rights?

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 03:40 PM
atleast striklin acknowledged it's a problem. I figured he thought it was great.

Will James
11-17-2013, 03:58 PM
atleast striklin acknowledged it's a problem. I figured he thought it was great.

Actions speak louder than tweets. He said it would be better this year. He doesn't have a MF clue what the standards are. Go to Bama, Auburn, SCe, anywhere and see what the expectation is. He's a joke, all-smiles, yes man, lackey, hack, mush go along to get along, no fire in the belly, no will to WIN, poor ol Mitipi Tate, "look at our sellouts"....... Byrne I miss you.

We used to be feared by all because they knew they were coming into a smash mouth hardnosed cage match against MSU. Now we are this soft finesse weak team. Reflects our AD and atmosphere perfectly. Students as well. Few dirtbags left that want to dominate the opposition. Infuriating to say the least.

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-17-2013, 04:01 PM
No way that jumbotron is pulling that kind of revenue...

We get out of our Learfield TV deal on Aug 1 -- wonder how the SECNetwork effects the rest of our media rights?

Yeah what do I know?

FlabLoser
11-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Is it too late to say no to the 2nd board?

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Yes

engie
11-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah what do I know?

Why don't you tell us what you all know?

You can sell the $4-mil/yr in ad revenue line from a single jumbotron somewhere else -- no one with any semblance of common sense is buying that.

That's $600k/game ad revenue. Or $20-30k/ad/game. Or $0.50/eyeball/ad/game.

Super Bowl is $4mil/30 second ad. That game is watched by 110 million people. Price/eyeball/ad? $0.036

You mean to tell me -- on a per capita basis -- we charge 1388% what the Super Bowl does? Seriously?

messageboardsuperhero
11-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Notice that Scott responded to the original tweet-he did not tweet it out to all for all of his followers. So only if a person follows the original tweeter AND Scott would one be able to see his admission. This is what happens when you get a marketing grad to try to run a $45 million dollar budget. He is woefully over his head.

Try $70 mil. budget: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

The Croom Diaries
11-17-2013, 05:12 PM

He knew who he was responding to, and what I would do with it.

preachermatt83
11-17-2013, 05:16 PM

I honestly think striklin is afraid of some of the Honest writers and bloggers out there

Behrdawg
11-17-2013, 05:22 PM
10 minutes of commercials before the game. No "I need more cowbell" skit. No "who let the dawgs out" from the hangover. No strobe graphics of bully with badass music. No music after big a play during timeouts. It was a complete **** up- and it pissed me off

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Im telling you what learfield pays us, jackass

Will James
11-17-2013, 05:54 PM
It was a complete **** up- and it pissed me off

Attending a home game is now chock full of these reactions to the moo tube

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzEyLzI4L1RvbUhpZGRsZXN0LjMxZmQwLmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/c07bb55b/6dc/Tom-Hiddleston.gif

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Im agreeing with will. Rapture ready....

engie
11-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Im telling you what learfield pays us, jackass

Well -- that CERTAINLY covers alot more than just a jumbotron issue now doesn't it? So, at best, your post here was misleading -- implying that's what it would take to change the board -- when in reality, the MOST it would possibly take is for the athletics dept to buyout all the ads ourselves... which I'm in the process of finding out what those ads actually cost...

You are talking about our FULL tier 3 media rights package, which Learfield will no longer own in the current capacity in a couple more months. That includes basically all radio and video for all non-ESPN games that MSU plays in every sport. Learfield = ESPN leftovers.

The fact that we "sold" them the rights to our video board -- or otherwise let them pay for it is ridiculous. Visit ANY away game -- and it makes you totally mind f'd by how we use ours...

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-17-2013, 06:21 PM
I didnt say that

Im 100% sure ive visited more stadiums than every poster combined.

engie
11-17-2013, 06:23 PM
I didnt say that

LOL K

How about posting something that makes sense then instead of something that's ridiculous?

Behrdawg
11-17-2013, 06:55 PM
I didnt say that

You'd have to know Ennis- he is correct with this statement.

Radddawg
11-17-2013, 07:42 PM
We used to be feared by all

When exactly was this ?

Will James
11-17-2013, 07:46 PM
When exactly was this ?

Not feared necessarily, but teams used to know they had a fight coming when Mississippi State showed up on the schedule. They would be hurting Sunday morning. This is no longer the case. We aren't a nasty bunch anymore which IS our identity.

FlabLoser
11-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Engie, chill. You are reading way too much into posts and then grilling the poster over your own misinterpretation.

engie
11-17-2013, 07:55 PM
You'd have to know Ennis- he is correct with this statement.

That has what to do with our jumbotron or the theme of this thread whatsoever? It was a misleading number and when that was pointed out, it becomes stadium visit smack? Really?

engie
11-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Engie, chill. You are reading way too much into posts and then grilling the poster over your own misinterpretation.

Was the post not DIRECTLY stating that it would take $4mil to fix the jumbotron? Was that not misleading?

Real numbers will be known early tomorrow. I'm looking for a solution here -- not simply bitching about a problem for the 3rd year in a row that never gets fixed. Alot more likely to get stuff done when you already figure out how to execute it -- and approach Strick with solutions instead of problems.

FlabLoser
11-17-2013, 08:01 PM
There was a time last night when even the ref got pissed at the moo tube. Came out of a TV timeout and the refs want play to start but the damn moo tube is still running an ad. Whistled blow. Ad runs on.

I am surprised we were not penalized.

WinningIsRelentless
11-17-2013, 08:03 PM

While you are at it, tweet the mf every day and say don't schedule a gd game against ok st again!

thedawginme
11-17-2013, 08:18 PM
10 minutes of commercials before the game. No "I need more cowbell" skit. No "who let the dawgs out" from the hangover. No strobe graphics of bully with badass music. No music after big a play during timeouts. It was a complete **** up- and it pissed me off

The "I need more cowbell" and "who let the dawgs out" skits are COMPLETELY played out. It is just not funny any more (and really never was prior to a FOOTBALL game). Plus, there is no way that the recruits find it funny and probably dont even know what the hell it is coming from.

Will James
11-17-2013, 08:22 PM
It's so easy I don't understand how its an issue.

1st dim the brightness, it is blinding when bright ads are up there. I shouldnt shield/squint my eyes from the damn SUNbotron at night.

2nd - Throw the company logo up there with music playing... Not a made for tv commercial. (HOW WAS THIS NOT DONE FROM THE START!) there goes my blood pressure again.

3rd - Have a talented person run it based on the actual game situation. Pay this person well.

engie
11-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Once we know the approximate actual revenue numbers from it, we will know just how much wiggle room there is on some things. But it's time for sweeping changes -- not "tweaks". Tweaks are what we've had for the past 3 years that ultimately amount to nothing.

Behrdawg
11-17-2013, 08:50 PM
The "I need more cowbell" and "who let the dawgs out" skits are COMPLETELY played out. It is just not funny any more (and really never was prior to a FOOTBALL game). Plus, there is no way that the recruits find it funny and probably dont even know what the hell it is coming from.

Bullshit. Recruits love it and the crowd loves it. Recruits even tweet about it.

FlabLoser
11-17-2013, 08:52 PM
I would think the jumbo tron is not a simple line item that can be negotiated. It's probably one piece of a big contract covering many things - if we are pigeonholed in to this thing Scott is an idiot.

Blame Byrne if you want but the thing has gotten a lot worse under Scott.

I'd REALLY like to know the details of what went down for the Bama game. I have a real hard time thinking anybody associated with MSU was in control of that thing. Probably some Learfield POS that got paid by the ad.

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Guys,
Changes are coming. Next year. New staff. New everything. Just put up with it for 1 more game.
Fact is, if we didnt suck, nobody would care

ScottH
11-17-2013, 09:59 PM

You've obviously seen a bunch. Which is your favorite?

When I stop by the CSU@Utah State football game before the MSU@ Utah State hoops game Saturday, that'll make my 79th D1/FBS stadium to see a game in.

I'm on a quest to see them all. Got a little over 40 to go. Plus whatever new ones come on board.

Hoping to average 3 a year.

The twelfth game, open dates and the myriad of Tuesday, Wednesday Friday games has made it possible to get this many and not miss any important MSU games.

slickdawg
11-17-2013, 10:09 PM
I didnt say that

I'll guarantee this. Period.

DawgsBite34
11-18-2013, 12:33 AM
We need Croom running around the field with the flag again!!!

Political Hack
11-18-2013, 07:44 AM
You've obviously seen a bunch. Which is your favorite?

When I stop by the CSU@Utah State football game before the MSU@ Utah State hoops game Saturday, that'll make my 79th D1/FBS stadium to see a game in.

I'm on a quest to see them all. Got a little over 40 to go. Plus whatever new ones come on board.

Hoping to average 3 a year.

The twelfth game, open dates and the myriad of Tuesday, Wednesday Friday games has made it possible to get this many and not miss any important MSU games.

this may derail Ennis's claim to fame... maybe. If you throw in arenas it won't be a contest, but purely stadiums, and this could push the envelope.

And for the record... I'm jealous of both of you. I've still got five SEC stadiums to go see a game in.

ScottH
11-18-2013, 08:37 AM
this may derail Ennis's claim to fame... maybe. If you throw in arenas it won't be a contest, but purely stadiums, and this could push the envelope.

And for the record... I'm jealous of both of you. I've still got five SEC stadiums to go see a game in.

Not trying to derail a claim at all. Just adding to the conversation.

Hell, I'm jealous of all the ones y'all have been to that I haven't.

I'd be way behind on basketball arenas. I'm standing at 29. Utah State this weekend will be 30.

Baseball is where I'm proud. Of the 295 NCAA RPI Baseball teams, I have seen 211 play and been to 149 stadiums. It gets a little dicey with baseball, because you have shared stadiums, off campus stadiums. stadiums with no lights, programs that get dropped or re-born etc. I'm going to work on the SWAC this spring. I can only imagine it will lend itself to a story or two.

Political Hack
11-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Not trying to derail a claim at all. Just adding to the conversation.

Hell, I'm jealous of all the ones y'all have been to that I haven't.

I'd be way behind on basketball arenas. I'm standing at 29. Utah State this weekend will be 30.

Baseball is where I'm proud. Of the 295 NCAA RPI Baseball teams, I have seen 211 play and been to 149 stadiums. It gets a little dicey with baseball, because you have shared stadiums, off campus stadiums. stadiums with no lights, programs that get dropped or re-born etc. I'm going to work on the SWAC this spring. I can only imagine it will lend itself to a story or two.

if you took pictures along the way, it could be one hell of a book.

Esmerelda Villalobos
11-18-2013, 09:42 AM
That is a lot of D1 stadiums. Ive been to a ton of d2 and d3 as well. You may have me beat on d1 though.

It is tough to say what is my favorite. It all depends on atmosphere. I mean, if you came to starkville during arkansas 2010, it would be a top place. If you came during alcorn, you would say it sucked.

I guess the one place that ive always had a nice experience at is auburn. I also enjoy georgia and south carolina. Kyle field is cool even though i dont like the big 12 atmosphere as much. Wisconsin is awesome. The army / navy game is cool. Penn state is pretty cool. Notre dame is a cool experience.

You can have fun anywhere I guess. Hell, i had a ball at a dickinson state game way back...

HardyStreetAlumniClub
11-18-2013, 09:43 AM

O you mean the alumni base that he is slowly losing? I felt like walking up there and slapping SS right across the face when the Mercedes Benz commercial came on after we scored.

ScottH
11-18-2013, 12:02 PM
That is a lot of D1 stadiums. Ive been to a ton of d2 and d3 as well. You may have me beat on d1 though.

It is tough to say what is my favorite. It all depends on atmosphere. I mean, if you came to starkville during arkansas 2010, it would be a top place. If you came during alcorn, you would say it sucked.

I guess the one place that ive always had a nice experience at is auburn. I also enjoy georgia and south carolina. Kyle field is cool even though i dont like the big 12 atmosphere as much. Wisconsin is awesome. The army / navy game is cool. Penn state is pretty cool. Notre dame is a cool experience.

You can have fun anywhere I guess. Hell, i had a ball at a dickinson state game way back...

My favorites....
Army - for the setting not atmosphere
Oregon - loud Thursday drubbing of Cal a couple of years ago. Paired it with a Beaver Saturday game against AZ.
Wisconsin -Lord they love their badgers.Paired it with a Packers game. Some big women in Wisconsin.Really big.
Colorado - atmosphere sucked but setting and town are great.
Cal - Zero parking but great site, beautiful women and Berkley amenities.
Rose Bowl - See Cal add parking

Least favorite....(excluding the obvious Liberty Bowl & Legion)
Houston - Bad campus, bad stadium, bad location in town
USC - Stadium fine but I had thoughts would not escape neighborhood alive.
Colorado State - One plus - cool setting. However, really crappy stadium wwaaaaayyy off campus that was hard to find.
Illinois - no excitement. no crowd. stadium renovation ongoing. Maybe it needs a second chance.
Wake Forest - I am sure some folks love it. Just not my cup of tea.

Political Hack
11-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Boulder is cool. The setting at Navy and being in Annapolis is cool too.