PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers Giants game

parabrave
10-15-2021, 12:44 AM
Hey 1st Base ump, no names please, you sir are a total incompetent asshole for calling that check swing a strike. JHC its the last out of a game 5 deciding who goes to the LCS and you have to input yourself into the game to be the deciding factor. No way in hades do you call that a strike even if it was. What a complete buffoon for calling that. Oh yeah lets go Braves.

OLJWales
10-15-2021, 01:53 AM
Hey Now!!

msstate7
10-15-2021, 11:00 AM
We owe the dodgers 1 (more than actually), so bring em on... I'm sure we'll most likely own them again though lol

Commercecomet24
10-15-2021, 11:16 AM
Yeah no way you end a playoff series with that call. Let the players decide it.

State82
10-15-2021, 11:24 AM
That was a pretty pathetic call. MLB should do better than that.

parabrave
10-15-2021, 11:48 AM
We owe the dodgers 1 (more than actually), so bring em on... I'm sure we'll most likely own them again though lol

Hate to say it but I don't think the Braves can match up with the dodgers.

msstate7
10-15-2021, 12:07 PM
Hate to say it but I don't think the Braves can match up with the dodgers.

I wouldn't bet on it for sure, but Morton and fried are one hell of a combo right now. If we win their games only, we win the series. Of course, they have 2 great guys going against our 2 also. They are missing muncy, who just destroys us, so maybe that'll help.

I won't be mad if we lose bc we've made it without our best player. We're facing a better team, so im just gonna try to enjoy it. I really think next season is when we move to the favorite assuming FF and soroka are back.

Saltydog
10-15-2021, 01:14 PM
LET'S GO DOD GERS!!!!!

Homedawg
10-15-2021, 03:09 PM
While I don't think he swung, can we please get it straight that there is no rule about the bat crossing the plate or breaking ones wrist making it a strike or not. It's the umpires judgement did the hitter attempt to swing. Again, I don't think he did. But Ive heard from 100 people saying his bat didn't cross the plate. That's not the rule.

Commercecomet24
10-15-2021, 03:46 PM
While I don't think he swung, can we please get it straight that there is no rule about the bat crossing the plate or breaking ones wrist making it a strike or not. It's the umpires judgement did the hitter attempt to swing. Again, I don't think he did. But Ive heard from 100 people saying his bat didn't cross the plate. That's not the rule.

Yep.

parabrave
10-15-2021, 05:36 PM

True it is an Umpires call. Just like the "Tie goes to the runner" is BS aldso.

RocketDawg
10-15-2021, 06:25 PM
Hey 1st Base ump, no names please, you sir are a total incompetent asshole for calling that check swing a strike. JHC its the last out of a game 5 deciding who goes to the LCS and you have to input yourself into the game to be the deciding factor. No way in hades do you call that a strike even if it was. What a complete buffoon for calling that. Oh yeah lets go Braves.

I watched a few minutes on one game a few nights ago, and the announcers said they were cracking down on the checked swing in the playoffs - something about whether you intended to swing or something of the sort. I suppose the umpires have gotten into mind-reading now.

parabrave
10-15-2021, 09:04 PM
I watched a few minutes on one game a few nights ago, and the announcers said they were cracking down on the checked swing in the playoffs - something about whether you intended to swing or something of the sort. I suppose the umpires have gotten into mind-reading now.

Well the unnamed ump, MF, said he fuced up.