PDA

View Full Version : Alabama baseball coach just just dished MSU and Starkville and i say 17 u Bohannon..

99jc
10-14-2021, 09:03 PM
Along with calling the integrity of college baseball a joke, he went on to specifically mention Mississippi State.

"You look at Mississippi State winning the national championship last year," he said, "I mean, basically if you have a heartbeat, you can get in-state tuition there because there's basically no reason to go to Starkville unless it's for sports."

In terms of scholarships, Bohannon alluded to Vanderbilt and Arkansas being like Mississippi State.

Lemonis was asked about Bohannon's comments prior to Mississippi State's practice Thursday.

Lemonis said he and Bohannon have been friends a long time and perhaps Bohannon wasn't sure whether he was on the record or not.

But Lemonis clarified his stance on the topic.

"I love Starkville, Mississippi," Lemonis said. "It cracks me up ? a lot of times in recruiting people like to knock us on, 'Hey, it's a small town,' or whatever. Aren't most SEC towns small country towns?"

Lemonis mentioned his previous stops in Charleston, South Carolina, and Louisville, Kentucky, and said he has enjoyed Starkville just as much.

"Maybe (Bohannon) wouldn't like it, but I've enjoyed it," Lemonis said. "I try not to get into it too much. I don't think it was meant the way it was done, but that's all I've got to say."

Lemonis praised Bohannon's program and the talent Alabama has.

Lemonis expects a fun atmosphere at Dudy Noble on the eve of Alabama and Mississippi State's matchup on the football field Saturday.

Commercecomet24
10-14-2021, 09:05 PM
Lemonis speaking the truth. I hope bohannon enjoys the treatment his teams gonna get next time in Starkville. Ain't nothing special about Tuscaloosa.

SteelCurtain74
10-14-2021, 09:36 PM
Well Alabama is scheduled to play an exhibition game against us on Friday and we're playing them in football on Saturday so I hope there was more behind that statement than meets the eye. I would be interested to know who his intended audience was with that statement.

The Federalist Engineer
10-14-2021, 09:38 PM
What a POS

This irrelevant idiot averages 20 SEC loses per season.

Lemonis should go 100% after his recruits take some and give others to Butch.

Hambone
10-14-2021, 09:49 PM
I’m confused. This was said over two weeks ago. Did he double down or something?

AlSwearengen
10-14-2021, 09:50 PM
What was he expecting when he accepted that job? Football is a cult over there and therefore, baseball is an after thought.

If he wants to lobby for more support, he could have done it without taking jabs at MSU or Starkville. Bohannan could take some lessons from the coach at ND. He made his point about needing better support and facilities while being complimentary toward other baseball schools.

Bohannan just comes across as having a sandy ******. I think he realizes that his chances of winning big at Bama are slim and therefore, his chances at upward mobility are slimmer.

Coach34
10-14-2021, 10:09 PM
An opposing coach who is trying to downgrade our awesomeness said something bad about us? Im shocked

Jarius
10-14-2021, 10:13 PM
That was a nice way for lemonis to tell him to go **** himself without actually telling him to go **** himself.

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2021, 10:39 PM
Should just send him a tweet of the best hitter in Texas committing to us today with a middle finger

Commercecomet24
10-14-2021, 10:47 PM
That was a nice way for lemonis to tell him to go **** himself without actually telling him to go **** himself.

This.

AlSwearengen
10-14-2021, 10:48 PM
Should just send him a tweet of the best hitter in Texas committing to us today with a middle finger

Name?

CadaverDawg
10-14-2021, 10:52 PM
My reactions range from....

1) Ahh, I love the view from the top

to

2) Umm, why does he think anyone would go to Tuscaloosa other than sports?

The dipshit is jealous and pretty unaware of his surroundings. Without Alabama football, Tuscaloosa is trash pile destination

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2021, 11:07 PM
Name?

Jett Williams

https://twitter.com/jettwilliams04/status/1448706110014304258?s=21

OLJWales
10-14-2021, 11:13 PM
I am officially pissed. I wanna do something wrong right now. Sobriety and AM better get here quick.

Apoplectic
10-14-2021, 11:21 PM
Yea I don?t get the trash talk of sville when the guy lives in damn Tuscaloosa. That shithole is certainly no Athens or Columbia and damn sure not Nashville or even BR. Is there ever any reason to get off 59 to go into Tuscaloosa? Right, no there isn?t unless to go to a game.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-15-2021, 12:18 AM
Maybe Bohannon needs to talk with Jett Williams

"The campus and the town is beautiful and it was my style. It really stood out among the other schools in the end.” .... Jet Williams

starkvegasdawg
10-15-2021, 06:16 AM
Maybe Bohannon needs to talk with Jett Williams

"The campus and the town is beautiful and it was my style. It really stood out among the other schools in the end.” .... Jet Williams

Yancy made that quote up...oops...wrong school.

BiscuitEater
10-15-2021, 06:25 AM
What was he expecting when he accepted that job? Football is a cult over there and therefore, baseball is an after thought.

If he wants to lobby for more support, he could have done it without taking jabs at MSU or Starkville. Bohannan could take some lessons from the coach at ND. He made his point about needing better support and facilities while being complimentary toward other baseball schools.

Bohannan just comes across as having a sandy ******. I think he realizes that his chances of winning big at Bama are slim and therefore, his chances at upward mobility are slimmer.

Bohannan Is the Baseball Coach at a 'Footbal' School. 95% of students don't know or care 'who' the baseball Coach is! 99% of Bama 'fans' couldn't pick him out of a lineup.

He's in a very close race for 'worst coach' in SEC; already owns West crown!

FISHDAWG
10-15-2021, 07:07 AM
Yea I don?t get the trash talk of sville when the guy lives in damn Tuscaloosa. That shithole is certainly no Athens or Columbia and damn sure not Nashville or even BR. Is there ever any reason to get off 59 to go into Tuscaloosa? Right, no there isn?t unless to go to a game.

I usually stop there for gas ... actually spent the night there once and the wife got torn up by bed bugs .... I pray I never have to live there

Jack Lambert
10-15-2021, 07:47 AM
You never burn bridges. There are two types of coaches. Those who have been fired and those who are going to get fired. That's the fact. He better hope he doesn't have to come to Starkville for a interview. I am sure it will be brought up again if so. Sounds he is pissed off because he can't get the same quality of player as state and making excuses.

OLJWales
10-15-2021, 08:21 AM
You never burn bridges. There are two types of coaches. Those who have been fired and those who are going to get fired. That's the fact. He better hope he doesn't have to come to Starkville for a interview. I am sure it will be brought up again if so. Sounds he is pissed off because he can't get the same quality of player as state and making excuses.

Yep. But I doubt he'll ever get a resume request from STATE. But damn I'm still pissed even though AM and sober.

What type of question prompted such an asinine response? Don't we have over 20K there not playing sports?

WinningIsRelentless
10-15-2021, 09:03 AM
Here?s a novel idea for him, be a winner and people will want to come play for you.

Tripp McNeely
10-15-2021, 09:30 AM
Sounds like a guy already making excuses for why his tenure has been so mediocre when he gets fired next year

The Federalist Engineer
10-15-2021, 10:55 AM
Serious pivot on this thread...

Hey, Tusk? Does Alabama not offer a Dental plan to Athletic Department employees? Or just the football coaches?

https://images.rivals.com/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_headline_primary/cqmi8cty6exjiw7xfunk

Extendedcab
10-15-2021, 11:07 AM

Hey, Tusk? Does Alabama not offer a Dental plan to Athletic Department employees? Or just the football coaches?

LOL - Ouch, that hurt!!

Dawg496
10-15-2021, 11:37 AM
Having lived in both Starkville and Tuscaloosa I have to say Tuscaloosa is definitely the better town. But I wouldn?t live in either as an adult, just being honest.

That said Bohannon looks like an idiot with these comments. Sour grapes where there should be none. Did we do something to get under his skin?

Dawgface
10-15-2021, 11:58 AM
Did we do something to get under his skin?

Yes....we won a NC.

OLJWales
10-15-2021, 12:00 PM
Having lived in both Starkville and Tuscaloosa I have to say Tuscaloosa is definitely the better town. But I wouldn?t live in either as an adult, just being honest.

That said Bohannon looks like an idiot with these comments. Sour grapes where there should be none. Did we do something to get under his skin?

Hey coach whatever the 17's your name, show us with the doll how Bully humped you.

TUSK
10-15-2021, 03:11 PM

https://images.rivals.com/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_headline_primary/cqmi8cty6exjiw7xfunk

What is this thing you people call the "baseball"???

And, more importantly, why does the NCAA allow y'all to monopolize it? That seems bad for the sport... Lastly, what is y'all's method of colluding with the officials/umpires to insure success? (asking for a friend)....

Saltydog
10-15-2021, 03:31 PM
Lol.......Yeah boy, Tuscaloosa is the Dubai of the South alright......It is however good for ho's and blows so there's that..........

OLJWales
10-15-2021, 03:46 PM
What is this thing you people call the "baseball"???

And, more importantly, why does the NCAA allow y'all to monopolize it? That seems bad for the sport... Lastly, what is y'all's method of colluding with the officials/umpires to insure success? (asking for a friend)....

Well played Tusk. good job as usual considering venue and allegiances sir.

Startin' to get nervous yet? Smokin and drankin' up the profits for anxiety relief are ya?

Todd4State
10-15-2021, 07:33 PM
The funny thing is Cohen gave him his big chance at Kentucky. And he would walk from Tuscaloosa to Starkville for our job.

They can start their own NIL.

RocketDawg
10-15-2021, 07:42 PM
Lemonis speaking the truth. I hope bohannon enjoys the treatment his teams gonna get next time in Starkville. Ain't nothing special about Tuscaloosa.

That's for sure. And it's not exactly a large city either.

R2Dawg
10-15-2021, 07:45 PM

Well I know many Bama students who said they liked Bama but hated Tuscaloosa. It has some nice areas like most towns, but overall I ain't impressed. I'll take a smaller more quaint college town any day - yes like Starkvegas.

I kinda understand the little man syndrome their coach has at Bama. He is at a school where his sport will never be anything and mean nothing to no one. And he is 90 miles to the epicenter of college baseball in po little Starkville. Gotta be hard being him.

Jack Lambert
10-15-2021, 07:46 PM

That dude can eat corn through a picket fence.

Saltydog
10-15-2021, 10:52 PM
Bohannan Is the Baseball Coach at a 'Footbal' School. 95% of students don't know or care 'who' the baseball Coach is! 99% of Bama 'fans' couldn't pick him out of a lineup.

He's in a very close race for 'worst coach' in SEC; already owns West crown!

That?s where your wrong! All you?d have to do is get the lineup to smile! That sumbitch could floss with a rope!

BayouDawg
10-15-2021, 10:58 PM
That?s where your wrong! All you?d have to do is get the lineup to smile! That sumbitch could floss with a rope!

Hahahaha holy shit that was funny. Well done sir.