PDA

View Full Version : I know its looking ahead... get over it - EGG BOWL addition

Maverick91
10-14-2021, 02:47 PM
Two scenarios, which would you rather.

1. State and the pissers run the table we are at worst both top 10 teams and the winner goes to the SEC championship game. Davis Wade thanksgiving night, sell out crowd, we win in double overtime 43-35.

OR

2. We run the table, they suck for the rest of the year, we are top 10, Davis Wade thanksgiving night, sell out crowd, and we just pull a 2016 on them and rub their faces in it as we win the west and go to the SEC Championship.

I'm leaning number one, greater attention to the game, great for recruits, national prestige builder and it would stick it to the WHOLE state of Alabama where the championship game had ridden the back of the Iron Bowl for the past decade.

RiverCityDawg
10-14-2021, 02:58 PM

1. State and the pissers run the table we are at worst both top 10 teams and the winner goes to the SEC championship game. Davis Wade thanksgiving night, sell out crowd, we win in double overtime 43-35.

OR

2. We run the table, they suck for the rest of the year, we are top 10, Davis Wade thanksgiving night, sell out crowd, and we just pull a 2016 on them and rub their faces in it as we win the west and go to the SEC Championship.

I'm leaning number one, greater attention to the game, great for recruits, national prestige builder and it would stick it to the WHOLE state of Alabama where the championship game had ridden the back of the Iron Bowl for the past decade.

#2 and it's not close. The less success for them the better, and in this scenario we get the same level of success regardless, just miss out on a thrilling EB ending. While that would be fun, I'd give that up for the fun of seeing them suck each week and then crushing them on Thanksgiving.

Dawgology
10-14-2021, 03:02 PM

OR

I've moved past prestige builders. Prestige doesn't mean anything for the MSU's of the world. We can go to 12 straight bowl games and Ole Miss can stay home from a bowl game every year and we would still be picked last in the west. (oh yeah....that is what has happend). It is what is. The media will not change their stance on us...ever. I don't know if it's a conspiracy, destiny, laziness, or a combination of it all but it's just the way it is.

Jack Lambert
10-14-2021, 04:09 PM
Tenn is going to score last and win the game this weekend. Those will be two horrible defenses.

confucius say
10-14-2021, 05:49 PM

preachermatt83
10-14-2021, 08:55 PM
#2 and it's not close. The less success for them the better, and in this scenario we get the same level of success regardless, just miss out on a thrilling EB ending. While that would be fun, I'd give that up for the fun of seeing them suck each week and then crushing them on Thanksgiving.

This.

Bdawg
10-14-2021, 09:01 PM
2. I wish absolutely no success for them and would love every second of a crushing defeat.
The only time I was glad the game was close was the Piss and Miss because that was an embarrassment to their program and made it that much sweeter that they showed their a** and it backfired gloriously!!

OLJWales
10-15-2021, 01:57 AM
Ole Miss still goes to hell with bamer baseball coach regardless.

Schultzy
10-15-2021, 07:00 AM

But privately I’d tell you I’d take six right now and be ecstatic with 7.

I don’t trust this team yet - we have very little shot at winning this weekend and I’m not optimistic about the season finale either. It’s the Kentucky game we need badly to get to seven wins.

Captain Falcon
10-15-2021, 09:10 AM

I don’t trust this team yet - we have very little shot at winning this weekend and I’m not optimistic about the season finale either. It’s the Kentucky game we need badly to get to seven wins.

Arkansas and Auburn are very winnable games. We will probably be underdogs on the road, but I haven't seen any reason we should concede those games as losses.

Maverick91
10-15-2021, 09:23 AM
Man! you guys are making me swing my vote to number 2. There is so much riding on tomorrow.

PikeDawg15
10-15-2021, 05:51 PM

But privately I?d tell you I?d take six right now and be ecstatic with 7.

I don?t trust this team yet - we have very little shot at winning this weekend and I?m not optimistic about the season finale either. It?s the Kentucky game we need badly to get to seven wins.

I am way more scared of kentucky than I am ole miss

Bdawg
10-15-2021, 07:10 PM

Heck we need Kentucky just to be sure we get to six!