PDA

View Full Version : Zachary Arnett

Maverick91
10-14-2021, 10:04 AM
Idk about you guys. But, the more I listen to this dude, he actually really sounds like he likes being at State and working for Leach. He made some comments in this interview that just make you wonder if he wants to stay long term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeHlPIbhthM

Johnson85
10-14-2021, 10:49 AM
Idk about you guys. But, the more I listen to this dude, he actually really sounds like he likes being at State and working for Leach. He made some comments in this interview that just make you wonder if he wants to stay long term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeHlPIbhthM

With how fast the coaching carousel moves these days and how much top coordinators get paid now, it makes sense that you would see some coordinators be a little more patient and selective. Lots of new head coaches only make it three or four years before getting dumped now. Jumping at the first opportunity guarantees you a good nest egg, but subjects you to a lot of risk that you're going to be back at a coordinator position in a few years with a black mark on your resume. If you're making 7 figures already, and you know a good number of jobs are coming open every year, you can afford to be a little picky in the hopes that it increases the chances that you make it 7 or 8 years, and get generational wealth, rather than feeling like you can't turn down the first multi-million dollar offer.

ShotgunDawg
10-14-2021, 11:10 AM
You can tell that Arnett & Leach have a good working relationship.

When Joel Coleman interviewed Leach on his podcast Sunday, they were talking TV shows & Coleman mentioned that Arnett's favorite TV was surely Breaking Bad since he's from New Mexico. Leach responded that Arnett had never actually seen an episode of Breaking Bad &, when Joel replied "why?", Leach said "because he's one of the characters in it. No need to watch it when you're in the show."

You can tell there is some banter between them & they like each other.

FISHDAWG
10-14-2021, 11:17 AM
With how fast the coaching carousel moves these days and how much top coordinators get paid now, it makes sense that you would see some coordinators be a little more patient and selective. Lots of new head coaches only make it three or four years before getting dumped now. Jumping at the first opportunity guarantees you a good nest egg, but subjects you to a lot of risk that you're going to be back at a coordinator position in a few years with a black mark on your resume. If you're making 7 figures already, and you know a good number of jobs are coming open every year, you can afford to be a little picky in the hopes that it increases the chances that you make it 7 or 8 years, and get generational wealth, rather than feeling like you can't turn down the first multi-million dollar offer.

while also thinking there might be an opening right here in a year or two .... just sayin

Ifyouonlyknew
10-14-2021, 01:49 PM
If we can get 1 more season out of Arnett I'll be very happy.

Jack Lambert
10-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Did he say, "getting 11 asses to the ball"?

Extendedcab
10-14-2021, 02:15 PM
I thought he said "hats".

Commercecomet24
10-14-2021, 02:32 PM
Well either one works, lol.

Maverick91
10-14-2021, 02:35 PM

lol same thing I heard. But, then I was like "he probably said hats." lol

OLJWales
10-15-2021, 09:01 AM
lol same thing I heard. But, then I was like "he probably said hats." lol

I bet he says "asses" on the field.

Captain Falcon
10-15-2021, 09:07 AM
He has already been here longer than 90% of Mullen's defensive coordinators were, LOL.

OLJWales
10-15-2021, 09:20 AM
He has already been here longer than 90% of Mullen's defensive coordinators were, LOL.

Ain't dat duh troof. Man I got tired of that.

Maverick91
10-15-2021, 09:25 AM
Yeah, if we can keep him another season. That will tell me that Mullen just sucked with D coordinators. The fact that Grantham has stayed with him this long boggles my mind.

Leroy Jenkins
10-15-2021, 09:29 AM

Would be an interesting way to tackle; better watch out for targeting though.