PDA

View Full Version : 15

DawgsBite34
11-17-2013, 11:41 AM
If we have Dak Prescott, I honestly believe we will smoke Arkansas and TSUN will be walking into a hornets nest on Thanksgiving night. Dan may have coached his best game of the year last night, except when we got to the 2 and we didn't run with Shump or JRob. Had some bad playcalls but like I've said with TR in the game Mullen's playsheet is down to about 5-10 plays at the most. We need 15. If we have him the next 2 weeks he'll bring the entire fanbase back on Mullen's side

mek34
11-19-2013, 05:19 PM
If we play the last two games like we did against Ala I think we win both

justwin
11-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Dak has accounted for 17 tds this year, but his 7/7 td to interception ratio is worrisome. Marshall at Auburn is 9/5 passing ratio and has also scored 9 rushing tds so better numbers. Of course, the 5’10” 205 Tre Mason has scored 17 tds for Auburn so clearly Marshall knows that the RB should do most of the carries. Too bad we don’t have anyone on our roster who is bigger and better than Mason…

So, what should Dak take away from this injury? I’m thinking he needs to do a better job of getting down, obviously. However, he probably needs to really work on pitching and giving on the read option as that will probably reduce his carries to around 10/game from the 15 or so and alleviate some of the punishment he’s taking. Just seems that we very seldom give it to the outside pitch man or jet sweep guy in motion when Auburn, TXAM, OM do it more successfully than we do. More importantly, I would really like to see a full complement of the screens, double screens, etc as that’s very much like an extended handoff to our RBs.

Just kind of shows you that a running qb usually never makes it a full season. I wonder if he’s capable of playing Saturday despite the shoulder injury…I’m very doubtful.