PDA

View Full Version : F*ck the negative, let's get woolly. I went to the baseball scrimmage......

Goat Holder
11-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Serious. Bunch of folks there, like a midweek crowd. Bunch of recruits and former players there, Maniscalco among them. Even a good many Bammer fans. Woodruff throwing gas. Sexton bringing heat. Pirtle and Britton are the best in the country up the middle. Henderson lined another ball off Lindgren's cleat, and he pussed out. That was pretty much the only bad thing about it. I don't expect much from Lindgren this year, he doesn't have it between the ears.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Cue Will James's Lindgren defense in 3...2...1....

Will James
11-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Cue Will James's Lindgren defense in 3...2...1....

If being a better version of Girodo means not expecting much, you are expecting us to be the St. Louis Cardinals Goat. As in, equal to the MLB team.

Tbonewannabe
11-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Serious. Bunch of folks there, like a midweek crowd. Bunch of recruits and former players there, Maniscalco among them. Even a good many Bammer fans. Woodruff throwing gas. Sexton bringing heat. Pirtle and Britton are the best in the country up the middle. Henderson lined another ball off Lindgren's cleat, and he pussed out. That was pretty much the only bad thing about it. I don't expect much from Lindgren this year, he doesn't have it between the ears.

7 is my favorite MSU baseball player of all time. Decent gap hitter but I absolutely loved watching him play short. Best defensive shortstop I have ever seen on the college level. I guess he just couldn't get his hitting up to par because he had gold glove type defensive ability.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 12:03 PM
If being a better version of Girodo means not expecting much, you are expecting us to be the St. Louis Cardinals Goat. As in, equal to the MLB team.

Haha, I'm not gonna lie, Lindgren has the tools to be great, but I am starting to question his mental toughness a little bit. I am still with you on him being a stud for us this year though.

MSUDawg4Life
11-17-2013, 12:30 PM
7 is my favorite MSU baseball player of all time. Decent gap hitter but I absolutely loved watching him play short. Best defensive shortstop I have ever seen on the college level. I guess he just couldn't get his hitting up to par because he had gold glove type defensive ability.

I enjoyed watching Maniscalco play too. Kid was crazy good with his glove.

Will James
11-17-2013, 12:53 PM
I'll be there today.

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Lindgren wanted to stay in the game, but the coaches took him out because you know- it was a scrimmage. If they had continued to let him pitch and by chance something actually was hurt worse than anyone expected and they lost him for the year, they would have looked like complete morons.

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 01:05 PM

He made it up to AAA and as you said he couldn't quite get his hitting where it needed to be.

Saltydog
11-17-2013, 01:21 PM
and justifiably so but we need Lindgren to pitch like he did early in the year last season.......

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Lindgren's velocity has been up but he has been kind of up and down this fall. He had one rough outing where he gave up 6 runs but most of the others have been OK.

I think it's smart that we are starting him out in the bullpen- and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he works his way into the rotation before the year is over.

Goat Holder
11-17-2013, 02:20 PM
You really need to stop with the self-proclaimed know-it-all gig. Because you obviously don't. This:

Lindgren wanted to stay in the game, but the coaches took him out

.....is false.

Goat Holder
11-17-2013, 02:21 PM
but I am starting to question his mental toughness a little bit

Starting? Guy is a mental midget.

Will James
11-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Starting? Guy is a mental midget.

He needs to cut some of the goofy shit out and become a ruthless asshole on the mound.

take the Woodruff approach. No emotion, looks like he'd just as soon stab you as pitch to you and keep walking.

Goat Holder
11-17-2013, 02:26 PM
I'll 100% agree with that. His talent is why the coaches are giving him leeway. Guy's potential is limitless. He's too busy hazing folks and being a bench mob goon.

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 04:13 PM
You really need to stop with the self-proclaimed know-it-all gig. Because you obviously don't. This:

.....is false.

Then prove me wrong douchebag.

Jacksondevildog
11-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Lots of former players and current recruits there yesterday. I saw Chris Stratton and Tyler Moore in attendance. The electricity around the baseball program right now is incredible.

Goat Holder
11-17-2013, 04:34 PM
I already did. My eyes. I was there, and I saw what happened.

Look, I get it, you love baseball and like to report stuff to the board. That's all good. But don't call me out on something that I myself witnessed just because you're an internet expert. That's where you went wrong.

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 04:44 PM
I already did. My eyes. I was there, and I saw what happened.

Look, I get it, you love baseball and like to report stuff to the board. That's all good. But don't call me out on something that I myself witnessed just because you're an internet expert. That's where you went wrong.

"Your eyes". Did your eyes see him talking to the trainer and the coaches after he got hit in the foot too? Did your eyes know what they were talking about out there?

I'm just relaying what I was told by someone that I trust. Believe me, don't believe me, I don't care. Regardless, I brought what I was told to the board, and instead of refuting it with something of substance- which you haven't done other than "with your eyes" which basically equals you admitting to talking out of your ass and somehow twisting it around into your sick little head as fact.

And on top of that, you have the gall to call me a "self-proclaimed baseball expert"? And you're calling people out for being self-righteous? Kiss my ass.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Everybody that was at the game on twitter said that he could have kept going, but the coaches didn't want to take any chances in a fall scrimmage. So I assumed it was very minor, and he could have kept pitching.

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Everybody that was at the game on twitter said that he could have kept going, but the coaches didn't want to take any chances in a fall scrimmage. So I assumed it was very minor, and he could have kept pitching.

But goat saw it with his own eyes! How can that be?

messageboardsuperhero
11-17-2013, 04:55 PM

I was there yesterday too. It wasn't serious and Lindgren could have kept going, but the coaches didn't want to risk anything- and that was the right call.

Does he need to lay off some of the goofy stuff and be more serious? Probably, but there was no reason to leave him out there yesterday.

bully99
11-17-2013, 05:02 PM
A few days ago one of the national baseball writers (Aaron Fitt I think) said John Cohen said Lindgren would likely be used out of the bullpen. I wasn't there but it's real nice for our own so-called fans who go on message boards and call our own players kooks and nutjobs. Real classy.

Ronny
11-17-2013, 07:10 PM
..will be fine.

Just be glad we have a nationally renowed baseball program that is beginning to make in-roads into the bigtime. Something MSU fan can truly be proud of.

If we were stuck having to discuss our shitty football team, or our 5 year rebuilding plan basketball team, this place would be too depressing to frequent.

Lefthandersrule
11-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Goat Holder I was there also and the ball didnt go off his cleat it went off his ankle. How do I know this? because I talked to him after the scrimmage and he took off the protcetive boot and showed it to me. The coaches didn't want him to continue.

Listening to a person like you reminds me of all the idiots that sit in the stands and say "well when I played" or "this is the way it should be done" and don't know squat.

I really look forward to Lindgren showing all you naysayers up this year.

But maybe he should have stayed in the meaningless scrimmage just to make you feel better.

I've forgotten more about baseball than you'll ever know.