PDA

View Full Version : Coach NMP steps down

BrunswickDawg
10-12-2021, 03:41 PM
Coach NMP has stepped down as WBB HC.
Heath issues.

https://hailstate.com/news/2021/10/12/womens-basketball-msu-womens-basketball-coach-nikki-mccray-penson-steps-down-to-focus-on-health.aspx

Extendedcab
10-12-2021, 03:47 PM
WOW, I did not expect this! I wish her and her family the best!

KOdawg1
10-12-2021, 03:49 PM
Matthew Mitchell if he's healthy

CaptainObvious
10-12-2021, 03:51 PM
Wow is right. Prayers for her. I feel terribly guilty for questioning why she coached from her chair so much. Health issues would certainly explain that. Best wishes for Coach!

NCMSTFAN
10-12-2021, 03:54 PM
She previously had Cancer, hopefully it's not back. Good luck to Coach NMP

bluelightstar
10-12-2021, 04:03 PM
The statement suggests the cancer might have unfortunately returned. Prayers to Coach.

BeardoMSU
10-12-2021, 04:06 PM
Jeez.

OLJWales
10-12-2021, 04:10 PM
This is when personal opinions take a back seat.

God Speed Ma'am.

ScottH
10-12-2021, 04:10 PM
Be well Nikki

Commercecomet24
10-12-2021, 04:11 PM
Praying for her health!

captaindog
10-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Coach NMP has stepped down as WBB HC.
Heath issues.

https://hailstate.com/news/2021/10/12/womens-basketball-msu-womens-basketball-coach-nikki-mccray-penson-steps-down-to-focus-on-health.aspx

Praying for her, her family and the team.

BayouDawg
10-12-2021, 04:12 PM
I hope she gets well soon.

Maverick91
10-12-2021, 04:21 PM
Praying!

preachermatt83
10-12-2021, 04:22 PM
Things like this make us realize Sports isn’t everything. I was hoping she would not be our coach much longer but certainly not this way. So sad. Praying for her!!

Dawg_Lover
10-12-2021, 04:32 PM
Family may disagree among themselves, but when one is down, or in need, they always rally around that family member.
MS State is family, and lifting prayers now for Coach McCray!
May God heal, give strength and comfort.

Coach34
10-12-2021, 04:33 PM
Well that sux. Hope they caught it early enough and she beats it again.

Hambone
10-12-2021, 04:42 PM
Prayers sent.

BeardoMSU
10-12-2021, 04:43 PM
Things like this make us realize Sports isn’t everything.

This. It's also sad that it takes moments like these for us all (myself included) to realize it.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2021, 04:47 PM
This. It's also sad that it takes moments like these for us all (myself included) to realize it.

Truth right there.

Turfdawg67
10-12-2021, 05:04 PM
Wow is right. Prayers for her. I feel terribly guilty for questioning why she coached from her chair so much. Health issues would certainly explain that. Best wishes for Coach!

In the words of Forest Gump... Stupid is as stupid does.

Turfdawg67
10-12-2021, 05:10 PM

Goodness, he's a preacher... he's just now realizing life is bigger than sports?? The one we expect should be least critical gets a wake up call?!? Hallelujah, I guess.

Anyway, speedy recovery coach!

CaptainObvious
10-12-2021, 05:21 PM
In the words of Forest Gump... Stupid is as stupid does.

Oh Trashdawg67, don?t worry. My concern for you is the same as it always has been. May God transfer Coach NMP?s health issues to you, a much more deserving candidate. Then I would actually have a reason to pray for you!

Turfdawg67
10-12-2021, 05:29 PM
Oh Trashdawg67, don?t worry. My concern for you is the same as it always has been. May God transfer Coach NMP?s health issues to you, a much more deserving candidate. Then I would actually have a reason to pray for you!

Nice "question marks" in your retort... really shows your intelligence. 17'n moron

Reunion Dog
10-12-2021, 05:36 PM
I am hearing she was FORCED to resign. Don?t always believe what they spin out of the athletic department.

CaptainObvious
10-12-2021, 05:37 PM
Nice "question marks" in your retort... really shows your intelligence. 17'n moron

You started this shit on a thread commiserating the illness of our Women?s Basketball coach with your snarky Forrest Gump remark. I can only assume you really are human trash and I hate you have any association with our great University at all. But trash like you gonna be trash. Enjoy your miserable existence Turddawg67. I can only hope you didn?t reproduce.

Turfdawg67
10-12-2021, 05:44 PM
You started this shit on a thread commiserating the illness of our Women?s Basketball coach with your snarky Forrest Gump remark. I can only assume you really are human trash and I hate you have any association with our great University at all. But trash like you gonna be trash. Enjoy your miserable existence Turddawg67. I can only hope you didn?t reproduce.

And you were sorry you questioned her sitting down during games... aww, I'm sure she understands, superfan! Thoughts and prayers, right?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-12-2021, 05:49 PM
I am hearing she was FORCED to resign. Don?t always believe what they spin out of the athletic department.

For what reason?

captaindog
10-12-2021, 05:50 PM

Where are you hearing that and what is the real reason? That would be unreal spin that Coach McCray-Penson was in on based on her comments in the press release.

OLJWales
10-12-2021, 05:55 PM
Goodness, he's a preacher... he's just now realizing life is bigger than sports?? The one we expect should be least critical gets a wake up call?!? Hallelujah, I guess.

Pre Shate the unwarranted fake news.

OLJWales
10-12-2021, 05:57 PM

Have you lost your damn mind?

The Federalist Engineer
10-12-2021, 05:58 PM
Terrible- I hope a sabbatical and coming next year is on the table.

ScoobaDawg
10-12-2021, 06:35 PM

and.. Y'all enjoy some time off for trashing a coach who is obviously very sick. Y'all are disgusting.
I pray that whatever serious condition is going on in Coach NMP's life that she get's the best care possible, whether she ever coaches again or not...
and also to the players.. they have been thru a lot over the past few years, changing coaches, covid-19, a less than expected season and losing half the team... only to rebuild.. and now this...

Fader21
10-12-2021, 06:37 PM
Yeah if you state she was forced to resign over health concerns. That definitely needs to be addressed than a rumor.

Saltydog
10-12-2021, 07:08 PM
Matthew Mitchell if he's healthy

This should be the first call no doubt.....It's been almost a year but if I remember correctly he had a head injury and those can be awfully hard to overcome......

LC Dawg
10-12-2021, 07:11 PM
I was looking forward to seeing if there were any improvements in the team. She brought in some talent in the offseason. I don't think she was as bad of a coach as most people thought but she let some things with the team get out of control. I hope she overcomes whatever health issues she is having.

ZedFedder
10-12-2021, 07:19 PM
Get better NMP!

NCMSTFAN
10-12-2021, 07:28 PM

I'd be careful with these types of reports, I highly doubt that she or the Athletic Department would use health reasons as a reason for her to step down, especially with her history of cancer if it were not true. And if your going to put something like that out there state where you "heard" it from

preachermatt83
10-12-2021, 07:31 PM
and.. Y'all enjoy some time off for trashing a coach who is obviously very sick. Y'all are disgusting.
I pray that whatever serious condition is going on in Coach NMP's life that she get's the best care possible, whether she ever coaches again or not...
and also to the players.. they have been thru a lot over the past few years, changing coaches, covid-19, a less than expected season and losing half the team... only to rebuild.. and now this...

Amen. Turfdawg should never be allowed to post here. Dude he is literally the biggest piece of garbage I’ve encountered on here

OLJWales
10-12-2021, 07:33 PM
Lots of self bloviating up in here

Todd4State
10-12-2021, 07:35 PM
Praying for her. Hope she recovers soon.

R2Dawg
10-12-2021, 07:45 PM
Prayers for NMP. We all go thru health issues. Perspective is needed in all parts of life.

The board is so predictable. It only took to page 2 to get out of control.

Someone says something and someone else has their feelings on their sleeves and then insults exchange. Is their an adult version of a sports board?

Some just waited until someone said something about her as a coach and then everyone pounced. Her coaching ability and her health issues and value as a human being are not the same topic. We have too many single minded folks.

Coach34
10-12-2021, 07:53 PM
Well hold on. More is leaking. Hearing it's not cancer thank goodness. I hope that is 100% true. But dont be all mad at Reunion Dog yet

Cowbell
10-12-2021, 07:58 PM
Well hold on. More is leaking. Hearing it's not cancer thank goodness. I hope that is 100% true. But dont be all mad at Reunion Dog yet

Yeah I don't understand banning a guy until it is atleast disproven. He wasn't bashing her at all., just stating what he has heard.

Cowbell
10-12-2021, 07:59 PM
She literally just made a hire 10 days ago

Dawgology
10-12-2021, 09:16 PM

I’m not sure where the cancer story came from. Was that the official word? I’m not a fan of her coaching but I’d rather keep her another 20 years than see a family touched by that shit. I hope it’s not.

99jc
10-12-2021, 09:18 PM
there is more here than is being told...taken from the vol board

The statement I read from the school was cold and formal. It wasn?t warm and well wishing. It was the statement an AD puts out when someone resigns to ?focus on other endeavors? or to ?spend more time with their family.?

They also removed her from the website in record time. Not exactly what you?d expect their athletic department?s first priority to be.

Last year was not great for her. Most of Starkville wanted her gone and they have had problems all off season. Carter?s suspension and I have heard rumors (yes, rumors) that working in the Hayes sisters was not going as well as hoped.

Her health may be the largest component but I have a feeling there is more to this story and we will hear about it over the next few weeks.

confucius say
10-12-2021, 09:32 PM
Have no idea if it is health related or not.

I do understand people are cynical by nature. And when someone has to step away for an illness, they usually take an indefinite leave of absence with the possible opportunity to come back. We are starting a nationwide search immediately.

I don't think reunion dog should be banned in any event.

starkvegasdawg
10-12-2021, 11:20 PM
I talked to someone that has been inside the woman's locker room very recently...I'll leave it at that...and from what this person told me is the players don't just dislike NMP...they hate her 17ing guts. This is straight from their mouths bluntly. There were about to be more transfers out. At least this one individual severely doubts the health excuse being given. The locker room was irrevocably lost.

DownwardDawg
10-12-2021, 11:43 PM
She stated her health issues from the past are back. Y'all just love some rumors. She is a survivor and according to her statement it sounds like it's back.

Dawgology
10-13-2021, 12:25 AM
She stated her health issues from the past are back. Y'all just love some rumors. She is a survivor and according to her statement it sounds like it's back.

That’s terrible. I hate that for her and her family. I hope she gets better fast.

parabrave
10-13-2021, 12:37 AM
Is Johnnie still available?

OLJWales
10-13-2021, 01:16 AM
Is Johnnie still available?

Little early nimrod?

parabrave
10-13-2021, 02:49 AM
Little early nimrod?

No there is an opening and it needs to be filled. Fletcher didn't wait long after Bloody Bill was killed/

NCMSTFAN
10-13-2021, 05:25 AM
I talked to someone that has been inside the woman's locker room very recently...I'll leave it at that...and from what this person told me is the players don't just dislike NMP...they hate her 17ing guts. This is straight from their mouths bluntly. There were about to be more transfers out. At least this one individual severely doubts the health excuse being given. The locker room was irrevocably lost.

I cant believe people have the guts to even post things like this. Do u really think she would insinuate her cancer is back as an excuse to step down. Her players love her, watch their videos.. you don't go out and get that type of talent if your players hate you. All that being said, even if it were true, after it's been put out its a health issue, why not respect that and leave it there no matter what you "heard"

bulldawg28
10-13-2021, 06:36 AM
I cant believe people have the guts to even post things like this. Do u really think she would insinuate her cancer is back as an excuse to step down. Her players love her, watch their videos.. you don't go out and get that type of talent if your players hate you. All that being said, even if it were true, after it's been put out its a health issue, why not respect that and leave it there no matter what you "heard"

Some people are little media clones. They'd rather break news and destroy at the expense of hurt others. It's sad and why some should NEVER receive insight other than what they read from a rumor board.

NCMSTFAN
10-13-2021, 07:19 AM
Some people are little media clones. They'd rather break news and destroy at the expense of hurt others. It's sad and why some should NEVER receive insight other than what they read from a rumor board.

I see that. Its sad and embarrassing to see that people are actually starting "I heard" rumors about something as serious as someone's health especially with her history. God forbid if something more serious were to happen to her, you people on here starting this mess will hopefully feel like idiots. This is one of those issues where people just need to shut the heck up and send positive prayers and wishes and leave it at that. Whether its true or not.... And if you are going to start "I heard" rumors about something this serious be bold enough to say who you heard it from, let's not be vague about it

starkvegasdawg
10-13-2021, 09:55 AM

She said health problems. She never insinuated cancer. That was a message board thing. Her players hate her. This was them telling this person that directly in conversation. They said she can be fun when making those videos but those are just those videos and outside of those it's a completely different story. The players said they would not play for her but we're going to go out and play for themselves and the university. Sorry that gets your panties all in a wad. If her players love her and this is truly for health reasons where are all the tweets from the players offering their support and hoping she recovers?

confucius say
10-13-2021, 09:58 AM
Why do they hate her?

NCMSTFAN
10-13-2021, 10:41 AM
She said health problems. She never insinuated cancer. That was a message board thing. Her players hate her. This was them telling this person that directly in conversation. They said she can be fun when making those videos but those are just those videos and outside of those it's a completely different story. The players said they would not play for her but we're going to go out and play for themselves and the university. Sorry that gets your panties all in a wad. If her players love her and this is truly for health reasons where are all the tweets from the players offering their support and hoping she recovers?

Coach NMP statement: “Over the past several weeks, I have been faced again with the health concerns I had hoped were behind me. In light of these developments, I have decided to step away from coaching in order to devote my full time and energy to addressing those issues,” Obviously she didn't come out and say this is cancer again but as much as she has spoken about her past cancer issues, most would think this is what she is talking about. I could be 100% wrong, and if so I will own up to that and apologize. But to make a bonafide statement that her players hate her or that this whole health thing is a lie without showing any proof is simply crazy! Show some proof before making those types of allegations. If she and the Athletic Department are using Health issues as an excuse, our entire program is in alot of trouble from a character standpoint and that starts at the very top.

Irondawg
10-13-2021, 10:49 AM
Who knows but it was interesting that a question was asked if it was possible for her to take the year off and come back.

The answer was a firm ?no?

So did that come from the university side or Nikki saying firmly she was done? I don?t know. But there is room for some speculation there.

That said I really hope it?s not cancer again or anything else life altering.

NCMSTFAN
10-13-2021, 11:15 AM
Who knows but it was interesting that a question was asked if it was possible for her to take the year off and come back.

So did that come from the university side or Nikki saying firmly she was done? I don?t know. But there is room for some speculation there.

I agree, good post. This is all everyone should be saying. At the end of the day none of us are in the locker rooms or really know what's going on so people need to really be careful with hearsay and speculation without providing facts, especially when it comes to people's health.

confucius say
10-13-2021, 11:21 AM

This was my point.

Also, we handled it poorly from a PR standpoint if it is health. Either have her do a presser. Or if you are worried about her fielding health questions, do a video and release it on Twitter wishing the team well and encouraging the fan base to get behind the team. Doing it the way we did invites cynicism.

But we've sucked at PR for decades so no surprise.

OLJWales
10-13-2021, 11:21 AM
Yeah I don't understand banning a guy until it is atleast disproven. He wasn't bashing her at all., just stating what he has heard.

Not the point. The OP spoke health and that's all that mattered at the time. Was NOT duh time to jump outside the box. JMHO.

Dak Holliday
10-13-2021, 01:53 PM
Coach NMP statement: ?Over the past several weeks, I have been faced again with the health concerns I had hoped were behind me. In light of these developments, I have decided to step away from coaching in order to devote my full time and energy to addressing those issues,? Obviously she didn't come out and say this is cancer again but as much as she has spoken about her past cancer issues, most would think this is what she is talking about. I could be 100% wrong, and if so I will own up to that and apologize. But to make a bonafide statement that her players hate her or that this whole health thing is a lie without showing any proof is simply crazy! Show some proof before making those types of allegations. If she and the Athletic Department are using Health issues as an excuse, our entire program is in alot of trouble from a character standpoint and that starts at the very top.

Great post. like button push 👆🏼
If there is more going on and the Athletic Dept used or allowed one to use this in an untrue manner as a way to gloss over other issues, then the next thread should be about who we need to replace and with whom.
This being said, I pray that CNMP has good health and healing. Even if she isn?t facing cancer currently, survivors can always use prayers of continued health.

NCMSTFAN
10-13-2021, 01:57 PM
Great post. like button push ����
If there is more going on and the Athletic Dept used or allowed one to use this in an untrue manner as a way to gloss over other issues, then the next thread should be about who we need to replace and with whom.
This being said, I pray that CNMP has good health and healing. Even if she isn?t facing cancer currently, survivors can always use prayers of continued health.

I agree completely!

jdelta02
10-24-2021, 10:03 AM
The best to Coach McCray Penson, prayers. Also, fans on the board showing support...good to see.