PDA

View Full Version : I really like to dream... Even if it doesn't come true!

Maverick91
10-12-2021, 11:07 AM
What do you guys think would be the fallout if we actually did beat Bama? They haven't lost two games in a row since 2015, so I cannot even remember the attitude around that time.

Would they be calling for Saban to retire? I think it depends on how they lose.

I honestly don't know.

I think the narrative would be that they were over hyped and inexperienced, wait till next year.

But, golly gee, we would be tied for first in the best and depending on how other games played out we would be in the drivers seat. :cool: Can we not dream!

Extendedcab
10-12-2021, 11:10 AM
Well by linear logic:

IF A beats B and B beats C then A "should" beat C.

A = MSU
B = TA&M
C = Bama

I am very hopeful we will find a way to beat Bama this weekend!

Johnson85
10-12-2021, 11:14 AM
What do you guys think would be the fallout if we actually did beat Bama? They haven't lost two games in a row since 2015, so I cannot even remember the attitude around that time.

I honestly don't know.

I think the narrative would be that they were over hyped and inexperienced, wait till next year.

But, golly gee, we would be tied for first in the best and depending on how other games played out we would be in the drivers seat. :cool: Can we not dream!

Judging by how disinterested they were in the Sugar bowl against Utah, I am guessing a second loss would result in a serious loss of focus for Bama going forward. Two different teams obviously, but I think when you come there to compete for championships, being out of it in mid-october would be disappointing enough to cause bad reactions. I don't know, maybe being in the middle of the year and not wanting to be embarrassed by having 3 losses would cause them to get focused.

OLJWales
10-12-2021, 11:42 AM

I honestly don't know.

Fallout? Tusk's bed ridden depression prevents him from firing on another attack on his weed patch from armie ants. Ants devour weed patch; get high as a kite then sing in unison on his porch "Who let the Dogs Out".

R2Dawg
10-12-2021, 11:53 AM

I honestly don't know.

The narrative is already we are young, wait till next year. If they lose to MSU, not sure if that will stick or not.

TNDawg35
10-12-2021, 12:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed if we ever beat a “good” team there is always an excuse, well they are down this year or not really that good, or in Coach’s case “everything went right..”

We can’t ever beat a good team. There is always an excuse from someone about it…

vindastra
10-12-2021, 12:23 PM
Without a kicker, not gonna happen.

Dawg_Lover
10-12-2021, 12:40 PM
Maverick, gotta say luv your attitude!

And, Extendedcab, your logic, as well!

Both made my day even better! Thanks!!

Extendedcab
10-12-2021, 12:47 PM
You're welcome Dawg_Lover!

Johnson85
10-12-2021, 12:48 PM
Has anyone else noticed if we ever beat a “good” team there is always an excuse, well they are down this year or not really that good, or in Coach’s case “everything went right..”

We can’t ever beat a good team. There is always an excuse from someone about it…

Usually what those all come down to is, "we didn't beat anybody that contended for or won the national championship". Which is not really all that surprising, because you're talking about maybe five teams in the nation that have one of those wins each year before the playoffs. Maybe even only two or three teams have those type of wins depending on how the CFP playoff sets up.

Maverick91
10-12-2021, 01:24 PM
Maverick, gotta say luv your attitude!

And, Extendedcab, your logic, as well!

Both made my day even better! Thanks!!

Tips the hat!

Maverick91
10-12-2021, 01:25 PM
Fallout? Tusk's bed ridden depression prevents him from firing on another attack on his weed patch from armie ants. Ants devour weed patch; get high as a kite then sing in unison on his porch "Who let the Dogs Out".

I love how your mind works!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-12-2021, 01:28 PM
Can we not dream!

no...don't fall for this. We will lose and lose handily.

Jack Lambert
10-12-2021, 01:36 PM
This all over the State of Alabama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88wxjwUtr08

BulldogBear
10-12-2021, 02:59 PM

Yes. Exactly. In my family we have often said that we seem to be the unchanging control group of the SEC and perhaps all college football. AND MANY BULLDOGS AND PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THINK EXACLTY THAT WAY AS WELL. It is stupid.

For example, in 2014, Auburn, LSU, and TAMU were "down." Bullshit. They were down because we beat them, and when they beat us it is because we are down, so to speak.

MSU 10-2
LSU 8-4
Auburn 8-4
TAMU 7-5

They were "down" because they lost to us. Now, change the results to what is supposed to happen (they beat us) and you'll see that it is simple business as usual.

MSU 7-5
LSU 9-3
Auburn 9-3
TAMU 8-4

Hell let's throw UPig in there (6-6) in there.

MSU 6-6
LSU 9-3
Auburn 9-3
TAMU 8-4
UPig 7-5

And now we're just Mittittippi Tate like we're supposed to be. They were not down. We beat them. There's a difference. 4-8 or 5-7 is down, not 8-4 because we beat them.

GTFO here with that BS.

Maverick91
10-12-2021, 03:27 PM
no...don't fall for this. We will lose and lose handily.

laaa la la la la lalala llalalalallala dreaming!

Maverick91
10-12-2021, 03:30 PM
This all over the State of Alabama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88wxjwUtr08

I watched this whole thing. Wow! What a graphic novel put to motion picture for what will happen. lol

memsu06
10-12-2021, 05:25 PM
If we beat Bama, LSU continues to lose, and we beat the remaining teams on our schedule then we win the SEC West.

Long shot, but now it's possible.

Jack Lambert
10-12-2021, 07:52 PM
If we beat Bama, LSU continues to lose, and we beat the remaining teams on our schedule then we win the SEC West.

I like your sprit.

Dak Holliday
10-13-2021, 10:34 AM
Yes. Exactly. In my family we have often said that we seem to be the unchanging control group of the SEC and perhaps all college football. AND MANY BULLDOGS AND PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THINK EXACLTY THAT WAY AS WELL. It is stupid.

For example, in 2014, Auburn, LSU, and TAMU were "down." Bullshit. They were down because we beat them, and when they beat us it is because we are down, so to speak.

MSU 10-2
LSU 8-4
Auburn 8-4
TAMU 7-5

They were "down" because they lost to us. Now, change the results to what is supposed to happen (they beat us) and you'll see that it is simple business as usual.

MSU 7-5
LSU 9-3
Auburn 9-3
TAMU 8-4

Hell let's throw UPig in there (6-6) in there.

MSU 6-6
LSU 9-3
Auburn 9-3
TAMU 8-4
UPig 7-5

And now we're just Mittittippi Tate like we're supposed to be. They were not down. We beat them. There's a difference. 4-8 or 5-7 is down, not 8-4 because we beat them.

GTFO here with that BS.

Quality post 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

TNDawg35
10-13-2021, 10:45 AM

?Well I guess there is just one thing left to do?. Win the whole ****in thing!?

Lord McBuckethead
10-13-2021, 01:37 PM
I like your sprit.

Like I said the second we lost to Memphis, everything we are playing for is still right in front of us. Even after LSU, beat Bama and you control your own destiny.

Win and let?s see what happens.
Even if we lose to Kentucky, we would have the tie breaker against atm and Bama.

Lord McBuckethead
10-13-2021, 01:38 PM
Imagine winning baseball national championship, the West, and men?s basketball could have a shot too.

OLJWales
10-13-2021, 01:41 PM
Imagine winning baseball national championship, the West, and men?s basketball could have a shot too.

Wool.

TNDawg35
10-13-2021, 01:42 PM

Add In with the numbers Will is putting up and he beats A&M AND Bama, one would think he would get an invite to NY.

Again, this is all hypothetical, cause I think Bama is literally Fixen to hurt our feelings come Sat. Saban is pissed, their players are pissed, and now the SEC will be pissed so we will have 15 holding calls, 12 PI calls, and 4 personal fouls. Not to mention several Delay of games or something…

DownwardDawg
10-13-2021, 02:30 PM

Ok, you're a good poster but just stop it!!! This is too much. I'm supposed to be ill, mad, and in a bad mood right now. Stop trying to change my mood.

ShotgunDawg
10-13-2021, 02:36 PM
We just need worry about playing well. It’s all we can control

Maverick91
10-13-2021, 02:39 PM
Like I said the second we lost to Memphis, everything we are playing for is still right in front of us. Even after LSU, beat Bama and you control your own destiny.

Win and let?s see what happens.
Even if we lose to Kentucky, we would have the tie breaker against atm and Bama.

Imagine the meltdown if we won the west as a two loss SEC team, one of those losses being to Kentucky. boy cheerleaders and southern boy come overs with all be in the ICU.

Maverick91
10-13-2021, 02:40 PM

This is what I am talking about... dream, live a little! More than likely after this weekend we can all go back to be the same ole grumpy State fans that we all love and hate. But, for now, lets dream of what could be :rolleyes::o

Dawg_Lover
10-13-2021, 03:10 PM
Ok, you're a good poster but just stop it!!! This is too much. I'm supposed to be ill, mad, and in a bad mood right now. Stop trying to change my mood.

BTW, how are you doing? Wishing you well!

Dawg_Lover
10-13-2021, 03:14 PM
This is what I am talking about... dream, live a little! More than likely after this weekend we can all go back to be the same ole grumpy State fans that we all love and hate. But, for now, lets dream of what could be :rolleyes::o

And, why not?! It is free, and the odds are better than Powerball .... crossing fingers and eyeballs ....