PDA

View Full Version : Is this the best chance we have had to beat Alabama since 2008?

HancockCountyDog
10-11-2021, 11:20 AM
Obviously the 2014 and 2018 were better teams than this year's team, but so were Saban's teams, and both of those games were on the road.

I'm not saying we should win, I'm just thinking that they are not what we have been used to seeing as far as talent. I don't think Young handles pressure well. Their play calling was bizarre this past weekend.

If we can simply not turn the ball over, don't we have a puncher's chance?

Dawgfan77
10-11-2021, 11:21 AM
No. I do think we play them closer than the sharks did

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2021, 11:29 AM
Good question. Id say our best chance since 2014 for sure. Because this is probably their weakest team in years. But they will have to screw a lot for us to win this year.....give up a special teams TD, Busted coverages, turnover, etc.

However, I believe we were on much more equal footing in 2014 than this year. I think we may have been a little better than them in 2014....we were just to tight to start the game in 2014.

StarkVegasSteve
10-11-2021, 11:32 AM
17 was our best chance. At home and they had lost half their defensive starters. We had all the momentum and Mullen clammed up inside the RZ with a chance to go up 10.

KOdawg1
10-11-2021, 11:35 AM
2017 was our best chance.

OLJWales
10-11-2021, 11:36 AM
17 was our best chance. At home and they had lost half their defensive starters. We had all the momentum and Mullen clammed up inside the RZ with a chance to go up 10.

FK was our best chance?

msstate7
10-11-2021, 11:40 AM
2014 was the best chance. That wasn't a very good bama team by their standards. Unfortunately, dak had a really bad game

R2Dawg
10-11-2021, 12:22 PM
2017 was our best chance.

Yep 17 by a mile. Bama got some calls and we let them out of a hole many times. Bama had no business winning that game that year.

We were better in 14 but Dan chocked.

This is one of Bama's most beatable teams. We are not as good as I'd like but we got a punchers chance. Leach needs to throw a few wrinkles.

R2Dawg
10-11-2021, 12:24 PM
2014 was the best chance. That wasn't a very good bama team by their standards. Unfortunately, dak had a really bad game

Dak had a bad first half. Don't throw one of those int and score and we win. He brought us back in the 2nd.

TNDawg35
10-11-2021, 12:56 PM
I may be in the minority here, but I feel like we are Fixen to get blasted by a pissed off Saban and Bama… I wish I felt different, but that’s just me right now…

OLJWales
10-11-2021, 01:05 PM
I may be in the minority here, but I feel like we are Fixen to get blasted by a pissed off Saban and Bama… I wish I felt different, but that’s just me right now…

despite my confidence in our players and coaches right now, pissed off Satan gives me a worry.

StarkVegasSteve
10-11-2021, 01:11 PM
despite my confidence in our players and coaches right now, pissed off Satan gives me a worry.

We're going to definitely have to weather an early storm. They're going to come out pissed off and try to throw as many haymakers as possible as fast as possible. However, if we can keep it close long enough that doubt and worry will start to set in.

TrapGame
10-11-2021, 01:17 PM

Oh, they gonna come out pissed off but we gotta punch them in the mouth first. We score first or our defense rattles Young for a pick or huge sack and memberberries start going off in some player's minds. This Bama team does not take well to adversity on the road.

Lord McBuckethead
10-11-2021, 02:23 PM
No. Mullen's last year here was our best chance, and the ref allowed their receiver to run out of bounds and come back in to drive down the field and protect Bama. Without that, they are punting and we run out the clock.

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2021, 07:06 PM
It was 2nd down. Just saying.

The 2017 game, I personally never felt we would win. I'd seen to many Bama games. They were a very good team that year. We had been beaten badly twice already. Etc etc.

Bothrops
10-11-2021, 07:09 PM
No

Coach34
10-11-2021, 07:27 PM
2017 was the best chance but we got the bad break on the no-call and then Mullen went soft. You have to go for 4th and 2 in that situation against Bama
2014 we had a chance but it being in T-Town was the difference. That game in Sville we likely win.
2018 would have had a chance had Mullen stayed with that defense. No chance with JoVester

I'll be surprised if its close Saturday. We'll see

lastmajordog
10-11-2021, 07:52 PM

If CL can keep this from happening, and can look formidable against a blood in the eyes Bama/Saban team.....he will make some believers.....JMHO unfortunately I’m in the 34 camp.......

parabrave
10-11-2021, 08:05 PM
No. Mullen's last year here was our best chance, and the ref allowed their receiver to run out of bounds and come back in to drive down the field and protect Bama. Without that, they are punting and we run out the clock.

Remember that ref threw his hat down marking where Ridley went OOB and then forgot about it.

Matt3467
10-11-2021, 08:15 PM
Yep 17 by a mile. Bama got some calls and we let them out of a hole many times. Bama had no business winning that game that year.

We were better in 14 but Dan chocked.

This is one of Bama's most beatable teams. We are not as good as I'd like but we got a punchers chance. Leach needs to throw a few wrinkles.

To be fair Dak didn't play well either

Matt3467
10-11-2021, 08:16 PM
2017 was the best chance but we got the bad break on the no-call and then Mullen went soft. You have to go for 4th and 2 in that situation against Bama
2014 we had a chance but it being in T-Town was the difference. That game in Sville we likely win.
2018 would have had a chance had Mullen stayed with that defense. No chance with JoVester

I'll be surprised if its close Saturday. We'll see

2018 isn't even really fair to pit against Joe. It was us vs Bama and the refs.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-12-2021, 02:22 AM
The question should be "how are we going to beat the refs this year?". Ole Satan has already made the phone calls.

MetEdDawg
10-12-2021, 06:10 AM
Alabama has beaten us by 20 or more 8 out of the last 13 years. So let's not pretend Alabama coming off a loss makes it worse than the last decade plus has already been.

At some point you get tired of getting hit in the mouth and you go out, execute and play football. Forget about the other team. Execute what you know and everything else falls into place.

I'm just so tired of Bama. Just sick of them. They dictate everything that everyone does in college football and I'm just tired of it.

msstate7
10-12-2021, 06:18 AM
Alabama has beaten us by 20 or more 8 out of the last 13 years. So let's not pretend Alabama coming off a loss makes it worse than the last decade plus has already been.

At some point you get tired of getting hit in the mouth and you go out, execute and play football. Forget about the other team. Execute what you know and everything else falls into place.

I'm just so tired of Bama. Just sick of them. They dictate everything that everyone does in college football and I'm just tired of it.

The problem is if the "execute and play football", then we have no shot. They're better, and there's nothing we can do about that

Dawgfan77
10-12-2021, 06:26 AM

No team has beaten us 14 years in a row either... LSU did 13 in a row til 2014. Last time we beat Bama 2007...

Jacknut
10-12-2021, 06:55 AM
Bama will squash us like a grape. Don't set yourself up for a big letdown.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2021, 07:16 AM
I think you'll see a glimpse of why Jimbo is getting paid a lot of money this Saturday, because I think A&M just had a hell of a game plan and Bama will steamroll us.

I'm not so sure Jimbo and his staff had not been prepping for Bama all season up to that point. But who knows, maybe they provided a blue print for us to keep it close

Gypsy_RoadDawg
10-12-2021, 07:35 AM
By halfway through the first quarter, you will know if we have a chance. They usually come out and steam roll us during this period. If we can hold our own during that time it will be close.

TrapGame
10-12-2021, 09:28 AM
By halfway through the first quarter, you will know if we have a chance. They usually come out and steam roll us during this period. If we can hold our own during that time it will be close.

This.

Saban is going to have them playing with a purpose in the first quarter to set the tone. We interrupt that plan with a couple of 3rd down sacks, a couple of long scoring drives on their defense and we will see if this Bama team really does have a problem with playing on the road.

OLJWales
10-12-2021, 09:38 AM

Agree with all that.

Jarius
10-12-2021, 11:18 AM
We have a real chance to beat them this week. People that think pissed of Saban is a real thing that matters one bit in the outcome of the game crack me up. That is something you see on tv that analyst is use to fill time on some sort of show but his level of pissed offness will have zero to do with the game. His team is what it is. Good but not great. We can beat them If we play really good or we can get our asses kicked if we don’t. Bama is nowhere near special this year. We aren’t beat before we step on the field this year like we are most of the time with them.

thf24
10-12-2021, 12:35 PM
As consistent of an optimist as I am, I just don't see it. No matter what you think of our team or what improvements we're making, the talent gap still has us 100% dependent on them to give us chances. And even with Saban possibly starting to decline, I just don't see them playing two bad games in a row at this point.

NCDawg
10-12-2021, 01:28 PM
Remember that ref threw his hat down marking where Ridley went OOB and then forgot about it.

Think they said that our DB forced him OOB. You could see on the replay that our DB got faked out and didn't touch him to force him OOB. Very crucial play that Mullen didn't contest.

NCDawg
10-12-2021, 01:30 PM
As consistent of an optimist as I am, I just don't see it. No matter what you think of our team or what improvements we're making, the talent gap still has us 100% dependent on them to give us chances. And even with Saban possibly starting to decline, I just don't see them playing two bad games in a row at this point.

Not sure our DB's have enough speed to keep up with their W/R's. I'm afraid we are going to get burned with some bombs.

maroonmania
10-12-2021, 05:26 PM
I may be in the minority here, but I feel like we are Fixen to get blasted by a pissed off Saban and Bama? I wish I felt different, but that?s just me right now?

^^ This. Our odds would have been much better if they hadn't lost to TA&M. Saban has their full attention this week.

Jarius
10-12-2021, 07:14 PM
^^ This. Our odds would have been much better if they hadn't lost to TA&M. Saban has their full attention this week.

What was their excuse for almost Losing to a slightly above average Florida team? They are what they are and you guys just keep looking at the logo on their helmet. They have looked pretty ordinary in their last 2 road games against opponents that aren’t anything special in this conference. It’s time to consider that maybe they just aren’t as good as they were supposed to be and no amount of Saban throwing bitch fits is going to make them any better.

DeltaSwamp
10-12-2021, 07:34 PM
Puncher's chance yes. Have to win the turnover margin by 2+

lastmajordog
10-12-2021, 07:37 PM
What was their excuse for almost Losing to a slightly above average Florida team? They are what they are and you guys just keep looking at the logo on their helmet. They have looked pretty ordinary in their last 2 road games against opponents that aren’t anything special in this conference. It’s time to consider that maybe they just aren’t as good as they were supposed to be and no amount of Saban throwing bitch fits is going to make them any better.

JMHO....to hold om to 0 points till garbage time.....very impressive. I stilll think om has a real shot at finishing second in the west.......hope I’m wrong. But they seem able to outscore almost everyone....

Jarius
10-12-2021, 07:43 PM
JMHO....to hold om to 0 points till garbage time.....very impressive. I stilll think om has a real shot at finishing second in the west.......hope I’m wrong. But they seem able to outscore almost everyone....

If Bama gets pressure with bringing just 3 or 4 then we will get skull drug. If they can’t get pressure that way then our game will be close in the 4th quarter. We should know in the first drive Or 2 how it will play out.

lastmajordog
10-12-2021, 07:46 PM
2017 was our best chance. IMO...17 was YUGE....Mullen gonna Mullen. But 14 was also VERY winnable....but Mullen the first 3 quarters ?Mullened?. But JOEMO?s first year the defense held Bama to half of their scoring average. It was so impressive Clemson saw and used same scheme to beat them in national championship according to a national article. But not to whine, people talk about LSU officiating but I?ve watched many many years......way more bad, game changing calls in Bama games.

lastmajordog
10-12-2021, 07:54 PM
del

lastmajordog
10-12-2021, 08:00 PM
del