PDA

View Full Version : Mullen

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 10:44 AM
One of the reasons I wanted to withhold final judgement on Dan until after the Arkansas game, is because I knew we could learn a lot from A&M and Bama.

Would the team quit on Dan?
Would we continue to only play 2-3 quarters?
Would we get blown out by both teams?
Etc..

Well, even though we lost them both, and I hate moral victories, Dan passed those tests. Our offense kept pace wi one of the best offenses in the country last weekend, and our defense kept pace with the best defense in the country last night. I thought when we outplayed statistically South Carolina, that it was a flash in the pan...but it wasn't. As crazy as it seems, we have actually improved since the shit show against Kentucky. That is very encouraging to me. These last 2'games is the best we have played upper echelon teams since early in Dan's career. I was expecting 20-30 point losses in these last two, but our team stepped up. And you have to at least give some credit to Dan for that.

Am I saying that Mullen deserves an extension? No way. But if he wins these next two, he should remain our coach. I wanted to see us compete with A&M and Bama, and beat Ark and ole miss. We've done the first two, now we need to finish the deal.

And I don't think there is anybody out there that can say we should not expect to beat Arkansas and ole miss after what we've seen the last few weeks. In fact, if we beat Ark and Mizzou beats OM, I think we may even be favored in that game at home. Need to win these last two, and can't afford a let down game at Arkansas with a bowl on the line. Get it done, Danno

HoopsDawg
11-17-2013, 10:48 AM
I actually thought the team was on the verge of quitting on Mullen after the SC game. But it appears he still has the locker room.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 10:51 AM
I actually thought the team was on the verge of quitting on Mullen after the SC game. But it appears he still has the locker room.

Yep, I have been leaning towards us getting rid of Mullen, in anticipation of this team quitting on him. But they haven't. That says something.

I've never said fire until the season is over, but I've seen the 4-8/5-7 writing on the wall for some time. Looks like things may be turning around though. If we get the effort of the last two weeks against Arkansas and OM we should win. And to be honest....I really hope we win them, because I don't want to have a coaching change. I thought we needed one, but maybe not. Doesn't sound like it would happen even if we went 4-8'anyway....but I don't see that happening.

But then again, we could just as easily come out and drop a turd against Arkansas, and everything we have done well lately, would be washed away with a loss like that.

bulldawg28
11-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Chicken little wake up

I seen it dawg
11-17-2013, 11:03 AM
Kill this thing before the storm starts. Let it go for a couple of more weeks guys.