PDA

View Full Version : Oh, look, we're second in the SEC West!

SailingDawg
10-09-2021, 08:37 PM
For now (https://www.secsports.com/standings/football)

BiscuitEater
10-09-2021, 11:10 PM
For now (https://www.secsports.com/standings/football)

Tied with Bama

basedog
10-10-2021, 07:54 AM
I will say it now, IF the Pirate beats Bama Saturday, I'm all on board*** LOL

If ever there was a time to have the Bulldog nation come together it will be Saturday fo sho!

msstate7
10-10-2021, 07:58 AM
I will say it now, IF the Pirate beats Bama Saturday, I'm all on board*** LOL

If ever there was a time to have the Bulldog nation come together it will be Saturday fo sho!

I don't think he even has to beat saban, just be in the game. This is gonna be a really tough game with bama coming off a loss

basedog
10-10-2021, 08:19 AM
I don't think he even has to beat saban, just be in the game. This is gonna be a really tough game with bama coming off a loss

So we are suppose to be happy or satisfied for playing them close? LOL. I will say I had Bama ranked way to high! The Sec is the most balanced I have ever seen in my lifetime, kinda weird.

I don't think we will beat Bama but........anything can happen this year.

OLJWales
10-10-2021, 08:23 AM

Dats whut worries me. Knowing Satan's mentality, The SOB is super pissed off right now.

msstate7
10-10-2021, 08:27 AM
So we are suppose to be happy or satisfied for playing them close? LOL. I will say I had Bama ranked way to high! The Sec is the most balanced I have ever seen in my lifetime, kinda weird.

If the only acceptable outcome this week to you is winning, you might wanna grab plenty of beer

Todd4State
10-10-2021, 08:38 AM

It was fairly balanced in the late 1990's to me anyway. We didn't have to play Tennessee and Florida every year though.

basedog
10-10-2021, 09:50 AM
If the only acceptable outcome this week to you is winning, you might wanna grab plenty of beer

I just don't see us covering 21 7, let me add I could be wrong. I just see Rogers scrambling for his life a lot.

Jarius
10-10-2021, 12:33 PM
I just don't see us covering 21 7, let me add I could be wrong. I just see Rogers scrambling for his life a lot.

A&M’s offensive line whipped Bama’s DL’s ass. Our OL is a lot better than A&M’s and Will Rogers has been able to eat thanksgiving dinner waiting on guys to get open the past 3 games. The evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of Will having plenty of time to throw this Saturday.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2021, 12:36 PM
A&M’s offensive line whipped Bama’s DL’s ass. Our OL is a lot better than A&M’s and Will Rogers has been able to eat thanksgiving dinner waiting on guys to get open the past 3 games. The evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of Will having plenty of time to throw this Saturday.

I agree with this. It’s the RZ offense and giving up big plays on defense that I’m worried about.

We need to control the ball

Todd4State
10-10-2021, 01:01 PM
I agree with this. It’s the RZ offense and giving up big plays on defense that I’m worried about.

We need to control the ball

We're at 85% in red zone scoring this year. That's good for 9th in the SEC but for context that's better than Ole Miss.

We are 7th in the SEC in red zone TD percentage at 66%. Tied with Alabama.

We've only failed to score at all in the red zone three times all year. We're not that bad in the red zone and are about league average.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2021, 01:13 PM
We're at 85% in red zone scoring this year. That's good for 9th in the SEC but for context that's better than Ole Miss.

We are 7th in the SEC in red zone TD percentage at 66%. Tied with Alabama.

We've only failed to score at all in the red zone three times all year. We're not that bad in the red zone and are about league average.

Correct but OM scores from outside the RZ often. They’re not as reliant

Coach34
10-10-2021, 02:40 PM
Correct but OM scores from outside the RZ often. They’re not as reliant

Our problem with The Airbone offense is the lack of explosive plays.

12th in the SEC on 10+ yards
13th in the SEC on 20+ yards
Last in the SEC on 30+ vards

As bad as Vandy's offense is- 20+ and 30+ plays combined- State 26, Vandy 22

defiantdog
10-10-2021, 02:58 PM

The only real advantage we have is that Bama plays a lot of man on the outside.

BrunswickDawg
10-10-2021, 03:12 PM

Not saying your wrong - but the rankings improve some against SEC only - to 9th, 11th, and last. And the Vandy ratio changes to 8 to 2.
Lots of teams have padded stats at this point in the season from OOC games.

Coach34
10-10-2021, 03:48 PM
Not saying your wrong - but the rankings improve some against SEC only - to 9th, 11th, and last. And the Vandy ratio changes to 8 to 2.
Lots of teams have padded stats at this point in the season from OOC games.

Still early in SEC play but we throw it more than any other team in the SEC does also