PDA

View Full Version : Men's basketball

NCMSTFAN
10-09-2021, 07:00 PM
Our Men's team had a closed scrimmage against TCU today. Anyone know the results and stats? They usually get leaked.

I know we don't talk alot about basketball around here but currently Rocket Watts and Tolu Smith are out due to injury. They are both expected back around mid November.. so they may miss a few games. Freshman Keyshawn Murphy is out also but there is no timetable for his return. Luckily we have experienced depth this season Molinar is said to be looking NBA ready according to alot of people including George Brooks, he is also in some NBA mock drafts. Shakeel Moore is looking good and shooting well, Garrison, Jeffries, Matthews, Javian and Fountain are all looking good as well according to reports, we also have our Freshman Cam Carter and Applewhite coming on strong if we need them. We have a chance to be really good. Especially if we can stay healthy

msstate7
10-09-2021, 07:01 PM
What's the best guess starting 5?

BiscuitEater
10-09-2021, 07:17 PM
HailState, MSU Sports app, doesn't even be have a current roster on it!

Disgraceful! How can you say 'you're serious' about a sport when the roster is a year out of date!

Coach34
10-09-2021, 07:21 PM
What's the best guess starting 5?

Molinar at PG
The 2 transfers will be the 3 and 4. Smith will play the 5

msstate7
10-09-2021, 07:23 PM
Molinar at PG

Rocket at 2?

captaindog
10-09-2021, 07:28 PM
Rocket at 2?
Most likely Moore. When Rocket is healthy I?m sure he will push for it. Regardless both will play starter minutes.

BeardoMSU
10-09-2021, 07:29 PM
Molinar at PG

Gonna be a good year.

Coach34
10-09-2021, 07:36 PM
Gonna be a good year.

Totally agree. This team is Sweet 16 caliber.

Lord McBuckethead
10-09-2021, 07:39 PM
On Paper yes they are. Now they have to put in the work and start winning games. No more of this dropping BS games at home to teams we should control from tip to final buzzer.

BeardoMSU
10-09-2021, 07:39 PM
Totally agree. This team is Sweet 16 caliber.

Word.

NCMSTFAN
10-09-2021, 07:51 PM
The early starters with the injuries will probably be:

Molinar
S. Moore
DJ Jeffries
Fountain
G. Brooks

Thats just my opionion. Matthews may very well start also. The bench will have Javian Davis, Matthews and the Freshman..

Once we are Healthy:

Molinar
Watts
DJ Jeffries
Tolu
Brooks

This lineup may be the best complet lineup Howland has had. Plus a really good bench

NCMSTFAN
10-09-2021, 07:53 PM
HailState, MSU Sports app, doesn't even be have a current roster on it!

Disgraceful! How can you say 'you're serious' about a sport when the roster is a year out of date!

I saw that earlier today. Why are we pretty much the only team in the country without a current basketball roster on our official page?

calidawg
10-09-2021, 07:54 PM
On Paper yes they are. Now they have to put in the work and start winning games. No more of this dropping BS games at home to teams we should control from tip to final buzzer.

Don't have much faith in Howland. I expect us to squeak in the tourney and then it's a toss up after that.

Coach34
10-09-2021, 08:37 PM
Don't have much faith in Howland. I expect us to squeak in the tourney and then it's a toss up after that.

This is the best team Howland has had at State. It’s not even close

calidawg
10-09-2021, 08:52 PM
This is the best team Howland has had at State. It?s not even close

Not even close? We had perry, Weatherspoon, Woodard and he couldn't do anything with it. 2 five stars and a high 4 star and Howland didn't do squat. Good luck with those sweet 16 expectations. As I mentioned we'll be lucky to squeak in the tourney

Leeshouldveflanked
10-09-2021, 08:56 PM
Meh, Howland gonna Howland.

R2Dawg
10-10-2021, 01:52 PM
This is the best team Howland has had at State. It’s not even close

Agree with this. I am pumped about this year. Sweet 16 is floor.

OLJWales
10-10-2021, 01:58 PM
Not even close? We had perry, Weatherspoon, Woodard and he couldn't do anything with it. 2 five stars and a high 4 star and Howland didn't do squat. Good luck with those sweet 16 expectations. As I mentioned we'll be lucky to squeak in the tourney

Any thoughts of hurting yourself or others recently?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-10-2021, 02:32 PM

That team was a 5 seed. You can be disappointed they were upset in the tourney but the team lived up to expectations.

NCMSTFAN
10-10-2021, 04:28 PM
That team was a 5 seed. You can be disappointed they were upset in the tourney but the team lived up to expectations.

I Agree but that team didn't have the quality depth that this one has. If everyone is healthy we don't have alot of weaknesses with this group. We have size, athleticism, leadership, experience and outright talent. I'm not sure about our shooting but Howland mentioned Shakeel is shooting it well, and Garrison Brooks is also. Molinar also has a good shot.

captaindog
10-11-2021, 09:08 AM

I see your point. However this team has a lot of talent and experience. The team you referenced did not have the across the board experience. Further this team has several alphas on it. Molinar, Jeffries, and Brooks are all assassins.

Ari Gold
10-11-2021, 09:11 PM

But but but ......

Ari Gold
10-11-2021, 09:12 PM
Molinar will be back and forth between the 1 and 2