PDA

View Full Version : If John Cohen were to get kicked-

Dak Holliday
10-08-2021, 11:44 PM
I?d say we go hard after the AD at Coastal Carolina. He has them a NC in baseball and very relevant in football in about a 5 year span. Before the baseball NC, I had never even heard of The Chanticleers, but it?s obvious that he knows how to build an entire athletic program and I can?t imagine that we wouldn?t be a huge step up for him. Unfortunately, JC will hang around and we won?t have a chance at him.

Todd4State
10-08-2021, 11:48 PM
I'm 99% sure our next AD will be Jared Benko or Scott Weathersbee. Just based on how I know MSU politics works.

They did win a National Championship in baseball but they were a bit of a "that's baseball" anomaly. I also saw today that their football schedule ranked 130th in the country in difficulty.

Dak Holliday
10-08-2021, 11:58 PM
They finished top 25 last year in football and should repeat this year. Anomaly or not, they have just as many NC as we do and you literally just discounted our NC by your comment. I?d say that for their resources, they?re being more optimally run than we are.

DownwardDawg
10-09-2021, 12:29 AM
Time to bring the Ninja back. Unless he just enjoys winning National championships too much. Lol

ShotgunDawg
10-09-2021, 12:47 AM
They finished top 25 last year in football and should repeat this year. Anomaly or not, they have just as many NC as we do and you literally just discounted our NC by your comment. I?d say that for their resources, they?re being more optimally run than we are.

Eh bad take. Not the same thing in the SEC

OLJWales
10-09-2021, 07:09 AM
Didn't know IB was on hotseat

Dawgbite
10-09-2021, 07:11 AM
Didn't know IB was on hotseat

Have you not tried the pretzels in the stadium?

Dak Holliday
10-09-2021, 07:28 AM
Eh bad take. Not the same thing in the SEC

As we have a record of pulling sitting ADs dominating the SEC, I guess a guy proving himself elsewhere isn?t as good as promoting Larry?s cousin from within. My bad on admiring what one has accomplished with less in a small period of time. Funny thing is that lots of people outside of MS know Coastal Carolina, but if they see MSU, they 99.8 % of the time think Michigan State.

Todd4State
10-09-2021, 07:34 AM

We're not an anomaly because we are a national brand in baseball and have been to Omaha 3 times in a row and have been in a Super Regional every year since 2016. Check the Coastal Carolina baseball resume since 2017 and get back to me.

OLJWales
10-09-2021, 07:49 AM
We're not an anomaly because we are a national brand in baseball and have been to Omaha 3 times in a row and have been in a Super Regional every year since 2016. Check the Coastal Carolina baseball resume since 2017 and get back to me.

Yep

confucius say
10-09-2021, 08:05 AM

Correct. Honestly, the anomaly was that we had not won one before now given that we've been there 11-12 times. I think Fl st is the only school that has been there more and not won one.

TNDawg35
10-09-2021, 08:11 AM

We are the gosh damn PATERFAMILIAS!!!!

Rick Danko
10-09-2021, 08:36 AM
OP dumb as shit

PGHBulldogBG
10-09-2021, 09:30 AM
I actually agree with the OP that Coastal Carolina has a great AD, but their national title in baseball was a one year wonder. You can?t compare that to State playing in the SEC and going to Omaha 3 years in a row. I would be all in to hire him if Cohen ever leaves or gets fired, but that?s not how things work at State and Cohen is no where close to being fired

OLJWales
10-09-2021, 09:36 AM
Have you not tried the pretzels in the stadium?

And cups of Ass too! Fire him!

Dak Holliday
10-09-2021, 09:51 AM
OP dumb as shit

😂 anyone can get ONE baseball NC, that?s how they got theirs, but we have the same number and it?s because we are a powerhouse national brand. 👍🏼 got it. Thanks.

OLJWales
10-09-2021, 10:12 AM
�� anyone can get ONE baseball NC, that?s how they got theirs, but we have the same number and it?s because we are a powerhouse national brand. ���� got it. Thanks.

WTF?

Dak Holliday
10-09-2021, 10:21 AM
It?s just me being an ass. 😂 we are a national brand in baseball, but you can not discount any NCs without discounting them all to a degree. Also I think it?s funny to discount an AD from a school no one had ever heard of for bringing them to a degree of national prominence the last 5-6 years in 2 major sports. Seems rooted in insecurity, an attribute that I hope we can soon get past in our fanbase.

Dak Holliday
10-09-2021, 10:37 AM
We are the gosh damn PATERFAMILIAS!!!!

Like button 👆🏼

Santiago
10-09-2021, 10:43 AM
I'm 99% sure our next AD will be Jared Benko or Scott Weathersbee. Just based on how I know MSU politics works.

They did win a National Championship in baseball but they were a bit of a "that's baseball" anomaly. I also saw today that their football schedule ranked 130th in the country in difficulty.

Jared Benko is doing well at Georgia Southern, and the alums there really like him. They want to hold on to him. He fired his coach in week 4. Seemed some lack of discipline on the team (player shotgunning a beer riding on top of the team bus riding to the stadium). So we get to see him in a coach selection process this year. Keep an eye on how he does in that.

Dak Holliday
10-09-2021, 10:51 AM
Agree. Like button 👆🏼