PDA

View Full Version : Dawgs To A Bowl?

PapaDawg
10-06-2021, 01:55 PM
First post by a newbie! Probably too early to guess, but if Vandy is a W and TN is a "could be", where does win 6 come from? Obviously I hope we knock OM's dick in the dirt, but they're scary this year so I'd like to hear what yall have to say.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 01:58 PM
We don't play TN we play TSU. We don't know if OM is scary yet or not. We know they have a good offense. That's all we know right now.

Captain Falcon
10-06-2021, 02:05 PM
Every game but Bama is winnable, although 3-4 of those games are toss-ups at best. That said, I like our chances of winning the two we absolutely have no business losing and then winning at least one toss up somewhere.

PapaDawg
10-06-2021, 02:08 PM
Oops! That was a typo on my part!

Tbonewannabe
10-06-2021, 02:44 PM
So we should beat Vandy and TN State which gets us to 5. Therefore we need one win out of:

Bama - it would take a extreme bout of stomach flu and Bama only having their 4th string to play Ironman football

UK - at home when we are honoring the National Championship baseball team. The crowd should be pumped unless the SEC 17s us and gives us a 11 am game. UK has a good defense but not better than A&M who we just beat. UK offense isn't that great. They beat UF but also struggled to beat UT Chattanooga. This is a toss up at home.

Ark - at Ark. Our defense actually matches up well with their offense. We will see what Ark has in the tank in November. I think this is maybe 40% chance to win.

AU - at AU. Played a pretty good game at Penn State but otherwise doesn't really look better than us. I think this is a toss up.

Ole Miss - at home. Pretty much is almost always a toss up. As bad as we were last year, we were a fumble at the 1 yard line away from winning in Oxford. This is at home but just based on history still just a toss up.

I like our chances of getting at least one win out of those remaining winnable games. I would be very happy with 2 out of 4 even though we should have two winnable home games. I could see us winning a road game then dropping a home game.

PikeDawg15
10-06-2021, 02:55 PM
we will beat both Vanderbilt and Tennessee State.
That leaves 1 win to get to a bowl

I have a feeling that Kentucky is not as good as people think. I think Kentucky is 2012 " we believe" Mississippi state is about to get humbled against Georgia in 2 weeks. We have them in starkville so I think we win that game

At Arkansas is gonna be tough. Arkansas is a very experienced team and if it is a night game, it will be VERY tough. I see that as a loss

At auburn is always hard. winning in jordan hare is always impressive. I see this as a loss

Home against ole miss. I think this will come down to the very end. Night game in starkville. Crowd is gonna be LOUD. Ole miss could possibility come into this game with 9 or 10 wins total on the season and that's because their schedule is easy, we will learn a lot from ole miss when they play Arkansas. I could see this game going either way.

I think we are gonna end up 6-6. There is a possibility of 7-5. Next looks even worse than this year because we have Georgia coming to starkville and traveling to Kentucky.

sleepy dawg
10-06-2021, 03:13 PM
We have a better shot at winning 7 games then we do only winning 5. We are more than likely going bowling. As others pointed out, we have 2 near guaranteed wins and 1, very likely loss. We have 4 other games, none of which are teams that look great. It's highly unlikely that we would lose to all 4 of those teams who are at best slightly better than us.

Saltydog
10-06-2021, 03:19 PM
There's a ton of football to be played but I saw USA today's bowl projections earlier this week. They have us playing in the Gator Bowl against Notre Dame. I'd take that in a heartbeat. 6 wins won't get you the Gator. 7, maybe depending on the rest of the tie ins. Hell, we may not even get to 6 wins. Auburn and Upig on the road are likely losses. That leaves UK and UM. Those are toss ups.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 03:22 PM
There's a ton of football to be played but I saw USA today's bowl projections earlier this week. They have us playing in the Gator Bowl against Notre Dame. I'd take that in a heartbeat. 6 wins won't get you the Gator. 7, maybe depending on the rest of the tie ins. Hell, we may not even get to 6 wins. Auburn and Upig on the road are likely losses. That leaves UK and UM. Those are toss ups.

I don't think we know enough about us, Ark, Auburn, KY, or OM to say any game is a likely loss or win yet.

Tbonewannabe
10-06-2021, 04:05 PM
I don't think we know enough about us, Ark, Auburn, KY, or OM to say any game is a likely loss or win yet.

I would say right now that they are toss ups.

Saltydog
10-06-2021, 04:15 PM
For State fans they are toss ups but for the vast majority of the CFB world we would be underdogs in all 4 of those games.

MoreCowbell
10-06-2021, 04:38 PM
First post by a newbie! Probably too early to guess, but if Vandy is a W and TN is a "could be", where does win 6 come from? Obviously I hope we knock OM's dick in the dirt, but they're scary this year so I'd like to hear what yall have to say.

I think we beat UK, Tenn State and at least 1 between Arkansas or Ole Miss

MoreCowbell
10-06-2021, 04:44 PM
I think we are going to kick ourselves at the end of the year over the Memphis and LSU losses. I almost despise losing to teams we should beat(Memphis) more than I enjoy beating a team like A&M.

Coach34
10-06-2021, 05:13 PM
Kentucky just looks to be a better football team than A&M. Being at home helps in this game. Through the years- teams have struggled to cover the Spread the week AFTER playing Bama. Look for a low spread/pick'em line for this one. Kentucky also has 2 weeks to get ready for us

At Auburn? Dont get your hopes up here.

At UPig in November? Never know here. Weather could be anything from a moderate sunny day to a rainy, cold trip to Hell. UPig also gets 2 weeks to get ready for us- Def Toss-up

Mississippi? Toss-up

We'll have 4 shots at 6 wins. Dont be surprised if it comes down to the last one

BeardoMSU
10-06-2021, 06:16 PM
We'll have 4 shots at 6 wins. Dont be surprised if it comes down to the last one

Which should be a must win for Mike, regardless. His history of not prioritizing rivalry games needs revision.

BuckyIsAB****
10-06-2021, 06:42 PM
You can guarantee it will be colder than a well diggers ass at Arky in Nov

msstate7
10-06-2021, 06:52 PM
We'll get 6 wins. Kentucky is the most likely one, so need to take care of business at home

OLJWales
10-06-2021, 07:04 PM
Kentucky just looks to be a better football team than A&M. Being at home helps in this game. Through the years- teams have struggled to cover the Spread the week AFTER playing Bama. Look for a low spread/pick'em line for this one. Kentucky also has 2 weeks to get ready for us

At UPig in November? Never know here. Weather could be anything from a moderate sunny day to a rainy, cold trip to Hell. UPig also gets 2 weeks to get ready for us- Def Toss-up

Mississippi? Toss-up

You've already said emphatically post season was off limits before the NC State game. So, with ALL due respect, you should consider STFU wicho backtracking ass.

Coach34
10-06-2021, 07:06 PM
Which should be a must win for Mike, regardless. His history of not prioritizing rivalry games needs revision.

agree, 6-6 isnt going to get too many excited with a loss in Game 12. 5-7 with a loss in Game 12 would make for long shitty offseason.

Coach34
10-06-2021, 07:07 PM
You've already said emphatically post season was off limits before the NC State game. So, with ALL due respect, you should consider STFU.

lmao- and 5-7 would still not surprise at this point. I said what I said. A&M with Calzone at QB is not as good as those 4 teams

Coach34
10-06-2021, 07:07 PM

more than likely

BogeyGolfer
10-06-2021, 07:18 PM
Teams in the SEC right now? Arkansas can?t score, but they have a solid D. Mullen/ Florida played terrible at UK and still had every opportunity to win that game ? We will beat UK at home , we won?t win at Auburn and Arkansas is a toss up? The EGG Bowl will determine if we are 6-6 or 7- most likely ?

lastmajordog
10-06-2021, 07:45 PM

"Colder than a pawn brokers heart....." The Great One

msudawg1200
10-06-2021, 08:00 PM

Mississippi? Toss-up

We play Vandy the week after Bama not Kentucky.

Coach34
10-06-2021, 08:08 PM
We play Vandy the week after Bama not Kentucky.

rtgdf

Had them flipped in my head. Thanks

Homedawg
10-06-2021, 08:34 PM
we will beat both Vanderbilt and Tennessee State.
That leaves 1 win to get to a bowl

I have a feeling that Kentucky is not as good as people think. I think Kentucky is 2012 " we believe" Mississippi state is about to get humbled against Georgia in 2 weeks. We have them in starkville so I think we win that game

At Arkansas is gonna be tough. Arkansas is a very experienced team and if it is a night game, it will be VERY tough. I see that as a loss

At auburn is always hard. winning in jordan hare is always impressive. I see this as a loss

Home against ole miss. I think this will come down to the very end. Night game in starkville. Crowd is gonna be LOUD. Ole miss could possibility come into this game with 9 or 10 wins total on the season and that's because their schedule is easy, we will learn a lot from ole miss when they play Arkansas. I could see this game going either way.

I think we are gonna end up 6-6. There is a possibility of 7-5. Next looks even worse than this year because we have Georgia coming to starkville and traveling to Kentucky.
Ky is decent. But don't let the fla win fool you. They were dominated in that game. 212 yards total offense. Had a blocked fg for a td that was a ten point swing and fla had 15 penalties for 100+ yards. I get it, that counts as a win and a big one but fla would win that game 95 times out of a 100. But they only play once. Ky at home is a game you have to win.

Coach34
10-06-2021, 08:39 PM
Ky is decent. But don't tort the fla win fool you. They were dominated in that game. 212 yards total offense. Had a blocked fg for a td that was a ten point swing and fla had 15 penalties for 100+ yards. I get it, that counts as a win and a big one but fla would win that game 95 times out of a 100. But they only play once. Ky at home is a game you have to win.

I'm curious to see Kentucky/LSU play out. That will tell us a little more. I think Kentucky wins again this week. Fla win gives them confidence- LSU loss at home has them questioning and now they are traveling. Kentucky fans made that stadium a tough place to play.

But agree completely- Kentucky is a must-win at home

Jack Lambert
10-06-2021, 09:13 PM
If they play like they did Saturday or better every game I suspect we will have at least 7 wins.

Jack Lambert
10-06-2021, 09:14 PM
Teams in the SEC right now? Arkansas can?t score, but they have a solid D. Mullen/ Florida played terrible at UK and still had every opportunity to win that game ? We will beat UK at home , we won?t win at Auburn and Arkansas is a toss up? The EGG Bowl will determine if we are 6-6 or 7- most likely ?

I think Auburn and LSU are about the same caliber and both worse than A&M. We beat Auburn if State plays like they did this past Saturday or better. Now we can't beat the refs. I only hope they call fair game. I think LSU clips KY this weekend. KY is average because of their offense. They are really lucky and that luck is going to run out this weekend.

Dak Holliday
10-06-2021, 09:24 PM
If we can?t find a single win vs OM,UK, Aubbie, or Arky, we are in worse shape than I had realized. I figured we would be struggling to make the post season before TAMU, but with a little luck and some actual execution getting us a win in CS, I feel like 6-6 is extremely reasonable, if not the expectation at this point.

confucius say
10-06-2021, 09:25 PM
If we play mostly clean like we did vs nc state and Aggie we will beat KY.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2021, 09:54 PM
Ky is decent. But don't let the fla win fool you. They were dominated in that game. 212 yards total offense. Had a blocked fg for a td that was a ten point swing and fla had 15 penalties for 100+ yards. I get it, that counts as a win and a big one but fla would win that game 95 times out of a 100. But they only play once. Ky at home is a game you have to win.

Yes, this.

coachkmb14
10-07-2021, 07:31 AM
All very true. If we execute our plan and stay healthy, we could win up to 9 games. I would expect 7-8 wins. I am not sold on Arky, Auburn or Ole Miss. I feel relatively comfortable we win 3 more for sure. Again I reiterate, we have to execute our game plan without mistakes and remain healthy.

sleepy dawg
10-07-2021, 07:46 AM
If we can?t find a single win vs OM,UK, Aubbie, or Arky, we are in worse shape than I had realized. I figured we would be struggling to make the post season before TAMU, but with a little luck and some actual execution getting us a win in CS, I feel like 6-6 is extremely reasonable, if not the expectation at this point.

I agree. I was always going to be disappointed with less than 6, even though it was looking like it was starting to look like it a couple of weeks ago. At this point though, it's not only reasonable, it seems highly likely. Even if we are slight underdogs in those 4 games. If you have a 35% chance in all of them, you'd expect to get 1 of those. I expect us to have better odds than that though in at least a couple. We might even be favored against Kentucky.

Kylesandi338
10-07-2021, 08:51 AM
I think after BAMA we go on a roll!! I believe we will lose to BAMA and end the year on a good note. I predict we win out after we receive a beat down from BAMA. Our team is growing every game and its about to come together. Leach haters will become LEACH believers.

dawgman15
10-07-2021, 08:54 AM
When will the new thread starting function be fixed. These threads are becoming stale

confucius say
10-07-2021, 11:14 AM
When will the new thread starting function be fixed. These threads are becoming stale

Agree. I need one about how Rogers is the highest rated qb in the sec per PFF

dawgman15
10-07-2021, 12:43 PM

Yes, those types of posts become very entertaining

FISHDAWG
10-07-2021, 12:48 PM
Where's the Kool-aid ? I feel left out because I'm far from convinced

msstate7
10-07-2021, 12:58 PM

That's really impressive. I would like to see their reasoning.

Sec ranks...
Passer rating - 6th
Qbr - 6th
Comp % - 1st
Yds/att - 9th
TDs - 3rd

Some ranks in conf I'd be interested in are yds/comp, TDs per att, and int per att. I'd guess he does poorly in the former two, but exceptional in that latter.

The improvement from game 1 has been impressive. Rogers big test to me is Kentucky.

Captain Falcon
10-07-2021, 01:25 PM
Kentucky's style of play shows that they have the ability to win ugly but also makes them beatable by just about anyone. Beating Florida is a legitimately good win, but they didn't look tremendous in that game and they also have really ugly wins against Mizzou, Chattanooga, and South Carolina, all who look like bad football teams right now. Once again I don't think they are very good at QB, but they run the ball well and play good defense. If we were playing in Lexington I would not love our chances, but in Starkville I absolutely feel like that is a game we should expect to win. The day Kentucky becomes a game we are losing more often than not, we have serious issues given that the West is already a gauntlet every year.

The Egg Bowl is winnable at home. It just is, and pretty much always will be, unless you have a 2003 type situation where they have one of their best teams in the modern era and we are a steaming pile of trash. This year the teams appear to be relatively similar in quality.

We will probably lose at least one game between Arkansas and Auburn, but I could see us stealing a road W in one of them as well. You're still talking about two teams that are run heavy and inconsistent at best in the passing game.