PDA

View Full Version : Who does lsu hire after they fire Coach O

PikeDawg15
10-05-2021, 11:05 PM
We all know that coach O is getting fired this season. The rest of there schedule is absolutely brutal and they may possibly go 7-5 or even worse. I?ve seen a lot of names thrown out there like kiffin, meyer, luke fickell , pj fleck, etc. I could realistically see mark stoops taking the Lsu job. He?s done an excellent job at kentucky. I also wonder if Kiffin does leave ole miss , who does ole miss hire?

IMissJack
10-05-2021, 11:11 PM
We all know that coach O is getting fired this season. The rest of there schedule is absolutely brutal and they may possibly go 7-5 or even worse. I?ve seen a lot of names thrown out there like kiffin, meyer, luke fickell , pj fleck, etc. I could realistically see mark stoops taking the Lsu job. He?s done an excellent job at kentucky. I also wonder if Kiffin does leave ole miss , who does ole miss hire?

Napier to somewhere?

parabrave
10-06-2021, 12:56 AM
I think Urban will fit in there nicely.

MetEdDawg
10-06-2021, 05:10 AM
First call is Eric Bieniemy. He was born in New Orleans and there's been rumor he would come to college. There seems to be mutual interest between him and USC so LSU might call.

Next you call Joe Brady and see if he wants to come back as head coach. He's 32 but that dude can coach an offense up. He's worth taking a risk on.

Then you look at Napier and offer him a lot of money if those other 2 turn you down.

PGHBulldogBG
10-06-2021, 06:45 AM
I could see them going with Napier but who knows if he would accept it. He turned down Auburn so I?m thinking he is waiting for Clemson. I don?t really think Napier is all that so I kind of hope LSU hires him because I see a lot of 7-5 and 8-4 seasons there if they hire him

trob115
10-06-2021, 08:06 AM
Napier is my guess. After that, I would put Neal Brown as the favorite.

Saltydog
10-06-2021, 08:07 AM
Kiffin will be the first call. They're going to want to make a splash hire this time. Napier isn't going to excite their fan base and neither will his style of football.

TrapGame
10-06-2021, 08:20 AM
Urban.

At this point LSU don't GAF and will hire Urban. Their relevancy is dwindling fast.

PikeDawg15
10-06-2021, 08:27 AM
Urban.

At this point LSU don't GAF and will hire Urban. Their relevancy is dwindling fast.

I have been reading their message boards over at " TigerDroppings" and those guys HATE the potential of urban very much from what I am seeing. They think the pressure of going up against Alabama will force him to retire again after only 2 or 3 seasons. Lane Kiffin is 50/50 on their message board. One side thinks he will lead them past Alabama and the other thinks he will leave their program destroyed.

BeardoMSU
10-06-2021, 08:27 AM
Kiffin will be the first call. They're going to want to make a splash hire this time. Napier isn't going to excite their fan base and neither will his style of football.

This.

TrapGame
10-06-2021, 08:29 AM
I have been reading their message boards over at " TigerDroppings" and those guys HATE the potential of urban very much from what I am seeing. They think the pressure of going up against Alabama will force him to retire again after only 2 or 3 seasons. Lane Kiffin is 50/50 on their message board. One side thinks he will lead them past Alabama and the other thinks he will leave their program destroyed.

If Lane leaves for BR all of Oxford will be placed on a suicide watch.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 08:30 AM
It will be a splash hire. Napier isn't a big enough or flashy enough name for Woodard. LSU considers themselves too big to hire the ULL coach. Kiffin will be the fall back if they can't get a big name. Brady will have a NFL job this offseason & this seems to be the year that Bienemy finally grabs 1 as well. If Urban comes back to college it's for USC not to compete in the same division as Saban.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 08:30 AM

They'll just promote Jeff Lebby likely.

PikeDawg15
10-06-2021, 08:32 AM

I have been reading their message boards over at " Tigerdroppings". Their fan base is 50/50 on kiffin. One side thinks he will push them over Alabama and then the other thinks he's a phony and a fraud who will destroy their program. I agree that they want to make a huge hire, I also could see a possibility of a huge chain of events. It all depends on what happens with Urban Meyer. I realistically could see a scenario where Mullen realizes its not going to work before florida does and he is the one to jump ship to USC. That leaves florida open and LSU and florida could be in a bidding war for lane kiffin and then I would have no idea what ole miss would do, their fan base would be beyond pissed.

PikeDawg15
10-06-2021, 08:34 AM

And also, MANNING AT LSU WITH KIFFIN.

PikeDawg15
10-06-2021, 08:35 AM

TrapGame
10-06-2021, 08:38 AM
They'll just promote Jeff Lebby likely.

Great OC. Head coach? Maybe not.

Apoplectic
10-06-2021, 08:58 AM
Chip Kelly

TStationDawg
10-06-2021, 09:03 AM
Hugh Freeze- and he could get Arch to stay home, I would think??? No matter what, time to get some popcorn.

TrapGame
10-06-2021, 09:05 AM
Hugh Freeze- and he could get Arch to stay home, I would think??? No matter what, time to get some popcorn.

Freeze to LSU. I could see it.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2021, 09:06 AM
First call is Eric Bieniemy. He was born in New Orleans and there's been rumor he would come to college. There seems to be mutual interest between him and USC so LSU might call.

Next you call Joe Brady and see if he wants to come back as head coach. He's 32 but that dude can coach an offense up. He's worth taking a risk on.

Then you look at Napier and offer him a lot of money if those other 2 turn you down.

Bieniemy has slipped well down the USC list as of now. He is still on it though.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2021, 09:07 AM
It will be a splash hire. Napier isn't a big enough or flashy enough name for Woodard. LSU considers themselves too big to hire the ULL coach. Kiffin will be the fall back if they can't get a big name. Brady will have a NFL job this offseason & this seems to be the year that Bienemy finally grabs 1 as well. If Urban comes back to college it's for USC not to compete in the same division as Saban.

Urban's little video has him OFF the USC board according to what I'm hearing.

bobtail bob
10-06-2021, 09:55 AM
The obvious elephant in the room is who their president is now and the liberal governor. I think this search will turn into a power struggle with hiring a minority being the main qualification. It could get very ugly before it is completed.

Apoplectic
10-06-2021, 10:02 AM
The obvious elephant in the room is who their president is now and the liberal governor. I think this search will turn into a power struggle with hiring a minority being the main qualification. It could get very ugly before it is completed.

The LSU football handlers are more powerful than the governor. No way they make a political hire. I mean damn they rigged a lottery for a recruit.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 10:05 AM
Great OC. Head coach? Maybe not.

You never know until you hire them. Sometimes you get Dan Mullen sometimes you get Joe Moorhead.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 10:07 AM
Urban's little video has him OFF the USC board according to what I'm hearing.

Yea he's off the board until he tells them I want the job. That video isn't causing the 2nd best college HC of this generation not to get a job.

Quaoarsking
10-06-2021, 10:09 AM
Don't sleep on Bobby Petrino.

He got Missouri State back to the FCS playoffs for the first time in 30 years in Year 1, and they're probably going to make it again this year.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 10:12 AM
Don't sleep on Bobby Petrino.

He got Missouri State back to the FCS playoffs for the first time in 30 years in Year 1, and they're probably going to make it again this year.

We're all sleep & tucked in on Petrino. He never got a blue blood job in his prime he damn sure not getting 1 now.

StarkVegasSteve
10-06-2021, 10:16 AM
Jimbo is on their list. Their fans will still take him because he's an obvious upgrade over O and I doubt A&M would even put up much of a fight at this point because it could get sideways FAST in Aggieland.

Johnson85
10-06-2021, 10:18 AM

I agree Urban would "retire" again before too long (and I don't think he'd be in a hurry to get back to the SEC grind), but I think it's worth it unless you have another sure thing coach you are picking him over. Not that I pay a ton of attention, but I don't see any super attractive candidates out there. Kiffen is a good offensive coach, but I'd still be concerned about paying him >$6M a year. Just not convinced he can handle success yet and would want to see him sustain some success before backing up the brinks truck to him. Napier I think would be solid but there will be a coach like him out there for the picking every year if you're LSU.

PGHBulldogBG
10-06-2021, 10:19 AM
Meyer wouldn?t go to LSU because he doesn?t want to deal with Saban on a yearly basis. I think this could actually hold a top coach back from taking the job. I wonder if they will try to poach Dabo but I think Dabo will stay at Clemson until Saban retires

confucius say
10-06-2021, 10:20 AM
I think they will go offense and I think they will want a proven head coach.

I could see them calling mullen honestly if Dan gets to 9-3 this year. Kiffin would get a call. Freeze too. But there will prob be some concern that neither are adults who can handle the job given recent antics. No way they are going stoops or Napier.

One thing you have to remember is they are under ncaa investigation and title IX investigation.

Saltydog
10-06-2021, 10:21 AM
I could see them going after Napier when Popcorn leaves.

CadaverDawg
10-06-2021, 10:28 AM
Ole Miss will pay Lane $15 million a year and bankrupt their program before they allow LSU or MSU to steal a coach from them. It's all about Perception up there, remember

PikeDawg15
10-06-2021, 10:38 AM
Ole Miss will pay Lane $15 million a year and bankrupt their program before they allow LSU or MSU to steal a coach from them. It's all about Perception up there, remember

I agree but to extent. If Lsu calls Lane Kiffin later this season and says we want you, I think Ole Miss would Offer at most like 7.5 million a year at kiffin. I personally think the guy is a great offensive mind but I don't see him as the leader of a Powerhouse team or program. I think he would be stupid to leave ole miss because he could win 7-8 games a year there and never get fired but if he goes to LSU he HAS to beat saban regularly and win 10+ a year and every other year have a team that has a shot at the Natty.

I dont think mullen would leave for LSU but I could seriously see mullen head to USC, he's a west coast guy. Lane would take that Florida job in a heartbeat because Florida is less pressure than LSU and its in the east and he wouldn't have to play saban/bama every year. I think if Florida and LSU open at the same time, Florida will get the better coach than LSU cause of the whole situation.

PGHBulldogBG
10-06-2021, 10:43 AM
They might not have much choice but to go after someone that is willing to deal with the NCAA issues. Freeze would be too risky given the situation they are in. USCw will probably go NFL coordinator route but LSU is not going to want that unless it?s Brady who will probably be an NFL coach in the next couple years. They might have to go with someone like Fleck if they are set on getting rid of O this year

Johnson85
10-06-2021, 10:59 AM
I think they will go offense and I think they will want a proven head coach.

I could see them calling mullen honestly if Dan gets to 9-3 this year. Kiffin would get a call. Freeze too. But there will prob be some concern that neither are adults who can handle the job given recent antics. No way they are going stoops or Napier.

One thing you have to remember is they are under ncaa investigation and title IX investigation.

Mullen would be a good, safe hire for them, but damn would they be overpaying. He's at $7.6M at UF. Assuming he has a decent sized buyout, they'd probably have to pay him $8.5 per to make that enticing at all for Mullen.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2021, 11:18 AM
Urban's little video has him OFF the USC board according to what I'm reading .

FIFY

Dak Holliday
10-06-2021, 11:25 AM
Yea he's off the board until he tells them I want the job. That video isn't causing the 2nd best college HC of this generation not to get a job.

100% 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

parabrave
10-06-2021, 11:36 AM

Manning is going to be a Bulldog. The UGA kind/

Dak Holliday
10-06-2021, 11:38 AM
From your lips to God?s ears. The meltdown in Oxford would be marvelous.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 11:41 AM
I think most rational OM fans recognize they're not the favorite for Arch.

Dak Holliday
10-06-2021, 12:12 PM
😂 rational OM fan. Isn?t that an oxymoron?

Commercecomet24
10-06-2021, 01:26 PM

This sure looks like where he's headed, for now anyway.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2021, 01:41 PM

It will cause him not to get that one. Myer would win at USC though. James Franklin is the top want right now. Whether they can get him is another story.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 01:47 PM
It will cause him not to get that one. Myer would win at USC though. James Franklin is the top want right now. Whether they can get him is another story.

I feel confident in saying if Urban called tomorrow showed remorse & said I'm ready to come to LA everything would be worked out.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2021, 02:10 PM
I feel confident in saying if Urban called tomorrow showed remorse & said I'm ready to come to LA everything would be worked out.

I just went and took a look at their boards. I don't think so.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 03:20 PM

I'm not talking about their boards. I'm talking about the people who will be doing the hiring. If Urban Meyer tells them he wants the job he will have job.

Liverpooldawg
10-06-2021, 06:59 PM
I'm not talking about their boards. I'm talking about the people who will be doing the hiring. If Urban Meyer tells them he wants the job he will have job.

You also need to remember Urban's strength coach hire at Jax. The word "racist" is a deal breaker in California. That ain't SEC country where winning is ALL that matters. The writers that cover them think the same as their boards.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-06-2021, 07:23 PM
You also need to remember Urban's strength coach hire at Jax. The word "racist" is a deal breaker in California. That ain't SEC country where winning is ALL that matters. The writers that cover them think the same as their boards.

Ok

OLJWales
10-06-2021, 07:34 PM
Napier is my guess. After that, I would put Neal Brown as the favorite.

You again? Dude that guaranteed napier was a done deal? Bert Stare? Got any odds on Leach to LSU?

Must admit though; genius on Bert username.

lastmajordog
10-06-2021, 07:53 PM
del

Turfdawg67
10-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Urban.

Lolz. They won a Natty a couple years ago... their relevancy isn't going anywhere.

Turfdawg67
10-06-2021, 07:59 PM

You're having trouble with this posting thing.

You're having trouble with this posting thing.

OLJWales
10-06-2021, 08:07 PM

Not all Cali folk woke. Some actually care about the truth and gettin' 'er done.

was21
10-06-2021, 08:23 PM
Since when is Dan Mullen a west coast guy????

Commercecomet24
10-06-2021, 08:31 PM
Since when is Dan Mullen a west coast guy????

I was kinda wondering that myself. Mans never coached or lived on the west coast his life, unless you count his brief stint at Utah and that ain't the west coast.

TrapGame
10-06-2021, 08:36 PM
Lolz. They won a Natty a couple years ago... their relevancy isn't going anywhere.

They in the top 25? Nope. With that talent level there ain't no excuse not being at the very least #20 w/ crappy coaching.

bobtail bob
10-06-2021, 08:50 PM
The LSU football handlers are more powerful than the governor. No way they make a political hire. I mean damn they rigged a lottery for a recruit.

Not the coonasses they do everything by the book and the right way, lol . Biggest bunch of lying, thieving assholes on the planet. The amount of law breaking they have covered up is enough to bring the whole school down. They have known this shit about Orgeron and Les Miles the whole time. The only reason Eds escapades are coming out now is because they are releasing them to prime their garlic breathed fan base for his firing.

Don't be so sure about whose has the power there now, things have changed. I called all the sex assault culture they had a year before it was made public. Their President and the people who back him won't let this play out without showing their muscle. Watch and see

Saltydog
10-06-2021, 08:59 PM
I?ve read as recently as today that Bama may be fav at this point!

Turfdawg67
10-06-2021, 09:03 PM
They in the top 25? Nope. With that talent level there ain't no excuse not being at the very least #20 w/ crappy coaching.

Dude... Nebraska is still relevant. Waning fast and not deserved, but still relevant. And so is LSU... for a long time.

Dawgfan77
10-06-2021, 09:04 PM

Soo.. what your hearing is actually what you're reading from a USC message board.... got it...

So like 90% of your post ... full of shit..

Todd4State
10-07-2021, 12:09 AM
This sure looks like where he's headed, for now anyway.

Yeah. It's changed a few times. I remember at first it was LSU but that was when Burrow was there. Then it was Texas or Clemson. Now it appears to be Georgia.

Todd4State
10-07-2021, 12:14 AM
I?ve read as recently as today that Bama may be fav at this point!

The truth is we probably won't know until August as that is when I expect him to commit. We have another round of coaching changes coming up in the meantime that could certainly affect his recruitment greatly one way or the other. I will say if Saban really wants him and he might I think he will do whatever it will take to get him there.

preachermatt83
10-07-2021, 01:10 AM
If they want to win the answer is simple… Joe Brady

Ifyouonlyknew
10-07-2021, 07:09 AM
If they want to win the answer is simple… Joe Brady

Brady isn't leaving the NFL.

bobtail bob
10-07-2021, 09:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=sMliyqbcC90&feature=youtu.be

Ed threatened to make a caller to sleep with the fishes last night. He's acting like a guy not worried about any consequences ,like someone who knows where all the bodies are buried down at LSU. I've seen employees acting like this brfore and they always tell what they know, Every time. stay tuned.

Commercecomet24
10-07-2021, 09:21 AM
Yeah. It's changed a few times. I remember at first it was LSU but that was when Burrow was there. Then it was Texas or Clemson. Now it appears to be Georgia.

Yeah I'm sure the favorite will change several times before he actually signs somewhere. I wonder when it doesn't sign with om if they're gonna go berserk like when Peyton went to Tennessee. That was fun to watch!

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2021, 09:22 AM
Soo.. what your hearing is actually what you're reading from a USC message board.... got it...

So like 90% of your post ... full of shit..

It might happen, but just from following them for a long while I don't expect to see it though. If they do hire him then things have changed there and college football had better take notice. It wouldn't be just about that hire.

Rent free

was21
10-07-2021, 12:22 PM
He may go to Duke to be corched by his uncles' QB corch Cutcliffe

preachermatt83
10-07-2021, 02:25 PM
Brady isn't leaving the NFL.
If he is offered a hc job in the nfl you are right but I’m not sure how many nfl jobs are gonna open up this season

Ifyouonlyknew
10-07-2021, 03:22 PM
If he is offered a hc job in the nfl you are right but I’m not sure how many nfl jobs are gonna open up this season

There will be a few. He's in line for 1 of those few.

PikeDawg15
10-07-2021, 03:30 PM
There will be a few. He's in line for 1 of those few.

He will probably want to take the Jaguars job when it opens. He would do wonders with lawrence

TrapGame
10-07-2021, 04:27 PM
Dude... Nebraska is still relevant. Waning fast and not deserved, but still relevant. And so is LSU... for a long time.

Now I know you smoke meth.

PikeDawg15
10-08-2021, 08:59 AM
Now I know you smoke meth.

Lsu will be relevant for awhile, even if they suck. Nebraska is not relevant however because of the amount of time that they have sucked. I am not sure what happens at LSU, all I know right now is that if Kentucky beats LSU and especially if its double digits, O is gone.
This is how I see their coaching list right now

1. Urban Meyer
2. Joe Brady
3. Chiefs OC
4. Lane Kiffin
5. Luke Fickell
Honorable mentions
Billy Napier
Dan Mullen
Hugh Freeze
Mark Stoops

TrapGame
10-08-2021, 09:21 AM
Lsu will be relevant for awhile, even if they suck. Nebraska is not relevant however because of the amount of time that they have sucked. I am not sure what happens at LSU, all I know right now is that if Kentucky beats LSU and especially if its double digits, O is gone.

1. Urban Meyer
2. Joe Brady
3. Chiefs OC
4. Lane Kiffin
5. Luke Fickell
Honorable mentions
Billy Napier
Dan Mullen
Hugh Freeze
Mark Stoops

Relevancy can slip away from you in college football quickly. Tennessee hasn't been relevant for twenty years. Maybe Haupel was the right hire. We'll see. If LSU screws up the hire after O it's slipping further down that slippery slope of relevancy.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-08-2021, 09:36 AM

1. Urban Meyer
2. Joe Brady
3. Chiefs OC
4. Lane Kiffin
5. Luke Fickell
Honorable mentions
Billy Napier
Dan Mullen
Hugh Freeze
Mark Stoops

I think you strike out on the 1st 3 pretty quick.

Johnson85
10-08-2021, 09:42 AM

Nebraska is not relevant anymore. Their last relevance was when they hired Frost. They started to get talked about again, even if their on field results weren't there. Now, I don't see them in highlight shows, which to me is a pretty decent measure of relevance. Shitty blue bloods still get spotlighted in highlight shows because people still care. Nobody cares about Nebraska outside of Nebraska, so they only get spotlighted if they have a particularly good play or they are playing a blue blood.

OLJWales
10-08-2021, 09:45 AM
I musta missed this coach O bedroom pic; gotta be Hitler flying a Zero. WTF O? He is solidifying his Water Boy character as the titty pincher.

https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2021/10/07/lsu-coach-ed-orgeron-has-a-nice-little-fishin-hole-for-body-of-radio-caller-who-brings-up-bedroom-photo/