PDA

View Full Version : 2

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 07:04 PM
He dropped the mic on Yall in the presser cowboy hat and all

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 07:05 PM
Love the cowboy hat. Dude is a gamer and a winner!

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 07:14 PM
There is a lot that has happened to him since game 1 that people dont know. Its not my place to share it in public but just know, he aint forgot

Coach34
10-03-2021, 07:16 PM
He played good football last night

msstate7
10-03-2021, 07:19 PM
He was good last night. If he's using it to somehow throw in the fan base's face after 2 bad losses in a row though, seems pretty immature. The best way to shut up doubters is to keep playing well... if you alienate the fanbase, you better show up every week. I didn't watch press conf, so hopefully this isn't the case

BayouDawg
10-03-2021, 07:23 PM
I think it was in response to fans leaving the game early. Not sure though. Im not a huge fan of the qb taking shots at the fans but he balled out last night.

msstate7
10-03-2021, 07:26 PM
I think it was in response to fans leaving the game early. Not sure though. Im not a huge fan of the qb taking shots at the fans but he balled out last night.

He definitely earned the right to stick his chest out last night. Job well done, will

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 07:37 PM
Heres yalls problems, you have no idea what is going on or what has happened. If you were him im sure some of you would have made a complete ass of yourself or made it a legal issue. Or maybe you handle it like he has and kept on working and winning. I am biased admittedly but he is a winner. He is going to find a way to beat your ass. And he is going to continue to prove everyone wrong.

Leaving early is garbage and its even worse when its on a big recruiting weekend like we had vs LSU. If you cant get behind a team that has shown they are never ever out of it then you need to go anyways. Jus bc you dont like the scheme, but which I myself have said I am not in love with you cant deny the effort of this bunch. If you dont like what he said, dont go. Simple as that.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 07:40 PM
He was good last night. If he's using it to somehow throw in the fan base's face after 2 bad losses in a row though, seems pretty immature. The best way to shut up doubters is to keep playing well... if you alienate the fanbase, you better show up every week. I didn't watch press conf, so hopefully this isn't the case

Will Rogers was the biggest reason we were in the game vs LSU. Hands down the biggest reason. Those kids believe in him and if we get that onside kick we win the game. If we dont get screwed at Memphis we win the game. Its not like he is throwing INTs and we are losing by 40.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 07:42 PM
We had people literally leaving at half of the LSU game. That is pathetic. And it made him mad. I can promise you he is speaking for the team as well. All that matters. Especially if you want to bash them on social media directly or go as far as to do some shady stuff in the real world to some of them. I understand some will never ever get behind Leach. But Leach is a winner. When he finds his QB and OL he wins. He has found them

msstate7
10-03-2021, 07:44 PM
Will Rogers was the biggest reason we were in the game vs LSU. Hands down the biggest reason. Those kids believe in him and if we get that onside kick we win the game. If we dont get screwed at Memphis we win the game. Its not like he is throwing INTs and we are losing by 40.

Qbs will always and forever get credit for games they don't always win, and they'll always and forever get the blame for games they don't always lose. Seems you and will could stand a tanning bed subscription to thicken the skin some.

msstate7
10-03-2021, 07:45 PM
Heres yalls problems, you have no idea what is going on or what has happened..

Then don't start threads like this

Homedawg
10-03-2021, 07:47 PM
I'm glad will played well. He's the best we have and is a big time competitor. With that said, I don't think I'd come here spiking they ball bc he played well. That's his job. And I know dang well you wont ever say he didn't play well. Seen that already. Just enjoy the win. Congrats to you, will and the dogs. I enjoyed it.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 07:48 PM
Dont tell me that cheesy ass garbage. There is no one who is harder on himself and the team than he is. This isnt a movie or ESPN. This is real life. Mental toughness and thick skin are not problems for him or me. I could honestly care less about what some on here think. I like the board and I share some of the things I know here. But dont post crap like that if you dont know him or me

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 07:49 PM
Then don't start threads like this

Yall are the ones who took it here by taking sides against what he said

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 07:51 PM
I'm glad will played well. He's the best we have and is a big time competitor. With that said, I don't think I'd come here spiking they ball bc he played well. That's his job. And I know dang well you wont ever say he didn't play well. Seen that already. Just enjoy the win. Congrats to you, will and the dogs. I enjoyed it.

I have said multiple times when he has missed. He will miss again. But some of yall are so hung up on yall that you cant even get behind a kid on the team wanting fans to stay the whole game.

Its all fun and games to thrash him and others on a message board but its wrong when he points out fans flaws. Funny how that works. Nobody wants to win worse than he does

msstate7
10-03-2021, 07:51 PM
Dont tell me that cheesy ass garbage. There is no one who is harder on himself and the team than he is. This isnt a movie or ESPN. This is real life. Mental toughness and thick skin are not problems for him or me. I could honestly care less about what some on here think. I like the board and I share some of the things I know here. But dont post crap like that if you dont know him or me

You have a serious man crush on will. It's cool... I defended brees the sams way, and I didn't even know him. Even with my man crush of brees though, I could admit he wasn't Jesus. You can't do that with will.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 07:53 PM
You have a serious man crush on will. It's cool... I defended brees the sams way, and I didn't even know him. Even with my man crush of brees though, I could admit he wasn't Jesus. You can't do that with will.

Yes but he was Breesus wasn't he? Lol

Coach34
10-03-2021, 07:53 PM

You better hope we beat Kentucky or start a pepcid regimen.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 07:54 PM

Yeah. I feel like we will. I wont be on the board during that game or selling coffee I can promise you that. Best of luck to you the rest of your season

msstate7
10-03-2021, 07:56 PM
Yes but he was Breesus wasn't he? Lol

Lol

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 07:56 PM

That has nothing to do with anything of what I just said. Remember our bet too bud. Youd better make the nest 30 thousand posts worth it bc 12 aint beating 2

msstate7
10-03-2021, 08:04 PM
That has nothing to do with anything of what I just said. Remember our bet too bud. Youd better make the nest 30 thousand posts worth it bc 12 aint beating 2

I remember.

Have you got that #2 tat yet? Lol

BayouDawg
10-03-2021, 08:06 PM
Yall are the ones who took it here by taking sides against what he said

I like will. My personal opinion from the outside is not taking shots at the fans but if i was in his shoes I may very well have said something similar.

KOdawg1
10-03-2021, 08:09 PM
Yikes

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 08:09 PM
I remember.

Naw Im busy

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 08:10 PM
Yikes

I thought you had bested me

KOdawg1
10-03-2021, 08:14 PM
I thought you had bested me
Well when you resort to silly name calling, yeah I bested you. I haven't called you anything but Mr. Rogers.

He played great last night.

I'd hold of on ripping your pants off and running through the district declaring him the best thing ever though.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 08:16 PM
Well when you resort to silly name calling, yeah I bested you. I haven't called you anything but Mr. Rogers.

He played great last night.

I'd hold of on ripping your pants off and running through the district declaring him the best thing ever though.

Nah. You didnt. I told you to piss off like he did in the presser. Nobody has said he was the best ever. Yall said he was the worst ever and would get benched. He has done nothing but make yall eat it. Remember he does the same thing every game

Homedawg
10-03-2021, 08:20 PM
I have said multiple times when he has missed. He will miss again. But some of yall are so hung up on yall that you cant even get behind a kid on the team wanting fans to stay the whole game.

Its all fun and games to thrash him and others on a message board but its wrong when he points out fans flaws. Funny how that works. Nobody wants to win worse than he does

Your barking at the wrong dude. I'm clearly behind him. But you go a tad overboard on his greatness. It goes both ways is all I'm saying. And nobody wants Will to fail. We just want to win. And go back, I've been a supporter of his all year.

KOdawg1
10-03-2021, 08:22 PM
Nah. You didnt. I told you to piss off like he did in the presser. Nobody has said he was the best ever. Yall said he was the worst ever and would get benched. He has done nothing but make yall eat it. Remember he does the same thing every game

Never said he was the worst ever. Go find that and show me. In fact; I've stated many times he's obviously the best we have right now and not a terrible QB. I questioned his arm strength, decision making, and wanted him to push the ball down the field.

Guess what? Hes making quicker decisions and pushing the ball down the field.

I don't hate the kid. You've taken this personally which I get bc you're pretty emotional about BHS so you've obviously got some connections somewhere.

I'll root for the kid and did Saturday night. It's great to see him improve. It takes nuts to go into a road game with 100,000 fans and play that good.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 08:23 PM
Nothing was directly pointed at you. Unlike some on here have directly pointed it at Will

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 08:24 PM
There is a lot that has happened to him since game 1 that people dont know. Its not my place to share it in public but just know, he aint forgot

Glad he's got a chip on his shoulder. That's the sign of a carnivore & those guys usually end up good.

msstate7
10-03-2021, 08:24 PM
I gotta admit I didn't see us moving the ball like we did last night no matter what aTm did or didn't do on defense. Will did so much better than I expected, and I do think I deserve bucky throwing it in my face this week. Hopefully this happens all year.

I never meant anything personal towards will though. I'd say the same stuff if he was from hinds co, snd if this were the case, bucky wouldn't care a bit

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 08:25 PM
Heres yalls problems, you have no idea what is going on or what has happened. If you were him im sure some of you would have made a complete ass of yourself or made it a legal issue. Or maybe you handle it like he has and kept on working and winning. I am biased admittedly but he is a winner. He is going to find a way to beat your ass. And he is going to continue to prove everyone wrong.

Leaving early is garbage and its even worse when its on a big recruiting weekend like we had vs LSU. If you cant get behind a team that has shown they are never ever out of it then you need to go anyways. Jus bc you dont like the scheme, but which I myself have said I am not in love with you cant deny the effort of this bunch. If you dont like what he said, dont go. Simple as that.

100% agree.

Not sure where leaving early started or why it started at MSU.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 08:26 PM
Never said he was the worst ever. Go find that and show me. In fact; I've stated many times he's obviously the best we have right now and not a terrible QB. I questioned his arm strength, decision making, and wanted him to push the ball down the field.

Guess what? Hes making quicker decisions and pushing the ball down the field.

I don't hate the kid. You've taken this personally which I get bc you're pretty emotional about BHS so you've obviously got some connections somewhere.

I'll root for the kid and did Saturday night. It's great to see him improve. It takes nuts to go into a road game with 100,000 fans and play that good.

It doesnt matter about me. I think its pretty common knowledge on here about what I do.

Fair enough. Ill leave well enough alone. Its no hard feelings and never has been but its just different when you know the kid I guess

SailingDawg
10-03-2021, 08:26 PM
Heres yalls problems, you have no idea what is going on or what has happened...

This is true about everyone you meet, and you should treat them with respect.

Watch some Ted Lasso while you're at it.

KOdawg1
10-03-2021, 08:28 PM
It doesnt matter about me. I think its pretty common knowledge on here about what I do.

Fair enough. Ill leave well enough alone. Its no hard feelings and never has been but its just different when you know the kid I guess
I get it man. I really do.

Jack Lambert
10-03-2021, 08:28 PM
He definitely earned the right to stick his chest out last night. Job well done, will

I had an emergency and had to leave. I offered my chair backs to his grand dad.

CadaverDawg
10-03-2021, 08:29 PM
Will played really well. I'm proud of the win. That being said, your defense of him on this board has become a bit cringeworthy. Most people that said anything negative about him, turned around and gave him props last night. If Will is truly hung up on the fans like that, he needs to toughen up, bc like the ole Colorado coach said "this ain't intramurals, brother". This is the SEC. Fans are passionate, good and bad passionate. That's hopefully part of the reason he came here. I agree fans shouldn't leave the stadium, but you coming on here and acting like you're the 1 fan out of a million that has it all figured out, and that Will is the next Heisman winner, probably won't receive a good response bc any fans willing to spend hours on a message board discussing a team that has never sniffed a Title, probably aren't the audience that's leaving early.

And for the record, I like you as a poster, and I appreciate the insight from you knowing Will. It adds a lot and is great to read. That said, you're never going to change everyone's mind, and there will always be idiots, so I wouldn't waste my time arguing about him. But that's just my opinion. Much like Will should approach it, just let his and the team's play do the talking. But again, that's just me.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 08:29 PM
This is true about everyone you meet, and you should treat them with respect.

Watch some Ted Lasso while you're at it.

I dont know who that is but we are on the same page. This was never meant to end up like this. I just cant fathom someone disagreeing with a kid on a sports team at a school most of us love, wanting fans to stay an entire game. Or even taking offense to him wanting that

msstate7
10-03-2021, 08:30 PM

Class move.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 08:35 PM
Will played really well. I'm proud of the win. That being said, your defense of him on this board has become a bit cringeworthy. Most people that said anything negative about him, turned around and gave him props last night. If Will is truly hung up on the fans like that, he needs to toughen up, bc like the ole Colorado coach said "this ain't intramurals, brother". This is the SEC. Fans are passionate, good and bad passionate. That's hopefully part of the reason he came here. I agree fans shouldn't leave the stadium, but you coming on here and acting like you're the 1 fan out of a million that has it all figured out, and that Will is the next Heisman winner, probably won't receive a good response bc any fans willing to spend hours on a message board discussing a team that has never sniffed a Title, probably aren't the audience that's leaving early.

And for the record, I like you as a poster, and I appreciate the insight from you knowing Will. It adds a lot and is great to read. That said, you're never going to change everyone's mind, and there will always be idiots, so I wouldn't waste my time arguing about him. But that's just my opinion. Much like Will should approach it, just let his and the team's play do the talking. But again, that's just me.

Ill say it again, dont like what he said? dont go. I dont see how anyone could disagree with him wanting fans to stay an entire game is somehow wrong.

My defense of him is just as cringeworthy as the takes that he has noodle arm and that he is the main reason we are not 5-0. Or that he was scared and playing not to lose like this is some lifetime movie. I am not a number 1 fan that knows more than anyone else. I do know football and I know winners. Some on here were ready to throw him and Leach out like yesterdays trash but when he pops back we are offended

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 08:37 PM

And Im sure he appreciated that. No one is saying you have to stay come hell or high water

Jack Lambert
10-03-2021, 08:40 PM
And Im sure he appreciated that. No one is saying you have to stay come hell or high water

I don't think people left because of the offense. We were only behind four points. It was hot and I mean really hot. The concession stands were really slow. It took a minimum 10 minutes while the game was going on to just get some water. I think people were more fed up with that clown show than the team on the field. It was horrible. When I say 10 minutes I am being generous. Cohen has to get that fix fast with Bama coming to town. I really believe if it was a night game everyone would have hung around.

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 08:43 PM
I don't think people left because of the offense. We were only behind four points. It was hot and I mean really hot. The concession stands were really slow. It took a minimum 10 minutes while the game was going on to just get some water. I think people were more fed up with that clown show than the team on the field. It was horrible. When I say 10 minutes I am being generous. Cohen has to get that fix fast with Bama coming to town.

I was there and agree wholeheartedly with all of this. The whole experience at the stadium has went down since 2019. Getting into the stadium is a disaster. I have never went thru a concession line at DWS so I have no dog in that fight. But the line at the gates is awful and has to be better. It had never ever been like that and I have been going since I was a kid in 03

MaroonFlounder
10-03-2021, 08:44 PM
Will Rogers will be an absolute legend if he kills the Landsharks Thanksgiving night.

I know for a fact that he and most of his family were (are?) ole ms fans.

I think the kid is a damn good QB, leader, competitor.

R2Dawg
10-03-2021, 08:47 PM

If our D plays like it should, we will beat UK (assuming we don't give the game away with TOs)

Activated Alpha
10-03-2021, 08:51 PM

We as State fans should already be on a Pepcid regiment daily

CadaverDawg
10-03-2021, 08:52 PM
We as State fans should already be on a Pepcid regiment daily

100%

preachermatt83
10-03-2021, 09:10 PM
Can I be completely honest? I like Will. I like that his team seems to really follow him. I think , when he throws the ball down the feild, that he commands the offense well. I think he is going to get better and better. There is one major thing I have against him and it?s not fair. The way Bucky acts on here in regards to Will just really turns me off for some reason. I?m not sure why. I?m prob wrong for it. But that?s my biggest thing That I don?t like right now in regards to Will

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 09:13 PM
Can I be completely honest? I like Will. I like that his team seems to really follow him. I think , when he throws the ball down the feild, that he commands the offense well. I think he is going to get better and better. There is one major thing I have against him and it?s not fair. The way Bucky acts on here in regards to Will just really turns me off for some reason. I?m not sure why. I?m prob wrong for it. But that?s my biggest thing That I don?t like right now in regards to Will

Haha idk where to even start with that

preachermatt83
10-03-2021, 09:16 PM

that really doesn’t surprise me. You serve one purpose here, and that it to serve as a guard dog for anything negative towards Will. I think he is a good qb but he’s not above reproach. Even Dak had negative things said about him. As cadaver said, you non stop stuff like this has become cringeworthy

Coach34
10-03-2021, 09:31 PM

Haha- enjoy the ride Brotha. I caught shit for 2 years saying Dak Prescott would be better than Tyler Russell and take his job.

defiantdog
10-03-2021, 09:53 PM
Will's young..... But fans on a message board will always criticize when we lose then eat crow when we win.

MaroonFlounder
10-03-2021, 10:06 PM
Haha- enjoy the ride Brotha. I caught shit for 2 years saying Dak Prescott would be better than Tyler Russell and take his job.

And then you called him Checkdown Charlie.

Coach34
10-03-2021, 10:11 PM
And then you called him Checkdown Charlie.

Which he was. Not seeing the problem

BuckyIsAB****
10-03-2021, 10:12 PM
that really doesn?t surprise me. You serve one purpose here, and that it to serve as a guard dog for anything negative towards Will. I think he is a good qb but he?s not above reproach. Even Dak had negative things said about him. As cadaver said, you non stop stuff like this has become cringeworthy

I just hate that you think my one purpose on a message board is to defend our QB. Idk how ill go to work tomorrow. Cringe away. I bet you you werent cringing when he was shredding them Saturday night. I was cringing when I saw you post he was the main problem with the offense and that he always had WRs 15 yds worth of open. How quickly thou forgets

I mean if I wanted to show you how Ive said he is far from perfect I could, and if I wanted to I could show you the hundreds of things I have posted on here that have nothing to do with him. Hundreds of things that have merit and I think some people here value. But like I said idk where to even start with that

basedog
10-03-2021, 10:17 PM
I just hate that you think my one purpose on a message board is to defend our QB. Idk how ill go to work tomorrow.

I mean if I wanted to show you how Ive said he is far from perfect I could, and if I wanted to I could show you the hundreds of things I have posted on here that have nothing to do with him. Hundreds of things that have merit and I think some people here value. But like I said idk where to even start with that

My advise and this coming from a relative who has someone who pitches for MSU. Just let things go and enjoy the process. No use going back and forth. It's hard when things aren't going ones ways especially when u are close to someone or the situation.

StarkVegasSteve
10-03-2021, 10:44 PM
Will played well last night. He's completely within his right to criticize the fans. He just better be ready to eat it the first time he doesn't play well. Is that fair? Probably not. But it's the can of worms he's opened with a comment like that. Again, I think Will is going to do good things here. He's starting to get more confidence to take shots and not just check it down so he won't throw a pick and that's the biggest area he can improve.

preachermatt83
10-03-2021, 10:54 PM
I just hate that you think my one purpose on a message board is to defend our QB. Idk how ill go to work tomorrow. Cringe away. I bet you you werent cringing when he was shredding them Saturday night. I was cringing when I saw you post he was the main problem with the offense and that he always had WRs 15 yds worth of open. How quickly thou forgets

Multiple times there have been receivers wide open while he chose to check down. However he is young and getting better with that every week.

CaptainObvious
10-03-2021, 11:07 PM
I too have been one of Will?s critics. But last night he played a heck of a game and he stood up for his team and himself afterwards. Good for him. He should get a pass for the Bama game no Mayer how bad it turns out. Because the best dang QB in America(according to some folk) just found out Lord Saban don?t like to be embarrassed.

But after that, it will be time for this team with Will Rogers at QB to roll off some wins.

A player Telling fans they need to support a team win or lose is kind of silly. All State fans support Mississippi State University! Passionate fandom happens after a win and after a loss. It doesn?t mean they don?t ?support?. I may only be speaking for myself, but for the most part, the students, the QB?s fellow classmates have historically left at halftime because they have sweated out most of the booze they drank pre-game and need an infusion. If it is an 11 AM game, they are probably having the DTs and need to get to the tailgate to level off.

Just a historical tidbit of info.

Todd4State
10-03-2021, 11:19 PM
I remember.

He'll get it after you get your Jimbo tat.

Todd4State
10-03-2021, 11:37 PM
If this is over fans leaving then part of that is Cohen's fault. And before someone says it- yeah if the team was closer that would help too. Sure. But MSU has to do something to get fans to stay. I definitely think that some of it is gameday related.

I don't know what else happened behind the scenes here with Will. Probably the typical jackass sending him a message on social media telling him he sucked or whatever. But he's not wrong that a lot of our fans have been shitty with their support of Leach and the team at times. Especially compared to Dan's first two years. I think it's part perception and part Ole Miss being a media darling and us losing the Egg Bowl last year. And before someone talks about how "Yeah but with Dan's offense we were making strides"- we finished 9th and 10th in the SEC in scoring Dan's first two years. We got shut down by Alabama, Florida, and in year two by LSU and scored a whopping 15 point on Vanderbilt in Dan's first year. Blew a game to LSU because of Dan's play calling, lost a game to Houston like Leach did to Memphis because of shitty officiating, had a close win over UAB, and lit up Florida in 2010 for a grand total of 10 points and had to count on Florida's back up kicker missing a field goal to win that game.

The difference to me is:

Dan followed Croom who yeah was even worse. Compared to Leach following Dan and Moorhead. As bad of a fit as Moorhead was his offense wasn't even in Croom's stratosphere.

We had Greg Byrne promoting the team while Cohen has barely even tried since the Leach bandwagon thing last year. Gameday was better then too.

Ole Miss was on the downswing during Dan's first year. That 2009 win was a good win over a good Ole Miss team- sure. But a few months later they were losing to Jacksonville State and were probably even worse in 2011 to be honest with everyone.

Leach doesn't talk bad about Ole Miss much. Not like Dan did his first two years.

That said I do think this win over A&M may be a turning point for the program and I do think that most of the critics even are seeing improvement overall. And we should be happy about that. If we beat Ole Miss this year everyone will come together and love on each other. That remains to be seen though.

msstate7
10-04-2021, 06:20 AM
He'll get it after you get your Jimbo tat.

Who says I haven't? One shoulder in jimbo and then other is mullen... they're kissing an Atlanta braves "A" on the back of my neck**

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 06:38 AM

I spiked the ball 87 times and will continue to do so when Will and duh boys play like dat.

BrunswickDawg
10-04-2021, 07:35 AM
that really doesn?t surprise me. You serve one purpose here, and that it to serve as a guard dog for anything negative towards Will. I think he is a good qb but he?s not above reproach. Even Dak had negative things said about him. As cadaver said, you non stop stuff like this has become cringeworthy

I can sympathize a bit with Bucky - I got accused of being a guard dog for Fitz a ton when people were piling on him early in his career here. I don't know Fitz, but having watched him play HS ball and him being the only local kid on the team I am a fan of, it was easy to get over-invested. That being said, fans can be fanatics and there is a ton of uncalled for crap. And I don't buy the "thick skin" argument when it comes to college kids. No 19 or 20 year old kid deserves the harassment that some fans heap upon them. As I said a lot defending Fitz - criticism of play is one thing, making personal attacks is another (and I'm not saying posters on here have been attacking Will personally, but Bucky is insinuating that Will is being harassed off the field).

Will is also not the first to call out our fans for their double standards. I don't them pointing it out either. If we are going to "demand" excellence from them, I don't mind them demanding that the fans be excellent as well.

Todd4State
10-04-2021, 08:09 AM
Who says I haven't? One shoulder in jimbo and then other is mullen... they're kissing an Atlanta braves "A" on the back of my neck**

Nice!

Todd4State
10-04-2021, 08:10 AM
I can sympathize a bit with Bucky - I got accused of being a guard dog for Fitz a ton when people were piling on him early in his career here. I don't know Fitz, but having watched him play HS ball and him being the only local kid on the team I am a fan of, it was easy to get over-invested. That being said, fans can be fanatics and there is a ton of uncalled for crap. And I don't buy the "thick skin" argument when it comes to college kids. No 19 or 20 year old kid deserves the harassment that some fans heap upon them. As I said a lot defending Fitz - criticism of play is one thing, making personal attacks is another (and I'm not saying posters on here have been attacking Will personally, but Bucky is insinuating that Will is being harassed off the field).

Will is also not the first to call out our fans for their double standards. I don't them pointing it out either. If we are going to "demand" excellence from them, I don't mind them demanding that the fans be excellent as well.

And I remember Fitz calling out our fans at least a couple of times. Ironically after he beat Texas A&M again in 2018 comes to mind. Probably were some other times but I've just forgotten.

msstate7
10-04-2021, 08:15 AM
And I remember Fitz calling out our fans at least a couple of times. Ironically after he beat Texas A&M again in 2018 comes to mind. Probably were some other times but I've just forgotten.

And Jomo told the fans to kick rocks. None of the incidents really help you.

vindastra
10-04-2021, 08:18 AM

Pics or it didn't happen :cool:

RiverCityDawg
10-04-2021, 08:22 AM
I like Will showing his teeth a little bit. And he's right. We've had some sorry ass fans this year taking their frustrations out on Will for some reason. I promise his teammates like what he said, and that's what matters. Now, he's got to back it up, but I think he will, and if he's the competitor we need him to be it won't be an issue.

And shout out to Bucky for defending his guy. What do y'all expect? People have been spiking the ball when they think they're right on this board for years, give the man some space for that when some of y'all have been tearing down this kid that he knows personally. If you haven't been one of the ones irrationally critical of Will it shouldn't matter to you anyway.

Maroonthirteen
10-04-2021, 08:41 AM
Multiple times there have been receivers wide open while he chose to check down. However he is young and getting better with that every week.

Lets see your video evidence of a check down when another is "Wide open". You have said this 1000x. But you've provided no proof.

Hot Rock
10-04-2021, 08:46 AM

Why? they beat Florida and Mullen which has tons more talented players than State and uses a run first offense you love so much.

Is Mullen not a good coach with that shit offense or is Kentucky just a good team?

BrunswickDawg
10-04-2021, 09:02 AM

I think coaches are different. They adults and are paid big bucks to take it. In general, I think players do a pretty good job at not lashing out at idiot fans. If I were in their shoes there is no way I would have a social media presence of any kind just to keep the negativity at a minimum.

Maverick91
10-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Just watched his interview. I love it, he carries himself with confidence. I think him calling fans out for leaving early in the manor that he did wasn't to inappropriate. If he continues to do what he is doing, get it bro!

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2021, 09:36 AM
He doesn't have the same talent or genetics, but Rogers mentality & makeup reminds me of Phillip Rivers. Very similar personalities it seems

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 10:32 AM
Why? they beat Florida and Mullen which has tons more talented players than State and uses a run first offense you love so much.

Is Mullen not a good coach with that shit offense or is Kentucky just a good team?

I didn't watch but bits and pieces but stats don't say KY has better talent than UF. I think UF whips them most days.

Jack Lambert
10-04-2021, 10:38 AM

I like him too and not just because I know his grandparent. He is young and he walked into 105K stadium and played like the stadium was at the Brandon Youth football field. By his senior year he will be unstoppable and we are only going to improve our WR recruiting to help.

Lord McBuckethead
10-04-2021, 10:47 AM

Who cares what he says or what was said to him by our fans. I am more worried about not getting the ball in the endzone, completely not seeing open recievers down field, not picking up 3 rushers, not stopping them, missing tackles, etc. Aaron Brule has all but disappeared from the game. Tulu, although awesome, cannot get touches. All these things need to be addressed.

The defense has been getting a pass, but for the life of me I don't know why. We shit talk Will for not getting through progressions and anticipating wide open receivers, but then do not get mad at the defense when we have lost a 2 point game and a 3 point game. Sure they did pretty good, but we lost.

Lord McBuckethead
10-04-2021, 10:52 AM
Just watched his interview. I love it, he carries himself with confidence. I think him calling fans out for leaving early in the manor that he did wasn't to inappropriate. If he continues to do what he is doing, get it bro!

I am 100% cool with Will saying that about the fans. I am also cool with fans leaving the 13th game of the Leach era, when it was clear we haven't learned how to counteract the same damn defense for the 12th week in a row. We will not win games if it takes (4) 14+ play drives against a solid defense. It was clear real quick against LSU.

bulldawg28
10-04-2021, 10:56 AM
Will Rogers will be an absolute legend if he kills the Landsharks Thanksgiving night.

I know for a fact that he and most of his family were (are?) ole ms fans.

I think the kid is a damn good QB, leader, competitor.

Indeed. Truthfully, after Alabama we should win every game My only drawback is Arkansas.

Maverick91
10-04-2021, 11:27 AM
I am 100% cool with Will saying that about the fans. I am also cool with fans leaving the 13th game of the Leach era, when it was clear we haven't learned how to counteract the same damn defense for the 12th week in a row. We will not win games if it takes (4) 14+ play drives against a solid defense. It was clear real quick against LSU.

Agreed, as a fan I can call both sides of the coin. I also think players like this is what State has to recruit to win. Until we can sit there and just sign top dogs every class. We have to recruit the guys that just ball and out work you.

Maverick91
10-04-2021, 11:28 AM
Indeed. Truthfully, after Alabama we should win every game My only drawback is Arkansas.

9-3 sounds beautiful to me. It doesn't matter what games we won or lost. EVERYONE would have signed up for that at the start of the season.

TrapGame
10-04-2021, 11:37 AM

Could be. But Odom ain't surprising anybody with a drop 8 this time.

TrapGame
10-04-2021, 11:41 AM

Hey Chief. We won that game Saturday night. We had 12 play drives. You know what else? We had that defense gassed. Jordan Rodgers pointed that out in the post game discussion.

confucius say
10-04-2021, 12:13 PM

And if we sell out our stadium vs LSU the way Ark and KY are doing maybe we win that game.

It's like Dan told us, we have to buy in and show up and be crazy before the winning starts. Not the other way around b

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 12:59 PM

As much kool-aid I love to drink, I can dig this; well said sir.

confucius say
10-04-2021, 01:05 PM

And leach told us m maybe we should find another team to cheer for.

Saban blasted Bama fans for leaving.

It happens.

IMO it's fine to criticize as long as it's not over the top. But we need to be selling out games like nc state and LSU. And yea, some of that is on Cohen bc the game day experience is lacking.

msstate7
10-04-2021, 01:06 PM
And leach told us m maybe we should find another team to cheer for.

Saban blasted Bama fans for leaving.

It happens.

IMO it's fine to criticize as long as it's not over the top. But we need to be selling out games like nc state and LSU. And yea, some of that is on Cohen bc the game day experience is lacking.

Isn't attendance an issue every where?

confucius say
10-04-2021, 01:08 PM
Lets see your video evidence of a check down when another is "Wide open". You have said this 1000x. But you've provided no proof.

I would like people to put the quarter and time left at least. Bc people keep saying this without stating their evidence. I will say he missed walley for a TD vs LSU two plays before the chip shot missed fg.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2021, 01:12 PM

Yes it is. AM had 85k in a 105k stadium. It's like that pretty much everywhere.

msstate7
10-04-2021, 01:15 PM

Games are too expensive and too much of a hassle. Then you pretty much lose a whole Saturday of watching other games.

confucius say
10-04-2021, 01:16 PM

Not at ark (Texas) or ky (Fla) or Bama (OM) or Florida (Bama) or Georgia (Ark).
All sold out big home games this year.

We've had 2 vs nc state and LSU and have come nowhere close to selling them out.

DownwardDawg
10-04-2021, 01:18 PM
Games are too expensive and too much of a hassle. Then you pretty much lose a whole Saturday of watching other games.

This is exactly why I stopped buying season tickets years ago.

msstate7
10-04-2021, 01:20 PM

Yeah, I pick a couple to go to, and that's it. This is why I don't criticize attendance.

confucius say
10-04-2021, 01:20 PM

Bc we weren't a big game for them.

When sec teams are hosting big games they are selling them out. Except us (and OM, I don't think they will be sold out vs ark judging by the Tix left).

msstate7
10-04-2021, 01:22 PM
Not at ark (Texas) or ky (Fla) or Bama (OM) or Florida (Bama) or Georgia (Ark).
All sold out big home games this year.

We've had 2 vs nc state and LSU and have come nowhere close to selling them out.

Texas helped ark.
Bama and Georgia are contenders and were facing top 15 teams.
Kentucky sell out is good example. Good job by their fanbase

ETA... the memphis game didn't help the LSU game. I did attend the memphis game, and I had no desire to see us again the next week.

maroonmania
10-04-2021, 01:33 PM

I believe Will would be showing much more leadership if he bit his tongue on calling out fans for leaving a hot, sunny uncomfortable game early where we are down 18 points in the 4th quarter and do NOT come back to win. I think he has been hanging around Leach a little too much. He is also managing to tick off some of the fanbase and in this current environment we need every fan willing to come to games to come. I stayed in the stands for the LSU game until we didn't get the onside kick but my wife didn't, and I didn't blame her one bit, because after 3.5 quarters of that sun in your face it was pretty miserable. I would much rather Rogers be focused on why we had only scored 10 points partway into the 4th Q than lashing out at the fanbase.

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 01:33 PM
I like him too and not just because I know his grandparent. He is young and he walked into 105K stadium and played like the stadium was at the Brandon Youth football field. By his senior year he will be unstoppable and we are only going to improve our WR recruiting to help.

Damn Jack, bringing it. Thanks for sharing good stuff man.

But You know your pic and name brings back childhood heart ache memories to me. Don't think that that $1M in V-Cash you gave me (may have been Bully13 back then) settles my additional medicines required to read ED due to your handle causing 2 Superbowl nightmares to reoccur. I know we got yall last time but those childhood ones hurt X 1000 cuz we ain't grown yet. I'll send you the bill sir. LOL

BrunswickDawg
10-04-2021, 01:42 PM

Down attendance is a different issue than the fans that do show up leaving at half time in a 7-3 SEC game.

maroonmania
10-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Bc we weren't a big game for them.

When sec teams are hosting big games they are selling them out. Except us (and OM, I don't think they will be sold out vs ark judging by the Tix left).

Yes, mainly because most SEC schools have 100,000 fans or more all within 30 minutes driving distance of the school. Takes a lot more commitment on the part of MSU fans for a big contingent to show up for a game. Heck, when you have a school that's largely geared to science and engineering like MSU in a State that doesn't have very many jobs in those fields, you end up with a large percentage of your graduates all going out of State which is not too convenient when you want them back for sporting events. UM has it set up pretty sweet where they have the only state med school and law school but they still get to have all the science and technology schools that MSU does. Hey, we get the vet school though I guess.

maroonmania
10-04-2021, 01:52 PM
Down attendance is a different issue than the fans that do show up leaving at half time in a 7-3 SEC game.

Vast majority of fans left at 28-10, not 7-3. Now the students are a different matter. I think a lot of them leave at halftime regardless of what the score is.

msstate7
10-04-2021, 01:54 PM
Vast majority of fans left at 28-10, not 7-3. Now the students are a different matter. I think a lot of them leave at halftime regardless of what the score is.

If this is the case, the Rogers' rant is ridiculous. At 28-10, every school is having a mass exodus

FISHDAWG
10-04-2021, 02:14 PM
If this is the case, the Rogers' rant is ridiculous. At 28-10, every school is having a mass exodus

He could call my mama all kinds of bad names as long as he's playing well and the team is winning.

BrunswickDawg
10-04-2021, 02:22 PM

I think they were better about not leaving when we were winning - but even in the early 1990s, there was a lot of half-time attrition in the student section. Especially during night games when the frats would clear out for their band parties.

maroonmania
10-04-2021, 03:09 PM

There was certainly no mass exodus at 7-3, that is ridiculous. Yes, there were folks trickling out all thru the 2nd half but that is mostly because after a few hours of sitting in sun and heat there are some that want relief. Once LSU went up 3 scores though it was vacating pretty quickly.

Vandownbytheriver
10-04-2021, 03:15 PM

Same here. With parking, food, babysitters if the kids don't come, buying stuff at campus bookmart, my 3 tickets were easily $400-500 a game. And then you had Stricklin talking down to people when they balked at rising prices every year. I didn't feel like what I was paying was worth it anymore. It was too much of a hassle for me considering our game day atmosphere.

yjnkdawg
10-04-2021, 03:59 PM

Yeah he has missed some reads but he has also made some good reads and good decisions. You see all these wide open receivers from the stands or on TV, but you don't see what the quarterback sees from his perspective on the field. That wide open receiver that you see open may not always be the best read, because you may not see that safety looming back there in the vicinity, and who can be there for a pass break up or a possible interception by the time the ball gets to that so-called wide open receiver. In other words, that receiver may not be as wide open, as it looks like to you, by the time the ball arrives. Now in some situations that would be the best option, and the check down option would be a misread. You also don't see and feel the defensive pressure from the stands or on TV that the quarterback does on the field. So there are a lot a pieces to the puzzle and playing quarterback, and making decisions from the stands or from your recliner are always easier to make than actually being on the field having to make them. However, you did say he was young and getting better. So I do have to give you credit for that.

msstate7
10-17-2021, 09:14 AM
Was an empty stadium in the 4th acceptable last night? Hope those clowns aren't jumping back on the wagon next week when we beat vandy**

Dawgology
10-17-2021, 09:18 AM
Was an empty stadium in the 4th acceptable last night? Hope those clowns aren't jumping back on the wagon next week when we beat vandy**

Just wait. We will handle Vandy (one of the worst teams and the nations) and you’ll have some folks in here trying to put us in the top 25.

CadaverDawg
10-17-2021, 09:31 AM
I can't wait to see the first post blaming it on the defense. Meanwhile, if we could have gotten Ruiz in range another 13 times, we had em

AROB44
10-17-2021, 09:52 AM
I can't wait to see the first post blaming it on the defense. Meanwhile, if we could have gotten Ruiz in range another 13 times, we had em

That's priceless!!