PDA

View Full Version : A and M out of touch with reality

BB30
10-03-2021, 10:51 AM
May have already been posted but take a listen to this. One of these guys is in full on melt mode as he can't figure out how mighty A and M lost to poor little state. Makes me smile, apparently he hasn't been paying attention since A and M joined but the series has been relatively even head to head and we have been pretty close to them in regards to season success outside of last season. Gotta love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=7NLDqZgG7Lc

IMissJack
10-03-2021, 11:30 AM
I live 90 min from A&M and my wife is an Aggie. Their problem is they believe bigger and wealthier means they should always win. When in reality, they have a history very similar to us. Prior to Jackie getting to College Station they were awful, and TX owned them.

parabrave
10-03-2021, 11:32 AM
Thats the problem with TAM. They have never been high and mighty. They are the definition of little brother syndrome. Why they were even in the top 25 after they barely beat Colorado tells you how worthless polls are/

memsu06
10-03-2021, 11:58 AM
I watched some of the video and wow they are out of touch.

They said we weren't a very good football team like we were trash almost. All he looked at was the LSU score. Didn't mention that we basically blew LSU out the entire game just didn't have the points to back it up. We beat Memphis too if not for the officials.

We could be sitting at 5-0 right now very easily, but yeah we're not a good football team.

msudawg1200
10-03-2021, 12:04 PM
TBH with the money, resources, and population advantages they have they shouldn't lose to us or Ole Miss in anything. But they do. A lot.

IMissJack
10-03-2021, 12:08 PM

They said we weren't a very good football team like we were trash almost. All he looked at was the LSU score. Didn't mention that we basically blew LSU out the entire game just didn't have the points to back it up. We beat Memphis too if not for the officials.

We could be sitting at 5-0 right now very easily, but yeah we're not a good football team.

Putting down MSU and Starkville is the salve most SEC west teams use to make themselves feel better when they just realized their season is about to really suck! Bama by 25.

Jack Lambert
10-03-2021, 12:25 PM
May have already been posted but take a listen to this. One of these guys is in full on melt mode as he can't figure out how mighty A and M lost to poor little state. Makes me smile, apparently he hasn't been paying attention since A and M joined but the series has been relatively even head to head and we have been pretty close to them in regards to season success outside of last season. Gotta love it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7NLDqZgG7Lc

We lead the series 8-7 I believe. The thing about them is they have SC mentality with Bama budget.

OLJWales
10-03-2021, 12:33 PM
I hope I don't go to hell enjoying sports anxiety among opponent's fans as much as I do.

FISHDAWG
10-03-2021, 12:46 PM
I hope I don't go to hell enjoying sports anxiety among opponent's fans as much as I do.

Lol ... if so save me a spot because I love it also... especially of the Auburn variety, theirs are sun ripened and dripping with honey

MoreCowbell
10-03-2021, 12:48 PM

You had me until you said we blew LSU out the entire game. I will be honest, there was never a point in that game I thought we were going to win

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 12:55 PM
https://twitter.com/TravisSkol/status/1444649207172845569?s=20

Jack Lambert
10-03-2021, 01:06 PM
Change of topic but Mullen is catching hell on UF message boards.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 01:18 PM
We lead the series 8-7 I believe. The thing about them is they have SC mentality with Bama budget.

8-7 and 4 out of last 6. They should
Be used to losing to us by now!

Jack Lambert
10-03-2021, 01:33 PM
yep that hair lip hippy redneck doesn't know as much about football as he thinks he does. He lives in his little world not realizing that A&M has always been the middle of the pack. They have never been a blue chip program.

WeDemBoyz
10-03-2021, 01:51 PM
Lol ... if so save me a spot because I love it also... especially of the Auburn variety, theirs are sun ripened and dripping with honey

Save me a spot, as well! My personal favorite will always be Mississippi fans misery. Especially, when they have their hopes up like this past weekend. Bammers are fun to follow on Facebook because they feel the need to melt down and post every single drive that doesnt result in 6. Not so much fun to watch them post 35 times the rest of the week after they win by 30

msudawg1200
10-03-2021, 02:28 PM

Mullen is who we knew he was. I tried to tell many of their fans. They told me I was just pissed he left. They admit I was right now. Takes blame for zip and freezes up in big games. Throws players and some staff under the bus. Typical behavior for a narcissist like himself. He'll get Florida 10-2,9-3 but that's it. He's never going to win a championship. That said I'd take him back in a nanosecond.

R2Dawg
10-03-2021, 02:39 PM
8-7 and 4 out of last 6. They should
Be used to losing to us by now!

We have really had a way with them lately. TAMU regarding us is just reading the media talking points - that TAMU and Jimbo is too good to lose to us. Newsflash - they ain't.

TX and OU about to get a shock too. Ain't no weekends off in the SEC.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 02:44 PM
We have really had a way with them lately. TAMU regarding us is just reading the media talking points - that TAMU and Jimbo is too good to lose to us. Newsflash - they ain't.

TX and OU about to get a shock too. Ain't no weekends off in the SEC.

You nailed it brother!

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Mullen is who we knew he was. I tried to tell many of their fans. They told me I was just pissed he left. They admit I was right now. Takes blame for zip and freezes up in big games. Throws players and some staff under the bus. Typical behavior for a narcissist like himself. He'll get Florida 10-2,9-3 but that's it. He's never going to win a championship. That said I'd take him back in a nanosecond.

This. Mullen will always have winning records but he's not a championship coach. Some have it some don't. As one of my uf buddies told me last night it took a generational qb and te for him to go 8-4. Mullen is always gonna win 7-10 games but his trophy case will remain empty.

Mullen's the girl who's just pretty enough to be second runner up

basedog
10-03-2021, 02:52 PM
This. Mullen will always have winning records but he's not a championship coach. Some have it some don't. As one of my uf buddies told me last night it took a generational qb and te for him to go 8-4. Mullen is always gonna win 7-10 games but his trophy case will remain empty.

"Mullen's the girl who's just pretty enough to be second runner up".
Now that made me LOL! In a beauty contest that ain't bad most of the times!!!

R2Dawg
10-03-2021, 02:54 PM

Yep said this many times. He is a good coach, but not a great coach. He can take a program up to a certain level but after that - flatline.

FISHDAWG
10-03-2021, 02:54 PM

Wanna see something funny ... check out his presser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYC5oEYzgsc

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 02:57 PM

Thanks! I thought that was a pretty good one myself!

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 03:01 PM
Yep said this many times. He is a good coach, but not a great coach. He can take a program up to a certain level but after that - flatline.

Yep he has a high floor, low ceiling.

Schultzy
10-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Texas high school football is 7 on 7 with pads.
That?s why the Texas teams recruiting rankings are always over rated; soft players that are all hat and o cattle.

Jack Lambert
10-03-2021, 04:30 PM
Wanna see something funny ... check out his presser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYC5oEYzgsc

He looked like a beat man or post nasal drip.

Lord McBuckethead
10-03-2021, 04:49 PM
We have games that ended 1, 2, 3, and now 4 pts differential.
That alone is a crazy stat.

Dawgology
10-03-2021, 05:44 PM

Yep. That's right especially at a school with a football program with a history like MSU. If he would have stayed and kept is the 7-9 win range with an occassional run at the SEC Champ (which I think we would have the season after he left) then he would have been making at least 5 million with less stress and pressure and would have had a statue put up in his honor when he retired. Instead, he is going to be coaching for his job next season after going 9-3/8-4 this season. A lot of people warned him...a lot...before he left. This is why I wouldn't be suprised to see him jump to the NFL next season.

dawgoneyall
10-03-2021, 06:11 PM
You had me until you said we blew LSU out the entire game. I will be honest, there was never a point in that game I thought we were going to win

Your problem

parabrave
10-03-2021, 06:24 PM
That?s why the Texas teams recruiting rankings are always over rated; soft players that are all hat and o cattle.

Been like that for a decade.

smootness
10-03-2021, 07:25 PM
Kyle Trask is a generational QB?

BulldogBear
10-04-2021, 09:52 AM

Yep, it's a whole football culture problems that starts even as far back as before middle school. All the athletes go on offense. They basically have all this fantastic offense against the worst athletes on the opposing team. It creates a false idea that they are very good. Then if there is a decent defensive player he stands out against all the scrubs, which also could make him look better than he really is. Recruit a D-lineman from a TX HS? No thank you. They will get pushed around by SEC O-lines. It's really more 11 vs 7 with pads.

Been like that for a decade.

I would put that figure more like 2 decades.

Maverick91
10-04-2021, 09:59 AM
https://twitter.com/TravisSkol/status/1444649207172845569?s=20

How in the world is this not getting major attention?

Jack Lambert
10-04-2021, 10:03 AM
How in the world is this not getting major attention?

thing is once you get to a certain level of decimal, anything after that is just mute. 105K or 65K both are going to be loud. I think the advantage for many teams are those stadiums with tall second decks like Kyle Field. They tower over you. Ole Miss Stadium does not do that.

LC Dawg
10-04-2021, 10:18 AM
Kyle Field is the most impressive stadium I've been to but it's definitely not intimidating. I think some of it is because the fans aren't just being fans and going nuts but they're waiting for the next ritualistic cheer to happen. The Aggie fans were great to us when we were there in 2015 though.
Tiger Stadium is by far the loudest stadium I've been in.
Bryant-Denny was the most intimidating to me. Maybe just because it was Bama. And it also is the largest group of dickheads assembled every fall.

IMissJack
10-04-2021, 02:59 PM
thing is once you get to a certain level of decimal, anything after that is just mute. 105K or 65K both are going to be loud. I think the advantage for many teams are those stadiums with tall second decks like Kyle Field. They tower over you. Ole Miss Stadium does not do that.

For the size of our crowds, DWS is pretty dang loud, agree about stadium configuration. I think it helped us when north end zone was bowled in.

Dawg_Lover
10-04-2021, 05:23 PM

Thanks to you Commerce, I now have this image stuck in my mind I cannot get rid of ....

Mullen, in a beauty contest, standing on stage, resplendent with long, bleach blond hair in ringlets, a 5 o-clock shadow, & a big bow plopped on his head. While wobbling around in high heels, knobby knees are visible below the baggy, khaki shorts.

yjnkdawg
10-04-2021, 05:33 PM
Maybe those two dudes don't know that FSU wasn't too sad when Jimbo took the TAMU job. FSU got the coach they had wanted ( Willie Taggart), but it just didn't work out.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2021, 05:56 PM
Thanks to you Commerce, I now have this image stuck in my mind I cannot get rid of ....

Mullen, in a beauty contest, standing on stage, resplendent with long, bleach blond hair in ringlets, a 5 o-clock shadow, & a big bow plopped on his head. While wobbling around in high heels, knobby knees are visible below the baggy, khaki shorts.

Awesome! Now that's funny! And you're welcome!

yjnkdawg
10-04-2021, 06:02 PM

That would make a great YouTube video. :cool:

Dak Holliday
10-05-2021, 08:45 PM
TAMU actually took a step backwards hiring Jimbo. He?s actually 1 game worse over the same period of time with better recruiting classes.
I would love to have seen what we could?ve been under Mullen in 2018, but alas, he felt the pull of the swamp. I was told by a friend that while he?s underachieving just barely from an administration stand point, he won?t survive a third straight loss to UK.

bulldawg28
10-06-2021, 05:44 AM
That would make a great YouTube video. :cool:

TAMU actually took a step backwards hiring Jimbo. He?s actually 1 game worse over the same period of time with better recruiting classes.
I would love to have seen what we could?ve been under Mullen in 2018, but alas, he felt the pull of the swamp. I was told by a friend that while he?s underachieving just barely from an administration stand point, he won?t survive a third straight loss to UK.

No coach can survive a third straight loss against UK. They'll destroy Kentucky next year and fans will forget for another two years.

OLJWales
10-06-2021, 06:13 AM
LMAO at delusional fan bases. Thinking they have some type of right not to suck or lose to teams like STATE. seems like our MS 3 stars have always played well against TX 5 stars.

Dak Holliday
10-06-2021, 10:33 AM
A team of solid 3 stars looking to work hard, develop, and put team before self can beat a team selfish, uncoachable 4-5 stars. The true magic is when you can build a team of hard working, unselfish 4-5 stars, and Saban is the best because he does that.