PDA

View Full Version : You got my attention, Pirate...

CadaverDawg
10-02-2021, 10:44 PM
I don't think A&M is that great with this QB, but I still didn't expect us to move it on their D. We did. Yes, they played more man than most have been, but we still exploited the zone a good bit today too. I'm far from "sold" on Leach here....but he most definitely has my attention at the moment, and I saw some things today that I could get used to.

memsu06
10-02-2021, 10:47 PM
I'm not saying we beat Bama, but proper Air Raid can neutralize Bama's talent.

Our defense isn't going to stop them and I'm sure we screw up on special teams.

I do hope we get Saban frustrated though.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2021, 10:48 PM
CD my man, hope all is well.

shoeless joe
10-02-2021, 10:49 PM
Agreed.

Despite the narrative that some are pushing we moved the ball on the drop 8. Yes several big plays came against man but quite a few big plays were against the zone.

The haters make a few good points, as do the apologists. I’m sittin here…not a huge fan of this style…seein some improvement and hoping we can win some more games.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 10:52 PM
Bama will beat us 42-24, but they're defense will look very ordinary vs us. It's just what this offense does to defenses when they only rush 3 & play on their heels

defiantdog
10-02-2021, 10:58 PM
Bama will beat us 42-24, but they're defense will look very ordinary vs us. It's just what this offense does to defenses when they only rush 3 & play on their heels
Just gotta be patient..... Bama just embarrassed an offense that isn't full of youth like us. We'll need to get confidence early.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 11:00 PM
Just gotta be patient..... Bama just embarrassed an offense that isn't full of youth like us. We'll need to get confidence early.

Agree. I just think this offense puts defenses in really uncomfortable situations

preachermatt83
10-02-2021, 11:58 PM
I’m all in in leach and always have been… BUT, anyone expecting us to even stay close to bama is only setting themselves up for disappointment. They will best us 42-10

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 12:01 AM
I’m all in in leach and always have been… BUT, anyone expecting us to even stay close to bama is only setting themselves up for disappointment. They will best us 42-10

I think we can do better than that, but yeah, we'll lose by a lot

Todd4State
10-03-2021, 01:10 AM
I think we can do better than that, but yeah, we'll lose by a lot

I'll be pleased if we do keep it close with them.

RougeDawg
10-03-2021, 01:16 AM
This offense is difficult to observe at times. When run at a high efficiency it is difficult to stop.

Just have to minimize turnovers and penalties. We have the guys to make it work for now.

Sadly we could be 5-0 right now. Either way there are some positives.

MoreCowbell
10-03-2021, 01:17 AM
Hate to be a Debbie Downer but we played about as perfect as you can and they played horrible and we still barely won. That is what scares me. We are not going to be able to not turn it over every game. It takes such an amazing level of execution to make it work that it almost is not feasible.

That is why you always hear of Leach teams upsetting a team they are not supposed to and losing to a team they are not supposed to.

RougeDawg
10-03-2021, 01:27 AM
Hate to be a Debbie Downer but we played about as perfect as you can and they played horrible and we still barely won. That is what scares me. We are not going to be able to not turn it over every game. It takes such an amazing level of execution to make it work that it almost is not feasible.

That is why you always hear of Leach teams upsetting a team they are not supposed to and losing to a team they are not supposed to.

Nah. You are wrong. Sorry. We dominated them. Maybe you didn’t watch, snd for the sake of your post I hope that’s the case. Put the keyboard away and find a hobby. Pleas.

OLJWales
10-03-2021, 02:00 AM

You don't hate being a Debbie downer. You jerk to it.

MoreCowbell
10-03-2021, 04:54 AM
Nah. You are wrong. Sorry. We dominated them. Maybe you didn’t watch, snd for the sake of your post I hope that’s the case. Put the keyboard away and find a hobby. Pleas.

I just said we played perfectly. Word. For. Word.

MoreCowbell
10-03-2021, 04:54 AM
You don't hate being a Debbie downer. You jerk to it.

Neither of the replies to my post can refute it though

Bass Chaser
10-03-2021, 07:18 AM
Neither of the replies to my post can refute it though

We didn't play anything close to perfectly. We gave up big plays, missed tackles, missed FGs. We tried a 49yard field goal because we had a bunch of offensive penalties. We did play good enough to win.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 07:29 AM
I don't think A&M is that great with this QB, but I still didn't expect us to move it on their D. We did. Yes, they played more man than most have been, but we still exploited the zone a good bit today too. I'm far from "sold" on Leach here....but he most definitely has my attention at the moment, and I saw some things today that I could get used to.

I'm sure Leach appreciates having the attention of someone only when he gets a W when it was pretty damn easy to tell this team was really close before this game.

You'd be better poster if you could see beyond the final score.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 07:32 AM

What's a stupid post.

We missed 2 FGs, dropped a few big play passes, had 20 yards of penalties on a drive to put the game away, and mostly tackled like crap.

We didn't come close to playing our best. I love to hear your process of coming up with that conclusion.

MSU has 5.8 yards per play to their 5.7 and MSU ran 24 more plays then them. Should've been a blowout.

FISHDAWG
10-03-2021, 07:56 AM
What's a stupid post.

We missed 2 FGs, dropped a few big play passes, had 20 yards of penalties on a drive to put the game away, and mostly tackled like crap.

We didn't come close to playing our best. I love to hear your process of coming up with that conclusion.

MSU has 5.8 yards per play to their 5.7 and MSU ran 24 more plays then them. Should've been a blowout.

It's not a stupid post ... if aTm had a QB we would have lost this game... while I understand what Cadaver said I just hope this wasn't an anomaly because if you rewatch the previous games it becomes kind of apparent. I'm also holding out hope for this to work but go back and look at the post after last weeks game and then you fickle wolves will be a little slower to bite someone

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 07:57 AM
It's not a stupid post ... if aTm had a QB we would have lost this game... while I understand what Cadaver said I just hope this wasn't an anomaly because if you rewatch the previous games it becomes kind of apparent. I'm also holding out hope for this to work but go back and look at the post after last weeks game and then you fickle wolves will be a little slower to bite someone

It was absolutely a stupid post to insinuate that we played as well as we could. Silliness

MetEdDawg
10-03-2021, 08:00 AM
It was absolutely a stupid post to insinuate that we played as well as we could. Silliness

2 missed FGs, break down on defense on the QB scramble, additional missed opportunities on offense.

This offense isn't maximized yet. I think it picks up a little speed over the next year and a half as we get more comfortable. But in the SEC, with more athletes on the other side of the ball, we aren't going to see 40+ point games.

We will rely on ball control, taking what's given, and we have to play good defense. These 40-50 point shoot out games aren't going to happen in the SEC. Defenses are too good. So we have to maximize our opportunities because they will be fewer than past Leach offenses.

IMissJack
10-03-2021, 08:13 AM

A&M?s regular starting QB was not looking much better than this one when he went on IR. CO almost beat them. The hype at the beginning of the season saying that A&M was going to challenge Bama was pure junk, and the Aggies licked it up.

basedog
10-03-2021, 08:47 AM
A&M?s regular starting QB was not looking much better than this one when he went on IR. CO almost beat them. The hype at the beginning of the season saying that A&M was going to challenge Bama was pure junk, and the Aggies licked it up.

Yes and not taking away from our win but Jimbo and his Aggies are and were way over rated. Happens a lot in Aggie Land! $9 million dollar contract, wow what a joke!

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-03-2021, 08:53 AM
Come on guys! If Tom Brady would have played for the aggies, they would have won!

TNDawg35
10-03-2021, 08:56 AM
Come on guys! If Tom Brady would have played for the aggies, they would have won!

Yea and if my wife would have DDs I would be having a lot more fun also… (p.s. I am accepting all donations to make this possible…)

BayouDawg
10-03-2021, 08:59 AM
Ive never seen this many of our fans be pissed about a road sec win. Its almost like they would rather see this offense fail than see Mississippi State succeed. Pathetic.

TrapGame
10-03-2021, 09:08 AM
Ive never seen this many of our fans be pissed about a road sec win. Its almost like they would rather see this offense fail than see Mississippi State succeed. Pathetic.

Well, it sucks when your narrative about an offense that's supposedly outdated and archaic gets destroyed against the #15 team in their house. We got some butt hurt "fans" who hate Leach more than they love State.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-03-2021, 09:11 AM
Exactly. Our team made the plays. We beat #15 on the road at night in front of 100,000. Excellent win.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 09:15 AM
2 missed FGs, break down on defense on the QB scramble, additional missed opportunities on offense.

This offense isn't maximized yet. I think it picks up a little speed over the next year and a half as we get more comfortable. But in the SEC, with more athletes on the other side of the ball, we aren't going to see 40+ point games.

We will rely on ball control, taking what's given, and we have to play good defense. These 40-50 point shoot out games aren't going to happen in the SEC. Defenses are too good. So we have to maximize our opportunities because they will be fewer than past Leach offenses.

I think we do start scoring 40 soon. We're close now and we move the ball easily.

DownwardDawg
10-03-2021, 09:20 AM

SEC defenses are not like they used to be. It's gonna like the NFL where it's all about the offense these days. It's completely changed.

Vandownbytheriver
10-03-2021, 11:06 AM

I'm not entirely convinced these guys aren't encouraged to post this stuff just to drive hits. There is no way some of these guys can be that unaware of themselves unless they are classic narcistic gaslighters. If i tell you something enough times it's bound to be true. Or they getting paid. Only two things that make sense.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 01:28 PM
Well, it sucks when your narrative about an offense that's supposedly outdated and archaic gets destroyed against the #15 team in their house. We got some butt hurt "fans" who hate Leach more than they love State.

Yep and it's so unfortunate.

Lord McBuckethead
10-03-2021, 04:50 PM
I don't see us putting up 24 on Bama. I just hope we make a game of it.

R2Dawg
10-03-2021, 05:22 PM

We are just saying we still got a lot to fix before we have arrived. Quit trying to act like we just won the SEC. We are all glad we won and we looked better.

The Leach lovers are trying to say I told you so, Leach is a genius and we are going to beat the blue bloods with what we are doing. Others disagree.

We ain't saying any more than Leach is. He said we have a lot to fix and improve. That is all we are saying. Yall are some real first class fans that just enjoy insulting other MSU fans.

memsu06
10-03-2021, 05:39 PM
Considering COVID last year and the short season with no spring and then finally having a full spring and some games I'm seeing improvement every week.

I know it's typical for a Leach offense to take 2 years to get going and I think we're on track and maybe a little behind where we should be.

From here on out I just want to see some improvement in every game.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 05:48 PM
I don't see us putting up 24 on Bama. I just hope we make a game of it.

It'll be a great test to see where our offense is.

We obviously won't win the game, but putting up 24-30 points would be a big step forward IMO

dawgoneyall
10-03-2021, 06:07 PM

BS.

OLJWales
10-03-2021, 06:18 PM
Yea and if my wife would have DDs I would be having a lot more fun also… (p.s. I am accepting all donations to make this possible…)

If we donate, do we get before-after pics?

Maverick91
10-03-2021, 06:59 PM
It'll be a great test to see where our offense is.

We obviously won't win the game, but putting up 24-30 points would be a big step forward IMO

I don’t remember the last time we put that much on them outside of ‘17.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 08:33 PM
I don’t remember the last time we put that much on them outside of ‘17.

That's the only year I think

It's one of those games where I wish we could just cut the score board off & play.

I just want MSU to worry about MSU in that game. Tackle well, make the routine plays, & block your man. Do that & let's see where we measure up

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 06:52 AM
We sure as hell didn't wrap up well in open field sometimes. Can we hire Smoot to come down and teach that shit? What's this new age shit with defenders flying thru the air like a Scud Missile hoping to hit something?

Extendedcab
10-04-2021, 09:18 AM
We sure as hell didn't wrap up well in open field sometimes. Can we hire Smoot to come down and teach that shit? What's this new age shit with defenders flying thru the air like a Scud Missile hoping to hit something?

LOL, nice analogy!!

confucius say
10-04-2021, 10:27 AM

We missed two fg. Got to their 10 and got no points. And had the worst tackling grade in the arnett era. We were far from perfect. And played a top 3 defense in the league.