PDA

View Full Version : The win tonight absolutely saved the season.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2021, 09:43 PM
We still have a chance to get to 7 wins because Bama is the only game on schedule I look at and it is a lose. I am feeling better.

MetEdDawg
10-02-2021, 09:49 PM
Bama is the only team I think we can't beat. Everyone else is beatable with the execution we had tonight.

Rogers isn't turning it over and you saw some of the anticipation throws tonight. And he challenged deep and it paid off. Big time job by him.

Undervalued part of this team is the trenches. We've whipped TAMU and LSU in back to back weeks on both sides of the ball in the trenches. Hats off to the big uglies up front. Much improved, especially on the OL.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-02-2021, 09:50 PM
We still have a chance to get to 7 wins because Bama is the only game on schedule I look at and it is a lose. I am feeling better.
?Not so fast my friend?......we are due against Bama**

IMissJack
10-02-2021, 10:19 PM
KY will be very tough

Jack Lambert
10-02-2021, 10:28 PM
KY will be very tough

If it's a night game that could possibly be a big crowd.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 10:34 PM
KY will be very tough

They're physical against the run, but if we execute on offense, we should beat them

vindastra
10-03-2021, 12:10 AM
Looks like offense is coming to life. Defense and special teams though :(

maroonmania
10-03-2021, 12:27 AM
They're physical against the run, but if we execute on offense, we should beat them

Yea, we are more vulnerable to passing teams than running teams. That is why we did well tonight and against NC State. That's also why I think of the 4 games that are sort of up in the air (KY, Ark, Aub, OM), OM is probably going to be the hardest to win because they have by far the best passing game of those 4. KY actually has the worst. In fact, they only had 211 yards of total offense against FL tonight. But they are very sound on defense and special teams. If we make our normal goofups they will be hard for us to beat as well.

NCDawg
10-03-2021, 12:35 AM
Does anybody know what happened to Ruiz, and is he expected to return?

Todd4State
10-03-2021, 12:59 AM
Looks like offense is coming to life. Defense and special teams though :(

We need Ruiz back BAD.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 01:02 AM
We need Ruiz back BAD.

Yes we do!

Todd4State
10-03-2021, 01:04 AM
Yea, we are more vulnerable to passing teams than running teams. That is why we did well tonight and against NC State. That's also why I think of the 4 games that are sort of up in the air (KY, Ark, Aub, OM), OM is probably going to be the hardest to win because they have by far the best passing game of those 4. KY actually has the worst. In fact, they only had 211 yards of total offense against FL tonight. But they are very sound on defense and special teams. If we make our normal goofups they will be hard for us to beat as well.

I agree. Leach's teams typically improve throughout the year. I think that happens for us too. I hope so at least. Regardless, the key for us is to not turn the ball over. We gifted LSU points because of a fumble and us leaping the punt shield on fourth down which to me is technically a turnover.

Dawgology
10-03-2021, 01:59 AM

Absolutely. Finding 3 wins instead of 4 on the back end of the schedule is much more achievable. But it kind of grind my gears looking at what this season could have been with a few less bonehead plays and execution against LSU and Mem. The team seems to be trending positive and getting their feet under them.

Todd4State
10-03-2021, 02:22 AM
Absolutely. Finding 3 wins instead of 4 on the back end of the schedule is much more achievable. But it kind of grind my gears looking at what this season could have been with a few less bonehead plays and execution against LSU and Mem. The team seems to be trending positive and getting their feet under them.

I'm not faulting the team for losing to Memphis. I'm faulting Marc Curles.

Dawgface
10-03-2021, 07:16 AM
Nothing that can be done about previous losses. At least this win gives us a chance to make it to a bowl.