PDA

View Full Version : I must eat a little crow about Will Rogers

Bothrops
10-02-2021, 09:28 PM
He played exceptionally well and handled a lot of pressure tonight in the loudest stadium. Hat's off to Will Rogers. Great win and a great football day altogether!

msstate7
10-02-2021, 09:29 PM
Didn't see but parts, but his stat line was great. Big win

SilentSteel16
10-02-2021, 09:30 PM
At least you can admit it. Always a good first step. Everyone ripping on this kid needs to open their eyes.

TNDawg35
10-02-2021, 09:30 PM
He played really well tonight! He finally started pushing the ball downfield and not checking down every play. His timing tonight was way better than what it had been.

Just keep taking steps forward. That is one of the best defenses we will see all year. They were ranked #4 against the pass and top 10 against the run and we hunt 27 on them…

Excellent win all around…

PGHBulldogBG
10-02-2021, 09:34 PM
Anyone who can?t see Will played great tonight has an agenda. Leach called a great game and Will played great. I am starting to believe this can work if ran correctly

Turfdawg67
10-02-2021, 09:35 PM
Didn't see but parts, but his stat line was great. Big win

But how's his QBR and YPR???

Dawgface
10-02-2021, 09:36 PM
He did play well. And did you see his interview after the game? What a good kid he is.....

TrapGame
10-02-2021, 09:41 PM
Gene Chizik coached against Leach as DC of Texas. He said the Air Raid works on any defense whether you drop 8, drop 7, or drop 6. It's up to the QB to find the space his guy has occupied. When it's clicking on all cylinders it's tough to stop.

Will is quickly figuring it out now. He's moving at the speed of the game now. He sees the his guys open and isn't hesitating like he used to. Big time performance tonight.

chef dixon
10-02-2021, 09:43 PM
Best game he's played. Also impressed by his interview. Hell he even scrambled twice today

Jack Lambert
10-02-2021, 09:44 PM
Best game he's played. Also impressed by his interview. Hell he even scrambled twice today

Probably the cleanest game all around this season.

trob115
10-02-2021, 10:27 PM
If 2 plays this well the first 4 games, we are 5-0. I'm glad to see him making improvements. He finally saw the open receivers down field that he had been missing.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2021, 10:33 PM
Gene Chizik coached against Leach as DC of Texas. He said the Air Raid works on any defense whether you drop 8, drop 7, or drop 6. It's up to the QB to find the space his guy has occupied. When it's clicking on all cylinders it's tough to stop.

Will is quickly figuring it out now. He's moving at the speed of the game now. He sees the his guys open and isn't hesitating like he used to. Big time performance tonight.

Chiziks right. Of course any offense or any defense can work against any scheme if executed properly. That's why I've never bought into the "this is all you have to do to stop this offense" stuff. Everything is about execution.

msstate7
10-03-2021, 08:14 AM
But how's his QBR and YPR???

Qbr and passer rating now 6th in sec. Amazing how the offense looks much better as those stats improve, right? Yds/att up a full yard from last year.

Will has made good progress. Still not sold he's the qb next season, but the improvement is real. Good job, will

basedog
10-03-2021, 08:42 AM
Qbr and passer rating now 6th in sec. Amazing how the offense looks much better as those stats improve, right? Yds/att up a full yard from last year.

Will has made good progress. Still not sold he's the qb next season, but the improvement is real. Good job, will

Anytime a player is moving in the right direction and you win it's hard to replace. Will is growing up. I hope he stays healthy.

Saltydog
10-03-2021, 07:55 PM
He's your QB! Get use to it! He's getting better and will be fine!

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 08:01 PM
Anytime a player is moving in the right direction and you win it's hard to replace. Will is growing up. I hope he stays healthy.

Well said.

Catfish
10-03-2021, 09:03 PM
So is Will a sophomore or a covid freshman?

1bigdawg
10-04-2021, 04:32 AM
So is Will a sophomore or a covid freshman?

Yes.

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 06:11 AM
He did play well. And did you see his interview after the game? What a good kid he is.....

Loved that Cross under his eye . he's a player and fine young man.

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 06:13 AM

You may consider buying. Will's not giving up his spot without a tough fight.

Lord McBuckethead
10-04-2021, 05:06 PM
Anyone who can?t see Will played great tonight has an agenda. Leach called a great game and Will played great. I am starting to believe this can work if ran correctly

Other than the fade from the 3 yard line, he called a good game.

Seriosly, every other team play actions with a TE running a shallow out route towards the pylon. Not us. Blind fade into the back of the end zone.

Dak Holliday
10-06-2021, 10:43 AM
I?ll take my crow on a taco, but to be fair, my biggest issue and I think most people?s with Will has always been the promise of Robertson.