PDA

View Full Version : Rogers is better than Corral

Hambone
10-02-2021, 08:16 PM
Just wanted to start a thread to piss off the little brothers up north.

Will is looking DAMN GOOD tonight.

viverlibre
10-02-2021, 08:28 PM
Just wanted to start a thread to piss off the little brothers up north.

Will is looking DAMN GOOD tonight.

If he had any wheels whatsoever, he put a ton a pressure on the D.

DownwardDawg
10-02-2021, 08:33 PM
He looks great to me. I haven't seen much this year due to health issues but I'm finally watching a little football. He looks very solid but I wish he would run the ball some. I've seen multiple plays where he could have easily ran for 10 or more yards.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2021, 09:46 PM
Rogers is a smarter and more skilled QB but Corral makes up for in his athletics.

MaroonFlounder
10-02-2021, 11:13 PM
He looks great to me. I haven't seen much this year due to health issues but I'm finally watching a little football. He looks very solid but I wish he would run the ball some. I've seen multiple plays where he could have easily ran for 10 or more yards.

I'm ok with him not running much. If he gets injured, we in trouble.

Hambone
10-02-2021, 11:46 PM
I think the more impressive thing to me is there were a legit 4 more completions that could have been made. Hell, he could have been over 500 tonight if those were caught.

Damn impressive regardless

defiantdog
10-02-2021, 11:46 PM
He's better than Corral was at his age.

OLJWales
10-03-2021, 04:13 AM
Corral stalks the sideline like a street thug after getting screwed on dime bag.

SailingDawg
10-03-2021, 10:39 AM
Corral stalks the sideline like a street thug after getting screwed on dime bag.

I mean, that's probably what happened to the Cali boy on the Mississippi streets.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 02:20 PM

Man you don't know how close you are to being right. He has very sordid past and that's being kind

Saltydog
10-03-2021, 02:26 PM
I think he's Laines love child! Anyone see that ESPN piece on the two yesterday?

R2Dawg
10-03-2021, 02:56 PM
I'm not sure who is better but Coral is all over the place mentally, Will has a solid base. Different skill sets. Both are talented.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure who is better but Coral is all over the place mentally, Will has a solid base. Different skill sets. Both are talented.

Good post. Very accurate

FISHDAWG
10-03-2021, 03:06 PM

Still praying for you Dawg ... mine went better than hoped for and now I'm much more mindful to others

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 03:09 PM
Good post. Very accurate

Will is good for what we ask him to do. Corral is good for anything that he could be asked to do.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 03:17 PM
Will is good for what we ask him to do. Corral is good for anything that he could be asked to do.

Well let me put it this way. Corral is more athletic and more raw talent than Tom Brady but he will never ever be a Brady(and by no means am I saying Will is equal to Brady) just saying raw talent and athleticism doesn't make you better at a postion(it obviously helps but is not the be all, end all). Let's see how their careers play out and then we can really compare. Yes I agree corral has more raw athletcism BUT.that isn't everything. Will is further ahead mentally and in football iq

HancockCountyDog
10-03-2021, 03:22 PM

At this point it?s time to just to accept that Will is good and he is great in this offense.

Leroy Jenkins
10-03-2021, 03:23 PM
If Corral had Will's head on his shoulders he would be legendary. The same goes if you give Will Corral's arm.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 03:25 PM
If Corral had Will's head on his shoulders he would be legendary. The same goes if you give Will Corral's arm.

Yep this.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 03:28 PM
At this point it?s time to just to accept that Will is good and he is great in this offense.

He is. One guy is a 1st rounder though & the other will just hope to get drafted in 5 years

SilentSteel16
10-03-2021, 04:07 PM
Gun, you seriously don’t think A 4year SEC starter who throws 40 times a game will get drafted? Yes I said 4 years because that is what he will be unless he goes earlier. This is year 2 by the way.

SilentSteel16
10-03-2021, 04:08 PM
And not only throws 40 times a game but hits on 80 percent of those passes…

Todd4State
10-03-2021, 04:10 PM

I don't know about that. I've heard that Kiffin has to simplify things a lot for Corral. Like everything is basically one read and then run if it isn't there. That kind of makes me wonder if he can handle a NFL offense.

Todd4State
10-03-2021, 04:12 PM
Gun, you seriously don’t think A 4year SEC starter who throws 40 times a game will get drafted? Yes I said 4 years because that is what he will be unless he goes earlier. This is year 2 by the way.

Will may not be drafted. It depends on how much he develops physically the next couple of years.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 04:15 PM
I don't know about that. I've heard that Kiffin has to simplify things a lot for Corral. Like everything is basically one read and then run if it isn't there. That kind of makes me wonder if he can handle a NFL offense.

Corral is another Chad Kelly, Jordan Taamu, Shea Patterson, Bo Wallace. Lather rinse repeat

Everything being said about corral was said about them. They're system qbs that have some talent that never translates to the nfl

SilentSteel16
10-03-2021, 04:16 PM
You are out of your minds if you dont think a Sean Peyton, Kingsbury, Tomlin or Shannahan would absolutely love to have a QB that throws 80 percent of his passes complete plus still hits for 250-300 yds on average. Not to mention protects the football. You all just keep knocking the kid and he will continue to have these “everything went right games.” The kid is a gamer and if he stays healthy will set every passing record known to man at State and possibly NCAA.

If I were a coach give me consistency over high powered with a low ignition rate EVERYDAY.

SilentSteel16
10-03-2021, 04:17 PM
By the way some of you interpret Rogers ability it makes it sound like the Clarion Ledger has a bunch of new writers to choose from.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 04:30 PM
Gun, you seriously don?t think A 4year SEC starter who throws 40 times a game will get drafted? Yes I said 4 years because that is what he will be unless he goes earlier. This is year 2 by the way.

He could stay for 5 years since last year was free. He could be in year 2 of 5

He could "Stat" his way into being draft, but it won't be due to pure talent.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 04:31 PM

Maybe. I realize you guys rest most of your Corral opinion on him being an idiot, but I simply don't have that information, don't know the kid, & thus cannot include that info in the way I see him

SilentSteel16
10-03-2021, 04:32 PM
So let’s make it a 5 year starter which means he beats out everyone else including the savior Sawyer for those many years. With that being said you don’t think a 5 year Sec starter gets drafted ?

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 04:32 PM
Everything being said about corral was said about them.

Nah

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 04:33 PM
So let’s make it a 5 year starter which means he beats out everyone else including the savior Sawyer for those many years. With that being said you don’t think a 5 year Sec starter gets drafted ?

Again, he may "Stat" his way into getting drafted late. He'll need to develop though

Todd4State
10-03-2021, 04:38 PM
Corral is another Chad Kelly, Jordan Taamu, Shea Patterson, Bo Wallace. Lather rinse repeat

Everything being said about corral was said about them. They're system qbs that have some talent that never translates to the nfl
The amazing thing is it always seems to work out for them. I would think that you get that many head cases at least one would implode very badly.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 04:39 PM
Nah

Yeah. Go find some YouTube videos and listen for yourself it's all there my man. You're wrong about this.

Todd4State
You are out of your minds if you dont think a Sean Peyton, Kingsbury, Tomlin or Shannahan would absolutely love to have a QB that throws 80 percent of his passes complete plus still hits for 250-300 yds on average. Not to mention protects the football. You all just keep knocking the kid and he will continue to have these “everything went right games.” The kid is a gamer and if he stays healthy will set every passing record known to man at State and possibly NCAA.

If I were a coach give me consistency over high powered with a low ignition rate EVERYDAY.

I just think it's too soon to know at this point because he is still developing. I wouldn't say that's a knock on him.

ShotgunDawg
The amazing thing is it always seems to work out for them. I would think that you get that many head cases at least one would implode very badly.

This is the thing that drives me crazy. They've recruited head case after head case & it's yet to catch up with them.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 04:40 PM
You're wrong about this.

Well I never said those things about those players & I trust what I see more than youtube videos

Kelly was actually super talented, but he couldn't keep it together. I think he'd be an NFL starter if he had a few brain cells. Very talented

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 04:43 PM
Well I never said those things about those players & I trust what I see more than youtube videos

Kelly was actually super talented, but he couldn't keep it together. I think he'd be an NFL starter if he had a few brain cells. Very talented

Never said you said them I said the same things were said about them. Scouts, announcers, analysts said EXACTLY the same things. Corral will bust just like the others because he has a ten cent head, is a one read qb, and has some very personal issues in his background that will cause problems.

Todd4State
10-03-2021, 04:43 PM
Maybe. I realize you guys rest most of your Corral opinion on him being an idiot, but I simply don't have that information, don't know the kid, & thus cannot include that info in the way I see him

The NFL will find out. I think he comes out and his stock drops because of it. He has arm talent and is athletically good enough. But the NFL will eat a player like that alive. See Ryan Leaf. And if he has off the field issues that's a major concern because the QB is the face of the franchise in the NFL. It's easy to contain stuff in Oxford where literally everyone is an Ole Miss fan and the town is small. That's not the case in a NFL city.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 04:45 PM

And im talking about YouTube videos from actual analysts and scouts who know way more about football that you do. You're very good with baseball but your football analysis isn't quite as good.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 04:50 PM
And im talking about YouTube videos from actual analysts and scouts who know way more about football that you do. You're very good with baseball but your football analysis isn't quite as good.

Ok. I think you're bad with all of them

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 04:52 PM

Well I was being kind to you, guess no reason to be kind anymore. Good to know thanks.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 04:53 PM
Well I was being kind to you, guess no reason to be kind anymore. Good to know thanks.

Well you insulted me, so I was honest back. You don't know shit about evaluating players & it comes through.

Again, you insulted me first bud.

you play this nice guy act, but have no experience, while acting like you do.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2021, 04:59 PM
Well you insulted me, so I was honest back. You don't know shit about evaluating players & it comes through.

Hahahahaha! Ok. You're always dead on with your takes*****

Sorry but Ive been every bit as accurate as you over the years.

SilentSteel16
10-03-2021, 05:00 PM
Insulted you because frankly some of the things you say are idiotic. I just chalk it up as bad Koolaid or something sometimes.

You do nothing but knock a QB and every chance you get you prop up other players. Corral is not one of those that will make it on his own accord. Yes he will be drafted. But much like Commerce was saying, he will end up just like the other QBs out of Ole Miss not named Manning.

Commerce is one of the most respected people on here and if you start pointing fingers just be prepared because some of the stuff you have said in the past just does not make sense. Something about being made of rubber and glue keeps coming to mind. Can?t remember exactly how it goes.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 05:02 PM
Sorry but Ive been every bit as accurate as you over the years.

Uh no. Not close. Keep making crap up though

you can tell you have no process to evaluate.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 05:03 PM
Insulted you because frankly some of the things you say are idiotic. I just chalk it up as bad Koolaid or something sometimes.

You do nothing but knock a QB and every chance you get you prop up other players. Corral is not one of those that will make it on his own accord. Yes he will be drafted. But much like Commerce was saying, he will end up just like the other QBs out of Ole Miss not named Manning.

Commerce is one of the most respected people on here and if you start pointing fingers just be prepared because some of the stuff you have said in the past just does not make sense. Something about being made of rubber and glue keeps coming to mind. Can?t remember exactly how it goes.

Believe what you want man.

SilentSteel16
Just want to point something out…. You are calling someone an idiot yet your little picture there has a BASEBALL emblem on a football helmet.

ShotgunDawg
Just want to point something out…. You are calling someone an idiot yet your little picture there has a BASEBALL emblem on a football helmet.

Sounds good.

BeardoMSU
10-03-2021, 05:07 PM

https://c.tenor.com/z2h0Dt_EfR8AAAAM/succession-logan.gif

R2Dawg
10-03-2021, 05:14 PM
He could stay for 5 years since last year was free. He could be in year 2 of 5

He could "Stat" his way into being draft, but it won't be due to pure talent.

What QB stats their way into the draft? Not sure I've seen that before. The NFL guys evaluate talent, not sure they care about your old stats.

Will's measurables don't help him but not sure his stats will get him in the league.

ShotgunDawg
10-03-2021, 05:16 PM
What QB stats their way into the draft? Not sure I've seen that before. The NFL guys evaluate talent, not sure they care about your old stats.

Will's measurables don't help him but not sure his stats will get him in the league.

Mostly agree, but when he's the all time leader passer in the SEC after 5 years, some team may just take a flyer in the 7th round

TUSK
10-03-2021, 11:49 PM
Mostly agree, but when he's the all time leader passer in the SEC after 5 years, some team may just take a flyer in the 7th round

I dunno, 'Gun, I'm really concerned that his gyrational in-flux mesh point isn't completely in sync with the apex of his delivery...

js

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 06:20 AM
I dunno, 'Gun, I'm really concerned that his gyrational in-flux mesh point isn't completely in sync with the apex of his delivery...

js

And the Bamer dude comes in with wisdom and humor as usual. Well played.

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 06:27 AM

Come on Shotgun. Commerce has plenty of experience and sometimes brings solid first hand knowledge.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2021, 07:16 AM
Come on Shotgun. Commerce has plenty of experience and sometimes brings solid first hand knowledge.

Commerce is a good dude. We just had a misunderstanding. All better now

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 07:59 AM

HAIL STATE!

Commercecomet24
10-04-2021, 08:31 AM

Yep it's all good. As Gun said just a little misunderstanding as sometimes happens In this type of forum. We got it worked out.

OLJWales
10-04-2021, 10:23 AM
Yep it's all good. As Gun said just a little misunderstanding as sometimes happens In this type of forum. We got it worked out.

Don't y'all go gittin no room now!!! LOL

Commercecomet24
10-04-2021, 10:29 AM
Don't y'all go gittin no room now!!! LOL

LOL! No worries there! I like Gun, but not that much.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-04-2021, 12:42 PM

I haven't liked Corral ever since I heard he got in fight with Wayne Gretzky son. I was a big Gretzky fan.

yjnkdawg
10-04-2021, 05:16 PM
I haven't liked Corral ever since I heard he got in fight with Wayne Gretzky son. I was a big Gretzky fan.

I never have liked Corral either, as an OM player (I don't know him personally) and I thought once he got on campus something would blow up and he would end up being off their team sooner than later. I guess those comments I see nothing, hear nothing, or nothing to see here work in OM's case or maybe he has reformed. Who knows?

yjnkdawg
10-04-2021, 05:48 PM

Head cases are very well taken care at OM if they can help their football program ( (especially if they are your starting quarterback). If one is not needed or doesn't help their football program then bye.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2021, 05:52 PM
Head cases are very well taken care at OM if they can help their football program ( (especially if they are your starting quarterback). If one is not needed or doesn't help their football program then bye.

This is truth.

Hambone
10-04-2021, 08:24 PM

Jerrell Powe says hi.

Except, he spelled it hye

Commercecomet24
10-04-2021, 08:28 PM
Jerrell Powe says hi.

In crayon too.

coachnorm
10-04-2021, 09:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXW9MLjIK6E

Sometimes the receivers determine the better quarterback. #10 gets to shine by defeating a small defensive back and failed to dominate and win the contested catch. Go to timeline 56.57 thru 57.22 on the Youtube link and notice the receiver elevate over a small defender out of position and get two hands on the ball and not secure it to the ground. Ole Miss serves this type of pass all the time but their receivers will pin the ball to their body and go to the ground with two hands on the football. How do you determine the better quarterback when both throw the same pass and one set of receivers will go to the ground with two hands on the ball and the others will not? Check out the video in slow motion and ponder this statement.

yjnkdawg
10-04-2021, 10:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXW9MLjIK6E

Sometimes the receivers determine the better quarterback. #10 gets to shine by defeating a small defensive back and failed to dominate and win the contested catch. Go to timeline 56.57 thru 57.22 on the Youtube link and notice the receiver elevate over a small defender out of position and get two hands on the ball and not secure it to the ground. Ole Miss serves this type of pass all the time but their receivers will pin the ball to their body and go to the ground with two hands on the football. How do you determine the better quarterback when both throw the same pass and one set of receivers will go to the ground with two hands on the ball and the others will not? Check out the video in slow motion and ponder this statement.

Yeah I agree. OM receivers go up for a ball, with the thinking it's their ball and it's nobody else's and they secure the ball, and you aren't going to take it away from them either. And this mentality and thinking just didn't start after Kiffin and Lebby arrived.

yjnkdawg
10-04-2021, 10:19 PM
Jerrell Powe says hi.

LOL Yep... That's why I said "especially" starting quarterbacks but there have been others besides starting quarterbacks for sure.

DownwardDawg
10-05-2021, 10:06 AM

Wow. Relax Francis!!!

MaroonFlounder
10-06-2021, 02:39 PM
LOL! No worries there! I like Gun, but not that much.

I guy with over 36 THOUSAND comments CAN'T be wrong*************

Maverick91
10-06-2021, 02:46 PM
Uh no. Not close. Keep making crap up though

you can tell you have no process to evaluate.

Gun - its a message board! Nobody comes on here giving out their credentials. For any of us to sit here and say anyone else is wack is dumb. We can say opinions are wack, You do say something that are kinda out of left field, that fine. We all say crap out of left field. That's the beauty of being a message board warrior that makes no difference whether our team does well or not.

OLJWales
10-06-2021, 07:18 PM

I think it was worse than
Typical fisticuffs. Matt just ain't normal folk.

coachkmb14
10-07-2021, 07:33 AM
The sky is blue, the sun is hot....been saying this all year. Corral showed a lot in the 2018 Egg Bowl when he tried to fight without a helmet....not going to be there when the chips are down.

Hambone
10-07-2021, 05:44 PM
If IF Will puts up impressive #s vs Bama would we have to go 9-3 for him to have a chance at a Heisman invite?

Like 340 yards 3 TD’s and maybe 1 or 2 picks?

No, not saying he would win and I don’t think it’s possible for much of anyone to look “good” against Bama, but just wondering out loud.

Todd4State
10-07-2021, 05:55 PM
If IF Will puts up impressive #s vs Bama would we have to go 9-3 for him to have a chance at a Heisman invite?

Like 340 yards 3 TD’s and maybe 1 or 2 picks?

No, not saying he would win and I don’t think it’s possible for much of anyone to look “good” against Bama, but just wondering out loud.

No. Maybe if we were undefeated. This makes me hate Marc Curles that much more.

Todd4State
10-07-2021, 05:58 PM
LOL Yep... That's why I said "especially" starting quarterbacks but there have been others besides starting quarterbacks for sure.

When was the last time they had a player get in some kind of trouble that was reported by the news? Sam Williams with whatever he did to his girlfriend?

I'm sure the team has been innocent little Boy Scouts the whole time since 2015.**

BrunswickDawg
10-07-2021, 07:01 PM
When was the last time they had a player get in some kind of trouble that was reported by the news? Sam Williams with whatever he did to his girlfriend?

I'm sure the team has been innocent little Boy Scouts the whole time since 2015.**

At the Land of Misfit Toys Reform School, players only get in trouble prior to enrollment, not after.

Commercecomet24
10-07-2021, 07:12 PM
At the Land of Misfit Toys Reform School, players only get in trouble prior to enrollment, not after.

Amazing how they all of a sudden become choir boys up there ain't it? Apparently om has the greatest reform program on the face of the earth, lol.

Hambone
10-07-2021, 09:41 PM
Ole Miss is to transfer players as coaches are to Alabama…….

OLJWales
10-08-2021, 07:20 AM

Lol and true.