PDA

View Full Version : A&M finding out what happens when

Coach34
10-02-2021, 07:34 PM
you dont play the Prevent against the Airbone. Keep up with the stemming and zone blitzes. Gonna get get your ass beat

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 07:44 PM
You still hate this offense?

I think it's the best thing we've ever run. It neutralizes talent due to no pass rush

HoopsDawg
10-02-2021, 07:46 PM
you dont play the Prevent against the Airbone. Keep up with the stemming and zone blitzes. Gonna get get your ass beat

What are they thinking? Worst game plan since UGA last year.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 07:48 PM
What are they thinking? Worst game plan since UGA last year.

Complain about this scheme & then say out loud "We force top 10 recruiters to play 17ing prevent defense to beat us"

Coach34
10-02-2021, 07:51 PM
It bothers me that 1 defense is the achilles heel that stops this offense.

It makes me laugh A&M is too hardheaded to do it. I love when coaches that try to show people they can do it their way by God get what they deserve

HoopsDawg
10-02-2021, 07:52 PM
Complain about this scheme & then say out loud "We force top 10 recruiters to play 17ing prevent defense to beat us"

You are on one of your swings tonight. You may be making another point in 5 minutes. There are some good things about Leach and the scheme if he would make some adjustments. But he has not been willing to do so.

Coach34
10-02-2021, 07:54 PM
You are on one of your swings tonight. You may be making another point in 5 minutes. There are some good things about Leach and the scheme if he would make some adjustments. But he has not been willing to do so.

This

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2021, 09:38 PM
Coach they rushed 3 far more than they brought 5. To me a 4 man pressure is not a blitz. We saw the drop 8 and we beat it. We are also the only reason the game was close

BayouDawg
10-02-2021, 09:40 PM
They played a lot of drop 8. But dont let those pesky facts mess up the agenda.

Turfdawg67
10-02-2021, 09:41 PM
Coach they rushed 3 far more than they brought 5. To me a 4 man pressure is not a blitz. We saw the drop 8 and we beat it. We are also the only reason the game was close

No, no... that would go against 34/Hoops/Home's agenda...

BayouDawg
10-02-2021, 09:42 PM
And the times they did come out of the drop 8 was after we were killing them all the way down the field.

Coach34
10-02-2021, 09:42 PM

Wrong. They played a 3 to 4 man front and alot of man underneath. And they paid the price for it

BayouDawg
10-02-2021, 09:43 PM
Wrong. They played a 3 to 4 man front and alot of man underneath. And they paid the price for it

Keep saying it enough times and it will make it true. In your own mind I suppose

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-02-2021, 09:44 PM
They tried 3-8 several times. But they were sloppy, Will is quicker to get the ball out, and WRs are better at finding grass. So we threw them out of it amd they tried 4 men pressures and man to man. They tried to confuse us but when you run the same play vs any defense there's not much confusion to be made lol

HoopsDawg
10-02-2021, 09:45 PM
No, no... that would go against 34/Hoops/Home's agenda...

What agenda could we possibly have other than wanting MSU to be good? We lost to Memphis for goodness sake! Sorry we live rent free in your head. Try and enjoy the win. I know I am.

BayouDawg
10-02-2021, 09:47 PM
What agenda could we possibly have other than wanting MSU to be good? We lost to Memphis for goodness sake! Sorry we live rent free in your head. Try and enjoy the win. I know I am.

The agenda is that it seems several on here would rather mike leach fail than see state succeed.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-02-2021, 09:53 PM
The agenda is that it seems several on here would rather mike leach fail than see state succeed.

State gets a top 15 win on the road vs a team with top 10 talent, and the offense was the reason we won moreso than the D.

C34 comes here and says what? Good game? That the air raid can work? Nope- that A&M just messed up their gameplan.

He'd rather us win because of other teams being stubborn than us win because we are good. But 100% he'd rather us lose than admit he was wrong

I'll never forget last year when he counted Costellos pic 6s against our defenses points allowed state. I pointed that out, and he said pic 6s were still on the defense because once the ball is picked the "offense becomes the defense". I knew then what a joke he was

parabrave
10-02-2021, 09:53 PM

On 2 of our TDs TAN cood went man to man. Even the announcers were dumbfounded that he did that. We won and believe it or not most of us predicted that we will win this game because of 2 things. 1. AM has no offense and we would not be playing from behind and 2 AMs defense was not as good as advertised. I hope Will has his health ins policy paid up because Bamas defense is going to be beating up bad.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-02-2021, 09:56 PM
Bama defense beats up every State O. Even Dak threw 3 pics in 14 and got slaughtered in 15.tell me what's new?

MrCoachKlein
10-02-2021, 09:57 PM
We forced them into man then beat that worse than their prevent.

MrCoachKlein
10-02-2021, 09:58 PM
On 2 of our TDs TAN cood went man to man. Even the announcers were dumbfounded that he did that. We won and believe it or not most of us predicted that we will win this game because of 2 things. 1. AM has no offense and we would not be playing from behind and 2 AMs defense was not as good as advertised. I hope Will has his health ins policy paid up because Bamas defense is going to be beating up bad.

They weren't dumbfounded. The whole game they were saying they've got to do something, but MSU is beating the blitz. They were dumbfounded on how to stop it.

Coach34
10-02-2021, 10:00 PM
They weren't dumbfounded. The whole game they were saying they've got to do something, but MSU is beating the blitz. They were dumbfounded on how to stop it.

exactly. Why in the hell were they blitzing? They played stupid.

BayouDawg
10-02-2021, 10:02 PM

They blitzed because we had all day to throw and were marching down the field.

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2021, 10:03 PM

Ok. I mean I know the kid personally who game planned and just played the game we watched from the couch. But ok. They played an L

Quaoarsking
We get a huge win and all Сuntch34 can do is come on here and tell us how we should have lost but the other team was stupid.

Homedawg

I sent my group a message- why in the hell is A&M playing any man much less this much. Proved stupid.

HoopsDawg
10-02-2021, 10:04 PM
I sent my group a message- why in the hell is A&M playing any man much less this much. Proved stupid.

UGA did the same thing last year. Oh well, I'll take it.

basedog
10-02-2021, 10:04 PM

The play that bothered me was the attempt for a 49 yard FG. That kid has no confidence, he missed one earlier. The Lirate should have punted, no sense to attempt that, make them go at least 80 yards.

But I like all I'm glad we pulled this off. Winning on the road in the Sec is a tough thing unless u are Bama.

Homedawg
10-02-2021, 10:05 PM
We get a huge win and all Сuntch34 can do is come on here and tell us how we should have lost but the other team was stupid.

He started this post before the half was over......

BuckyIsAB****
At some point all zones turn into man unless you are still doing the country cover 3 and 4. We saw the drop 8 and beat it. Perimeter game and 24 and 85 are drop 8 killers

BayouDawg

I think we threw them out of the drop 8 personally. And really they only played man on the outside. Middle was still zone.

Homedawg
10-02-2021, 10:06 PM
The play that bothered me was the attempt for a 49 yard FG. That kid has no confidence, he missed one earlier. The Lirate should have punted, no sense to attempt that, make them go at least 80 yards.

But I like all I'm glad we pulled this off. Winning on the road in the Sec is a tough thing unless u are Bama.

Punt? So the difference in field position is 14 yards or up to 32 w a perfect punt. W a chance at 3 points. No. Punting wasn't an option.

MetEdDawg
10-02-2021, 10:07 PM
They blitzed because we had all day to throw and were marching down the field.

This is the thing that's going unnoticed. Will has all day to pick teams apart because the OL is giving him great protection. Chizik gave some great commentary post game about the offense and why it works.

We are seeing the beginning phases of how important OL play and timing/repetition are for this offense.

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2021, 10:07 PM
This game should not have been as close as it was. We have some stuff to fix and we won. That is a coaches dream situation

Quaoarsking
10-02-2021, 10:08 PM
He started this post before the half was over......

He's still posting in the thread the same points. You're really defending him?

chef dixon
10-02-2021, 10:09 PM
Punt? So the difference in field position is 14 yards or up to 32 w a perfect punt. W a chance at 3 points. No. Punting wasn't an option.

Everyone with a pulse knew that kick had zero chance

HoopsDawg
10-02-2021, 10:09 PM
This game should not have been as close as it was. We have some stuff to fix and we won. That is a coaches dream situation

Your son is playing good ball. Shotgun owes him an apology.

basedog
10-02-2021, 10:10 PM

No way that kid was going to make it, that's all I'm saying but maybe we down the ball inside the 10? Just saying.
I'm glad we won, but game management helps.

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2021, 10:10 PM
Your son is playing good ball. Shotgun owes him an apology.

Not my son. But yes. He is a winner always has been

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-02-2021, 10:16 PM
Everyone with a pulse knew that kick had zero chance

He had plenty of leg, it was just wide. If a kicker has the leg there's always a chance he'll make it

IMissJack
10-02-2021, 10:18 PM

Well next week they find out what happens when Jimbo gives Saban bulletin board material in the off season.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 10:18 PM

The splits spread the defense out so much that when they blitz or bring more, Will picks them apart

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 10:20 PM

We should've scored 40 vs LSU & A&M

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 10:21 PM
Not my son. But yes. He is a winner always has been

I already apologized. You were right. He's really good. Now that our OL does it's job & there is some timing with the WRs, Will is shining. I'm excited

defiantdog
10-02-2021, 10:24 PM
He had plenty of leg, it was just wide. If a kicker has the leg there's always a chance he'll make it
Young kicker..... Kid will work the nerves out eventually. He's got a leg.

Matt3467
10-02-2021, 10:37 PM
Reading over on the A&M forum and they're complaining about their D rushing 3 and dropping 8 all night.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 10:45 PM
Reading over on the A&M forum and they're complaining about their D rushing 3 and dropping 8 all night.

Yup. Here's the link

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3234173

thf24
10-02-2021, 10:48 PM
I'm interested to see how long it takes you wannabes to stop pretending we don't have an answer for the 3-8 when executing consistently and just start ignoring any mention of it altogether.

MrCoachKlein
10-02-2021, 10:54 PM
Don't you guys realize this will never work against the big boys? D line talent is just too much in the SEC. Our splits are too wide. ***

Bdawg
10-02-2021, 10:54 PM

He just trying prep everyone so he will have a narrative to fit his normal Sunday post. They rushed 3 plenty tonight.

MrCoachKlein
10-02-2021, 11:00 PM
He just trying prep everyone so he will have a narrative to fit his normal Sunday post. They rushed 3 plenty tonight.

Wishbone2020. Throwing for 408 yards against a top sec d and beating a top 15 team is boring

memsu06
10-02-2021, 11:00 PM
Don't you guys realize this will never work against the big boys? D line talent is just too much in the SEC. Our splits are too wide. ***

I think it's the opposite. If the line plays right we should be able to block their 3. If they bliz there's holes in the defense we can hit with quick throws.

Air Raid can neutralize the talent Bama has if we can execute it properly.

We still lose next game, but when we get the recruits we need it could be very interesting in the future.

I used to think the Air Raid was throwing bombs every down, but it's death by 1000 cuts. You take what the defense gives us. You rush 3 and drop 8 we'll check to the RB for 5 yards. You get tired of giving up those 5 yards and bring more then we complete pass for 15 yards.

It just takes time to implement and get the right players. We have the perfect coach for MSU. We're never going to go head to head smash mouth football with Bama or Georgia. They have elite talent. We can do more with less if Air Raid is implemented properly.

MrCoachKlein
10-02-2021, 11:02 PM
I think it's the opposite. If the line plays right we should be able to block their 3. If they bliz there's holes in the defense we can hit with quick throws.

Air Raid can neutralize the talent Bama has if we can execute it properly.

We still lose next game, but when we get the recruits we need it could be very interesting in the future.

I used to think the Air Raid was throwing bombs every down, but it's death by 1000 cuts. You take what the defense gives us. You rush 3 and drop 8 we'll check to the RB for 5 yards. You get tired of giving up those 5 yards and bring more then we complete pass for 15 yards.

It just takes time to implement and get the right players. We have the perfect coach for MSU. We're never going to go head to head smash mouth football with Bama or Georgia. They have elite talent. We can do more with less if Air Raid is implemented properly.

Sarcasterics (*) my man