PDA

View Full Version : Georgia makes an early statement about why ?Running the football?

CaptainObvious
10-02-2021, 11:21 AM
Is important to playing winning football.

Maroonthirteen
10-02-2021, 11:27 AM
Damn, that looked like our start in 2017. Ouch.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 11:27 AM
That UGA style doesn't work against good defenses unless you have more talent. We need to run more, but the UGA or Arkansas offense isn't close to the answer for MSU.

Maverick91
10-02-2021, 11:28 AM
That UGA style doesn't work against good defenses unless you have more talent. We need to run more, but the UGA or Arkansas offense isn't close to the answer for MSU.

Retweet!

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 11:30 AM
Retweet!

Once Leach polishes our offense up, people are going to realize it's out best path to beating blue bloods.

Arkansas has an 8-9 win ceiling with this offense they run. Nice bowl games, but after a decade of that they'll realize their problem.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2021, 11:30 AM

This.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2021, 11:32 AM
Arkys getting absolutely whipped at the los both side of the ball

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 11:34 AM
Arkys getting absolutely whipped at the los both side of the ball

You can't beat these teams with that style.

The great thing about Leach's offense is that it forces blue blood defense to back up rather than step up. The takes away all their power and energy.

We are going to try and beat them in a sport.

Coach34
10-02-2021, 11:35 AM
Leach will never beat a blueblood that is having a good year while he is at State throwing it 55 times

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 11:38 AM
Leach will never beat a blueblood that is having a good year while he is at State throwing it 55 times

That may be right. We need more balance for sure, but forcing blue blood defenses into 3-8s is a major advantage to MSU.

Arkansas may not cross mid field today with their style.

parabrave
10-02-2021, 11:41 AM
That may be right. We need more balance for sure, but forcing blue blood defenses into 3-8s is a major advantage to MSU.

Yeah I saw leachs Off on that 3rd down play. Looked really good.

Coach34
10-02-2021, 11:42 AM

A) Not really. They will still control the box and blow up our RB's.

B) UPig is better but they still need to upgrade their talent. It's not their style thats killing them. They are an 8 win team this year and thats great progress for them.

Coach34
10-02-2021, 11:43 AM
They just not ready for the moment today- at all

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 11:43 AM
A) Not really. They will still control the box and blow up our RB's.

B) UPig is better but they still need to upgrade their talent. It's not their style thats killing them. They are an 8 win team this year and thats great progress for them.

UGA nor LSU controlled the box when we played them.

Other than Arkansas possibly winning 8, I disagree with your other points. I don't see that.

MSU cannot win big running what Arkansas is running. It's not possible for us or Arkansas to recruit well enough too

Offshore Dawg
10-02-2021, 11:46 AM
Ark is getting Butt <17ed> by Georgia.

Maverick91
10-02-2021, 11:46 AM
Arkansas needs a mulligan on this game.

PGHBulldogBG
10-02-2021, 11:48 AM
UGA is just way too talented and skilled. Honestly, I know UGA usually has a game or two that is a big head scratching loss, but I feel like this is their year. If they can?t win it all this year then I don?t think they will.

Bothrops
10-02-2021, 11:48 AM
Arkansas needs a mulligan on this game.

Arkansas would get blown out 10/10 times against this team.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2021, 11:49 AM
Uga may have the best defense in the country.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 11:51 AM
Uga may have the best defense in the country.

And running game.

I think they'd beat Bama 31-17 today.

Vandownbytheriver
10-02-2021, 11:52 AM
UGA is just way too talented and skilled. Honestly, I know UGA usually has a game or two that is a big head scratching loss, but I feel like this is their year. If they can?t win it all this year then I don?t think they will.

Other than Florida, their remaining schedule is pretty thin. And whenever you have Big Game Dan on the other sideline, you can almost always chalk it up as a win. Mullen is a good coach, but he has to stop playing scared the first quarter of big games. It's his Achilles heel.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2021, 11:53 AM
And running game.

I agree on the running game part but not sure yet if they have enough qb play go beat bama just yet. They may very well wind up being the best team in the country, they definitely have a championship caliber defense and run game.

Maverick91
10-02-2021, 11:55 AM
And running game.

We need to slow down on this Georgia love. Making this statement solidifies Arkansas as a top ten team. Which means there play verse not top 15 teams is being held to a really high standard. I think this game today is the best game for both teams. All other games this year have been against underwhelming teams.

Coach34
10-02-2021, 11:56 AM
MSU cannot win big running what Arkansas is running. It's not possible for us or Arkansas to recruit well enough too

MSU or UPig will never win big on a consistent basis. It's not possible.

We proved in 2014 we can put together a team that can challenge every now and then. We play Bama in Starkville that season- we likely win the game.
Fitz and crew should have beat Bama in 2017.

Get good on D, be physical, and control the clock. Thats the only way we will "win big" at State. We will remain a 5-7 win team running this shit. Especially once the talent level on D keeps dropping. Looking at our recruiting class right now is showing you the future

Bothrops
10-02-2021, 12:10 PM
Arkansas would get blown out against Bama too. Georgia and Bama are the most talented teams in the country.

calidawg
10-02-2021, 12:11 PM
Shotgun winning big at state is winning 10 games. Had Mullen returned in 2018 we would have had two 10 win seasons in 4 years running the style of offense you're saying we can't run to win big.

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2021, 12:16 PM
Shotgun winning big at state is winning 10 games. Had Mullen returned in 2018 we would have had two 10 win seasons in 4 years running the style of offense you're saying we can't run to win big.

Hot take but That team would have been better than 14.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 12:17 PM

We proved in 2014 we can put together a team that can challenge every now and then. We play Bama in Starkville that season- we likely win the game.

Get good on D, be physical, and control the clock. Thats the only way we will "win big" at State. We will remain a 5-7 win team running this shit. Especially once the talent level on D keeps dropping. Looking at our recruiting class right now is showing you the future

Agree to disagree. I think you’re way off here

Percho
10-02-2021, 12:23 PM

Excuse me but would he have won 10 because of his offense or because of the defense we had that year. Granted his offense would have been more stable than what we ran but that because it would have been the same that had been run the year before. Mullen left us. We did not send him packing. We did not hire a Mullen clone.

msstate7
10-02-2021, 12:31 PM

I think so too.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 12:32 PM

With a $100 mil QB, anything is possible. Can’t rely on that though

Coach34
10-02-2021, 12:47 PM

Exactly

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-02-2021, 12:57 PM
The blueprint for state has been laid. Have a good, tough coach. Win 6-8 games yearly until you have a senior laden team. That?s when you take your shot and hopefully some other teams are down that year.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 01:05 PM
The blueprint for state has been laid. Have a good, tough coach. Win 6-8 games yearly until you have a senior laden team. That?s when you take your shot and hopefully some other teams are down that year.

We do have a good tough coach. He just runs an offense that prevents our OL from getting raped by blue blood DLs

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-02-2021, 01:10 PM
I agree on Leach being tough. I like that about him

parabrave
10-02-2021, 01:14 PM
We do have a good tough coach. He just runs an offense that prevents our OL from getting raped by blue blood DLs

I swear Gun you must be dam good at Trolling because you don't remember our QBs getting molested last year. Thankfully Leach went from 5ft to 3 on his splits. And by your thinking GA should be losing because they have only 230 tot yards and of that 54 yds passing.

CaptainObvious
10-02-2021, 01:19 PM

This is the correct answer. If you expect anything more than an occasional 9 to 10 win season when you have 17-18 senior starters, you are probably following the wrong college program. If you cannot enjoy a trip to Nashville, Jacksonville, Memphis, Houston or Central Florida in late December, you should probably find a new team.

Maybe with the new divisions we will get a schedule with

Missouri
USCe
UK
Vandy
Arkansas
UT
Auburn
Ole Miss

Every 4 years.

MoreCowbell
10-02-2021, 02:02 PM

They absolutely would have. Ball control offense with the best defense in nation I think we would have been a playoff team in 2018 had Dan stayed

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2021, 02:03 PM
I swear Gun you must be dam good at Trolling because you don't remember our QBs getting molested last year. Thankfully Leach went from 5ft to 3 on his splits. And by your thinking GA should be losing because they have only 230 tot yards and of that 54 yds passing.

You mean last year when our OL had no idea WTF they were doing?

That hasn't happened this year. Heaven forbid the coach have time to develop the players and implement an awkward scheme

BuckyIsAB****
10-02-2021, 02:15 PM
You mean last year when our OL had no idea WTF they were doing?

That hasn't happened this year. Heaven forbid the coach have time to develop the players and implement an awkward scheme

They still are young. The one with the most experience has only been in it 2 years. Lashley might as well be an 18 year old

parabrave
10-02-2021, 03:25 PM

I think UGA just made your point.

Lord McBuckethead
10-02-2021, 03:28 PM

Ole Miss beat Bama twice right? By throwing the ball downfield. Hell Freeze may have the best winning percentage against Saban than any Coach alive outside the NFL. Didn?t he do it with Bo Wallace?

Maverick91
10-02-2021, 03:32 PM
Ole Miss beat Bama twice right? By throwing the ball downfield. Hell Freeze may have the best winning percentage against Saban than any Coach alive outside the NFL. Didn?t he do it with Bo Wallace?

You are thinking Gusbus

BayouDawg
10-02-2021, 04:11 PM
They absolutely would have. Ball control offense with the best defense in nation I think we would have been a playoff team in 2018 had Dan stayed

The only thing that may have kept us from really contending was the lack of talent at wide receiver. Probably the worst group of receivers in the conference that year.