PDA

View Full Version : Guys I am finally coming home from Hurricane deployment and have not been able to

99jc
10-01-2021, 06:52 AM
see a game yet. Is this team as bad as many seem to indicate is it Leach, QB, defense or a combo of all the above?

sleepy dawg
10-01-2021, 07:30 AM
Most everybody agrees we are not good. That seems to be the end of what we agree on. Some think we are terrible, some think we aren't good, but really close to being good. I believe we're 7 points away from being undefeated or we're 2 points away from being 1-3. Our offense seems to play good only when our backs against the wall. We can move the ball in short increments, but we can't score. Our run D is good and we force turnovers, but we give up a lot of big plays. We get a lot of penalties and turn the ball over way too much.
I think most people would agree that if we cut out the mistakes, started taking more deep shots, ran the ball more, and quit giving up so many big plays we'd at least be decent. The disagreements usually come on whether we think that's something we can actually change or not. I for one do not believe we will correct all those things and we will remain a mediocre team nationally and stay near the bottom of the SEC.

viverlibre
10-01-2021, 07:32 AM
Defense is solid to good. QB does well when behind in the 4 qt, otherwise he checks down to RBs, who go down at first contact. Oline playing very well, QB has too much time, which I think leads to him overthinking. QB looks like a combination of Peyton/Eli when it comes to running the ball. Moving the ball like gangbusters between the 20s, but red zone offense is not good. Kicking game is shakey. Leach seems disinterested. Adding a wildcat formation and mixing in play action would work wonders and cure a lot of ills.

Maroonthirteen
10-01-2021, 07:44 AM
Short and sweet.

1. Low on talent as always.
2. Leach's offense does nothing to give talent a tactical advantage.
3. Special teams has sparked two wins. Special teams and turnovers has led to a loss. Need to coach them up on SP.

OLJWales
10-01-2021, 07:48 AM
Have our 5 figered our how to block 3 resulted in this "too much time"?

Thank you for your service 99.

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2021, 07:53 AM
Defense is solid to good. QB does well when behind in the 4 qt, otherwise he checks down to RBs, who go down at first contact. Oline playing very well, QB has too much time, which I think leads to him overthinking. QB looks like a combination of Peyton/Eli when it comes to running the ball. Moving the ball like gangbusters between the 20s, but red zone offense is not good. Kicking game is shakey. Leach seems disinterested. Adding a wildcat formation and mixing in play action would work wonders and cure a lot of ills.

This is inaccurate. We have been ok in the Red Zone scoring 14 of 16 times. We bog down between the 40s and can't push to within FG range and can't hit enough explosive plays to score or get to the Red Zone frequently enough.

PCHSDawg
10-01-2021, 07:59 AM
Another opinion would be that we are a young team that makes mistakes that cost us games, and the apparent success in other schools have members crapping on our team, our QB and our coaches.

sleepy dawg
10-01-2021, 08:24 AM
Another opinion would be that we are a young team that makes mistakes that cost us games, and the apparent success in other schools have members crapping on our team, our QB and our coaches.

Except we're not that young. Someone posted a few weeks ago the average age of rosters/starters. We're about average compared to other schools on age.
Our QB and RBs are sophomores.
Our OLine is mostly upperclassmen.
Our WRs are mostly upperclassmen.
Our DLine is mostly upperclassmen
Our LBs are mostly upperclassmen.
Our DBs are mostly upperclassmen.

Most of our starters are Juniors. Only a couple of freshmen are even getting playing time.

BrunswickDawg
10-01-2021, 08:55 AM
Except we're not that young. Someone posted a few weeks ago the average age of rosters/starters. We're about average compared to other schools on age.
Our QB and RBs are sophomores. -Who had roughly 5 starts each coming into the season
Our OLine is mostly upperclassmen. -Who had a combined 28 starts coming into the season
Our WRs are mostly upperclassmen. - Many of whom were new to the team
Our DLine is mostly upperclassmen
Our LBs are mostly upperclassmen. - Only 1 was a returning starter
Our DBs are mostly upperclassmen.

Most of our starters are Juniors. Only a couple of freshmen are even getting playing time.

People say young, but most of them mean inexperienced or new to the program. When you have a lot of new names playing, people equate that with being young when it may or may not be the case.

PCHSDawg
10-01-2021, 10:29 AM
People say young, but most of them mean inexperienced or new to the program. When you have a lot of new names playing, people equate that with being young when it may or may not be the case.
You may be right, I do know that other than the transfer from Washington State, they all are only in their second year of this system.

NCDawg
10-01-2021, 11:18 AM

Another opinion would be that our secondary has cost us big time in the two losses by giving up bombs, and almost cost us big time in the NC State game when our secondary got beat twice but their QB overthrew the receivers.

tcdog70
10-01-2021, 11:25 AM
we have lost the 2 games by 5 points and a referee screwing. we beat a power 5 team that just beat Clemson. So I think we are not as bad as so-called fans have said. We seem to be better than we were in the first Game. How about let the season play out--we might win more than most think. All the while remembering we play in the SEC West -the best football division in the USA.

memsu06
10-01-2021, 11:31 AM
No, we're not as bad as many here think we are.

We very well could be 4-0 right now and ranked if not for mistakes and getting screwed by the officials.

Every week there's improvement in some aspect of our game and then there are also some really dumb mistakes that kill us.

So, if we can clean up the mistakes on defense, offense, and special teams we'll be fine.

PGHBulldogBG
10-01-2021, 11:33 AM
Another opinion would be that our secondary has cost us big time in the two losses by giving up bombs, and almost cost us big time in the NC State game when our secondary got beat twice but their QB overthrew the receivers.

Honestly, I think this right here will determine whether we win or lose Saturday. If the aTm QB can hit these open receivers they win, but if not then we win. This issue is something not talked about much but this is why we will struggle with any team with a good deep arm. Going into the season I rated this the 2nd hardest game on our schedule with no shot, but I basically flipped this one with Arkansas. We have a chance now and it?s our last chance to save our bowl streak

was21
10-01-2021, 11:40 AM
Your first sentence sums it up.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-01-2021, 05:25 PM
We suck. We will know tomorrow night how bad we suck.

Bothrops
10-02-2021, 11:40 AM
Limited at qb with a tough scheme to master, otherwise personnel on offense is good by MSU standards. Defense is down on talent and depth up front. CB is good but wafer thin.

schddog72
10-02-2021, 06:27 PM
see a game yet. Is this team as bad as many seem to indicate is it Leach, QB, defense or a combo of all the above?

Worse; mostly just #1, #2 & #4.