PDA

View Full Version : Graham Harrell

Dawgfan77
09-30-2021, 07:32 PM
Keep this name on your mind.. all I got right now. Just remember this name.

Quaoarsking
09-30-2021, 07:36 PM
If you're saying he's coming in next year to be our OC, then yeah that would make a lot of sense.

He's currently the OC at USC (and presumably won't be retained when they hire a new HC), and he was Leach's best QB of his career until arguably Minshew. He also coached WRs under Leach some at Washington State.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2021, 07:42 PM
And he had one of the weakest arms ever in college football and put up huge numbers. I remember he was in senior bowl and the used the bigger nfl ball and he was bouncing every throw lol. Dude was a great college qb though and shows what a quick decision making qb can do in this offense.

Dawgfan77
09-30-2021, 08:06 PM
And he had one of the weakest arms ever in college football and put up huge numbers. I remember he was in senior bowl and the used the bigger nfl ball and he was bouncing every throw lol. Dude was a great college qb though and shows what a quick decision making qb can do in this offense.
Yeah his arm strength has everything to do with his coaching abilities.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2021, 08:17 PM

I was just trying to make a point that Harrell knows how to make this offense work without the most tools and would be a great teacher for our young qbs and offensive players. Pardon me I'll bow out of your little thread.

Maverick91
09-30-2021, 08:47 PM
I like where this is going. Leach can move into actually being a game manager, he won’t miss the downed punt, and jumping the line stuff.

Jarius
09-30-2021, 08:56 PM

What does he do differently than Leach? I don’t watch USC football.

Catfish
09-30-2021, 09:43 PM
I was just trying to make a point that Harrell knows how to make this offense work without the most tools and would be a great teacher for our young qbs and offensive players. Pardon me I'll bow out of your little thread.

I think you make a great point. He would be a tremendous help for Will, especially reading the lanes in the 3-8 defense.

HoopsDawg
09-30-2021, 10:39 PM

WTH?

Todd4State
09-30-2021, 10:58 PM
And what coach on staff would he be replacing? Mele? No. Mason? No. Spurrier? I hope not. Nichols? Maybe but that would double Spurrier's responsibility. I could see him coming as an analyst working with QB's maybe.

Dawgfan77
10-01-2021, 06:15 AM

My bad! Chalk it up to misunderstanding your response

Commercecomet24
10-01-2021, 09:01 AM

No problem. It's all good. I should've explained it better in the first post.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-01-2021, 09:39 AM
Harrell coming to not call plays? He can be a play caller elsewhere.

OLJWales
10-01-2021, 09:49 AM

Thanks 77. I was gonna "WTH" ya till seen this.

StarkVegasSteve
10-01-2021, 09:55 AM
I'll see it when I believe it. In 20+ years of being a HC Mike Leach has never had an OC. Now maybe he sees a rising coach and familiarity with someone like Harrell and makes the move. I could see Harrell being given an analyst position and basically being the de facto QB coach and working with Rogers, Greek, Robertson, and Locke.

Saying all that, Leach isn't giving up play calling duties.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-01-2021, 10:33 AM

Not buying this..Leach handing the offense reigns over to someone else? nah

Dawgfan77
10-01-2021, 12:27 PM
I never said OC. Just FYI

Todd4State
10-01-2021, 12:43 PM

Then what would he be doing at MSU?

gtowndawg
10-01-2021, 12:52 PM
Typically, rumors like this signal the beginning of the end. "Be patient, he's bringing in (name a coach here). That will turn things around."

Dawg496
10-01-2021, 01:38 PM

HC? Leach retiring? I dont know why else he would come here except for OC or HC.

Santiago
10-01-2021, 03:17 PM

Hopefully that QB is coming with him.

preachermatt83
10-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Lol!!!

Bothrops
10-01-2021, 09:17 PM
Is this a smokescreen? Maybe this guy comes in to disguise himself and play qb for Will. ⁰⁰

Dawgface
10-02-2021, 07:12 AM
HC? Leach retiring? I dont know why else he would come here except for OC or HC.

Probably to be the HC in waiting. Cohen wants an easy transition for the air raid offense when Leach retires. ;)

MetEdDawg
10-02-2021, 09:03 AM
I actually think Graham Harrell could do really well for us as a future HC. Has experience in the Big 12, had a couple years in the NFL, is young and has some fire and has been at some big programs.

Has a lot of connections in Texas and understands this offense. I actually think a modified Air Raid can work in the SEC and think he could do that.

Worked with Gundy, Holgerson, and Leach. I would love it if he came in as an AHC/OC and started learning how to manage the everyday operations as a HC in waiting.

Dawgology
10-02-2021, 10:05 AM
Word on the street is he still has one year of eligibility because he hasn?t used his Covid year.*****

Dawgfan77
10-02-2021, 11:20 AM
Guys in no way did I say he was gonna be OC or HC. Just that feelers had been out out cause he won't be retained at USC.
This HC is waiting shit needs to stop. I am not sure Leach coaches in 23.
Y'all sure can twist some info

Dawgology
10-02-2021, 11:28 AM
Guys in no way did I say he was gonna be OC or HC. Just that feelers had been out out cause he won't be retained at USC.

In fairness you posted a cryptic message and then you are surprised folks started guessing at what you meant. Come on…this is a message board.

Dawgfan77
10-02-2021, 11:53 AM
In fairness you posted a cryptic message and then you are surprised folks started guessing at what you meant. Come on…this is a message board.

True that

Tripp McNeely
10-02-2021, 12:04 PM
True that

Keep providing info man! It's definitely an intriguing possibility...In whatever facet he'll be on staff...I'm not sure most would even be opposed to a "coach in waiting" situation. You never know, he might be our Lincoln Riley

Ifyouonlyknew
10-02-2021, 12:07 PM
I actually think Graham Harrell could do really well for us as a future HC. Has experience in the Big 12, had a couple years in the NFL, is young and has some fire and has been at some big programs.

Has a lot of connections in Texas and understands this offense. I actually think a modified Air Raid can work in the SEC and think he could do that.

Worked with Gundy, Holgerson, and Leach. I would love it if he came in as an AHC/OC and started learning how to manage the everyday operations as a HC in waiting.

I think that's way too soon to be thinking about as a future HC. He hasn't even proven he's a great P5 OC.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-02-2021, 12:08 PM
I'm not sure most would even be opposed to a "coach in waiting" situation.

I would

coachnorm
10-02-2021, 12:50 PM
I do not watch all USC games but I can tell you the there are some match-up plays executed that add to the Air Raid being run at the time there. In other words the Air Raid is bastardized out there?

Tripp McNeely
10-02-2021, 01:03 PM
I would

Why?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Why?

He hasn't proven he's an elite OC yet let alone good enough to be mentioning him as a coach in waiting.

OLJWales
10-02-2021, 01:39 PM
He hasn't proven he's an elite OC yet let alone good enough to be mentioning him as a coach in waiting.

IYOK bringing it as usual. Preshate your stuff sir.

Dawgface
10-02-2021, 07:07 PM

You actually thought my coach in waiting was a serious reply? Ha ha......